Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seagears H.S. highlights... (RU->LV)

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, April 20, 2013, 01:00:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

April 20, 2013, 01:00:08 pm Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 01:17:45 pm by The_Bionic_Pig
This was one heck of a battle between McDonald's AA Rodney Purvis & Jerome Seagears...

Jerome put up 45pts that game... He avg. 32pts 9Asst 7Rbs per game his Sr. year.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Iceman

There's gotta be some of that left in him. Maybe in Mike's uptempo offense he can reach that potential.

The_Bionic_Pig

Rodney Purvis was rated:
#4 SG per Rivals
#6 SG per Scout
#5 SG per ESPN

Keeping all that in mind JS got the better of him in the scoring department while dishing out double digit assist.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Dominicanhog

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on April 20, 2013, 01:16:09 pm
Rodney Purvis was rated:
#4 SG per Rivals
#6 SG per Scout
#5 SG per ESPN

Keeping all that in mind JS got the better of him in the scoring department while dishing out double digit assist.

Anything new on where he is at with the recruiting/looking around process, and any positive news regarding his thoughts on the Hogs? 

He looks like a nice addition if we could snag him.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Dominicanhog on April 22, 2013, 04:49:31 pm
Anything new on where he is at with the recruiting/looking around process, and any positive news regarding his thoughts on the Hogs? 

He looks like a nice addition if we could snag him.

Supposed to visit this coming weekend.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Mrcoolhog55

Good to hear that he is going to visit the Hogs. Hope the Hogs can land him. Keeping fingers crossed. He looks like a real good player. The Hogs need more like him. Also good to hear Anton Beard just commiting to the Hogs.

tophawg19

is he the number 1 in white ? if so he is smooth with the ball , with either hand
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

UNCLE BACK

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 22, 2013, 07:13:40 pm
is he the number 1 in white ? if so he is smooth with the ball , with either hand

Yes that's him...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

-Blu

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on April 22, 2013, 06:42:05 pm
Supposed to visit this coming weekend.

He just tweeted about an hour ago

Jerome Seagears ‏@SEAGEARS_MADE 1h
"Arkansas This Weekend!"

He also has in home visits with Marquette and West Virginia on Tuesday, just finished with an in home visit with Baylor.

outlawhogeywells

He will be at the Catfish Hole on Saturday Night

Scott7703

Quote from: pridgehog on April 22, 2013, 07:51:57 pm
He would help us for sure...

You have a feel for what our chances are with him?

Danny J

I think Portis and Kingsley coming on board this year along with guys like Harris and Clarke are a huge plus for PG's looking at us.

UNCLE BACK

Quote from: Scott7703 on April 24, 2013, 01:11:03 pm
You have a feel for what our chances are with him?
In my opinion, either we get him or Eddie Jordan talks him into coming back to Rutgers. We are the team most in need of a PG right away and I believe Mike and his staff are going to put the full court press on this kid this weekend...

The_Iceman

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on April 24, 2013, 04:02:31 pm
I think Portis and Kingsley coming on board this year along with guys like Harris and Clarke are a huge plus for PG's looking at us.

From what I've read, the forwards we have on roster next year excite him and he likes the idea of having those finishers to pass to.

Danny J

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 24, 2013, 04:16:25 pm
From what I've read, the forwards we have on roster next year excite him and he likes the idea of having those finishers to pass to.
Yep and THAT is what I want to hear from a PG. If we can land him for this coming season all we lack is another true SG that is talented and we are likely a NCAA team.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on April 24, 2013, 04:31:03 pm
Yep and THAT is what I want to hear from a PG. If we can land him for this coming season all we lack is another true SG that is talented and we are likely a NCAA team.

Don't count out Bell. Also, if Wade can return to a 40% 3-pt shooter, those two would be a nice combo at that position.

Scott7703

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 24, 2013, 04:16:25 pm

This sounds positive. I definitely think that he would help.

Scott7703

Quote from: pridgehog on April 24, 2013, 04:11:46 pm
In my opinion, either we get him or Eddie Jordan talks him into coming back to Rutgers. We are the team most in need of a PG right away and I believe Mike and his staff are going to put the full court press on this kid this weekend...

I agree. He makes a lot of sense here. You see any chance we get any of the other Rutgers players looking around?

UNCLE BACK

Quote from: Scott7703 on April 24, 2013, 04:46:16 pm
I agree. He makes a lot of sense here. You see any chance we get any of the other Rutgers players looking around?
It is possible, Id expect Watkins to sign his LOI and if Seagers does, that is all we have avail unless we lose another.

scruf

His crossover is sick but that hesitation at :16 is other-worldly. You could watch the game of basketball for another decade and not see that move.

jjdlc

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 24, 2013, 04:35:08 pm
Don't count out Bell. Also, if Wade can return to a 40% 3-pt shooter, those two would be a nice combo at that position.

Bell seemed to find his range towards the end of the season, with a year under his belt, I think we'll see him emerge as a legitimate threat.