Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Hogs' first offensive play

Started by Pat Goss, August 24, 2019, 07:57:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Goss

Because of the controversy over the name of the QB that takes the first snap, my sources told me that the first play will be from the Wild Hog formation. Controversy over. Now you can start 6 threads on who should take the 2nd snap.
Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on July 16, 2020, 06:04:44 pm
That all you got, Pat? No royal family or Taylor Swift news today?

Quote from: Pat Goss on July 16, 2020, 06:06:07 pm
Taylor has a vinyl album out

SeldomHere

Quote from: Pat Goss on August 24, 2019, 07:57:23 pm
Because of the controversy over the name of the QB that takes the first snap, my sources told me that the first play will be from the Wild Hog formation. Controversy over. Now you can start 6 threads on who should take the 2nd snap.
As long as it is very offensive, I don't care who takes the first snap. But now I am worried about the second snap. Thanks for that.
All losing fan bases are the same. Insufferable to each other.
All winning fan bases are the same. Insufferable to everyone else.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: SeldomHere on August 24, 2019, 08:36:54 pm
As long as it is very offensive, I don't care who takes the first snap. But now I am worried about the second snap. Thanks for that.

I'm afraid it could be really "offensive".  :o
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hawgphat

With our luck, it will result in a 5 yard penalty for being offside.   

:-\

Hoggish

It will be the same play they ran all last year. . .hand off to tail back and hope he can find some place to run to.

SeldomHere

Pigcrazy

Dillar Dog

Pennywise

LZH

Alright:  Boyd seven yards off tackle right.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: LZH on August 25, 2019, 03:48:59 pm
Alright:  Boyd seven yards off tackle right.

I'm with you. Boyd off tackle.

PonderinHog

RPO - hit the slant for 75 yard TD.  WPS

Book it!   8)

RME

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 26, 2019, 09:45:41 am

Book it!   8)

But who's throwing that slant  ???

PonderinHog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on August 26, 2019, 09:46:41 am
But who's throwing that slant  ???
Some guy they found on the intramural fields...   ;D

hawg66

Ex-Trumpet

A false start certainly would be offensive.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

#1 STUNNA

Woods, Warren, Burks all on streaks... throw it to the guy who beats his guy.... try and score on the very first play of the game!!!! But I think first td comes off the first punt return chance on the year!

mj4president

Big ol Bradley Copper at fullback goes for 3 yards and a cloud of dust.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

BDSCT51

Strong right, 32 smoke draw to #5 on 2.

Oh crap! Forgot who was coaching for a senior moment there!

My money is on a pass play to a TE short Z-out or a WR Mid Z-out from a spread single back formation. (Or should I just stick to my day job of being a Hog fan?)
Bleeding Razorback Red

PonderinHog

Quote from: BDSCT51 on August 26, 2019, 10:53:57 am
Strong right, 32 smoke draw to #5 on 2.

Oh crap! Forgot who was coaching for a senior moment there!

My money is on a pass play to a TE short Z-out or a WR Mid Z-out from a spread single back formation. (Or should I just stick to my day job of being a Hog fan?)
All of those will work...   ;)

HogShat

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

havok

HotlantaHog

Will be a running play. Goal will be to establish the run, which never seemed to happen last year (though in fairness they didn't establish the pass either.)

OkieBack

hogsanity

that play from the LSu game where guys are running the jet sweep, from opposite directions, collide at the QB
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

DoctorSusscrofa

Most likely (as others have said) Boyd either up the middle or to the right.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

PonderinHog

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: HotlantaHog on August 26, 2019, 12:39:36 pm
Will be a running play. Goal will be to establish the run, which never seemed to happen last year (though in fairness they didn't establish the pass either.)

Set up the kicking game.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Pat Goss

Hey did I fail to mention that the person who accurately predicts the first play will get a free chili cheese and bacon coney dog at the Alma Sonic?

gawntrail

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 26, 2019, 09:45:41 am

Book it!   8)

Back side slot dragging across behind the LBs for a gain of 18.

...And Justice For HOGS

Fake 23 blast with a backside george reverse like their lives depended on it

SeldomHere

Bad snap to the right and Hicks looks for somebody to hand off to but empty space and then runs to the left for 3 yards.

LZH

Quote from: SeldomHere on August 30, 2019, 06:28:57 pm
Bad snap to the right and Hicks looks for somebody to hand off to but empty space and then runs to the left for 3 yards.

Hopefully, you're just channeling last season.

lakecityhog

I want to see us come out and run our standard RPO and take the play that they give us. Same for the D, come ready to work. Whip them at the LOS, stuff the run and hit the passer.

Show up for a day's work and work for 4 full quarters.

I would love to see us get far enough ahead to let the entire 2nd team O get at least 1 series in the first half. Call the game the exact same way that it was called for the 1st team. Let the 1's start the 2nd half and maybe after a series or 2 let Starkle run with the 1's for a bit. Later maybe get Jones some time under center with the 2's and 3's. If time permits give KJ some reps.

Oda Hamunaga

Tempo relies on a 4-9 yard run on first in a lot of systems. We see a run is what I normally would say.... Butt , my sister in law knows a friend that is a cousin with the guy that does the Morris family dry cleaning... we are buds. I expect to see a bomb on the right side.

SeldomHere

Quote from: LZH on August 30, 2019, 06:43:24 pm
Hopefully, you're just channeling last season.
That play has become so ingrained that acknowledging it is my first step of processing it to the past.

LZH

Quote from: SeldomHere on August 30, 2019, 07:53:13 pm
That play has become so ingrained that acknowledging it is my first step of processing it to the past.

Who needs twelve steps when you only need one or two?

ambien_sky

What is that play called to where the quarterback hands it off, the running back goes forward and then tosses it back to the quarterback for a long pass? A flee flicker or something? It will be that one. They want to make a big first impression. 😊

SeldomHere

Quote from: LZH on August 30, 2019, 08:12:22 pm
Who needs twelve steps when you only need one or two?

My liver will never be the same because of that play. Purging.

LZH

Quote from: SeldomHere on August 30, 2019, 08:22:35 pm
My liver will never be the same because of that play. Purging.

Aw cuz, stay with us.  One of these years we will actually enjoy drinking because Arkansas will be bad ass again.

The OTR

I'd be okay with almost any first play as long as it is a gadget play.

txswine

Pat Goss

Go_Hawgz!!!

I don't want trickeration.

Give me a standard play from a standard package.

Run the offense.

seasonhog

Quote from: Pat Goss on August 24, 2019, 07:57:23 pm

The first play, could be the " Wild Boarnado " but my guess we will save for Miss....