Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas vs Southern Illinois OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

Started by Jim Red23, November 23, 2006, 10:40:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bdutt

how in the world do we not score a FG in the last 7 mins. of the game and end up WINNING?!
"Those who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who usually do."

hogpainter

Josef

ALL YOU WHO SAID WE SUCK OR GAME OVER - I HOPE YOU FEEL LIKE AZZES NOW. Im proud of our guys!!! New players pulling out close wins!! OUR D DIDNT GIVE UP 1 POINT IN OT!!!! GO HOGS!

Hogfanstud

bigyellowdog

UhOhioHog

Golfer

Where are all of those that were saying we were going to get beat and that Coach Heath can't coach?  ;D

Razorbacks#1

Good hard fought win. Go Hogs! What a beginning for the weekend.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

dana caldwell

Quote from: BeoPig on November 23, 2006, 01:15:11 pm
Hogpainter and Dana get no arguements from me for 1 MONTH!!!

gonna hold u to that.

fire nutt!

just kidding. sort of! :)

Josef

Where are the guys who said we suck or said "GAMEOVER" when we got down by 5 with 2 minutes left?

dana caldwell

Quote from: Golfer on November 23, 2006, 01:27:07 pm
Where are all of those that were saying we were going to get beat and that Coach Heath can't coach?  ;D

i don't think he's an arkansas-caliber coach and i'm still here. good win, t,ho, with actual adjustments and good defense and such.

not what it should be in Year 5 but i will hold hope this season will be a breakthrough one.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: Hogfanstud on November 23, 2006, 01:27:00 pm
Beverly's dunk gotta be play of the game.

I agree. What a thunderous dunk. That one will be on the highlight reels.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

WhenPigsFly

Big win, Hogs!!!!    SIU was 28th in the AP.   Nice, nice, nice!!!

Golfer

Quote from: dana caldwell on November 23, 2006, 01:28:38 pm

i don't think he's an arkansas-caliber coach and i'm still here. good win, t,ho, with actual adjustments and good defense and such.

not what it should be in Year 5 but i will hold hope this season will be a breakthrough one.

I agree it was not pretty, but I think it is too early in the season to make any definitive judgement about what kind of season we will have.  Go HOGS ... Beat LSU tomorrow.

The_Bionic_Pig

It is good for Arkansas as a team to play a MAN ON MAN - IN YOUR  FACE - 40 MINUTES OF PRESSURE team this early in the season.  Now I can take a 30 minute nap and get ready for work .....You guys have a blessed ThanksGiving...and I don't care how gay it sounds but "I love spending with Thanksgiving my Hog family"  .... (Its all the family I got left)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

dana caldwell

yes, decent HEART win against a fairly strong opponent. i love beverly (that just sounds odd) and i see some actual improvement in some areas -- DEFENSE, rebounding.

i would not, tho, use this as a sounding board point to say that all is great with arkansas bkb right now.

hopefully they can build off this, tho, and play into a danger.

dana caldwell

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 23, 2006, 01:32:34 pm

It is good for Arkansas as a team to play a MAN ON MAN - IN YOUR  FACE - 40 MINUTES OF PRESSURE team this early in the season.  Now I can take a 30 minute nap and get ready for work .....You guys have a blessed ThanksGiving...and I don't care how gay it sounds but "I love spending Thanksgiving my Hog family"  .... (Its all the family I got left)

back at ya, stewie.

the absolute best to u and yours!

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: dana caldwell on November 23, 2006, 01:32:39 pm
yes, decent HEART win against a fairly strong opponent. i love beverly (that just sounds odd) and i see some actual improvement in some areas -- DEFENSE, rebounding.

i would not, tho, use this as a sounding board point to say that all is great with arkansas bkb right now.

hopefully they can build off this, tho, and play into a danger.

Absolutely. Its also nice to know that the hogs are one of only five teams in the SEC still undefeated. Go Hogs!

THUNDER!

bigred7987

This is definitely one that will help tourney resume even if it was ugly

BPPig

I can see nothing ugly about the defense and grit that our team showed. We have some rough edges but this team has a chance to be much better than anyone outside AR was expecting. It took the talking heads almost all half to notice that two teams were playing some serious D. No way last years team would have won that game imo. This is really going to be a great year to be a student up on the hill if they are sports fans. Those facilities appear to be paying off across the sports board.

Hollywood_HOGan

One of the best defensive games Ive seen Arkansas play since Stan got here.

Pignominious

Glad we won.  I watched the first half and then I had my traditional tgiving day football game with the fam.  Great win for the boys and Heath.  They never gave it up.  Great win.  Definitly a top 5 win of the Stan Heath era.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

Pork Twain

Quote from: dana caldwell on November 23, 2006, 01:27:26 pm
Quote from: BeoPig on November 23, 2006, 01:15:11 pm
Hogpainter and Dana get no arguements from me for 1 MONTH!!!

gonna hold u to that.

fire nutt!

just kidding. sort of! :)
I'm a man of my word.

Fire HDN and have SH share the U-Haul with him. 

I don't think it should take 4 years to make it back the NCAA to lose in the first round but I am trying to hold out hope for this year.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

ONAIR1

HMMMM! Was there a strong breeze that made that guy miss that first FT?

JAMAHog

Hard fought win, early in the season.  Beverly is exciting to watch.  This team shows flashes of greatness early, but has some work to do as well.  Hopefully Coach Heath can get them where they need to be by March.  GHG!  

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Landonhog

That was awesome!   :razorback: :razorback:

I just got to watch the hogs pull off a great win in OT, with my two 90+ year old grandmothers who are both U of A grads and rabid hog fans! Three generations of hogs, all putting off lunch to see the great finish!  Outstanding Thanksgiving so far!  Experiences like these define the meaning of Thanksgiving! 

GO HOGS!   Now go beat those Tigers! :razorback:

bigyellowdog

I enjoyed watching Beverly.  He is going to be a great player to watch.

dbaileyway7

It's good to see the Hogs won because of free-throw shooting.  Southern Illinois had the game and lost it because of free-throw shooting.
   Show me a team that makes excuses for bad free-throw shooting and I'll show you a loser!  

Razorbacks#1

Fortunately for us, two of their main go to guys fouled out and were a non factor in the OT. GO Hogs!

THUNDER!

Pork Twain

Quote from: dbaileyway7 on November 23, 2006, 02:54:23 pm
  It's good to see the Hogs won because of free-throw shooting.  Southern Illinois had the game and lost it because of free-throw shooting.
   Show me a team that makes excuses for bad free-throw shooting and I'll show you a loser!  
Wow I think that was us the last four years.

dbaileyway7

Quote from: BeoPig on November 23, 2006, 02:58:04 pm
Quote from: dbaileyway7 on November 23, 2006, 02:54:23 pm
Wow I think that was us the last four years.
That is VERY TRUE!

razorbackfan4life

Second half was an improvement, but this team still has lots of problems.  The two main problems I see is our lack of ability to handle pressure.  The second one is decision making and rebounds.  We took some dumb shots today, but hopefully Stan can get it straightened out.  He still hasn't taught them how to break down pressure it truely was embarrassing to watch them in the first half. 

dbaileyway7

Quote from: razorbackfan4life on November 23, 2006, 03:27:27 pm
Second half was an improvement, but this team still has lots of problems.  The two main problems I see is our lack of ability to handle pressure.  The second one is decision making and rebounds.  We took some dumb shots today, but hopefully Stan can get it straightened out.  He still hasn't taught them how to break down pressure it truely was embarrassing to watch them in the first half. 
I didn't get to see the game but I think I heard they had 1 of the best pressure defenses in the nation.

razorbackfan4life

Quote from: dbaileyway7 on November 23, 2006, 04:24:12 pm
Quote from: razorbackfan4life on November 23, 2006, 03:27:27 pm
I didn't get to see the game but I think I heard they had 1 of the best pressure defenses in the nation.

They played good d, but when you pick your dribble up just after half court its pure stupidity.

Killean

Handling pressure will improve as the year goes on though.  Great way to shut those guys up  ;D
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

weevilhogg

handling pressure is a two way street.  If we pressure a team and it works, does it work because we're good at pressure D or is it good because the other team "can't handle it" or the coach "hasn't taught it?"

The Hogs made the needed adjustments and beat a good team today.  This team has the potential to be similar to the football hogs ---- grow as the year progresses and see what happens.
Oh my!

Buck Ocean

First of all...let me say the Hogs did a great job and I wrote them off with 1:20 left and I'll be the first to tell you and them that I'm sorry and I'll never doubt them again.  SIU was a better ranked school than us out of the Top 50 per FoxSPorts and I consider this to be a great win for the team this year.

THanksgiving Basketball is what I"m thankful for this year.  I've got my parents and thats it.  My dad loves sports, but my mom only likes the Hogs..but she couldnt name one player.  We had her brothers family come up from the Ft and they are huge fans as well.  We were all able to eat and enjoy perhaps the most exciting tournament game since Nolan's squads.  And when it went to overtime my whole family was screaming and clapping and callin the HOgs.....ON THANKSGIVING!!! IT WAS GREAT!!!!!

I know we may never play a Razorback football or basketball game on a Thanksgiving ever again. So I just want to say that them not just winning, but playing today made me and my family proud of them.
Think like a Jedi

Jim Red23

I had to go eat Thanksgiving dinner so I couldn't keep yall updated.

pez35

That was horrible, I don't even know where to start with our crappy areas in this game.  You guys really toughened up your D in the second half.  This game was over when it went into OT.  Tatum obviously walked so it really shouldn't have made it that far.  Anyways that was a heartstopper, didn't speak for like 15 mins after it was over.  Good luck with the rest of the tourney and your year.  I'll be pulling for you unless of course we meet up again in march.   ;)