Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm flying to LA this afternoon

Started by EastexHawg, October 30, 2017, 02:56:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

EastexHawg

Gonna try out for the Astros.  I figure my 61 mph stuff with an arm that will probably fall off after ten pitches can't be any worse than what they are trotting out there from the bullpen.  Giles choked so many times that they now refuse to use him, despite the fact that Devenski is a freaking weirdo with the most hittable 96 mph fastball in history.  How do you come into a 12-9 game in the 9th inning and immediately walk the leadoff hitter?  If he hits a home run you are still up 12-10.  McHugh?  See Devenski and "walks".  Musgrove is going to get whiplash from snapping his head around to see where the line drives are going, and the rest of them are worse than they are.

Peacock is the only dependable arm they have coming out of the pen.  Why they pulled him after he hit a batter I don't know.  Has Hinch been watching what happens when he sends everyone else out there?

Dr. Starcs

What does it matter?  This series is over.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 30, 2017, 08:42:19 pm
What does it matter?  This series is over.

They better hope Verlander pitches a complete game, or that he at least gets them to the 9th with a five or six run lead.  They don't have anyone in the pen who can be trusted to get through an inning without giving up three or more runs.

hoglady

Giles has the Astros in a bind as far as relief goes.
I wouldn't trust him either if I was Hinch.
He wouldn't pitch to another batter.
You see it in baseball all the time - good closer's who can't handle the pressure of post season play.
You can see the fear in Giles face.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 31, 2017, 09:00:36 am
They better hope Verlander pitches a complete game, or that he at least gets them to the 9th with a five or six run lead.  They don't have anyone in the pen who can be trusted to get through an inning without giving up three or more runs.

So far so good with Verlander tonight.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

bulldog04

Why did Roberts pull Forsythe? He is on fire right now

EastexHawg

Josh Reddick is now 5 for 47 in the ALCS and the Series.  Why is he still in the lineup?  I would have bet my left...big toe that he was going to strike out with runners on 2nd and 3rd, no outs, and the pitcher on deck.

He couldn't hit the ball with a bed slat right now.

hoglady

On to Game 7 - advantage Dodgers.
Astros needed that one last night - had a couple of chances to put some runs on the board and just didn't do it.

cityhog

EastexHawg

Give Carlos Beltran a start in right and sit Reddick.  I know Beltran is old as the hills, but he couldn't be any worse than the automatic out they have in the lineup now.

McCullers is in the same position as Verlander last night.  If he doesn't go 8 or at least 7 and has to turn it over to that bullpen in a close game the Dodgers can probably start popping the corks on the champagne right now.  Springer, Bregman, Altuve, and Correa have to produce some runs tonight from the top of the lineup.