Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dr. Fitz Hill

Started by HossHog, November 15, 2017, 01:41:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HossHog

Now let me start off by saying I know almost nothing about him. Nor am I saying I am wanting him to be AD. But would he be a good fit for the position since he is a former coach and apparently most people want someone from the south. So would he be a good fit and is he qualified for the position?

HossHog

HF#1

He's never run an athletic department even at the high school level. This is equal to Kevin Kelley as head coach.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

DeltaBoy

Good man but not AD material .
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

onebadrubi

I don't know his financial situation, but if he is comfy, he may want to watch his son's basketball tenure in a few years.

10thPlanet

Jimbob111

I believe Fitz is a good guy however it seems to me he pushes an agenda when it comes to in-state kids and also pushes "athletes" over position players. I've never believed the athlete myth. If you can play linebacker, you can play linebacker. Same with QB, DE, etc. Fitz is in the HDN school of recruiting "athletes" and choosing a position for them because they are "athletes" rather than good at an actual football position.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

10thPlanet

Quote from: Jimbob111 on November 15, 2017, 01:51:24 pm
I believe Fitz is a good guy however it seems to me he pushes an agenda when it comes to in-state kids and also pushes "athletes" over position players. I've never believed the athlete myth. If you can play linebacker, you can play linebacker. Same with QB, DE, etc. Fitz is in the HDN school of recruiting "athletes" and choosing a position for them because they are "athletes" rather than good at an actual football position.
Has many agendas.

factchecker

Quote from: HF#1 on November 15, 2017, 01:44:09 pm
He's never run an athletic department even at the high school level. This is equal to Kevin Kelley as head coach.

Wasn't he the president/athletic director of Arkansas Baptist College?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: HF#1 on November 15, 2017, 01:44:09 pm

I'm not in favor of Fitz, but he was a D1 head coach

"Kevin Kelley"?

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

azhog10

I would be okay with Fitz. He's not going to be coaching or recruiting. He's a good man and knows the state and the University as well as anyone. He did hold an administrative role at a JUCO or D2 (forget which) and could possibly use some help. But I think he'd be as good as Jeff Long in some aspects. Not as good in others. Tom Jurich is the best guy we could possibly hire.

code red

I thought he caused a school to go bankrupt....could be wrong.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

KlubhouseKonnected

I don't believe that Fitz has the experience as an administrator to take on a job of this magnitude. I would enjoy it though, simply because it would drive all the casual racists insane.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: factchecker on November 15, 2017, 01:53:58 pm
Wasn't he the president/athletic director of Arkansas Baptist College?
Yes. And he ran it into the ground. A real embarrassment and failure.

FSHog67

Beavthompson

Quote from: azhog10 on November 15, 2017, 02:17:19 pm
I would be okay with Fitz. He's not going to be coaching or recruiting. He's a good man and knows the state and the University as well as anyone. He did hold an administrative role at a JUCO or D2 (forget which) and could possibly use some help. But I think he'd be as good as Jeff Long in some aspects. Not as good in others. Tom Jurich is the best guy we could possibly hire.
Lol A bring booby back dreamer. Lets hire the dirtiest AD in the buisiness. You must really hate us to wish that hate on us. Troll
Say no to drunk posts! Unless its a great idea!

azhog10

Quote from: Beavthompson on November 15, 2017, 03:15:40 pm
Lol A bring booby back dreamer. Lets hire the dirtiest AD in the buisiness. You must really hate us to wish that hate on us. Troll
Not a troll. Jurich was a really good AD. Petrino part was a joke. But Jurich did a fantastic job at UL. Pitino was dirty and Jurich was at fault for giving him too much of a leash. If I'm a troll for wishing the UA to get the best possible AD then yeah I guess so.........

Troll...

HF#1

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 15, 2017, 01:56:28 pm
I'm not in favor of Fitz, but he was a D1 head coach

"Kevin Kelley"?

The high school coach at PA I think. I may not have his name right.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

GuvHog

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on November 15, 2017, 02:34:02 pm

When DR Hill took over as President of ABC it's enrollment was around 200 students and was  in danger of losing it's accreditation. By the time he stepped down the school had grown to over 1000 students, greatly increased it's revenue, and kept its accreditation.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HF#1

Quote from: GuvHog on November 15, 2017, 03:31:55 pm
When DR Hill took over as President of ABC it's enrollment was around 200 students and was  in danger of losing it's accreditation. By the time he stepped down the school had grown to over 100 students, greatly increased it's revenue, and kept its accreditation.

That doesn't make him qualified to run the Athletic Department at a SEC school.

GuvHog

Quote from: HF#1 on November 15, 2017, 03:32:45 pm

He is a former College football coach.

He is a former college administrator.

He has a Doctorate in school administration.

He's more than qualified.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

factchecker

Quote from: HF#1 on November 15, 2017, 03:32:45 pm

People want Tommy T as our AD.

Fitz is exponentially more qualified than Tubberville.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Ironhawg

Quote from: GuvHog on November 15, 2017, 03:37:05 pm

This.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on November 15, 2017, 02:34:02 pm

If you seen Arkansas Baptist College prior to Fitz Hill the school looked more like a housing project than a place of higher learning. The college made tremendous strides under the leadership of Dr. Hill. The college internally and structurally is in a better place because of Dr. Hill.

factchecker

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 15, 2017, 03:46:29 pm
If you seen Arkansas Baptist College prior to Fitz Hill the school looked more like a housing project than a place of higher learning. The college made tremendous strides under the leadership of Dr. Hill. The college internally and structurally is in a better place because of Dr. Hill.

Most people didn't know their was Arkansas Baptist College before Hill.

Hill did a great job.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

naturalbornpigger

This would be significantly under achieving.  Pass.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

This...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

texas tush hog

Not to mention  a 1st Lt in the Army Reserves. Served in Desert Storm and won a Bronze Star and an Army Commendation Medal. Was a helluva good recruiter and wr coach. Was also a head coach, although not all that successful, at San Jose State.