Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Xavier Henry and CJ are re, re, re deciciding their commitments this afternoon

Started by k.c.hawg, June 30, 2009, 03:09:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

k.c.hawg

Bill Self was just interviewed  and dude does not sound happy....the father Carl Henry won't take his calls yet this story indicates Self and Danny Manning are headed to OKC this afternoon. Apparently the mom has indicated she now doesn't mind moving to Kentucky so the boys are wanting to head to Kentucky. A crazy article written this weekend from one on one interviews with the Henry's in OKC spawned all this....I would not want these kids on my team, woulldn't want their dad's mouth to deal with for a whole season either.

http://kansas.rivals.com/

http://www.kansascity.com/159/story/1293180.html?storylink=omni_popular
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Oliver

HawgAdvocate

My Jayhawk connections up in KC are flipping out right now.

I love it.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

ruarealhogfan

k.c.hawg

Quote from: ruarealhogfan on June 30, 2009, 03:22:59 pm
Are they in a position to re-decide their commitments? 

Yes....they signed grants of aid not letters of intent.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Oliver Miller on June 30, 2009, 03:13:11 pm
I could care less about all that stuff so long as they won.

Yeah I wouldn't care either but what about having a team that is capable of winning without them and having those guys come in and disrupt it. Self dropped out of the recruitment of the #2 SG to sign this guy and now they are pulling this crap. It is all good by me because I love to watch Jayhawk fans suffer....but it just shows what the hell you have to deal with as a coach today. The dad is out there shooting his mouth off about the kids that will be his sons teammates...saying his son that hasn't played in 4 years will be sending one of last years starters to the bench and heading to the NBA after a one and done. The kids don't see the need to come blend in with their teammates because this year at KU ain't sh*t to them because they are headed to the league. Meanwhile KU has guys that have won a title working their ass off because winning at KU is important to them. I would be very concerned about these 2 coming to a potential championship team.

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on June 30, 2009, 03:20:38 pm
My Jayhawk connections up in KC are flipping out right now.

I love it.

Yeah it is kind of in melt down up here...has been every since the article came out...now they have come out and said a family meeting tonight to re, re, redecide.

chiefsfan

once again another example of everything that is wrong with the one and done rule

Kids who have no interest in going to college and wont offer the school anything academically if they do
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Speedracer

Like smites bother me.

3kgthog

Quote from: Speedracer on June 30, 2009, 04:51:56 pm
Does UK even have room for them??

You give Calipari way too much credit for being a decent guy. He'd find a reason to dismiss two subs on the current team to make room for them. I guarantee it.

Ray Piggers

Yeah this is not good at all..

Kentucky might kill everybody.. Even teams like the wizards and the clippers.
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

rzrbackrob

Quote from: k.c.hawg on June 30, 2009, 03:09:17 pm
Bill Self was just interviewed  and dude does not sound happy....the father Carl Henry won't take his calls yet this story indicates Self and Danny Manning are headed to OKC this afternoon. Apparently the mom has indicated she now doesn't mind moving to Kentucky so the boys are wanting to head to Kentucky. A crazy article written this weekend from one on one interviews with the Henry's in OKC spawned all this....I would not want these kids on my team, woulldn't want their dad's mouth to deal with for a whole season either.
http://kansas.rivals.com/
http://www.kansascity.com/159/story/1293180.html?storylink=omni_popular

Maybe they just got a better deal at Kentucky.

Good is the enemy of great

arkmark

Quote from: k.c.hawg on June 30, 2009, 03:43:59 pm
but it just shows what the hell you have to deal with as a coach today.

No sympathy whatsoever for any coach who sells his soul for the brass ring.  Whatever happens he has it coming.  I'll add that any university president that would allow any coach to pull a scolly from some kid who has the talent to fill out a roster but not necessarily for the big league and thereby needs the education ought to be fired.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: arkmark on June 30, 2009, 05:54:48 pm
Quote from: k.c.hawg on June 30, 2009, 03:43:59 pm
but it just shows what the hell you have to deal with as a coach today.

No sympathy whatsoever for any coach who sells his soul for the brass ring.  Whatever happens he has it coming.  I'll add that any university president that would allow any coach to pull a scolly from some kid who has the talent to fill out a roster but not necessarily for the big league and thereby needs the education ought to be fired.

I would appreciate it if when you quote me...especially take a quote out of context....that you add your comments outside of the quote. Thanks.

catfanNar

Quote from: 3kgthog on June 30, 2009, 04:54:51 pm
You give Calipari way too much credit for being a decent guy. He'd find a reason to dismiss two subs on the current team to make room for them. I guarantee it.
Kentucky has 12 scholarship players right now for next season. Xavier would be #13 and his brother pitched for the Yankees so he would pay his own way and "walk on"

kingofdequeen

Quote from: catfanNar on June 30, 2009, 07:50:35 pm
Kentucky has 12 scholarship players right now for next season. Xavier would be #13 and his brother pitched for the Yankees so he would pay his own way and "walk on"

DUDE...you will be back on probation soon.  there's no way you won't be.

chiefsfan

Quote from: DahawgsN07 on June 30, 2009, 05:04:05 pm
Yeah this is not good at all..

Kentucky might kill everybody.. Even teams like the wizards and the clippers.

you underestimate Calipari's ability to choke when it counts...  he'll find a way to lose sometime in march
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

hogball33

Kentucky is a shoe in for preseason #1. Wow. How clean a program will this be in 3 years?

athunt

Quote from: chiefsfan on June 30, 2009, 08:55:29 pm
you underestimate Calipari's ability to choke when it counts...  he'll find a way to lose sometime in march

Cal doesnt shoot free throws
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

chiefsfan

Quote from: athunt on June 30, 2009, 11:21:28 pm
Cal doesnt shoot free throws

no but its well documented he never worried about it in practice either

he's an NBA coach in college.  cheating to get his players, and playing an NBA game, at the college level.

ruarealhogfan

The problem for Cal, is that when all is said & done, it all still comes down to coaching.  BTW, saw somewhere else that X. Henry might just be staying at Kansas, but with that circus, who knows...

ruarealhogfan

GS99

Here's Xavier's Wikipedia as of last night (since changed):

... He will be a freshman on the 2009-10 Kentucky Cheaters. Carl Henry will sit in the stands throughout the season counting the money he managed to manipulate out of this situation. Kentucky fans will no doubt turn a blind eye to the complete douchebaggery of the situation as they all do a circle jerk thinking a team that didn't make the tournament the previous year will become National Champions.

shankin6

Quote from: catfanNar on June 30, 2009, 07:50:35 pm

FWIW CJ won't be paying his own way.  That duty belongs to the Yankees. 

catfanNar