Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JL in executive session now

Started by ballz2thewall, November 09, 2017, 09:49:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbackers

Quote from: Wildhog on November 09, 2017, 10:23:39 am
Because your carpet baggin' buddy is about to get the axe.

Did I do that right?

I guess? It's crazy to me that I have to hate everyone personally and assume the worst about them as humans in order to be a Hog fan I guess.

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: ricepig on November 09, 2017, 10:25:49 am
Hmm.....$1500-$4300/yr vs $85-$850, seems like a good trade to me.

I think your boy is about to get his wings clipped or plum shot off

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: tusked on November 09, 2017, 10:25:56 am
so you're the same guy since there's such limited education on the board.
Did you read my post about Frank overseeing a worse stretch from 1990-1997?

Educate yourself.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

Wildhog

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 09, 2017, 10:26:38 am
I guess? It's crazy to me that I have to hate everyone personally and assume the worst about them as humans in order to be a Hog fan I guess.

Football.  Politics.  Doesn't matter.  If you disagree with someone, you have to hate them.  Hate everything about them.  Hate everyone that doesn't hate them.  Oppose everything they say or do.  Hate. Hate. Hate.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

EastexHawg

Quote from: Pathological on November 09, 2017, 10:15:28 am
If Long is fired or contract not renewed or whatever...if Long is out...whether right or wrong...whether you agree or disagree with decision...the national media is going to rake UA over the coals like never before.  Whether you think this is a good decision or bad, this will be a dark dark day for UA if Long is let go.

This is pure fantasy, straight drama queen stuff.  No one will care, and anyone who bothers to even look into it will say, "Arkansas has gone a miserable 13-32 in SEC play since 2011, it's once dominant men's basketball team has won two NCAA tournament games during Long's ten years on the job, and the crowd at last Saturday's homecoming game was embarrassingly small."

Captain Hamerica

The Hawg Marshal

Trey Schaap‏ @trey1037TheBuzz 6m6 minutes ago

The board has taken a break to grab refreshments and are returning to executive session. Jeff Long and Chancellor Steinmetz have been asked to join the @UofA_System Board in ES.
0 replies 5 retweets 2 likes

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Drop the Mike on November 09, 2017, 09:51:39 am
Hogsanity and razorbackers are sweating bullets!

I don't care for this kind of crap. 
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Wildhog on November 09, 2017, 10:23:39 am
Because your carpet baggin' buddy is about to get the axe.

Did I do that right? 

We keep having some of these folks attacking others for no reason I'm gonna show them an axe. 
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Tusks

Well I'll say based on the cult on the board today.  The #uncommon crowd is going to go out chanting.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hogmolar

As a member of an education board, here is what is taught.  1.) You hire superintendents. 2.) You set policy. 

All other hiring and firing is done by hired Superintendent and or principals.  If you don't trust those people to do their jobs then maybe you need to look at yourself as a board and ask why did we hire this person. 

I assume this is much the same. BOT hires the Chancellor.  He is responsible for the hires underneath him.  I am sure that JL is just there to give an update on the expansion and nothing else will come from that.  There may be some comments to him about how things need to improve in which case the response should be I will work on those things.  Any firing or announced changes will come from JL or the Chancellor himself.  Some of you people spouting off on here just don't understand how these things work. 

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 09, 2017, 10:30:51 am

The board has taken a break to grab refreshments and are returning to executive session. Jeff Long and Chancellor Steinmetz have been asked to join the @UofA_System Board in ES.

Cut out the breaks and let's get down to business.

OP was wrong. Long just went back. According to twitter.

Tusks

Quote from: hogmolar on November 09, 2017, 10:33:45 am
As a member of an education board, here is what is taught.  1.) You hire superintendents. 2.) You set policy. 

All other hiring and firing is done by hired Superintendent and or principals.  If you don't trust those people to do their jobs then maybe you need to look at yourself as a board and ask why did we hire this person. 

I assume this is much the same. BOT hires the Chancellor.  He is responsible for the hires underneath him.  I am sure that JL is just there to give an update on the expansion and nothing else will come from that.  There may be some comments to him about how things need to improve in which case the response should be I will work on those things.  Any firing or announced changes will come from JL or the Chancellor himself.  Some of you people spouting off on here just don't understand how these things work. 

So what your saying is theres no chance JL is in trouble and BB will be coach next year.

Cylinder

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on November 09, 2017, 09:58:43 am
I was going to ask someone to define "executive session"...but that will probably be explained as the day goes on.

Generally, an executive session is a private part of a public meeting or meeting of a public body. It can be used to discuss things like strategies or personnel matters without a public record being generated -- such as media coverage, transcripts, minutes, etc....

In this case, if the board recommends some action that requires a vote, the board will reconvene for a public vote.

snoblind

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 09, 2017, 10:27:24 am

Educate yourself.

Why do you keep bringing up Frank?  He hasn't been AD for over 10 years.  This isn't about him. 

If you hadn't joined 2 months ago (interesting timing, BTW) you would know that many of the folks wanting a change now wanted a change then.  Heck, I've posted many times over the years on this board that he should have retired back in the early to mid 90's.

hogsanity

Quote from: tusked on November 09, 2017, 10:35:01 am
So what your saying is theres no chance JL is in trouble and BB will be coach next year.

I think he is just saying the BOT is not directly going to fire BB or JL as that is not normally their job.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: snoblind on November 09, 2017, 10:35:50 am

Why do you keep bringing up Frank?  He hasn't been AD for over 10 years.  This isn't about him. 

If you hadn't joined 2 months ago (interesting timing, BTW) you would know that many of the folks wanting a change now wanted a change then.  Heck, I've posted many times over the years on this board that he should have retired back in the early to mid 90's.
Super interesting.

I guess joining a board automatically makes you a mole?
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

Hogsenburg

Yes

EastexHawg

Educate yourself.

Really?  Frank oversaw a worse stretch as AD?  Because I could have sworn the men's basketball team was in the Final Four three times during that time, with one national championship and one other championship game appearance.  I realize that is no match for opening round wins over Wofford and Seton Hall...

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 09, 2017, 10:38:17 am
Really?  Frank oversaw a worse stretch as AD?  Because I could have sworn the men's basketball team was in the Final Four three times during that time, with one national championship and one other championship game appearance.  I realize that is no match for opening round wins over Wofford and Seton Hall...
In football?

Yes. In question.

This is all about football.

Educate yourself.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

hogsanity

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 09, 2017, 10:37:20 am
Super interesting.

It is just odd on a massage board that has been around for 15+ years, to see so many "new" members show up all around the same time. Just like i find it odd so many posters created accounts in 2006 or 2010, posted like 3 times, have not posted in years and just now decide is a good time to start posting. That is not how most people that take the time to join message boards behave. They may not post as often as some, but they usually do not go more than a few days, much less weeks months or years without posting.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

snoblind

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 09, 2017, 10:37:20 am
Super interesting.

Answer the question

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: hogsanity on November 09, 2017, 10:40:31 am
It is just odd on a massage board that has been around for 15+ years, to see so many "new" members show up all around the same time. Just like i find it odd so many posters created accounts in 2006 or 2010, posted like 3 times, have not posted in years and just now decide is a good time to start posting. That is not how most people that take the time to join message boards behave. They may not post as often as some, but they usually do not go more than a few days, much less weeks months or years without posting.
Thank you for the education on How message boards work.

I took notes and I am ready for the exam!
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

ricepig

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on November 09, 2017, 10:27:03 am
I think your boy is about to get his wings clipped or plum shot off

My boys are a financial analyst in Chicago and a sophomore in high school, lol.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: snoblind on November 09, 2017, 10:40:39 am
Answer the question
So guilty.

What's my punishment? Don't sent me to North Korea. Please!! Have mercy!!
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

EastexHawg

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 09, 2017, 10:39:54 am
In football?

Yes. In question.

This is all about football.

Educate yourself.

It's all about football?  If that is the case I'm not sure why Long bothered to show up.  13-32 in SEC play over the last six years is 13th in a 14 team conference.  Who tries to justify his $1 million per year salary with "credentials" like that?

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: ricepig on November 09, 2017, 10:42:33 am
My boys are a financial analyst in Chicago and a sophomore in high school, lol.

Lol. Fair enough

ricepig

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 09, 2017, 10:26:26 am
What's the date on this? That's the number fudging mentioned. It's actually more like 7 suites are committed.

Link?

hogmolar

Not saying that at all.  Just saying that for those who think JL will walk out of there without a job will probably be disappointed.  He may very well lose his job but more than likely won't be announced or done today.  Same goes with CBB, he may lose his job but it will be announced by JL not the BOT.  Only time that you see the Chancellor or BOT involved in a firing of a coach is usually do to a non performance based firing (Investigations, scandals, etc) in which the school needs public relations.  (See Penn State, Baylor)   

GuvHog

Quote from: hogsanity on November 09, 2017, 10:36:49 am
I think he is just saying the BOT is not directly going to fire BB or JL as that is not normally their job.

They can however, strongly recommend to the Chancellor that he fire Long.

They can also terminate the Chancellor if he refuses to comply.

I don't see the latter of the 2 happening.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hogsanity

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 09, 2017, 10:42:55 am
It's all about football?  If that is the case I'm not sure why Long bothered to show up.  13-32 in SEC play over the last six years is 13th in a 14 team conference.  Who tries to justify his $1 million per year salary with "credentials" like that?

Even though I know this is wasted on you, because your world begins and ends with guhd ole suhthun fuhbahl, but Longs salary is based on a lot more than football. He is the athletic director not the football director.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: GuvHog on November 09, 2017, 10:45:04 am
They can however, strongly recommend to the Chancellor that he fire Long.

They can also terminate the Chancellor if he refuses to comply.

I don't see the latter of the 2 happening.
Yes, the BOT will fire the Chancellor after they struggled to find one last time.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

Tusks

So for the #uncommon crowd are you here to prop up just JL or JL and BB?

hawgon

Quote from: hogmolar on November 09, 2017, 10:44:59 am
Not saying that at all.  Just saying that for those who think JL will walk out of there without a job will probably be disappointed.  He may very well lose his job but more than likely won't be announced or done today.  Same goes with CBB, he may lose his job but it will be announced by JL not the BOT.  Only time that you see the Chancellor or BOT involved in a firing of a coach is usually do to a non performance based firing (Investigations, scandals, etc) in which the school needs public relations.  (See Penn State, Baylor)   

I would submit that a very public summoning for explanations regarding a major project and its expenditures could be reason to believe that there might be some non performance issues. 

Razorbackers

Quote from: hogsanity on November 09, 2017, 10:40:31 am

IP address for all these new accounts is in Russia iyam

GuvHog

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 09, 2017, 10:46:16 am
Yes, the BOT will fire the Chancellor after they struggled to find one last time.

Read it again. I said they most likely WOULDN'T terminate the Chancellor.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

EastexHawg

Quote from: hogsanity on November 09, 2017, 10:45:38 am
Even though I know this is wasted on you, because your world begins and ends with guhd ole suhthun fuhbahl, but Longs salary is based on a lot more than football. He is the athletic director not the football director.

Why don't you read the post I was responding to and quoted in my own.  I'm not the one who originally said it is all about football, Jeff's wife did.

jgphillips3

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 09, 2017, 10:05:15 am
Actually, from 1990-1997, the Almighty Frank oversaw the historic rate you refer.  Carry on.

5 of the 8 seasons with a losing record.

You mean, the period of time where our program left the University of Texas Conference...err...SWC and has the entire State, previously our most fertile recruiting ground turn against us?  You mean that period of time where, after losing our fertile recruiting ground we went from playing two tough games a year to playing at least four to six tough games a year?

PorkRinds

Quote from: Pathological on November 09, 2017, 10:15:28 am
If Long is fired or contract not renewed or whatever...if Long is out...whether right or wrong...whether you agree or disagree with decision...the national media is going to rake UA over the coals like never before.  Whether you think this is a good decision or bad, this will be a dark dark day for UA if Long is let go.

I agree.

woodhog14

Educate yourself.
At least during that stretch there was a Western Divison championship and an SECCG appearance. That's why what we are going through now is worse.

GoPigs69

Much of what you say is definitely true - but why would the board go into executive session just to get an update on the stadium expansion? I thought executive sessions were only allowed for "personnel" issues / discussion.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 09, 2017, 10:49:09 am
You mean, the period of time where our program left the University of Texas Conference...err...SWC and has the entire State, previously our most fertile recruiting ground turn against us?  You mean that period of time where, after losing our fertile recruiting ground we went from playing two tough games a year to playing at least four to six tough games a year?
Spin zone.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

HoggyCat

And what if BOT fires said chancellor??

And what if they invoke "vested interest"??
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: GuvHog on November 09, 2017, 10:48:01 am
Read it again. I said they most likely WOULDN'T terminate the Chancellor.
So when he doesn't fire Jeff, what do they do??
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

The Hawg Marshal

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 09, 2017, 10:50:57 am
Spin zone.

Actually he nailed it. Broyles did screw up hiring Crowe. That was dumb

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 09, 2017, 10:30:51 am

Could it be that the BOT is recommending what Long and Steinmetz should do with Bielema and the meeting has nothing to do with Long's employment?  Would this even be the time or place to do that? 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: woodhog14 on November 09, 2017, 09:53:27 am
https://twitter.com/TyThomason/status/928639645587517442

Maybe it's nothing but I noticed he is not sitting next to Steinmetz who is seated behind him in that twitter link.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi