Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bucknell Thread

Started by HogHeathen, March 13, 2006, 08:47:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tophawg19

glad to see some common sense on here . we can't take anyone for granted . you play one bad game and you come home . we lack consistancy still so we will have to play hard each game to stay alive . no coasting during this tourny .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

3kgthog

Doug Gottlieb just did it again. He predicted on Sportscenter that we would lose because, get this, if you substract AR from Arkansas you get Kansas. Since Bucknell beat Kansas I guess he assumes it's a sign. Yeah, great call there Dorklieb.

If our guys don't have enough motivation by now, we should probably check their pulses. Everyone is picking them to lose so I hope our team has more grit than they showed for the first half of the season.

sowmonella

I noticed their big man star, 6'11" averages 1/2 blocks and 4.6 rebounds per game. Not very impressive. ???
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

hogfan13

Did a little Trash Talking and the Admin comes out with this AND I QUOTE

QuoteWelcome to the Bucknell board. You're invited to register and take part in respectful discussions, or to just read what others have to say.

However, if you're looking to troll or talk trash, you're going to have to find another venue. We don't tolerate either on here and any new poster who does either of these things will be banned without warning.

So no more posting for me.I did my business  :D :) :razorback:

hogfan13

They need to look at our board and look at us trash talk

hogfan13

Doug

--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

TuckFexas

Bucknell has a message board with actual fans? Learn something new everyday.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: TuckFexas on March 14, 2006, 07:09:11 pm

Why have a message board? Wouldn't it be easier for the two Bucknell fans just to email each other? LOL

TuckFexas

Quote from: CallMeHog on March 14, 2006, 07:16:01 pm

Why have a message board? Wouldn't it be easier for the two Bucknell fans just to email each other? LOL

I think it would be easier for the THREE of them to just IM each other. Let's support them and get their hits up to 18 at least.
Famous quote.

clemensrules01

Quote from: TuckFexas on March 14, 2006, 07:18:04 pm
Quote from: CallMeHog on March 14, 2006, 07:16:01 pm

I think it would be easier for the THREE of them to just IM each other. Let's support them and get their hits up to 18 at least.
im pretty sure there are more arkansas fans on their board than bucknell fans.

HogCards88

That message board has the crappiest structure I've ever seen. You think the geniuses at Bucknell could think of something better!

Squeal

I hope to God you guy's aren't bringing Bad Karma down upon yourselves.

This place could be really ugly come Friday afternoon if this game doesn't go our way.........

Big Papa Satan

What am I looking at, Pignation or four people talking on Bucknell's board?

Calling All Hogs

I may still hold the record. I got banned from Gatorbaitsucking.comeon my first and only post back during the Damian Williams recruiting battle by posting a joke picture of Urban playing a banjo deliverance style.  I have never regretted it!

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: CallMeHog on March 14, 2006, 07:40:34 pm
I may still hold the record. I got banned from Gatorbaitsucking.comeon my first and only post back during the Damian Williams recruiting battle by posting a joke picture of Urban playing a banjo deliverance style.  I have never regretted it!

Some mods and admins of this board, have been banned for simply registering on competing sites.  (Not naming any names)

The other guys are sore losers...... lol

RazorWire

Quote from: CallMeHog on March 14, 2006, 07:40:34 pm

SC had a contest of hottest chicks from either state. I owned them and showed myself to the door LOL

wincrimson

Uh oh

I better not do that, considering that one of my good friends will be playing football for them next season. :D

wincrimson

Quote from: Bogarto on March 14, 2006, 08:48:54 pm
Where is Bucknell anyway? Its hard for me to respect a school I've never even heard of.

Lewisburg, PA

wincrimson

I dunno if this is the one he went to, but here's a Bucknell message board:

http://www.voy.com/83419/

tkhog

I hope that's not the one, because I couldn't even decipher enough of it to make a post.

TuckFexas

Famous quote.

jrw11475

Quote from: Squeal on March 14, 2006, 07:20:04 pm

This place could be really ugly come Friday afternoon if this game doesn't go our way.........

Would it be the equivalent of losing to the Citadel in Football?

tkhog

Squeal

Quote from: jrw11475 on March 14, 2006, 09:10:54 pm
Quote from: Squeal on March 14, 2006, 07:20:04 pm

Would it be the equivalent of losing to the Citadel in Football?

Something like that....

npyoung35

if you guys haven't figured it out yet, the message board currently being used my bucknell fans is

http://boards.basketball-u.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=bucknell

enjoy, and go bison!

cmakrzrbak

Quote from: HogInaStrangeLand on March 13, 2006, 01:59:49 pm
I hope no one is too confident, because yes, Kansas probably thought something similar to what we think about Bucknell.

I, however, think the majority of the country is WAY off on their prediction.
Bucknell played some great teams early and played them well, winning some and losing some, but they haven't played great teams since the first of January.  The hogs, however, have played great teams lately and have had some success.

I like our chances, this to me ON THE SURFACE looks more like a 6 seed versus an 11 seed.

Again, 11 seeds winning first rounds is not that uncommon and can be done....Ask the 12 seeded hogs from Nolan's later years.

This is incredible.  I've been saying the same thing since the selection.  It IS an 11 v 6.  We are in Dallas, home crowd, with the potential to play the most suspect 1 seed in the 2nd round.  NCAA loves the potential matchup with Memphis, and loves the completely different style matchup in the 1st round.  Its great for them either way.  Mark it down - Hogs by at least 8 in the 1st, Hogs by 7 in the 2nd.  From then on, I haven't a clue.
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

hogfan13

They deleted my posts from there

Squeal

Quote from: npyoung35 on March 14, 2006, 09:20:01 pm
if you guys haven't figured it out yet, the message board currently being used my bucknell fans is

http://boards.basketball-u.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=bucknell

enjoy, and go bison!

My Bucknell fans???

You have your own fans????

You must be somebody.........

Calling All Hogs

Here is a quote from their message board which demonstrates the high level of wit:

Of course, I always get confused when someone mentions "Arkansas Hawgs". My response is always "Are y'all talking about U of A sports teams (the Razorbacks), or are you talking about your average Arkansas female?" Because I've seen more than a few and I have to say the description is apt!

There's my cheap shot for today.

Congratulations Bucknell message posters. You win the "Gomer"

devildog

The pot can't call the kettle black when they're from Pencil-tucky USA

I say Hogs play 13 deep and run hard to the basket every offensive possession.

These guys should fold like a paper umbrella and sit back and gawk at Ronnie's dunks.

Ahenso

How much of a factor do you think us having a favorable crowd will help us this weekend? If we can cause some turnovers and get easy layups and dunks and keep the crowd on its feet, it could really help us.

fusbal11

Great defensive numbers, but against who?
Arkansas wins!
WPS!
Wooo Pig

HOGLUVIN

Quote from: potbelly69 on March 14, 2006, 01:19:07 pm
I don't know but I seen where they were ranked like 4th in the country in scoring defense.

Its not that they stop anyone on d, just that they are really good at keep away on offense. Drastically cut down the # of possessions.

They can do that in the Patriot League becasue they dont have an All American defender out there harrassing gaurds and making em darn or get off the pot.

Bogghawg

So,we keep hearing all about the Bison beating Kansaslast year...my question is, how did they do and against whom,in the 2nd round last year?
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

qakhed

CBS knows (whether they admit it publicly or not) that it will be an Arkansas vs. Memphis game on Sunday, that is why the favorable time slot is allocated to that match up. The Arkansas/Memphis bad blood slugfest has been toted all over the media. That's what they are praying for
"If it comes from qak, it's a fact!" -supacrawf

lyon98

March 15, 2006, 12:44:50 pm #138 Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 12:47:33 pm by lyon98
Speaking of women, my only experience with Penn women was once, while drinking excessively, in Philadelphia and talking to one in a bar. It was obvious that she found me desirable. I knew she was large, but only realized how large when she said she had to get bicycle inner tubes for garters. I sobered up and left w/o her.
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: lyon98 on March 15, 2006, 12:44:50 pm
while drinking excessively in Philidelphia

Sounds like a story from South Street. 8)

BigSnout

Someone posted "Buttsmell", which I thought was pretty funny. What can you come up with?

Tater Salad

Bucknell itself is funny to me

WILL CLINTON

There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

cmakrzrbak

Sucknell has been floating around.  How bout The F*cktail Bison.
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

HOGLUVIN

Brokenell is pretty good too.

Broke back ref.

qakhed

to change the subject, I have to say I like your avatar Hogluvin :o
"If it comes from qak, it's a fact!" -supacrawf

HOGLUVIN

Thanks, I jacked it from a guy earlier in the tavern. nice guy always puts hogville on really hot girls.

HOGLUVIN

Its in the Tavern under "little something for my homies" there is 2 of them in there.

Adam Stokes

How about Bison Burgers?

blueshog2001

March 15, 2006, 04:13:10 pm #149 Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 04:27:57 pm by blueshog2001
 :) I love the avitar hogluv