Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FB program in 5 years

Started by Headhog32, August 18, 2017, 05:25:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Headhog32

where do y'all see our program in 5 years from now. SEC championship? CFB playoffs? Nat. championship? 5-7 season? or mediocer 9-3 team?.. just something to think about.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Headhog32 on August 18, 2017, 05:25:43 pm
where do y'all see our program in 5 years from now. SEC championship? CFB playoffs? Nat. championship? 5-7 season? or mediocer 9-3 team?.. just something to think about.

Probably 1 10 win season then 4 seasons of 7-9 wins.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Headhog32

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on August 18, 2017, 05:27:54 pm
Probably 1 10 win season then 4 seasons of 7-9 wins.
id like to see back to back 10 win seasons or maybe a year where we only lose to Bama

Brake

Quote from: Headhog32 on August 18, 2017, 05:30:34 pm
id like to see back to back 10 win seasons or maybe a year where we only lose to Bama
That's what you would like to see? You wouldn't want a undefeated season? Are you not tired of watching us lose to bama? I wanna beat bama and go undefeated. I'm not saying that's what we're gonna.

Seebs

I should be dead so I will do what I can.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Inhogswetrust

I think we should be thinking about five days, five weeks and five months NOT five years.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jst01

Most likely in 5 years we will have a different coach and be complaining about winning 7-8 games. This is what it is.

If we stay with this HC and AD, and, of course, if they both agree to stay with us, you will be seeing about what you see now, 7 to 9 win seasons, a decent bowl record because we will  be playing weak teams in bowls and, including the bowl a couple of 10 win seasons and a couple of 5 win seasons.

Sorry I thought we were looking at 10 years out.  Over the next 5 years, expect 6 to maybe 9 wins per season including the bowls.

Headhog32

Quote from: Brake on August 18, 2017, 05:46:37 pm
That's what you would like to see? You wouldn't want a undefeated season? Are you not tired of watching us lose to bama? I wanna beat bama and go undefeated. I'm not saying that's what we're gonna.
thats what I would love to see as well I'm just throwing out ideas of what our program might be in the future. every year at the beginning of the season I hope that we will go undefeated, but you have to be realistic. yes its possible

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Brake on August 18, 2017, 05:46:37 pm

Question isn't what I would like. It's where do you see it at in 5 years. 

ricepig

Headhog32

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on August 18, 2017, 06:20:17 pm
thank you exactly!!

HamSammich

in three years we will have some nutt like car salesman come in and win 11 games with CBB recruits and foundation. History always repeats.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: HamSammich on August 18, 2017, 06:26:07 pm
in three years we will have some nutt like car salesman come in and win 11 games with CBB recruits and foundation. History always repeats.

Well if that is the case it should be 9 wins.  Nutt could never win 11 games. 

Headhog32

Quote from: HamSammich on August 18, 2017, 06:26:07 pm
CBB will still be here in 3 years

HamSammich

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on August 18, 2017, 06:34:34 pm
Well if that is the case it should be 9 wins.  Nutt could never win 11 games.
I like cbbs recruiting over fords actually. Someone is going to go gang busters with it.

AirWarren

Same place it's been for the last 32.

Hawgphat

Frankly, I personally equate questions of this nature to Einstein's Theory Of Relativity: - - - I have absolutely no clue.

Headhog32

Quote from: AP85 on August 18, 2017, 09:28:52 pm
Same place it's been for the last 32.
what about 09, 10, 11, can't compare them years to where we were the last few years

factchecker

Quote from: Headhog32 on August 18, 2017, 09:33:19 pm
what about 09, 10, 11, can't compare them years to where we were the last few years

09?

Arkansas Razorbacks record in 2009: 8-5 win over East Carolina in Liberty Bowl

Arkansas Razorbacks record in 2015: 8-5 win over Kansas State in Liberty Bowl
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hoggiedawg

Quote from: 12247 on August 18, 2017, 05:58:08 pm
If we stay with this HC and AD, and, of course, if they both agree to stay with us, you will be seeing about what you see now, 7 to 9 win seasons, a decent bowl record because we will  be playing weak teams in bowls and, including the bowl a couple of 10 win seasons and a couple of 5 win seasons.

grayhawg

Quote from: Headhog32 on August 18, 2017, 07:39:34 pm
CBB will still be here in 3 years
If he's still on 6 or 7 wins a year, his seat should be so hot he can't sit on it.

Headhog32

Quote from: grayhawg on August 18, 2017, 09:41:31 pm
If he's still on 6 or 7 wins a year, his seat should be so hot he can't sit on it.
oh I agree completely. but I'm hoping and praying that there is no way we go anything less then 8 wins. I don't see it happening I feel good about this year and even better about next year. but anything can happen

Bubba's Bruisers

40-25 over the next 5 years.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

TNRazorbacker

7 wins a year average. So every once in a while a bit better or worse. About where we've been up to now.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: factchecker on August 18, 2017, 09:40:25 pm
09?

Arkansas Razorbacks record in 2009: 8-5 win over East Carolina in Liberty Bowl

Arkansas Razorbacks record in 2015: 8-5 win over Kansas State in Liberty Bowl
Fair enough, your man has some pressure on him this year, Petrino's third year the Hogs were ranked in the top 10 and played in the Sugar Bowl with a record of 10-2...think your boy is going to post 10 regular season wins this year ?  I'll take the side he doesn't for any amount. So now, put your coin where your keyboard seems to be.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

factchecker

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on August 18, 2017, 11:48:27 pm
Fair enough, your man has some pressure on him this year, Petrino's third year the Hogs were ranked in the top 10 and played in the Sugar Bowl with a record of 10-2...think your boy is going to post 10 regular season wins this year ?  I'll take the side he doesn't for any amount. So now, put your coin where your keyboard seems to be.

What are you talking about?  I replied to a quote that stated:

Quote from: Headhog32 on August 18, 2017, 09:33:19 pm

2010 and 2011 were extraordinary not 2009.

Did you log-in to the wrong account and get confused?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

gchamblee

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on August 18, 2017, 11:48:27 pm

If you're a hog fan, he is your boy too. however, we know that cbp is your boy and you are a cbp fan more than you are a hog fan. carry on.

Mike_e

It would be fun to put all of the CBP fanboys and all of the 'star gazers' in a room and let them go at it.

Come on guys which is it?  Coaching or talent?
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

1highhog

The talent is here and after this coming year I think  if there are no Coaching changes throughout the whole staff we will see perhaps one of our best classes signed in years.  With this said, I'm not going to say what the program will look like in 5 years, I worry about what it looks like now and this season.  I think this team will surprise a lot of people this year and win 9 games, and when you look across the depth chart you will see that at every position we have depth coming back next year to make as good a run next year or even better.  The only worry I will have next year will be and unproven QB and O-Line with Ragnow, and I always worry about LB's.

hogcard1964

Impossible to tell.  We'll probably be either 3 or 4 years into a new regime.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

LZH

Quote from: jst01 on August 18, 2017, 05:57:00 pm
Most likely in 5 years we will have a different coach and be complaining about winning 7-8 games. This is what it is.

Ding ding ding .....

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Mike_e on August 19, 2017, 07:25:32 am
It would be fun to put all of the CBP fanboys and all of the 'star gazers' in a room and let them go at it.

Come on guys which is it?  Coaching or talent?

It has always been both. With coaching being the most important part. 1st coaching. 2nd talent. 

hogcard1964

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on August 19, 2017, 09:43:59 am
It has always been both. With coaching being the most important part. 1st coaching. 2nd talent.

True, I've also noticed the mantra of recruiting improving has morphed over the past few years.  It has improved, then it didn't, then it did...

Brake

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on August 18, 2017, 06:20:17 pm
I know what the question is. I was referring to his comment on what he would like to see. We've been very mediocre the last 5 years and I don't see that changing unless we start getting more 4 stars and maybe some 5 stars. Some say the stars don't matter but Alabama has plenty of them and it works for them. We need to recruit better.

Headhog32

Quote from: Brake on August 19, 2017, 01:15:46 pm
I know what the question is. I was referring to his comment on what he would like to see. We've been very mediocre the last 5 years and I don't see that changing unless we start getting more 4 stars and maybe some 5 stars. Some say the stars don't matter but Alabama has plenty of them and it works for them. We need to recruit better.
we have to have a few back to back seasons of at least 10 wins or better before we start bringing in any 5 stars

Hoginsavga

I think 2017 will be the pivotal year for CBB in his tenure at Arkansas. IMO he has the staff and enough talent to win 10 or more games this year, including the bowl game. If he does so the the needle has moved up significantly and could propel us forward to seasons like he experienced at Whisky.

On the other hand if we finish with 7 wins are less then I can't see us as becoming reasonable successful under CBB. Anywhere between 7 and 10 wins will put us at a level where CBB will be retained but I will not expect much gratification from future seasons.

So in a nutshell I think 2017 will be a defining year for the Hogs under CBB. My wish, as always, is for this to be the year we really turn the corner.

Bacons Rebellion

In 5 years I see the program ending preseason practices, getting ready for the opener against a rent-a-win school and heart by fans complaining about how bad the is coaching is. That is unless we have a brand new coach. In that case people will be complaining we didn't get a home run hire and the AD should be fired.

GuvHog

Quote from: Hoginsavga on August 19, 2017, 05:24:05 pm
I think 2017 will be the pivotal year for CBB in his tenure at Arkansas. IMO he has the staff and enough talent to win 10 or more games this year, including the bowl game. If he does so the the needle has moved up significantly and could propel us forward to seasons like he experienced at Whisky.

On the other hand if we finish with 7 wins are less then I can't see us as becoming reasonable successful under CBB. Anywhere between 7 and 10 wins will put us at a level where CBB will be retained but I will not expect much gratification from future seasons.

So in a nutshell I think 2017 will be a defining year for the Hogs under CBB. My wish, as always, is for this to be the year we really turn the corner.

I agree this will indeed be CBB's defining year. For the last 4 years there have been people saying "he inherited a mess so he needs more time". This is his 5th season and not one single solitary player that he inherited is still on this team, every single player is a CBB recruit so the "he inherited a mess" mantra doesn't apply any more. It's time for CBB and his Hogs to make a big move as far as wins are concerned and I believe they'll get it done this year.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

GTOWNHOG

Bielema will not take our program to the "promised land".  We might end up 2nd or third in the West occasionally, but we are not going to win the SEC WITH THE CURRENT Coaching staff.
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

Headhog32

Quote from: Hoginsavga on August 19, 2017, 05:24:05 pm

this Is very well said, we had the talent last year to win 9 maybe even 10 games. IMO there should be ABSOLUTELY NO ECCUSE of not winning 9-10 games this year. unless we have several injuries. we. have the talent, the coaching staff, and even a decent schedule that sets up for a 9-10 win season. if CBB can not pull that off then he is  not the guy for us. and I fully support CBB and I really like the guy, but this is the year that he has to get it done, if not then I'm off of the bret bus.

Al Boarland

Quote from: 1highhog on August 19, 2017, 08:35:17 am
The talent is here and after this coming year I think  if there are no Coaching changes throughout the whole staff we will see perhaps one of our best classes signed in years.  With this said, I'm not going to say what the program will look like in 5 years, I worry about what it looks like now and this season.  I think this team will surprise a lot of people this year and win 9 games, and when you look across the depth chart you will see that at every position we have depth coming back next year to make as good a run next year or even better.  The only worry I will have next year will be and unproven QB and O-Line with Ragnow, and I always worry about LB's.

Do I need to post the recruiting rankings for the past 5 years? The talent is at other programs if you look where they rank year in and year out.  We are still recruiting bottom half of the SECw.

hoghiker

I love the Hogs. But. A national championship probably not going to be repeated. Recruiting, etc just doesn't appear to work in our direction. Conference championship maybe. I hope so. If your enjoyment as a hog fan is a natty you are going to be forever didappointed. I day dream about it.
Idle time killing. Can't wait for season to start. I'll watch every game hoping we win them all.

Hoginsavga

Quote from: Al Boarland on August 20, 2017, 03:53:36 am
Do I need to post the recruiting rankings for the past 5 years? The talent is at other programs if you look where they rank year in and year out.  We are still recruiting bottom half of the SECw.

I can only think of four teams on our 2017 schedule that have significantly better recruiting rankings over the past four years.  ALabama, LSU, A$M and Auburn are higher. Ole Miss has serious problems that more than offset any recruiting advantage. USCe and Missouri have second year coaches that have yet to prove themselves. That leaves MState and I believe we generally out recruit them.

We have three OOC games that are guaranteed wins leaving only TCU where our recruiting is maybe a little better or a little worse, not going to spend time researching.

So if you are a purist and draw the line on recruiting only  and coaching doesn't matter then we should win about 8 games this year.

I am a strong believer that coaching is first in importance. Follow the good or great coaches and they will win wherever  they go, with few exceptions. Look at the traditional heavyweights in college football such as Alabama, USCw, Michigan, Texas, Notre Dame, to name a few, and see that those programs have lost when they had  the wrong coach. So is it the recruits or the coaching?

hogcard1964

August 20, 2017, 09:56:08 am #46 Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 10:06:20 am by hogcard1964
Quote from: Al Boarland on August 20, 2017, 03:53:36 am

He's not a good recruiter.

http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=SEC

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=SEC

HiggiePiggy

He recruits about where Arkansas always has recruited. 

hogcard1964

Al Boarland

Quote from: Hoginsavga on August 20, 2017, 09:06:33 am
I can only think of four teams on our 2017 schedule that have significantly better recruiting rankings over the past four years.  ALabama, LSU, A$M and Auburn are higher. Ole Miss has serious problems that more than offset any recruiting advantage. USCe and Missouri have second year coaches that have yet to prove themselves. That leaves MState and I believe we generally out recruit them.

We have three OOC games that are guaranteed wins leaving only TCU where our recruiting is maybe a little better or a little worse, not going to spend time researching.

So if you are a purist and draw the line on recruiting only  and coaching doesn't matter then we should win about 8 games this year.

I am a strong believer that coaching is first in importance. Follow the good or great coaches and they will win wherever  they go, with few exceptions. Look at the traditional heavyweights in college football such as Alabama, USCw, Michigan, Texas, Notre Dame, to name a few, and see that those programs have lost when they had  the wrong coach. So is it the recruits or the coaching?

We recruit about as well as MS St.

Look up the rankings. I've posted them before. Miss St., Ole Miss and the likes are our toss up games year in and year out. We have to do better than .500 on those games to have a decent season.