Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Was anyone else surprised

Started by TNhawgfan, June 26, 2009, 08:06:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TNhawgfan

that Meeks kept his name in the draft to be picked in the low 40's? To me that's not high enough to forgo your senior season. I wonder if he thought he wouldn't be the man in Cal's system like he was in the other d-bag's system.
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

sirhog

IMHO I figure he was told by people he trusted that he would be a sure first rounder. Happens a lot and is sad for the kids involved. That said, I think he will stick in the NBA.

MountieDawg

Last years pick made about 500,000k, more than most of us will make this year....  I wish he would have stayed, but it will be tough for him to have a more productive year this year than last...  The dribble drive would have helped a lot... But the kid was getting his 3rd coach of his college career and its his life... I wish him luck!
SEC!

newhog

I'm glad he is gone.He killed us this year.

jackflash

Surprised he stayed in. If I had been the Knicks would have found away to draft him

booogaga

i bet the new coaches style of play was a reason...
GO HOGS!

RedSatinHog

Quote from: TNhawgfan on June 26, 2009, 08:06:02 am
that Meeks kept his name in the draft to be picked in the low 40's? To me that's not high enough to forgo your senior season. I wonder if he thought he wouldn't be the man in Cal's system like he was in the other d-bag's system.

After hearing the story of one of the 1st rounders the other night and how he declared for the draft when his parents got sick and how he wanted to be in a position to help them, I reserve judgment of Meeks or anyone else who leaves early for the pros.

I guess what I'm getting at is that none of us really knows what influenced the decision.  Whether or not he'll make a team is hard for any of us to doubt, as Meeks has stupid amounts of talent.  What his personal reasons were for sticking it out and staying in the draft is, quite frankly, none of our business.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

bigdaddyhawg

For NBA players it's not the rookie contract that is important, it's the next, and the next!

Next year he'll play in the league and get experience and begin working toward that more important second contract.

Still, I would be just fine making $500K this year!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

hawgball9401

Quote from: booogaga on June 27, 2009, 09:29:10 pm
i bet the new coaches style of play was a reason...

that is what i was thinking