Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

There could realistically be 5 SEC West teams with new HC's next year

Started by ThisTeetsTaken, October 31, 2017, 11:20:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisTeetsTaken

Auburn, Arkansas, Mississippi, aTm, & Mississippi State could all have new coaches next year.  Imagine SEC media days next year if that happened.   Talk about a wild west football season in 2018.   Not to mention the East.  Missouri, Tennessee, & Florida could all have new coaches also.   Arkansas could face as many as 5 teams next season with first year head coaches. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

rhames

Couldn't there actually be six?

Nvm. Forgot about Ed's buyout lol.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Granny fan

I could believe all of those except Miss State.  Don't think Mullen will leave.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Granny fan on October 31, 2017, 11:21:23 am
I could believe all of those except Miss State.  Don't think Mullen will leave.
Some think Mullen may be going to Florida.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Granny fan

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 31, 2017, 11:22:07 am
Some think Mullen may be going to Florida.

I know, but he sure seems happy in Starkville.  Florida is a pressure cooker.

The NewEra

Quote from: Granny fan on October 31, 2017, 11:26:37 am

On this one I agree with you Granny.  Florida would do well to get Mullen and Mullen would be wise to stay clear of Florida.

SDZ_Hog

Wouldn't it be crazy if Gus and Sumlin get fired, Mullen and Saban get hired somewhere else and Long keeps CBB.    I know it's a very long shot that Saban ever leaves Bama for another job and I doubt he retires this year.

Joe_Shmo

DeltaBoy

Mullen's wife loves MSU and Starkville and He is like Saban is with his wife Miss Terry what the girls want they get.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

sowmonella

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 31, 2017, 11:44:46 am
Mullen's wife loves MSU and Starkville and He is like Saban is with his wife Miss Terry what the girls want they get.

What the hell is wrong with Mrs. Mullen? No one in their right mind loves living in Starkville.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

ipigsooie

Am i mistaken or did mullen not want out of Msu a year or two back but really didnt get any offers? If Gainesville comes calling and offers him the job he will take it. I dont care what his wife says. Florida is a top 10 job. No way he passes that up.

Dropkick

Found this tidbit on volnation board

"On another note. Last evening, I was talking with a friend whose father is very much an insider of the Arkansas football program (his company gives $2 - 3 million annually to AUs athletic dept.). They are said to be firing their HC at the end of the season, and going after USCe's coach."

247Hog

Quote from: Dropkick on October 31, 2017, 04:51:09 pm

"On another note. Last evening, I was talking with a friend whose father is very much an insider of the Arkansas football program (his company gives $2 - 3 million annually to AUs athletic dept.). They are said to be firing their HC at the end of the season, and going after USCe's coach."

Muschamp?
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

hogfooey

If the Hogs are wrong!  I don't want to be right!

parallaxpig

Quote from: Granny fan on October 31, 2017, 11:26:37 am

Mullen interviewed for last two Florida job openings.....I think he wants the job.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

lawhawg20

I feel like that has even less credibility than the insiders on HV.  Besides, why would Muschamp leave USCe for Arkansas?  I mean, I would, but I was born and raised in the Natural state. 

Dropkick

Quote from: lawhawg20 on October 31, 2017, 04:58:53 pm
I feel like that has even less credibility than the insiders on HV.  Besides, why would Muschamp leave USCe for Arkansas?  I mean, I would, but I was born and raised in the Natural state. 
It's obviously BS. I just thought it was bizarre.

East Clintwood

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 31, 2017, 11:20:14 am
.  .  . 
Arkansas could face as many as 5 teams next season with first year head coaches. 

And all of them better than Bert.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

rhames

Why wouldn't they just say Muschamp lol

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

PorkSoda

why would an arkansas football insider be donating millions to Auburn and post on a Tennessee message board? 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

hogblitz

Interesting.  If memory serves me right, the rumor was that Muschamp was hours away from being hired at Arkansas and Petrino swooped in at the last minute.  This is why Muschamp was so intense on the sideline as DC with Texas and Texas ran up the score on us.  Does anyone remember this rumor?