Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1994 NCAA Basketball

Started by jdevers, July 07, 2009, 04:38:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jdevers

I have a quick question for everyone.  I have a red and white team basketball signed by the 1994 basketball team right after they won the championship.  I have held on to this as sort of a treasured memory as I was closely associated with the team then, but all of that nostalgia has pretty much left me.  I'm interested in selling it, but have no idea what to charge.  I've searched EBay and our own classifieds but couldn't find an equivalent item for sale.  What do you guys think?

clifflee4mvp

don't expect much. better off selling it on a place like hogville than Ebay. No real big names on there (Williamson is not worth anything, and the rest are even worse). I would love to have it, but I collect Arkansas memoribilia and there isn't much of it worth very much money.
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

jdevers

Quote from: rzrbkman on July 07, 2009, 04:44:44 pm
How could all of those memories leave you. Thats all many Hog basketball fans have to hold on to at times. Never a better season before or since.

I could answer this, but it is a bit personal.  Suffice it to say that everything that I loved in Hog basketball was represented on that team and a close personal friend on that team has since been screwed over by the athletic department.  I'll still watch Hog basketball games, but it will never be the same.  Of course my love for football will never go away.

stchane

I'll start the bidding at $50 bucks
For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane

All_Hogs

A friend of mine spent $500 on a signed LSU national championship football helmet.  Thought that was a fair price (since the money went to the school).

jdevers

I don't know if I can sell it on this forum...I was just wanting people's opinions as to what it was worth.  If I decide to sell it, I'll post it in the correct forum for that.

stchane

Can you PM me with the final offer?
For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane

cfhogs

I've got the schedule poster with Beck, Williamson, and Thurman that says "a new definition of fear."

razorback541

Man i wish i wasnt paying for collage right now i would drop some money on that.

BASSNHAWG

July 07, 2009, 09:49:56 pm #9 Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 09:51:53 pm by BASSNHAWG
I have 2 of the Rawlings balls with the large white area with autographs of all the '94 players plus Nolan on one and just the players on the other. I bought the one with Nolan's sig. about 4 years ago for $250 and the other a year ago for $60. I can't imagine selling either one!

WizardofhOgZ

I have a similar item, except the team's signatures are on an official Rawlings "NCAA Final Four" basketball" - the exact balls they used in the Championship game.

You couldn't pry it from my grip for anything.

But . . . to each their own . . .

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: BASSNHAWG on July 07, 2009, 09:49:56 pm
I have 2 of the Rawlings balls with the large white area with autographs of all the '94 players plus Nolan on one and just the players on the other. I bought the one with Nolan's sig. about 4 years ago for $250 and the other a year ago for $60. I can't imagine selling either one!

this is what i meant by my post. no way you would pull 250 for that ball on ebay.
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Jabroni

Quote from: Patrick on July 07, 2009, 09:23:21 pm
"college" can be expensive, but how much does "collage" cost?

"Collage" is just another word for an Ole Miss education. Would run you about $6,522.00 per semester.