Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on March 31, 2013, 08:21:33 am
Louisville -3.5 dime play

love this....
also playing Florida -3
and the under in Duke/Louisville
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

widespreadsooie

Gents, been smashing the books since the tourney began. Who's playing someone in the Masters? I took Kaymer +4000. Let's go!

Hawgndaaz

I have Snedeker at 16/1 and Schwartzel at 22/1

widespreadsooie

So what to gamble now that colleges' most covetted sports are in the offseason? Hockey seems to be pretty valuable with puck lines and overs but I really dont know anything about it. Got destroyed on Mich ML, Mich +4, the under, and a 2nd half parlay last night that brought the totals on the CBB season to 107-99 +6 units. Not near enough to make up for football but definitely has me excited for next season. Almost made a living on totals in March going 14-4 on them during the tourney.

Quote from: widespreadsooie on April 09, 2013, 07:50:02 pm
So what to gamble now that colleges' most covetted sports are in the offseason? Hockey seems to be pretty valuable with puck lines and overs but I really dont know anything about it. Got destroyed on Mich ML, Mich +4, the under, and a 2nd half parlay last night that brought the totals on the CBB season to 107-99 +6 units. Not near enough to make up for football but definitely has me excited for next season. Almost made a living on totals in March going 14-4 on them during the tourney.

Couple questions.  Did you really play mich money line, did you really play mich +4, did you really play the under?
Let's make some waves.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on April 09, 2013, 09:11:21 pm
Couple questions.  Did you really play mich money line, did you really play mich +4, did you really play the under?

Yeah? National Championship games are kinda like the Bourbon Bowl. Can't hold anything back.

Quote from: widespreadsooie on April 09, 2013, 09:37:56 pm
Yeah? National Championship games are kinda like the Bourbon Bowl. Can't hold anything back.

Lol I hear ya man.
Let's make some waves.

LGHOG

The Bruins will be playing their first game since the bombing in their own house. I'm taking the Bruins -1.5 on the PL.

WILL CLINTON

Is it August yet?

Jonesing, even tried to bet on the Arkansas Derby Saturday.

I've never bet on horses.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on April 17, 2013, 03:11:54 pm
Is it August yet?

Jonesing, even tried to bet on the Arkansas Derby Saturday.

I've never bet on horses.

I feel ya. May get on some NBA playoffs but really can't wait for college football. Also, if you have twitter, follow @ProfitBets for some good baseball picks if you like to play baseball. Guy is good.

widespreadsooie

Alabama to open up -22 vs. Va Tech in Tuscaloosa. Should be easy money. That game will be forty something to 3-10.

Pens / Senators tonight at Consol Energy in Pittsburgh.

Pens - 1.5 goal. 500.00 to win 750.00
Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

Hit 2 NBA games this weekend and a parlay of those 2.

Tonight Red Wings on the road game 5 against the bkckhawks

Money line 600.00 to win 900.00
Let's make some waves.

LGHOG

Taking the Spurs tonight in Game 5 at +1.5. The Spurs know they can't lose this game and go to Miami for the next 2. Must win for the Spurs.

Huckleberry Pig

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on June 20, 2013, 06:44:05 pm
anybody playing the game tonight?

I did, and I don't want to discuss NBA until at least next March.

On a brighter note, only about 8 weeks until Football Season...

widespreadsooie

Really liking Ok. St. -14 against Miss. St. in Houston opening weekend. Along with Bama -17.5 vs. Va. Tech in Atlanta. SC -11.5 vs. NC has some appeal as well as AUB -11 vs. Wazzu. AUB and SC are at home.

Tai_Mai_Shu

MMA this weekend.

Parlay of
Chris Wiedman +200
Dennis Siver +195

widespreadsooie

Win totals I'll be playing:

Bama o11 +110
AUB u6.5 -125
Miss. St. u5.5 -120
UGA o9.5 -145

Huckleberry Pig

Love seeing this thread pop back up... means we're getting close

SPAL

Put a dime on Arkansas going over 5.5 wins for the season.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on July 25, 2013, 01:41:18 pm

My guy doesn't have AR and KY totals

Put a dime on Arkansas going

over 5.5 wins for the season.

Man I sure hope you are right, but my nuts aren't big enough for that. They may win 10 or may win 2.  I have no read.
Let's make some waves.

widespreadsooie

I would say there's an 80% chance we win 5 or 6 games. I lean 5, but wouldn't be surprised if we won 6. All depends on Rutgers in my opinion, so I guess you could say I lean towards Rutgers a bit in that game. We could grab 7, just means we will have to upset one team out of A&M, USCe, and LSU, assuming we beat Rutgers.

Hawgndaaz

I think we lose all games we aren't favored in except one.

SPAL

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on July 25, 2013, 01:53:28 pm
Man I sure hope you are right, but my nuts aren't big enough for that. They may win 10 or may win 2.  I have no read.

I see 6 . Which gets me there. 4 non conf, aubs, and state. A slip up in non conf and I'll be sweating most of the season.

Huckleberry Pig

need to win all our non-con then take 3/4 against MSU, Auburn, and Ole Miss... Tough task for sure to get to six, but very possible

Huckleberry Pig

I like Ok. State in their opener at MSU, also looking at Fresno St. and Northern Illinois

Tomorrow

Winnipeg +4.  1 unit
Over 56 same game 2 units
Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

ITS ALMOST HERE!!!

Love the over 5.5 total wins play. With the bowl win, I think you are good by a couple of games.

I'll be making my plays game week. Also going to try more NFL this year. After getting my head handed to me in NBA, and not making a bet since the Finals, I'm almost "desperate" to place a few bets. 

I was also thinking of starting some kind of facebook page like this thread. Just thought that more people have facebook than a Hogville account so maybe get some more people involved in it. Let me know what y'all think.

See you in a couple of weeks.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on July 25, 2013, 10:41:47 pm
ITS ALMOST HERE!!!

Love the over 5.5 total wins play. With the bowl win, I think you are good by a couple of games.

I'll be making my plays game week. Also going to try more NFL this year. After getting my head handed to me in NBA, and not making a bet since the Finals, I'm almost "desperate" to place a few bets. 

I was also thinking of starting some kind of facebook page like this thread. Just thought that more people have facebook than a Hogville account so maybe get some more people involved in it. Let me know what y'all think.

Bowl games aren't included

Huckleberry Pig

ITS ALMOST HERE!!!

I use another site called sbrforum.com that is a capping site and there is a forum in there called NCAA Football Handicapping that has some great information.  Seems to be quite a few guys in there that are very well informed.  They even have an SEC Notebook thread that gives you tons of information on each team.  The website is free, you will see me in there under the same name.  Check it out and tell me what you think.

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Hawgndaaz

McKdaddy

I officially have us winning 5 this season, so obviously I'd like to see you win your bet. But I could easily be persuaded into us getting a 6th win.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Huckleberry Pig

Rutgers will be the turning point in our season.  If we win Rutgers and start out 4-0 we have a good chance to get 4.  Would need to take 2/3 against Auburn, Ole Miss, and Miss St. 

widespreadsooie

I have us winning 6. W's over the first four, Sip St., and AUB. I actually completed my preseason predictions last night. I'll be posting them on Hogville next week sometime. Probably get crucified, I do it more to challenge myself though.

SPAL

Good to see the usual suspects and some newbies. I've used sbforums.com a few times to even out a lean. Vegas is a crafty bunch setting the line at 5.5. 6.5 I probably would have left it alone. When breaking it down, I felt our strength would be our line play which should play into the strength of a bb coached team. Most people on hogville are using the emotion of last season to say we will not win, but I think we will.

I played too many games last year. I get caught up in seeing you guys post and I think..."hmm, he may have a point." I start adding games to my board instead of sticking to the games I've analyzed. I will usually always play the Thursday game...I've made a living playing that game.

Can't wait for the season.

BJOhog

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on July 27, 2013, 01:23:27 pm
Good to see the usual suspects and some newbies. I've used sbforums.com a few times to even out a lean. Vegas is a crafty bunch setting the line at 5.5. 6.5 I probably would have left it alone. When breaking it down, I felt our strength would be our line play which should play into the strength of a bb coached team. Most people on hogville are using the emotion of last season to say we will not win, but I think we will.

I played too many games last year. I get caught up in seeing you guys post and I think..."hmm, he may have a point." I start adding games to my board instead of sticking to the games I've analyzed. I will usually always play the Thursday game...I've made a living playing that game.

Can't wait for the season.

good to see ya back!

Huckleberry Pig

First game I really like so far is LSU -6.5 over TCU.

This game will be played at Jerry World and will by no means feel like a home game for TCU.  If anything, I could see it being more of a home atmosphere for the Tigers.  large fan base here already and they travel well, esp to Dallas. 

TCU's QB apparently looked rusty in the spring game and I don't like his first game back in action to be against a solid LSU D.  Could see 2-3 INT's here IMO.  TCU will have a solid D as well but they will be missing their stud DE (second best in the nation behind Clowney) as he was suspended for this game.  He accounted for 1/3rd of TCU's sacks last season (1/3rd of the team total) and this will really make LSU's job on the OL much easier.  If LSU can establish a running game early, I think that will open up the passing game for Mett.  Just think TCU will be overmatched here.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on July 29, 2013, 11:23:52 am
First game I really like so far is LSU -6.5 over TCU.

This game will be played at Jerry World and will by no means feel like a home game for TCU.  If anything, I could see it being more of a home atmosphere for the Tigers.  large fan base here already and they travel well, esp to Dallas. 

TCU's QB apparently looked rusty in the spring game and I don't like his first game back in action to be against a solid LSU D.  Could see 2-3 INT's here IMO.  TCU will have a solid D as well but they will be missing their stud DE (second best in the nation behind Clowney) as he was suspended for this game.  He accounted for 1/3rd of TCU's sacks last season (1/3rd of the team total) and this will really make LSU's job on the OL much easier.  If LSU can establish a running game early, I think that will open up the passing game for Mett.  Just think TCU will be overmatched here.

I like the points in this low scoring affair. Not enough to play though. My hot game right now is OK St. -14 vs. Miss. St. in HOU.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: widespreadsooie on July 29, 2013, 12:08:28 pm
I like the points in this low scoring affair. Not enough to play though. My hot game right now is OK St. -14 vs. Miss. St. in HOU.

like that one as well!

DadVader1

Starting to get excited about the start of the season too!  It's about time to dust off last year's spreadsheets, see if I can use any of the tweaks I made in developing an Oaklawn version, and start getting a blank template ready for the new season.

I like that you're thinking of ways of getting more folks involved and more input, but I have doubts/reservations about doing that on facebook.  In discussing gaming online, I like the small amount of anonymity that a username provides.  I use fb mainly for communicating with friends and family and doubt that I would be very active in posting & debating gaming picks in that venue.

Monk-N-Dunk

I know this topic gets brought up a lot but what sites are ya'll using now for sport betting?

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: DadVader1 on July 29, 2013, 01:19:06 pm
Starting to get excited about the start of the season too!  It's about time to dust off last year's spreadsheets, see if I can use any of the tweaks I made in developing an Oaklawn version, and start getting a blank template ready for the new season.

I like that you're thinking of ways of getting more folks involved and more input, but I have doubts/reservations about doing that on facebook.  In discussing gaming online, I like the small amount of anonymity that a username provides.  I use fb mainly for communicating with friends and family and doubt that I would be very active in posting & debating gaming picks in that venue.

agreed

widespreadsooie

Quote from: DadVader1 on July 29, 2013, 01:19:06 pm

Looking forward to your plays this season. Tailed you some last season and it payed off.

DadVader1

Glad it played out that way.  Most of what I've learned on this stuff, I learned here.  It's been fun learning and tailing folks on here.