Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Known Forum Upgrade issues & their status

Started by Doug, July 31, 2015, 07:03:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug

July 31, 2015, 07:03:16 am Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 03:30:00 pm by Doug
ITEMS TO BE FIXED
Re-implement SphinxSearch

MOBILE SKIN - Thread Subject truncates instead of word-wraps (BearsBisonsBoars)

MOBILE SKIN - Clicking the "New" icon on a thread takes you to 1st post, instead of 1st unread reply (PorkRinds)

ITEMS FIXED
DONE - On the actual message display, remove the list of Mods from the navigation breadcrumbs (/yabbse/Sources/Display.php)

DONE - On the forums topic list, change the colors for the column headers (/includes/mainForums.css)

DONE - Introduce mobile Friendly skin
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

PorkRinds

Hey Doug. It may be obvious, but I haven't figured it out. Before the change over I could hit "new" and it would take me to the newest posts in a thread that I had not seen. Now on ipad it doesn't seem to do that. The arrow on the far right will take me to the top of th last page. Any ideas? Thanks!

Doug

Quote from: PorkRindsHey Doug. It may be obvious, but I haven't figured it out. Before the change over I could hit "new" and it would take me to the newest posts in a thread that I had not seen. Now on ipad it doesn't seem to do that. The arrow on the far right will take me to the top of th last page. Any ideas? Thanks!
Confirmed bug... adding it to the same bug report as above for the other mobile issue.
--Doug

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Doug

That's the mobile theme behaving exactly as intended. If you don't want to use that theme, scroll down towards the bottom and click on "Desktop View".
--Doug

HogCzar1

I noticed that on my iPhone 6 that after I had switched to the desktop view that after I came back to the site it had switched back to the mobile version even though I didn't change it to mobile. That's happened several times. I stay logged on. So wasn't sure why once I switched to desktop version it seemed to switch back to mobile without me switching it.
Not a big deal, but curious if anyone else had that happen. Thx for all the hard work on this site!

Doug

I believe it's tied in with your log in session. If you logged out or cleared your cookies, that probably reset the viewing state.
--Doug

PigWig

Quote from: HogCzar1 on August 06, 2015, 08:38:01 pm
I noticed that on my iPhone 6 that after I had switched to the desktop view that after I came back to the site it had switched back to the mobile version even though I didn't change it to mobile. That's happened several times. I stay logged on. So wasn't sure why once I switched to desktop version it seemed to switch back to mobile without me switching it.
Not a big deal, but curious if anyone else had that happen. Thx for all the hard work on this site!
It's happening with me too. I never log out of Hogville or clear my cookies.

Doug

Quote from: PigWigIt's happening with me too. I never log out of Hogville or clear my cookies.
You're gonna hate me for this, but you need to clear your cookies. With the mobile skin, there's a couple changes to the Hogville cookie that are done. Try clearing them and your temp internet files.
--Doug

berryhog

Quote from: PigWig on August 14, 2015, 05:38:25 pm
It's happening with me too. I never log out of Hogville or clear my cookies.

Quote from: Doug on August 14, 2015, 05:55:40 pm
You're gonna hate me for this, but you need to clear your cookies. With the mobile skin, there's a couple changes to the Hogville cookie that are done. Try clearing them and your temp internet files.

That fixed that problem for me.  However, I still have to select the WAP2 version every time I open the app.  Any fix for this ?

Doug

The mobile skin and desktop version have nothing to do with WAP2... so yes, you will have to continue manually selecting WAP2 if you want to use that layout.
--Doug