Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UF Game Day Predictions

Started by Razorod, January 17, 2018, 05:32:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorod

Long overdue, I think the Hogs take down the Gators in Gainesville.

Hogs 77
Gators 76
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

hobhog

Refs will screw us and we lose by 15.

bhogs05

cardsNhogs

Florida by 20 and refs will have nothing to do with it.

cal34

3of5-2

Quote from: cardsNhogs on January 17, 2018, 08:04:31 am
This right here.

DemiHOG

Haven't won in Gainesville since '95, we are a horrible road team. Gators win win easily. Our lack of defense and teamwork will really shine.

TNhawgfan

If we come out flat again, we lose by 20. If we don't, we keep it close and lose by the spread of 6 or 7
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

raz1965

I will go against the grain an say the hogs play well an pull away for the victory.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

RagingHawgOn

porkinsons disease

This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

Kamkaizen

Someone on the Gators team will probably have the best night he's had in a long time and the Hogs will probably shoot very poorly.  I think it will be a similar narrative to other road games in that the Hogs won't get many opportunities at the free throw line.  Many of the opportunities they get will probably be missed, though, considering this team's free throw percentages lately.  I don't think the Hogs will be able to create many turnovers, but I do think they will commit more than they usually do.  I think the Hogs will lose by double digits tonight. 

Hawg Red

I'm probably being foolish here, but I just feel like A) we're due to win down there B) the team is fired up to start making a push towards the top of the league and C) I just don't think Florida is really all that good this year. No doubt, the Hogs will have to absolutely play their A game to win because we know they have to outplay Florida and play well enough to overcome the officiating (you can say this about any road, to be clear -- not some kind of preemptive excuse).

One thing that does concern is something that others might look at as a positive for our chances -- KeVaughn Allen is playing the absolute worst basketball of his life. His last 4 games -- 4.25 PPG (!!!!), 1.25 RPG, 3 APG (actually not that bad), 0.5 SPG, 29.2 FG%, 21.4 3PG%, and.......0 (ZERO) free throw attempts. And he's averaging 26.5 MPG over this stretch. That's about 4 minutes off his seasonal average, but he's out there most of the game. It would be our luck for him to erupt out of this slump against the Hogs. But if he's really down in the funk still? Go for the jugular.

hawgball40

remember that time when #31 blew the game winning layup in gainesville. That's something that has carried out throughout #31's career. Hopefully he bucks that trend today. #31 with the game winner at the buzzer, Hogs 73 Gators 70

Oliver

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Dropkick

I predict a hard fought game with the refs screwing us over at the end. Followed by FCJ ranting about the calls and Hogsanity defending the zebras.
UF 75-71

Derjen

I'm traveling 2.5 hours with my boys to watch it. Hopefully, the Hogs keep it close and win it at the buzzer.   77-76

hogsanity

Quote from: Dropkick on January 17, 2018, 09:54:13 am
I predict a hard fought game with the refs screwing us over at the end. Followed by FCJ ranting about the calls and Hogsanity defending the zebras.
UF 75-71

Nah, I'll let FCJ look stupid on his own.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BDSCT51

I see no reason to think we don't score at least 65 just like last game.

Little lizards = 93
Bleeding Razorback Red

razorchick73

Paul

Vegas has Gators-6...i'm laying the 6.  easy money

Hawg Red

Quote from: Derjen on January 17, 2018, 10:00:57 am
I'm traveling 2.5 hours with my boys to watch it. Hopefully, the Hogs keep it close and win it at the buzzer.   77-76

Hope you and the boys have a great drive back after a memorable road win for the Hogs. It's time to break this streak.

redleg

Arkansas has not beaten the Gators in Gainesville in 23 years...I do not see that losing streak ending tonight (although I hope it does).

Hogs - 73
Gators - 80
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Champs04

I feel like we are winning this game.

BannerMountainMan

Y'all are no fun. Predicting Florida to win by +20, sad.
Hogs 78 Gators 73. WOO PIG.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Triple T

gmarv54

hogs 84 gators 76. C.J. Jones gets untracked and the subs play a major role in the win.

Atlhogfan1

Florida is not the team they could have been this season if Egbunu could have played.  Now missing Gak.  No reason to not play this game at least close. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

jkstock04

Based off our recent play I feel like we will have to score at least 90 points to win the game. Basically we are gonna have to shoot lights out.....like we were doing at the beginning of the year.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

RazorPiggie

Quote from: hobhog on January 17, 2018, 07:56:13 am
Refs will screw us and we lose by 15.

We get screwed by the refs often when we lose.

The Hogfather

Kevaughn Allen will have his best game of the season with 20+ points (even though he'll have to shoot 100 shots and 35 FTs to get there).  The refs will call an inordinate number of fouls on us and basically zero on them.  Florida will win by 23 points.

PygmalionEffect2

First, let's analyze all the relevant data we currently have available in order to make as accurate a prediction as possible.

Fact #1.
It's a basketball game between the Florida Gators and the Arkansas Razorbacks and it's being played in Gainesville Florida.

Ok, I think that will do it.

Gators - Too much
Hogs   - Not enough
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

jabber71

Arkansas up by 10 at the half, then down by 2 with 5 min to go end up winning by 7 
8) 8)
You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

waphill

Somebody always breaks out of a slump when we play on the road. That player tonight is Allen. We will foolishly try to press, and Florida's PG could break our press moonwalking. This will lead to a ton of open shots. Our guards will get selfish, and rely on 1-on-1 spot up 3's. We'll shoot a horrible percentage, and have few trips to the line because we didn't take it to the rim. Florida by 15.

phadedhawg

I think this one is gonna get ugly early and stay there late.

Florida 83
Arkansas 59

Pigasaurus

Fla-38 fts shot
Ar- 10 fts shot.
Game over
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Breems

Hogs win a @USCe-ish game like last year tonight. 76-69
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

okrazorback

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 17, 2018, 12:26:00 pm

yes. Every time we lose . haha

bighog2255

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 17, 2018, 12:26:00 pm

Not really. More like....narrow-minded hog fans choose to blame the refs instead of looking at the real issues when we lose.

870hog

razorpimp

I like Breems optimism!!!!

Hogs - 68
Gators - 86

See what I did there

Little Lady Back

As always, Florida is a tough matchup for Arkansas esp. at their house. Hope I'm wrong but 80-70 Gators.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

jst01

This one will be a channel changer by 3:00 to go in the 1st half.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Relevant Program - 82
1-on-1 Hero Ball - 65

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Quote from: jst01 on January 17, 2018, 02:51:01 pm
This one will be a channel changer by 3:00 to go in the 1st half.

This is spot on.  On the road, it's either over right after tip-off, or less than 5 minutes into the game.

I fully expect the same result this evening.

cityhog

Quote from: cardsNhogs on January 17, 2018, 08:04:31 am

This sounds about right. I don't see us winning a road game this year.

cityhog