Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Les Miles stepping down?

Started by beebefootballfan, March 02, 2013, 06:44:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bennyl08

Quote from: LSUFan on March 02, 2013, 07:12:00 pm
Which is what Arkansas should have done, IMO

Except our HC committed two of the potentially fireable offenses, if she was underage he would have hit the trifecta.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

mecoach

Quote from: LSUFan on March 02, 2013, 08:11:25 pm
Yeah, she's gonna text me back with what he says.

The trainer I know hasn't responded back, I think they are keeping it on the DL, but a 2 hour player meeting on a saturday night in the off season?
A 2 hour player meeting?  Is this verified?
Ruh Roh

Hank351

I know after experiencing this last season, I wouldn't wish it on thier fans and players. 

Les leaving LSU isn't necessarily a good thing for us either.

Brand X Hog Fan

"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

Hoggish1

March 02, 2013, 08:22:28 pm #54 Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 08:45:14 pm by Hoggish1
Quote from: scottwillrazbackfan1 on March 02, 2013, 07:13:16 pm
Houston Nutt to LSWHOOOOOOOOO!!!!

If that could happen, life would indeed be grand!

60 Minutes of Hell

I just had a sickening thought.  Suppose JL's offer to Miles had been legit. And Miles had accepted it.  And that this alleged affair had already been in session prior to that time.  And the same "news" was breaking tonight.  Whoa!!!  We might have dodged that bullet by 500 miles, but the possibility alone makes one heck of a loud woosh as it cruises through the bayou!
What a fool I used to be.

LSUFan

Quote from: mecoach on March 02, 2013, 08:21:44 pm
A 2 hour player meeting?  Is this verified?
Ruh Roh
She corrected me, the meeting was Friday night.

Why don't you get on that ScottF? You a media dude, ain't you? Since I don't know what I'm talking about................
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

hoss cartrack

the only reason i can think of for a 2 hour player meeting this time of year is spring ball. 

this is interesting.  for me...i think les(s) is just fine where he is....unless we could be lucky enough to get nutty in there
hey baby....you look like a real bad idea.   come on over herel

PositronHog

Quote from: HogInFlorida on March 02, 2013, 06:59:37 pm
Gruden.
LOL... If true we need to help them out with starting the Gruden to LSU.

Hoggish1

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 02, 2013, 07:56:02 pm
I went over to tigerdroppings.com and looked, and there was a thread about it that was taken down.  There is another thread on that site regarding if it is true, then some of their fans are wanting current Assistant Coach, Frank Wilson, to be promoted to Interim Coach.

If it is true, and if they try to get a current Head Coach from another School, I could see them trying to get one of the following.

Urban Meyer
Bob Stoops
Jimbo Fisher
Jim Mora, Jr.

I don't see Meyer or Stoops leaving their current job, but I could see Fisher or Mora, Jr. leaving their current job. 

Fisher is the most mediocre coach in college football now that HDN isn't coaching.  LSU would not be that stupid if they are lucky enough to get rid of Less...

HogInFlorida

Quote from: LSUFan on March 02, 2013, 08:04:36 pm
What a current LSU Players mom just text me when I asked.

"What? Where ya get that from? Haven't heard that. **** just went to a 2 hour meeting but didn't ever say anything about that. LOL I just sent a message to **** Can I say that I would NOT be upset??? LOL"

Why would you have a 2 hour meeting at 6pm on a Saturday night in the offseason?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Preview of spring practice..?
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

Root66

Quote from: LSUFan on March 02, 2013, 07:12:00 pm
Which is what Arkansas should have done, IMO

Naaa, what Petrino did was a dismissible offense...plain and simple. Long did the right thing.

dacskc

Quote from: Brand X Hog Fan on March 02, 2013, 08:22:16 pm
http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-football/2013/03/02/les-miles-rumored-to-have-engaged-in-inappropriate-relationship-with-student/

Rumor here.

QuoteI find this to be nothing but an attempt at tarnishing Miles' character and nothing more than baseless lies of the lowest denominator. It takes a pretty low form of life to come up with this type of stuff and I think even LSU's biggest rivals and Miles' biggest critics can agree to that.

Follow me on Twitter @PatrickASchmidt

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-football/2013/03/02/les-miles-rumored-to-have-engaged-in-inappropriate-relationship-with-student/?8SKWOR4j2Uqgc9TF.99

The irony....LOL @ his indignation. His (so far) is the only article (besides Tweets) about it out there, plus he gives himself a plug to get followers.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 02, 2013, 08:32:35 pm
Fisher is the most mediocre coach in college football now that HDN isn't coaching.  LSU would not be that stupid if they are lucky enough to get rid of Less...

A lot of LSU fans feel that their Offense hasn't been as good since Fisher left LSU.  The LSU fans think highly of Fisher.  He was Saban's OC the season they won the NC. 

If this indeed true, they probably will just promote a current Assistant Coach to Interim Head Coach (I presume Frank Wilson).  It would be very tough to get a current Head Coach to leave their current job. 

hoss cartrack

Quote from: Root66 on March 02, 2013, 08:34:54 pm
Naaa, what Petrino did was a dismissible offense...plain and simple. Long did the right thing.

i think what really got petrino fired was the fact that he hired her.  if not...he mighta got kicked around...but he'd still be here....IMO

Hoggish1

Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 02, 2013, 08:04:48 pm
I'll fall over laughing if they went after Fisher. He's a bigger underachiever than Miles.

Me too and how true.

But, since FSU is my distant 2nd team, having gone to school there, I don't think the Seminoles could ever be that lucky!

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Root66

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 02, 2013, 08:09:43 pm
Guys, this is Terrible for us, we need Les to stay the coach at LSU.

This gives them an easy out to go get a coach that will actually get all that talent to play up to their potential.

Mack Brown?

pimpndistress

Quote from: Zen_Hog on March 02, 2013, 06:45:41 pm
Les Miles supposedly had an affair with student. Press conference scheduled for Monday.

what did HE look like  LOL
:razorback:  FIRE JEFF LONG :razorback:
SMITE ME IF YOU LOVE  JEFF LONG [move]

farmhawg

Quote from: LSUFan on March 02, 2013, 08:24:09 pm
She corrected me, the meeting was Friday night.

Why don't you get on that ScottF? You a media dude, ain't you? Since I don't know what I'm talking about................
That would require work.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Martygit

Quote from: hoss cartrack on March 02, 2013, 08:36:38 pm
i think what really got petrino fired was the fact that he hired her.  if not...he mighta got kicked around...but he'd still be here....IMO

Nope - what got him fired was he lied about it - plain and simple - if he had fessed up to JL they would have figured out some way to make it not a firing offense - but he lied not only to JL but the public and that killed him - there's a lesson in there somewhere
RIP OTR, REV

hoss cartrack

i think we are both right....if he hadn't hired her...i dont think he would have lied.  guess we will never know

HuntinHog

With how quick twitter and the internets act nowadays a simple "not true, yall have been duped" from the LSU AD would put this all to bed.

hoss cartrack

Quote from: HuntinHog on March 02, 2013, 09:20:24 pm
With how quick twitter and the internets act nowadays a simple "not true, yall have been duped" from the LSU AD would put this all to bed.

agreed.  in the time this has been going on....not one single credible source.  pretty sure by now it's all rumor...and a pretty crappy thing to do to anyone.....even les miles.

greasy_corner

Quote from: farmhawg on March 02, 2013, 08:44:02 pm
That would require work.....

Ain't that the truth.  It's easier to be a entertainer court jester fool. 

ADavisTheGOAT

I wanted him to stay at LSU!!!
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

twistitup

SEdrhawg

Quote from: songofthesword on March 02, 2013, 07:43:05 pm
have you seen his wife? she looks like Tayshun prince. i'd have an affair as well

Exactly.  She does look like Tayshun prince lol. 

LSUFan

Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 02, 2013, 08:36:55 pm
Get on debunking a silly Twitter rumor? And ruin all the jokes people are making about it?
When has silliness ever stopped you from posting?

grayhawg

Looks like LSwho swept that one under the rug.

sarcasm

LSUFan

Notice how this hasn't been moved to Vents and Rumors?

dacskc

Bruce Feldman‏@BFeldmanCBS

Talked to a source at LSU tonight.. there is no truth to that wild rumor.

Root66

Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 02, 2013, 10:11:49 pm
Now it has.

So you're still moving threads? Or just making an observation?

LSUFan

Quote from: Root66 on March 03, 2013, 12:33:39 am
So you're still moving threads? Or just making an observation?
Still stiring s ht with an uninformed spoon.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: grayhawg on March 02, 2013, 09:52:18 pm
Looks like LSwho swept that one under the rug.

sarcasm

If that's the case they are smarter than Arkansas was.
Let's make some waves.

tophawg19

Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 02, 2013, 08:17:11 pm
It's a rumor that, according to some on Twitter, started with a WKU student.

<puts on tin-foil hat>

Who coaches at WKU now? And who would love to get back into the SEC? Obviously Petrino is behind this and is trying to get Les Miles' job!

Reaching a bit there Scott . Can you prove Petrino was behind this ? Are you a reporter or just spreading B.S. ? as a reporter/media person , i'd think you should be held to a higher standard . Trying to blame BP without proof is petty and unprofessional . saying he wants the LSU job and started the rumor , without proof borders on slander .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

pigture perfect

BP does want the LSU job. It's the best one whose coach is kind of on the hot seat. He's finding out Padukah and Bowling Green are worse than originally anticipated.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

tophawg19

most coaches would jump at the LSU  job . This might be an attempt at humor by SF but as a reporter / media i would expect him to be more careful of his posts
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

OldCoot

What in history would make anyone think LSU would want an all out passing attack with Petrino?  Absolutely nothing.

twistitup

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 03, 2013, 08:33:44 am
Reaching a bit there Scott . Can you prove Petrino was behind this ? Are you a reporter or just spreading B.S. ? as a reporter/media person , i'd think you should be held to a higher standard . Trying to blame BP without proof is petty and unprofessional . saying he wants the LSU job and started the rumor , without proof borders on slander .

He didn't blame Petrino.... supposedly the original rumor tweet was first sent out by a WKU student. Very simple, BP can't control the WKU student body - even if he thinks he can.

snoblind

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 03, 2013, 08:44:54 am
most coaches would jump at the LSU  job . This might be an attempt at humor by SF but as a reporter / media i would expect him to be more careful of his posts

seriously?  Why do you think he put "<puts on tin-foil hat>" in his post?  Even without that I knew it was sarcasm.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Hogbeaver on March 03, 2013, 09:47:22 am
What in history would make anyone think LSU would want an all out passing attack with Petrino?  Absolutely nothing.

This is so stupid.  His offense wasn't all out passing. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Dropkick

Just a rumor. Old Les couldn't get laid in a house of ill repute with a handful of hundreds.

Rockpig5

Quote from: Adam Stokes on March 02, 2013, 06:53:59 pm
Too late in the year to get a good coach.  Guess they will have to go the interim route.

I'm sure John L would be happy to help them out....as long as they defer his pay.

HogFanInBryant

It seems like everything has been taken down regarding this on here but I did wanna know if anyone thought this thing was growing ears or not?  I have read a few things saying it was just some reporter in Kentucky trying to stoke the fire or something....who knows?

LSUFan

OldCoot

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on March 03, 2013, 07:30:32 pm
It seems like everything has been taken down regarding this on here but I did wanna know if anyone thought this thing was growing ears or not?  I have read a few things saying it was just some reporter in Kentucky trying to stoke the fire or something....who knows?

It wasn't even a reporter, it was a hack wanna-be who was pillaging random message boards for fodder.  He basically picked something from what would have been in the trashcan and ran with it.

twistitup

Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 04, 2013, 05:56:41 pm
And he went from 200 Twitter followers to more than 30,000 in less than six hours. Which I think was his goal all along.