Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs BB Game Thread

Started by artyhog, December 30, 2006, 01:34:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

artyhog

hogfankb

Quote from: artyhog on December 30, 2006, 03:22:42 pm
Welsh will be better with playing time.

Agreed. But in previous minutes he has looked much better than what he has done tonight. Maybe a little rusty from break

fourthcrusade

I'm watching the replay on SportsSouth, and they're only about 8 minutes in...

Billy Pharris is MUCh better than I had expected he would be as a 'former player as commentator in his mid 20s'...  he sounds a bit nervous, you can tell he's not polished yet, but he isn't sounding like a 'moron'.  Cut down on the 'uhs' and he'd be pretty good.

Is this pharris' first game to do color??  I think he'd do well as time goes on.  he actually gives basketball KNOWLEDGE instead of just "well, wow, good job...."

artyhog

Washington fouled

shooting 2

artyhog

hogfankb

Great rebounding by Washington.

artyhog

artyhog

artyhog

artyhog

Washington gets another charge

hogfankb

Another charge taken by Washington.

artyhog

HOG WIN!!

Hogs 80
Tecksters 50

artyhog

Better game by the Hogs today.

Better passing

hogfankb

Good win coming back from the break.

artyhog

Hogs have one more game OOC befro Alabama next Saturday.

fourthcrusade

Nice score, though 80-48 would have "looked" better ;), that's a nice win for the hogs

FEW turnovers, GOOD FT shooting (sans hill), Hill scored 3 (3!) field goals, 50% on 3 pointers....  

Good solid nonconference win for CONFIDENCE.... now REAM tulsa and set up a Visiting bama at 11-3...  Go hogs!

and again, better than expected job for pharris (still in 1st half on sports south)

artyhog

artyhog

Hogs play Tulsa Tuesday at 7 PM

It is on the same stations.

HoopS

Arty, once again thank you for taking the time to give us updates.

fourthcrusade

Pignominious

OK we need to play Washington, McCurdy and Townes more.  Welsh does not need the ball in his hands under pressure.  He needs to be in for catch and shoot only.  Weems looked good distributing from the wing possesion.  I think McCurdy should start at point.  He is easily our best passer and he is pretty aware.  He really gives the offense some life when he is in, dispite not being much of a threat to score.  I counted about four or five possesions between the 12 and 9 minute mark where McCurdy did some really good things against the zone.  He didn't stand around, He attacked the gaps.  Washington and Thomas are our quickest post players.  I really think they could both cause havock on the offensive glass.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

fourthcrusade

Quote from: BearclawHogs44 on December 30, 2006, 03:41:09 pm
OK we need to play Washington, McCurdy and Townes more.  Welsh does not need the ball in his hands under pressure.  He needs to be in for catch and shoot only.  Weems looked good distributing from the wing possesion.  I think McCurdy should start at point.  He is easily our best passer and he is pretty aware.  He really gives the offense some life when he is in, dispite not being much of a threat to score.  I counted about four or five possesions between the 12 and 9 minute mark where McCurdy did some really good things against the zone.  He didn't stand around, He attacked the gaps.  Washington and Thomas are our quickest post players.  I really think they could both cause havock on the offensive glass.

While McCurdy DOES attack and slash inside, he is a TURNOVER MACHINE still... he needs to get that under control, and preferably before SEc play..

Pignominious

Quote from: fourthcrusade on December 30, 2006, 03:42:46 pm
Quote from: BearclawHogs44 on December 30, 2006, 03:41:09 pm

While McCurdy DOES attack and slash inside, he is a TURNOVER MACHINE still... he needs to get that under control, and preferably before SEc play..

You are correct.  When teams go straight at him he goes nuts.  We need to get him in a system where he can drive and dish without having to hold the ball for forever.  If we can protect McCurdy he can be a great asset for us.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

fourthcrusade

Ervin seems to play calmer as well when he sees McCurdy starting, as if the young guy is 'taking his minutes'

TDHog

Box Score has:

Ervin - 23 mins, 8 points, 60% from the field, 50% from the line, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 turnovers, 1 steal

McCurdy - 17 mins, 5 points, 67% from the field, 100% from the line, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 turnover, 1 steal

I'd have to disagree with McCurdy being a turnover machine, I think he needs more PT.  He had the edge today.