Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charles Thomas arrested for 3rd degree domestic battery

Started by Crappykat, April 21, 2007, 05:02:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Crappykat

OzarkHighs

Bigfoot

this is sad if true! i really liked he's attitude before this! very sad!

bsking

§ 5-13-203. Battery in the third degree.

(a) A person commits battery in the third degree if:

(1) With the purpose of causing physical injury to another person, he causes physical injury to any person; or

(2) He recklessly causes physical injury to another person; or

(3) He negligently causes physical injury to another person by means of a deadly weapon; or

(4) He purposely causes stupor, unconsciousness, or physical or mental impairment or injury to another person by administering to him, without his consent, any drug or other substance.

(b) Battery in the third degree is a Class A misdemeanor.

TX HOG

Class A misemeanor is that just a ticket and fine?  Aren't speeding tickets Class A misdemeanors?

ilovepinebluff

Quote from: TX HOG on April 21, 2007, 05:08:02 pm
Class A misemeanor is that just a ticket and fine?  Aren't speeding tickets Class A misdemeanors?

I thought you went to jail for Class A?

hawgsav1

jesus, hopefully he doesn't get charged for it.  Hopefully someone else started it.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

hawgsav1

Quote from: TX HOG on April 21, 2007, 05:08:02 pm

No, speedng tickets are just a fine.  You can't go to jail for speeding.  For a misdemeanor you can get up to maximum 1 year jail time
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

arklahoman36

Quote from: Crappykat on April 21, 2007, 05:02:18 pm
http://www.co.washington.ar.us/Sheriff/Summary/Detainee.asp?bn=4059607

does not mean he is guilty, but still sad to see.

anyone know what 3rd degree means?

Class A misdemeanor, up to a year in jail, unless the woman was pregnant, and he knew or should have known, then it can be filed as a felony.

Least serious class of domestic battery he can face (unless of course the circumstances meet the felony standard).

Also means no serious physical injury.

moses_007

I wonder if he got in a fight or if it was a domestic disturbance.  This isn't good news for Pelphrey.

mword

I bet it makes him feel like a big man beating on a woman.

LyonHog

Didn't Altman comment on the players?  What did he say or was it a rumor?

Fatty McGee

I'm not defending him, but all she had to say was he pushed her once and he'd get arrested.  He could have pushed her in the context of trying to get out of the building, or simply to keep her off of him.  Or he might have just been a jackass and popped her one.  But it's too early to condemn him to wife beater status just yet.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

fred ziffel

Let's not be so quick to judge. He may very well be not guilty of this charge. You do not know the circumstances. He will have his day in court to have a judge decide the merits of the case brought against him. If he is guilty, you can throw rocks then if you feel like it.

Fred

Quote from: schweine on April 21, 2007, 05:43:31 pm
"Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs."

Shizzle

I know a guy who was charged with this exact crime, and when it was all said and done he hadn't done a thing wrong. I'm not saying that is the case here, but it is a possibility. I'm holding judgement until he is convicted.
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

NuttinItUp

I hope it isn't true. If so, it is sad to see this, and Charles should have known better.

kenton

I got charged with 3DB once for throwing a plastic spiral-bound lab manual at my ex-girlfriend (imagine 30 pages of copy paper bound with a weak plastic spine, weight of less than 2lbs)

Needless to say, I was acquitted at trial
Hogville is full of winners and smiters.

I'm Kenton Rogers from somewhere in Texas and I APPROVE THIS POST

WMS > RRS
RRS < WMS
WMS = KING

Hogville: IF YOU CAN'T SHOW ME SOMETHING NEW THEN I'M GOING TO DEMEAN YOU BY CALLING THE REPOST POLICE.  Most commonly used phrase on Hogville: Read more.  Post less.  (darn, take your own advice!)

dmac_iz_kin

fwiw my dwi bail was 750, so at 1000 i guess his alleged crime was worse than my dwi
"it was a called play, and I called it. I called alot of good plays today didn't I chuck?!"

dmac_iz_kin

"it was a called play, and I called it. I called alot of good plays today didn't I chuck?!"

pigfeet

Quote from: kenton on April 21, 2007, 06:26:20 pm
I got charged with 3DB once for throwing a plastic spiral-bound lab manual at my ex-girlfriend (imagine 30 pages of copy paper bound with a weak plastic spine, weight of less than 2lbs)

Needless to say, I was acquitted at trial

The police always take the womans word for it, they almost have to.

PiggyBack

Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

RD

chortle

I scheduled an appointment for you to visit with CT.

TheNuttlessFrontier

He should be sent straight to the bottom of the depth chart and made to earn his starting spot again.  ;D

razorhead69

4thdownnutt

you can take the ______ out of missusloppy but you ( you know the drill)

BigArkyintheRock

And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

NuttinItUp

TOM "tbw1"

usually that is the charge if it is a first offense
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

slopinhogs

in his position he shold not have placed himself in a situsation to make unfavorable headlines . good lord isn't he trying to makemit to the NBA> last i jeard they had enough bad guys in there right now. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

TomasPistola

I'm waiting for the facts. But it doesn't look good.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

razorvision

Wow!  This is really unfortunate for Charles and the basketball team.  Let's hope he can learn from this and get back out on the court.  I am sure Coach Pelphrey will voice his displeasure with the incident and help Charles get back on his feet.
Visit www.rsgcommunications.ws and save big on digital services for your home or office.

DeltaBoy

I 'll wait to the judge decides before I get out the rope!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

NuttinItUp

April 21, 2007, 09:14:51 pm #36 Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 09:25:57 pm by NuttinItUp
Go CT.

Lady Hawg Buff

April 21, 2007, 09:19:23 pm #37 Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 09:23:44 pm by Lady Hawg Buff
I posted, before I realized, my info had already been posted in regards to the subject under Arkansas law.  Sorry...

Hugehogsfan

Quote from: bsking on April 21, 2007, 05:06:39 pm
§ 5-13-203. Battery in the third degree.

(a) A person commits battery in the third degree if:

(1) With the purpose of causing physical injury to another person, he causes physical injury to any person; or

(2) He recklessly causes physical injury to another person; or

(3) He negligently causes physical injury to another person by means of a deadly weapon; or

(4) He purposely causes stupor, unconsciousness, or physical or mental impairment or injury to another person by administering to him, without his consent, any drug or other substance.

(b) Battery in the third degree is a Class A misdemeanor.

Usually 3rd degree is a red mark or scratch or something along those lines.  It has to be a pretty serious injury to rise to the level of 2nd. 

The Boar War

Where does it say it was battery on a woman?

NuttinItUp

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 21, 2007, 09:12:33 pm
I 'll wait to the judge decides before I get out the rope!
"get out the rope" might be seen as racist, but I won't pass judgement either until official judgement is rendered.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Man talk about blowing things out of proportion.  I sent my ***** to get me a case of Bud Light.  Well she brought back Busch light and didn't even give me any change.  Well,  after I ***** ******* her did she call the cops?  No! she went back and got my Bud Light.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

dmac_iz_kin

Quote from: The Boar War on April 21, 2007, 09:23:37 pm

Where does it say it was battery on a woman?
\
domestic battery usually means battery on a woman unless he was roomating with a guy. Maybe he was

hoggydog

this is the kinda $hit Altman was scared of. we will see what John does.

PIGINAPOKE

Sit him for 15 games. No shuck.............No jive.
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

mbgrulz

what does this do to his status as a razorback athlete? charles is a beloved razorback, but if this is true, and he did hit a woman, i don't see how he could continue to be a part of the team. imo, this is much worse than a DWI or regular college kid crap.

i'd like to know the whole story. not really any excuse would work with me, but women do have ways of getting back at men by simple accusations with things such as battery and sexual assault. men get arrested and convicted in the court of public opinion before charges are ever brought against him.

Silver Hog

vol_in_ar

who did he beat up on..

more bad press for Arkansas

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: captain_razorback on April 21, 2007, 10:20:23 pm
Sometimes you just want to choke a b*tch

whether in jest or not, you should modify that garbage, please.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

Immensehog

I knew a guy who was charged with battery for poking someone in the chest during an argument.

It's all relative.
Life is short.  Act accordingly.