Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Movies with Razorback stuff

Started by Hogeration, October 31, 2013, 12:33:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogeration

Just a lighter thread.

Worked off then morning and at home watching nightmare on elm street marathon. (Never realized it was this bad when I was younger.). Anyway, the beginning of number 5 has a kid in the pool wearing an old school Hog Hat. Anybody know if there are any ties to people in the movie to AR.

What other little hidden Razorback things have you noticed in movies or TV?

CDBHawg

The Identity Theft of Mitch Mustain.

robs4516

The three that come to mind immediately for me:

Herb Tarlek's (sp?) Razorback mug on "WKRP in Cincinatti",
One of the workers in "The Abyss" wore a Razorback cap,
Several references (calendar, rear window decal, state trooper cars) in "White Lightning" (1973 movie)
First of all, I didn't start it...
Second of all, they were all still alive when I walked out

cmhogn

Frank Bonner "Herb" on WKRP had a Razorback mug on his desk. He is from Arkansas. Also Dan Patrick has a Arkansas Lou Holtz doll on his desk more or less just making fun of Lou.

LZH

"Thelma and Louise".  In one scene the guy was watching a Hog game.

cmhogn

Nolan Richardson appeared as himself in He got Game & maybe Blue Chips.

LZH

Also, that movie with Tommy Lee Jones and the Texas cheerleaders (my daughter and I have seen that a hundred times).....the game they played at Memorial Stadium was against the Hogs.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: LedZepHog on October 31, 2013, 12:45:53 pm
"Thelma and Louise".  In one scene the guy was watching a Hog game.

It's actually the Ken Hatfield Show after the 1989 Arkansas-Houston game in LR. You can hear Hatfield describing the plays while the FBI guys try to trace Louise's phone call.

Background "crowd noise" in the movie "Roller Ball" with James Caan was recorded during Razorback basketball games in Barnhill Arena.

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Fayettechill14

Quote from: LedZepHog on October 31, 2013, 12:52:26 pm
Also, that movie with Tommy Lee Jones and the Texas cheerleaders (my daughter and I have seen that a hundred times).....the game they played at Memorial Stadium was against the Hogs.

Man of the House. Terrible movie, but that's a funny scene when TLJ tackles Big Red.

BigSexyHog

The Blind Side shows Hootie doesn't it?
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: BigSexyHog on October 31, 2013, 04:10:36 pm
The Blind Side shows Hootie doesn't it?

SEC coaches who recruited Oher in the movie (when being filmed)  & the coaches of those schools when movie was released:

School       Movie Coach       Coach at time of release
LSU                    Saban                    Miles
Auburn               Tubbs                     Chizik
Arkansas             Nutt                       CBP
Ole Miss              Orgeron                  Nutt
USCe                  Holtz                      Spurrier

PigDaddyKane

In Back to School with Rodney Dangerfield in the bar fight scene there is a Razorback Penant on the wall
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

PigDaddyKane

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 31, 2013, 04:29:55 pm
SEC coaches who recruited Oher in the movie (when being filmed)  & the coaches of those schools when movie was released:

School       Movie Coach       Coach at time of release
LSU                    Saban                    Miles
Auburn               Tubbs                     Chizik
Arkansas             Nutt                       CBP
Ole Miss              Orgeron                  Nutt
USCe                  Holtz                      Spurrier

I always get a kick out of that. In the small number of years between his recruitment and the movie being made all the coaches were different.
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

(notOM)Rebel123

Not really a surprise...But Bill Clinton SNL skit shorly after his election (1st term) when he jogged into McDonald with Secret Service Agents. It was hilarious.

[attachment deleted by admin]

(notOM)Rebel123

Frank Broyles playing the doctor who made the announcement after Lincoln had been shot, "The President is dead." in The Blue in the Gray. Much of which was filmed on the UofA campus and around NWA in fall of 1982.

SPAL

Nolan also played himself in a marlon wayons movie cdlled "6th man" sometime in the mid 90's.

SPAL

Friday night lights had a scene where OC Mac McGill is discussing his upbringing with coach Taylor and says his dad had two passions..he loved to bass fish and he loved razorback football.

SPAL

"The Abyss" shows a razorback license plate

inhognation

new fed ex or ups commercial where a woman wears the old school  plastic hog hat

aar0n

Quote from: inhognation on October 31, 2013, 05:08:51 pm
new fed ex or ups commercial where a woman wears the old school  plastic hog hat

It's UPS.  There are several of these commercials featuring different razorback apparel and items because they are a sponsor of ours somehow. 

WizardofhOgZ

There were a couple of terrible movies supposedly taking place in Arkansas.  One was called "The Legend of Boggy Creek" and it was made in 1972.  Haven't watched it so don't know if it had any Razorback references (here is the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9V44D9xZ70 ),

In 1987, a sequel - Return to Boggy Creek - was made.  I have seen some of this one and there are scenes in DWRRS.  One of the principals is at a game there when some "bad things" go down and the police (I believe) have to go get him while the game is in progress and bring him to the scene of the action.

Here is the full movie: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVwnRrMfq2A

FayettevilleHog

There was a made for TV movie on Disney that showed the clip of U.S. Reed's half court shot.

56Hog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 31, 2013, 04:51:31 pm
Frank Broyles playing the doctor who made the announcement after Lincoln had been shot, "The President is dead." in The Blue in the Gray. Much of which was filmed on the UofA campus and around NWA in fall of 1982.

They covered up all the streets & sidewalks with dirt but could pretty much film inside Ole Main untouched.

I'll never forget Frank, as a yankee doctor of all things, spitting out his one line:  "The wound is mortal!"

He later reprised that line in 1983, and 1990, and 1992, and 1997.
"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

lumphog

There is a movie about the closing of a train yard in Arkansas staring Levon Helm, Wilford Brimley, Kevin Bacon, & Holly Hunter called "End of the Line" pretty good movie....Levon was a he!!uva actor.....If you get a chance to see it, I highly recommend it. Levon was a HUGE Hog fan & one of the nicest down home Arkansans I've ever met.....I could tell you stories, but I won't.........YOU CAN WATCH IT ON Youtube!!!

GolfnHog

Razorbacks are shown on the current Academy commercials.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

SPAL

The food truck race on food network came to Fayetteville and featured Dickson and RRS

Hoggy1

The 6th man.

Mid 90's Wayans movie, two brothers played for Washington basketball team and one died, but his ghost played the rest of the season.  Someone from UW ran down the side of the court in the "Final 4" slapping the heads of Razorback players
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Pretty much any Big Brother episode.

Opening scene of Gone with the Wind is supposedly of the old mill in North Little Rock. Not Razorback necessarily tho....

HogFanDan

Quote from: PigDaddyKane on October 31, 2013, 04:33:01 pm
In Back to School with Rodney Dangerfield in the bar fight scene there is a Razorback Penant on the wall

That was the first thing I thought of.

Boston RedHogs

Quote from: PigDaddyKane on October 31, 2013, 04:33:01 pm

Damn you man!  You beat me to it.  I thought for sure this one was too obscure for many to remember.

Good call though!

Boston RedHogs

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 31, 2013, 04:39:09 pm
Not really a surprise...But Bill Clinton SNL skit shorly after his election (1st term) when he jogged into McDonald with Secret Service Agents. It was hilarious.

It was funny as hell!  He just kept eating off everyone's trey...

The Divine Swine

Didn't one of the characters in that ridiculously idiotic movie "How High" wear a plastic hog hat at some point in that movie?
Romans 10:9-10

"That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

DLUXHOG

You men realize that Hollyweird has done their damnedest to portray Arkansas folk as retarded, backwards, redneck hillbillies for many decades....right?   Given this, I wouldn't be falling down and worshiping at their altar :-\
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

PORKULATOR

Every episode of WKRP in Cincinati.
Frank Bonners coffee mug.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

jjdlc

Not really part of a movie, but back in 95 or 96 when they were filming Tuskegee Airmen out at Fort Chaffee in Fort Smith, I was working at a store in Central Mall.  Malcom Jamal Warner and Lawrence Fishburne came in wearing Razorback basketball hats.  Of course that was right after the NC. 

At any rate, there has been a lot of movies over the years filmed in and around Fort Smith, and Downtown Van Buren.  I wouldn't be surprised to find a few hidden Razorback gems, I need to start paying more attention.

LZH

Quote from: jjdlc on October 31, 2013, 10:01:11 pmNot really part of a movie, but back in 95 or 96 when they were filming Tuskegee Airmen out at Fort Chaffee in Fort Smith, I was working at a store in Central Mall.  Malcom Jamal Warner and Lawrence Fishburne came in wearing Razorback basketball hats.  Of course that was right after the NC. 

Good story.

old hog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 31, 2013, 05:08:35 pm
"The Abyss" shows a razorback license plate
Also one of the actors had on a "old" Razorback hat, and wore it thru the movie.

RazorTuben

Did Herb's mug in WKRP look like this. An older guy give these to me for helping him move, got three of them.

woopigsooie1222

A film titled "War Eagle, Arkansas" was released in 2007. I went to see it myself, and it wasn't too good, but regardless, I liked how it was a film with "Arkansas" in the title
The South Will Rise Again!

sickboy

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on October 31, 2013, 07:20:39 pm
There were a couple of terrible movies supposedly taking place in Arkansas.  One was called "The Legend of Boggy Creek" and it was made in 1972.  Haven't watched it so don't know if it had any Razorback references (here is the trailer:

In 1987, a sequel - Return to Boggy Creek - was made.  I have seen some of this one and there are scenes in DWRRS.  One of the principals is at a game there when some "bad things" go down and the police (I believe) have to go get him while the game is in progress and bring him to the scene of the action.

Here is the full movie: 

Oh, god. The Legend of Boggy Creek is one of my favorite terrible movies of all time. And the second film somehow managed to actually shoot at an Razorback game in Fayetteville. You can see it in this link below at around 4:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55mNPYRGYMM

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 31, 2013, 04:51:31 pm

Nice. 

But more like, "Tha President, is day-ed."

aar0n

Recently released movie "Mud" starring Matthew McConaughey and Reese Witherspoon was shot in Lake Village, Dewitt, Eudora, and Stuttgart.  There are several references to Arkansas and random razorback apparel throughout the movie, as well as the entire crew and 90% of the extras as well as half the actors from Arkansas.  The movie itself has won tons of awards, if you haven't seen it I suggest you do.

Darren DeLoach

In One False Move, a great little film has an old codger wearing a Razorback shirt. Designing Women had a Razorback cap pop up now and again.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

Razorback_Mack

In "Shotgun Stories" a guy goes in depth bragging about Nolan's 40 minutes of hell. There's also razorback gear all throughout the movie. It's actually a great movie. Was filmed around England, Arkansas.

I would imagine "White Lightning" with ole Burt Reynolds has something in it considering it was filmed in central Arkansas. I think Gator's brother was killed in Faulkner Lake

"Come Early Morning" is a movie with Ashley Judd that was also filmed in Central Arkansas and might have something. Ashley played a drunk s*** that would screw guys and always leave before they woke up. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good.

Tusks

I walked out of a final at (crap I can't remember the name of the building). It's right there at the foot of ole main on the NW side I think.  Had three or four classes in that building.

Anyway there was Peck and all the crew filming a scene for 'blue/grey'.  They were all over campus that fall.

They shot 3 or 4 movies while I was on the hill for 8 wonderful years, but I don't remember any having Razorback stuff in them.

I thought 'slick willy' did the best of wearing razorback stuff in the media.

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

redswarmrising

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on October 31, 2013, 07:20:39 pm

Here is the full movie: 

i have The Legend of Boggy Creek on dvd!

sad,i know.....

Fayettechill14

The recent Matthew McConaughey movie Mud was directed by a Little Rock native and was filmed/set in and around Eudora, Arkansas on the banks of the Mississippi. Parts of it were also filmed in Dumas, Dewitt, and Lake Village. No Razorback references but a good Arkansas story.

ncrebel

Burt Reynolds' Evening Shade TV show on CBS would have some Razorback stuff.
Well, y'all need me, I'll be putting pictures of my arse on the internet.

jb11

Matt Damon wore a Razorback cap in Ocean 11.

Boston RedHogs

I believe Sling Blade with Billy Bob Thornton was filmed in central AR.

That's the movie that really put him on the map in terms of leading roles.