Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

uniforms

Started by hawgtime, December 09, 2017, 11:23:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgtime

I hope he allows us to sport some terrific unis some this year.... I like the way they look (as long as we wear traditional too)  and I think the kids really, really love them.

ha ha

Tusker4life

I am all for fun uniforms, but i would prefer cardinal and white. Why mix non school colors in? Unless its for breast cancer or something special.
Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...

JONAS

I liked our unis from last season.  Only thing I would change is to add the hog on the sleeves.  I just don't want the helmet to change.  I don't mind the white helmets occasionally.  I just don't want him to do like several schools are doing by adding numbers on one side of the helmet.  I hate that.

Hoggish1

Quote from: hawgtime on December 09, 2017, 11:23:48 am
I hope he allows us to sport some terrific unis some this year.... I like the way they look (as long as we wear traditional too)  and I think the kids really, really love them.

ha ha

The question is:  What Is Traditional to Us"?

Please, no arena football gear.  Thank you!

RazorNick

Quote from: JONAS on December 09, 2017, 02:57:56 pm
I liked our unis from last season.  Only thing I would change is to add the hog on the sleeves.  I just don't want the helmet to change.  I don't mind the white helmets occasionally.  I just don't want him to do like several schools are doing by adding numbers on one side of the helmet.  I hate that.

We had Hogs on the shoulders under Ford, they were ugly as hell

http://www.wholehogsports.com/galleries/21286/album/#9

rljjr

TWO red stripes on the pants. That's traditional. Bring that back for starters. Freaking A. Just do the DMAC years 2007 and call it a day.

Tusker4life

I call traditional from the 70-80's, which to me look more like Alabama, only numbers and hogs on the jersey and only a hog on the red helmet.  But i do like the version from the Nutt era as well. I like the 64 uniforms, but they have a different hog on the helmet, which is cool, but i like current one. I do like the away uni with the white helmet. But I know i am 50 and not hip. I just love cardinal and white. And I know i am probably boring to the kids now.

Do you guys like the stickers they put in the helmet for touchdowns and stuff? I think its good to recognize achievements, but i dont like the clutter distracting from the hog.

The one Barry Lunney wore with no stripes on the pants were my favorites of all time. To me this is Arkansas! WPS

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 09, 2017, 02:58:31 pm
The question is:  What Is Traditional to Us"?

Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 09, 2017, 02:58:31 pm
The question is: What Is Traditional to Us"?

If you were around in 2006-2007, those would be slightly updated traditional unis.  When DMAC and Jones were finishing up.  Great uniforms, those.

Don't screw up the helmets with those gosh awful stick-on things and stay with cardinal and white.

deserthog

Please no stickers on the helmets. Achievement is rewarded by playing time.

porkerfinger

To me, "traditional" Razorback uniforms do look very similar to Alabama.

Solid cardinal helmet with a white razorback, but no award stickers.

Cardinal jerseys with white numerals at home. White jerseys with cardinal numerals away.

The pants are white with two parallel cardinal stripes running lengthwise.

rljjr

Quote from: porkerfinger on December 09, 2017, 03:34:22 pm
To me, "traditional" Razorback uniforms do look very similar to Alabama.

Solid cardinal helmet with a white razorback, but no award stickers.

Cardinal jerseys with white numerals at home. White jerseys with cardinal numerals away.

The pants are white with two parallel cardinal stripes running lengthwise.

This is a good look, and looks even better when we're winning. I'm on board.

OLDHOG

please no tusks on the shoulder, PLEASE.

rickm1976

Quote from: rljjr on December 09, 2017, 03:16:04 pm
TWO red stripes on the pants. That's traditional. Bring that back for starters. Freaking A. Just do the DMAC years 2007 and call it a day.

Agree 100%.  White on white away, red over white home, gloss red helmet for both (no matte finish), and no anthracite, black, pink, or anything else.  Same ones we had in 2007.

zebradynasty

Quote from: OLDHOG on December 09, 2017, 03:37:24 pm

Yes a 1000 times yes! We should wear just about anything the players like! I like tradition in all but the tradition some are wanting has been gone for 50 years....time to build a new one!

deserthog

Quote from: rickm1976 on December 09, 2017, 03:37:48 pm
Agree 100%.  White on white away, red over white home, gloss red helmet for both (no matte finish), and no anthracite, black, pink, or anything else.  Same ones we had in 2007.

Unfortunately I think the players really like the black unis.

Tusker4life

The 1995 uniforms without the stripes were simple and everyone knew who we were. Adding stripes to the pants would make them more traditional, but heck they dont even need em. I just hate the tusk and the word "arkansas" or "Razorbacks" on the front. They should know who we are by the red helmet with the awesome hog in it!  WPS

Tusker4life

1995 was also the year the hog was increased in size on the helmet if I remember correctly.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: rljjr on December 09, 2017, 03:37:20 pm
This is a good look, and looks even better when we're winning. I'm on board.

JONAS

Quote from: RazorNick on December 09, 2017, 03:13:26 pm
We had Hogs on the shoulders under Ford, they were ugly as hell

http://www.wholehogsports.com/galleries/21286/album/#9

I prefer these, but with ARKANSAS a little smaller.

jvanhorn

ha ha

I tell you what kids really love ---winning.  Ask Alabama..  The rest is just bs.

jvanhorn

Quote from: jvanhorn on December 09, 2017, 04:15:04 pm
I tell you what kids really love ---winning.  Ask Alabama..  The rest is just bs.
Quote from: JONAS on December 09, 2017, 04:12:06 pm
I prefer these, but with ARKANSAS a little smaller.

I love these too.  I see nothing wrong with the size of the lettering unless you are embarrassed to be from Arkansas.  It should say ARKANSAS on road jerseys and RAZORBACKS on  home jerseys.  If you are playing at home and don't know where you are, you have a problem.

jvanhorn

Quote from: deserthog on December 09, 2017, 03:46:36 pm

I personally hate glossy helmets, not just football.  The glare takes away from the logo.

JONAS

Quote from: jvanhorn on December 09, 2017, 04:17:28 pm
I love these too.  I see nothing wrong with the size of the lettering unless you are embarrassed to be from Arkansas.  It should say ARKANSAS on road jerseys and RAZORBACKS on  home jerseys.  If you are playing at home and don't know where you are, you have a problem.

I don't have a problem.  I just think it looks too big on the jersey.  Also looks too much like Oklahoma.  I prefer this size.

Lanlord

I think they should decide on a uniform and wear it all season long.  if you play any games after the season then you have won the right to change it up.

rickm1976

Yeah, I know.  My son is a HS coach, and he tells me these kids today really get into what their uniforms look like.  He swears some of the appeal of Oregon to recruits is because of their weird uniforms.  Crazy.

The NewEra

ha ha

I would like to see us go with something like the 1964 team or the McFadden years and stick with those.  Forget all this glamour stuff.

hawgtime

and anthracite

HogCommander

When it comes to the unis we need some identity.  We haven't been that great at branding over the years.  We have tried to be half ole school and half new school which doesn't work.  Either go full on new school like Oregon or keep it traditional.  Just don't mix both. 

The new school stuff I have liked is the real shiny helmets we wore against K-State, and the new Razorback font is sweet. 
Not sure why we haven't updated the endzones with the new font in DWRRS and in War Memorial.  I'd be okay mixing those two things with traditional. 

My preference would be an updated version of the 06-07, get rid of the crap on the shoulders, two striped pants again, and bring back the shiny helmets.   

Hoggish1

Quote from: Tusker4life on December 09, 2017, 03:19:06 pm
I call traditional from the 70-80's, which to me look more like Alabama, only numbers and hogs on the jersey and only a hog on the red helmet.  But i do like the version from the Nutt era as well. I like the 64 uniforms, but they have a different hog on the helmet, which is cool, but i like current one. I do like the away uni with the white helmet. But I know i am 50 and not hip. I just love cardinal and white. And I know i am probably boring to the kids now.

So, Tusker, why does Alabama not worry about what the kids think?  I think your more hip than you give yourself credit for...

The NewEra

Quote from: deserthog on December 09, 2017, 03:30:45 pm
Please no stickers on the helmets. Achievement is rewarded by playing time.

I don't like the stickers for one reason.  It becomes a me thing and that isn't consistent with team.

dirtdobber

I wouldn't mind being the "Oregon" of the south if it helped us in recruiting.  However, I prefer the white shoes.

Hoggish1

Quote from: OLDHOG on December 09, 2017, 03:37:24 pm

What, you don't like spikes...? lol, I agree

Hoggish1

Quote from: The NewEra on December 09, 2017, 04:27:30 pm
I would like to see us go with something like the 1964 team or the McFadden years and stick with those.  Forget all this glamour stuff.

WOW! A big Amen from this fan!

HogInThaGrove

Quote from: JONAS on December 09, 2017, 04:20:06 pm
I don't have a problem.  I just think it looks too big on the jersey.  Also looks too much like Oklahoma.  I prefer this size.

These were my favorite uni's.  (the ones on the above comment...no idea how to make it show here) They are sharp.

Hoggish1

Quote from: The NewEra on December 09, 2017, 04:30:05 pm
I don't like the stickers for one reason.  It becomes a me thing and that isn't consistent with team.

Agreed.  They should all want to get just a pat on the butt from their position coach when they come off the field...

From Tusk Till Dawn

Maybe one of the best qb's but I hated these uni's.  Hated the sleeves.  Don't mind a white helmet but the hog should be red.

jvanhorn

Quote from: JONAS on December 09, 2017, 04:20:06 pm

You might change your mind when your eyesight isn't what it used to be , lol.  I can live with the other lettering also.

jvanhorn

Quote from: rickm1976 on December 09, 2017, 04:25:10 pm
Yeah, I know.  My son is a HS coach, and he tells me these kids today really get into what their uniforms look like.  He swears some of the appeal of Oregon to recruits is because of their weird uniforms.  Crazy.

The last word was the correct.  Evidently Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, etc didn't get the memo--they just get wins.

Tusker4life

These are from when we finally tasted a little SEC success. A time I remember fondly. Classic Ark vs Ala.

Tusker4life

Glad to know I still ain't a senior citizen. 👍

If we start winning they won't care if we wear the 64 uni's every game. Do you guys remember us having numbers on the back of the helmets pre-1978?
We also had helmets almost identical as Alabama from 1957-63. The hog debuted in 1964.

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 09, 2017, 04:29:14 pm
So, Tusker, why does Alabama not worry about what the kids think?  I think your more hip than you give yourself credit for...

JONAS

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on December 09, 2017, 04:42:40 pm
Maybe one of the best qb's but I hated these uni's.  Hated the sleeves.  Don't mind a white helmet but the hog should be red.

They changed them up the next year.  I thought ARKANSAS looked better in red instead of gray. Also the red hog looked much better.

JONAS

Quote from: Tusker4life on December 09, 2017, 05:06:49 pm
These are from when we finally tasted a little SEC success. A time I remember fondly. Classic Ark vs Ala.

I do like the white pants with no stripe.

hawgtime

I loved the candy apple helmets from a bowl game a few years back... they were SHARP!

JONAS

JONAS

Quote from: hawgtime on December 09, 2017, 05:34:04 pm
I loved the candy apple helmets from a bowl game a few years back... they were SHARP!

These?

Snout team

Bring back the chrome helmet
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

JONAS

I hated these.  I like the all red, but not the stripe.

JONAS

These all reds look better.

Kneph13

Cardinal and White.  Two stripes on the legs.  Old School is the way to go.
There is no Political Correctness in war

JONAS

These all whites look good as well.