Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This Just In

Started by The Broadcaster, February 24, 2007, 02:19:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

towneofbeverlyhills

rite...but like evry other time someone says that....its a rumor unless the name is said...am I wrong?

missippihog

Gotta go fellas. Tornado Warning here.

pigsooiec5

Quote from: bphi11ips on February 24, 2007, 02:53:15 pm
Quote from: missippihog on February 24, 2007, 02:41:51 pm
Quote from: bphi11ips on February 24, 2007, 02:39:10 pm
In all seriousness, in light of Houston Nutt's record in 2004 and 2005, if we fire Stan Heath we damn sure better replace him with an African-American coach.  Otherwise Stan will be able to establish a prima facie case of racial discrimination in employment.

I am so sick of this mentality. Take affirmative action and shove it. You hire the best person for the postion. Who gives a damn what color his skin is (besides Nolan)?

This is not a mentality.  It's a statement by an attorney with 15 years of experience defending Title VII claims.  We can fire him but he will have a colorable claim.  That is all.

Would you take that case on a contingency fee?

Fayetnam

Kinda sad! Heath is a great guy and will get fired. Though, he is out of his league coaching in the SEC. That's obvious. Houston Nutt did everything but "burn down an orphanage" and is still here. Something wrong with that.

RhodeHog

Quote from: towneofbeverlyhills on February 24, 2007, 03:22:54 pm
rite...but like evry other time someone says that....its a rumor unless the name is said...am I wrong?

Did you read the first page of this thread?  He said if MODS want to PM him he will tell them his source.  Obviously that happened.

johnny cash

What if he wins the Sec tourn is he still getting fired.  What if he has a moral victory like good old Dale gets all the time is he still fired.  I guarantee that some of you will see the planes coming from Louisville bringing in Pitino to the hill.  I would have to say that your reliable source is probaly good old Chuckie from the Pro Houston show Sportscrap.

blue

I am anxious to see who does it. I want to know for sure where the power currently resides.

Hong Kong Sooey

Frank is neutered, Stan is history, Nutt is safe for another year.  How's that for justice? 

BartIV

Quote from: missippihog on February 24, 2007, 03:24:41 pm
Gotta go fellas. Tornado Warning here.
Remember, Red sky in morning, sailor take warning. Red sky at night, sailor delight.
That means Stan will be fired the morning after SEC championship.

blue

beachhog

Nutt should have been fired...He has some buddies in the system for sure.  Heath does not show any promise of getting better, I mean it is one thing to lose but can anyone actually say that this team is leaving everything on the floor after the game?  If Heath had more upside as a coach he would be safe.  

The lesser of two evils, who stays and who goes.  Both should be fired.  Unfortunately money talks and the money makes the decision.

RhodeHog

Quote from: opineonswine on February 24, 2007, 03:29:00 pm
Quote from: blue on February 24, 2007, 03:25:37 pm
I am anxious to see who does it. I want to know for sure where the power currently resides.

the power is John White.  Maybe we'll have a new AD before the plug is pulled and he/she will do it.  If not, JW will do it maybe under JFB's name, maybe not.

Based on the number of "maybe's" in this post...maybe I don't have a clue.

I think White will do it to show everyone his balls have dropped.

BartIV

Quote from: blue on February 24, 2007, 03:25:37 pm

the power is John White.  Maybe we'll have a new AD before the plug is pulled and he/she will do it.  If not, JW will do it maybe under JFB's name, maybe not.

Based on the number of "maybe's" in this post...maybe I don't have a clue.
Frank Broyles is the lame duck, he will do all the firing and hiring.

phoggy

Because of the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Arkansas will no longer be referred to as HILLBILLIES. We ask that you now refer to us as OZARK-AMERICANS.Thank you!....Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry.

JustoHogFan

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on February 24, 2007, 03:27:43 pm
Frank is neutered, Stan is history, Nutt is safe for another year.  How's that for justice? 

Things are only going to get uglier with Stan's firing, even though I agree with it... I do not believe he will file a lawsuit because that is career suicide but hopefully some of the rumor floating around about Nutt over on "the other board" will begin to come true.... as for Heath he was a good guy but he just could not get it done I felt kinda sorry for him because after one year at Kent St. he was not ready for this type of job, his personality and demeanor are better suited for the major and mid-major conferences not power conferences like SEC

forrest city joe

Quote from: Fayetnam on February 24, 2007, 03:25:27 pm
Kinda sad! Heath is a great guy and will get fired. Though, he is out of his league coaching in the SEC. That's obvious. Houston Nutt did everything but "burn down an orphanage" and is still here. Something wrong with that.
I could not have said it better myself. Stan must go. i think almost all of us agree with that. but the football coach has gotten away with everything for years. 6 and 6, 5 and 6, and 4 and 7. that along with the mess we have going on now. it is pitiful.

weresoclose

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on February 24, 2007, 03:27:43 pm

I would say 2 out of 3 ain't bad ... but its just not as sweet when one of those 2 isn't Hootie.  Now have to be patient.  The Chancellor's approval was the kiss of death.  Done after next season.

Quote from: BartIV on February 24, 2007, 02:20:54 pm
How can they fire Stan Heath and Not houston nutt.
Who is your source?
Don't start that stupid crap. Do you watch the games?

Dwight_K_Shrute

he/she??? We better not hire no gd he/she as an AD.  Those he/she's freak me out.  Too confusing.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Quote from: BartIV on February 24, 2007, 02:28:05 pm
Fire Stan and Nutt at same time, then there is no controversy. If they fire Stan and Not Nutt, say what you want, it will be a nolan Richardson trial all over again, as it should.
You don't know what you are talking about. But if Heath did sue you are right it would be the Richardson trial all over again where the UofA WON.

thehogwallower

not only do they pay nolan for another year, they have to pay out stans contract now, plus franks till next century, do they  still have the money to go after big name players? only if theyd get rid of nutt in the process

Squealers

I have been a Stan supporter.  That is until the last 5 games.  I no longer can prop up Stan the Man, it is now officially time to allow him to head back towards Michigan and find a better fit.

Let me call White and JFB and give them the 411 

;)
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

BartIV

Quote from: Karma on February 24, 2007, 04:07:28 pm
Quote from: RhodeHog on February 24, 2007, 03:58:04 pm
Georgetown
Wrong. Previous coach was a white guy.
You asked what black coach was around for 20 years. Grambling and Georgetown. How is that wrong. John Thompson 27 years HC Georgetown.

Quote from: BartIV on February 24, 2007, 04:10:40 pm
Georgetown
You asked what black coach was around for 20 years. Grambling and Georgetown. How is that wrong. John Thompson 27 years HC Georgetown.
I said the last 22 years. But look you win. You wanted to hijack a "fire Heath" thread to discuss your hate of Nutt and I inadvertedly helped you.

Hogoman

Quote from: The Broadcaster on February 24, 2007, 02:19:34 pm
Just heard that Stan Heath WILL BE FIRED the day the team gets back from the SEC Tournament. This is coming from a reliable source who works close to the team. Please don't delete this post because it is not a rumor it is a fact that was told to a reporter for a NW Arkansas paper.

I dont know who called that time out.

RhodeHog

Quote from: Karma on February 24, 2007, 04:13:46 pm
Georgetown
I said the last 22 years. But look you win. You wanted to hijack a "fire Heath" thread to discuss your hate of Nutt and I inadvertedly helped you.

I thought you were a lawyer man.  Don't give up that easy!  :)

BartIV

Georgetown
Thank you. I did win.

BartIV

Quote from: RhodeHog on February 24, 2007, 04:15:04 pm
Georgetown

I thought you were a lawyer man.  Don't give up that easy!  :)
No, No, he gave up. I win, its final. I will be kind and give Karma +1 for trying.

woodhog14

Georgetown

FIRE NUTT!!!  ;D

BartIV

Kevin

if our football coach would have been dr. fitz hill and had two losing season would he still be here?  we all know the answer.  i don't think heath can get it done but you cannot let him go now.  you think hdn has been embrassing just let the national media get a hold of us getting rid of heath.

never in the history of the football program has a coach survived back to back losing seasons and we are going to fire heath after a mediocre year after making the ncaa last year.  welcome to the good ole white mans club. 
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

fu-man-soo

the heath decision has been made for weeks

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: BartIV on February 24, 2007, 02:26:00 pm
Two years before Houston Nutt had a 5-6 and 4-7 season and this year didn't win the Bowl game. Houston accomplished nothing this year, 10-4 thanks to Herring and Gus, thats if Gus was allowed to call the offense completely.

But they do have SEC West champion toe rings.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 24, 2007, 02:44:35 pm
Quote from: BartIV on February 24, 2007, 02:40:39 pm
Quote from: BearclawHogs44 on February 24, 2007, 02:37:35 pm
Quote from: WilsonHog on February 24, 2007, 02:33:45 pm
Fire Stan and Nutt at same time, then there is no controversy. If they fire Stan and Not Nutt, say what you want, it will be a nolan Richardson trial all over again, as it should.

No, it won't. There is a simple equation here.

Lawsuit = End of coaching career. 

Heath is not going to sue the university. There is no case.  He has no hardware and there is no specific example that he was racially discriminated.  Besides Heath can't even chew out a ref, how is this guy going to sue a major university?
Firing a black man who has had winning seasons every year.
Keeping a white man who has had losing seasons and has nothing but a 10-4 season to stand on.

Are you proposing that Stan Heath has had a winning season every year?

Hell, we've had a losing SEC record in 4 of Heath's 5 years. 

And not just losing, but a 4-12 and 3 6-10's counting this season's likely outcome.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Texasbite

Quote from: missippihog on February 24, 2007, 02:22:56 pm
Who is your source?

Lets see, 10 win FB season VS sub 500 BB season with 1 road win. Not hard to figure out.

FB - Back to Back Losing seasons 2004 & 2005.  I agree, how can they fire Stan now when they didn't fire Nutt after the 2005 season.   

hawgfan_18

this makes no sense.  atleast stan proved he can recruit to lil ole arkansas and his teams improved each year. not sure what happened this year but i hate to see heath fired especially without nutt going too. this is just retarded.

ilovepinebluff

I actually think Stan would be a good coach for a Big 10 team. His style just doesnt fit the SEC.

And to those wanting him fired today, he has brought much respect and dignity to our university. The least we could do is return the favor. Wait til after the SECT.

mikeirwin

Quote from: The Broadcaster on February 24, 2007, 02:19:34 pm
Just heard that Stan Heath WILL BE FIRED the day the team gets back from the SEC Tournament. This is coming from a reliable source who works close to the team. Please don't delete this post because it is not a rumor it is a fact that was told to a reporter for a NW Arkansas paper.
Well if it was told to a reporter it must be true. People who talk to reporters always know.  ::)
Did the reporter learn who would do the firing ?
White ?
Broyles ?
Clay Henry ?

razorsox

Quote from: razorhead94 on February 24, 2007, 02:29:15 pm
Two years before Houston Nutt had a 5-6 and 4-7 season and this year didn't win the Bowl game. Houston accomplished nothing this year, 10-4 thanks to Herring and Gus, thats if Gus was allowed to call the offense completely.

Also houston said it would be down years and everybody knew we didn't have the talent.  Do you see Stan telling anybody that we would have a down year?? NO!  He said we should make it to the tourney again and hopefully go farther.  And talent wise these teams are different.  Basketball team has more talent than South car, ole miss, miss st, auburn, georgia and we still lose to them anyways.  Please dont tell me that in football we have more talent than florida and LSU..if you actually believe that then give me some of that koolaid.
Who's responsibility is it to get more talent than Florida and LSU?  It is Nutt's and he has failed. We had more talent then Vandy last year.  We had more talent than Wisconsin this year and the list goes on and on and if you actually believe we didn't then give me some of that koolaid.
The last thing we need is a bunch of rednecks running around with McFadden Cowboy jerseys.

razorsox

Quote from: razorsox on February 24, 2007, 05:28:25 pm
Quote from: razorhead94 on February 24, 2007, 02:29:15 pm

Also houston said it would be down years and everybody knew we didn't have the talent.  Do you see Stan telling anybody that we would have a down year?? NO!  He said we should make it to the tourney again and hopefully go farther.  And talent wise these teams are different.  Basketball team has more talent than South car, ole miss, miss st, auburn, georgia and we still lose to them anyways.  Please dont tell me that in football we have more talent than florida and LSU..if you actually believe that then give me some of that koolaid.

And just because Houston said we would have down years doesn't mean he should get an f'in pass. I am so sick of that arguement from you people.  It was his job to overcome that and he failed!
The last thing we need is a bunch of rednecks running around with McFadden Cowboy jerseys.

razorsox

Nutt and Heath both have been incompetent at times on the field/court.  But only one of them has embarassed the university off the field!  This university will make a huge mistake if they fire Heath and let Nutt stay.  It will send a message that "the black basketball coaches are held to a higher standard than the white football coach"

pigmania

Who is your source?

Lets see, 10 win FB season VS sub 500 BB season with 1 road win. Not hard to figure out.
Let's see, Football HC lied to last year's recruits and new OC about bringing in new offense, tries to cover up a nasty e-mail sent by one of his idiot friends, his wife forwards the e-mail to people telling them it's funny, tries to get one of his player's family to change the date of his grandmother's funeral so he wouldn't miss the South Carolina game, tells all of his players that there is no "I" in team, but time after time he puts people under the bus to cover his own a$$. Should I continue on?

Quote from: razorsox on February 24, 2007, 05:35:12 pm
Nutt and Heath both have been incompetent at times on the field/court.  But only one of them has embarassed the university off the field!  This university will make a huge mistake if they fire Heath and let Nutt stay.  It will send a message that "the black basketball coaches are held to a higher standard than the white football coach"
You just sent the message "I don't know what I'm talking about."

Dances With Hogs

How can they fire Heath and not fire that women coach, they are not going to fire anyone.
Quote from: Texasbite on February 24, 2007, 05:15:29 pm
Who is your source?

FB - Back to Back Losing seasons 2004 & 2005.  I agree, how can they fire Stan now when they didn't fire Nutt after the 2005 season.  

nearhogfan

Quote from: phoggy on February 24, 2007, 03:03:41 pm
Quote from: missippihog on February 24, 2007, 03:00:16 pm
Quote from: phoggy on February 24, 2007, 02:58:50 pm
Quote from: missippihog on February 24, 2007, 02:53:04 pm
Quote from: phoggy on February 24, 2007, 02:52:08 pm
Quote from: missippihog on February 24, 2007, 02:46:59 pm
Quote from: phoggy on February 24, 2007, 02:44:55 pm
Quote from: missippihog on February 24, 2007, 02:43:17 pm

Heath is not going to sue the university. There is no case.  He has no hardware and there is no specific example that he was racially discriminated.  Besides Heath can't even chew out a ref, how is this guy going to sue a major university?
Keeping a white man who has had losing seasons and has nothing but a 10-4 season to stand on.

A winning season is nowhere near the same or as hard to accomplish in basketball as it is in FB.

BS

Really. How many SEC teams will have a winning record in BB this year vs FB last year?

When does the BB season end? I'll know the answer to your question that afternoon.

Make a guesstimate. Not hard to figure out.

then why are you askin'?

3 SEC wins and take care of directional schools=FB winning season. 1/3 SEC wins and take care of directional schools=BB winning season.

So which is harder to accomplish. Congratulations, you just defeated your own argument.

Quote from: missippihog on February 24, 2007, 03:00:16 pm
Quote from: phoggy on February 24, 2007, 02:58:50 pm
Quote from: missippihog on February 24, 2007, 02:53:04 pm
Quote from: phoggy on February 24, 2007, 02:52:08 pm
Quote from: missippihog on February 24, 2007, 02:46:59 pm
Quote from: phoggy on February 24, 2007, 02:44:55 pm
Quote from: missippihog on February 24, 2007, 02:43:17 pm

A winning season is nowhere near the same or as hard to accomplish in basketball as it is in FB.

BS

Really. How many SEC teams will have a winning record in BB this year vs FB last year?

When does the BB season end? I'll know the answer to your question that afternoon.

Make a guesstimate. Not hard to figure out.

then why are you askin'?

3 SEC wins and take care of directional schools=FB winning season. 1/3 SEC wins and take care of directional schools=BB winning season.

So which is harder to accomplish. Congratulations, you just defeated your own argument.

1/3 =1/3 ??? congratulations, you just defeated your own argument.

Not to be a math a$$, but 3/8 is > 1/3.  You got owned on your BS comment.  Live with it.

Pickled Pig

I consider myself VERY conservative; I'm not a nuttso (no pun intended) who thinks everything has something to do with race.....

BUT FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO TRULY BELIEVE RACE DOESN'T FACTOR INTO THIS AT ALL (I.E., HOW HEATH IS PERCEIVED BY THE DEPARTMENT AS COMPARED TO NUTT; AND, MORE PARTICULARLY, WHY THAT IS SO ---- BECAUSE NUTT IS "IN" THE CLUB" AND HEATH IS NOT) YOU ARE IGNORANT OF REALITY.

The question is: why has it been so much easier for Nutt to find himself in the inner circle of the club, whereas Heath hasn't?

I'll give you a hint - the answer is a four letter word which has "c" as a middle letter.

pignation

Hard to fire a coach who was SEC coach of the year and his teams lost to 4 of the top 7 teams in the country.  Wish it would have been different and that it ended differently.  It is "What have you done for me lately" and Heath hasn't done it.

Set aside some of the hate for HDN and realize that wins and losses is what we should be after.  Lately, Heath's teams not good after a couple of years of recruiting some pretty good players.  Nutt's team did extremely well.  We'll see how Nutt does next year.  If he doesn't bring the wins, then he needs to go.

It's about wins and losses.  I don't know what goes on behind closed doors.  Much of it is speculation and he said she said.  I like Stan, but we gotta have wins.  Same for Houston, same for any coach.  Don't really care who the coach is and won't follow them after they leave here and root for them or their team.  If they aren't a Razorback, I'm not interested.

94 Hawg

Quote from: Pickled Pig on February 24, 2007, 06:00:48 pm
I consider myself VERY conservative; I'm not a nuttso (no pun intended) who thinks everything has something to do with race.....

BUT FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO TRULY BELIEVE RACE DOESN'T FACTOR INTO THIS AT ALL (I.E., HOW HEATH IS PERCEIVED BY THE DEPARTMENT AS COMPARED TO NUTT; AND, MORE PARTICULARLY, WHY THAT IS SO ---- BECAUSE NUTT IS "IN" THE CLUB" AND HEATH IS NOT) YOU ARE IGNORANT OF REALITY.

The question is: why has it been so much easier for Nutt to find himself in the inner circle of the club, whereas Heath hasn't?

I'll give you a hint - the answer is a four letter word which has "c" as a middle letter.
hack?
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers