Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We can now embed Vine videos (Instructions and help topic for this)

Started by Doug, September 28, 2013, 11:51:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug

Thanks to someone in MMQB for linking to a Vine video, I have now enabled the [.vine] BBC code tag. As people ask questions, we'll update this post to include the most common questions asked.  There IS a known issue with Firefox 23 (and newer) that requires a quick tweak in order to display Vine videos properly.

How do I embed a Vine video on Hogville?
Step 1: Grab the full URL to the video (https://vine.co/v/h61nte7g9V5).

Second, you need everything AFTER the "/v/", so it would be "h61nte7g9V5" (without quotes) in this case.

Next, wrap that inside of the Vine tag: [.vine]h61nte7g9V5[/vine] (the period in the tag is to show you how to format it. Do NOT include it in your post.)

NOTE: You will need to have a little bit of text to start off your post properly, so that the forums don't think you're submitting a blank post.
[vine]h61nte7g9V5[/vine]

Vine videos aren't working in Firefox
In your URL bar, type "about:config" without the quotes (I recommend you do this in a different tab).

On that page, search for "media.windows-media-foundation.enabled" (without quotes).

Click one time on that one line, then RIGHT click and then left click TOGGLE. Restart Firefox.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Darren DeLoach

ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

Doug

Do not go by this... please see my answer to your thread. Locking this one.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)