Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scotty Thurman on the Departure of Jason Henry

Started by SummerLatte, July 06, 2009, 04:02:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SummerLatte

Scotty Thurman was at Catholic High School Monday morning talking to students about the hazards of drinking and driving.

While there we asked Thurman his thoughts on the departure of Jason Henry from the Razorback basketball team.  Thurman and Henry did know each other fairly well, I guess you could say.  I found what Thurman said to be very true, honest, and to the point.

Thurman's interview is in the Coaches Corner at Today's THV.  Just click the link below.

http://www.todaysthv.com/sports/hogzone/default.aspx

3kgthog

Why can't they all be like Scotty? Give me a team full of guys like him and we'll get another ring.

netteltonhog

I cant get the sound to work.  Anyone else having this problem?

SummerLatte

I checked it and mine seems to be working.  It takes :10 seconds for the first question to get asked before he begins to talk. 
I did have to turn my speakers up a little.  Let me know if you are still having problems or if there are any other problems so I can correct it.

Bryan (CHF)

Good interview. I would love for college basketball to be like it was when Scotty was here. He is one of my favorite basketball players of all time and that is without including the fact that he hit the 3!!!
Quote from: Doc Holliday
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

HawgAdvocate

Sounds about right. It's all about priorities. Jason forgot that he needed to do more than dribble a basketball to keep his spot on the roster.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

dhornjr1

Quote from: 3kgthog on July 06, 2009, 04:08:17 pm
Why can't they all be like Scotty? Give me a team full of guys like him and we'll get another ring.

Amen to that.

Niels Boar

Scotty has some impressive media skillz to go along with that sweet jump shot.  He sounds like he would be great at calling games on radio/TV if he wanted to.

deucea729

Is it too much to ask for us to get guys like Scotty and Corliss back heavily involved with the basketball program?  They are such terrific ambassadors for the Razorbacks and this state.

Section B

July 06, 2009, 10:33:04 pm #9 Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 10:36:07 pm by Section8
WTH.. stargated from the Tavern to jump ball...

must be a parallel dimension

or a tear in the time space continuum

Quote from: wocraig on February 23, 2009, 09:34:42 PM
"This is the beginning of a major character flaw with American society.
If this feeling of entitlement is allowed to fester, our republic will not be maintainable.
We need a grassroots movement encouraging personal responsibility and the reiteration that government only provides equality of opportunity... NOT EQUALITY OF OUTCOME." 

Amen brotha.

little pigee

Quote from: deucea729 on July 06, 2009, 08:37:10 pm
Is it too much to ask for us to get guys like Scotty and Corliss back heavily involved with the basketball program?  They are such terrific ambassadors for the Razorbacks and this state.
I second that!
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

hawgsav1

Quote from: Niels Boar on July 06, 2009, 08:25:33 pm
Scotty has some impressive media skillz to go along with that sweet jump shot.  He sounds like he would be great at calling games on radio/TV if he wanted to.

THIS^^^

Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

The_Bionic_Pig

Todd Day has attempted on numerous occasions to become a part of the Arkansas Coaching staff at some/any capacity.  He would be a MONSTROUS RECRUITER in the Memphis, TN area (As is Garrick McGee in Tulsa) based simply off name recognition and familiarity of the area.

That was one of my dream scenarios when/if Coach Rob Evans decides to spend more time on the Gulf Course with Coach Nolan Richardson.

The other was if we got back our asst. coaches from Oklahoma State University.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HawgAdvocate

July 07, 2009, 02:04:24 pm #13 Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 02:07:25 pm by HawgAdvocate
Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on July 07, 2009, 01:54:20 pm

Todd Day has attempted on numerous occasions to become a part of the Arkansas Coaching staff at some/any capacity.  He would be a MONSTROUS RECRUITER in the Memphis, TN area (As is Garrick McGee in Tulsa) based simply off name recognition and familiarity of the area.

That was one of my dream scenarios when/if Coach Rob Evans decides to spend more time on the Gulf Course with Coach Nolan Richardson.

The other was if we got back our asst. coaches from Oklahoma State University.

It's understandable that we'd like to look at Todd having the same influence that Danny Manning has in Lawrence. And while he would carry a lot of clout in Memphis, two issues remain obvious: 1) He'd have to be a forced hire & 2) He's got a questionable character off the court, whose influence isn't exactly what we're looking for as we right the ship.

Sure, in an ideal situation he could grow up real quick and achieve the level of responsibility that he never could grasp in his years here, the NBA, or with the Rimrockers. But, if Todd was unable to sustain such ideal behavior and leadership over the long-term, would Pel have the ability to fire him? Cause Pel would be forced to hire him in the first place. And if Pel did let him go for professional reasons, how well would that be perceived by the unknowing public (including donors, media, etc) that chooses to assess blame without a lick of knowledge?

Legends are always welcomed home. But, sometimes their eventual departures aren't that easy to deal with, and that's why they never make it back in the first place.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

heathtits

Tom Ostrum has sweet connections to whatever high school he was the team manager at. That has to count for something.