Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Excuse For the Loss

Started by yraciv, March 16, 2018, 04:43:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

yraciv

Quote from: lookawayquick on March 16, 2018, 05:02:27 pm
Horrible D, low basketball IQ, watch me offense and a coach that will not adjust.  Hate to say it but I'm ready for this senior class to move on.  Underachievers.

I asked best excuse. That is 4.

Beaverfever

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 16, 2018, 04:55:02 pm
Jordan had a plan to take away our strength (Barford and Macon) and make us beat Butler with our weakness - which was the 3 and 4 positions. It was a great plan and it worked. Our plan was to make Butler prepare for us, which I think is what Mike Anderson says is his plan for every game.
I thought Barford and Macon had good looks all day and made nothing.  Honestly it looked like everything was there for the taking against butler and they just beat the hell out of us.  They even got frazzled at our press and the refs were letting both teams hack.  You couldn't have drawn it up any better.

Section B

Butler played as an actual team while as usual we played as a bunch of individuals.  As a result if we don't shoot lights out we can't beat an actual team. It's been that way and will continue to be that way...  unfortunately. If I was Daniel Gafford and I knew I was going to get drafted high I would already be out the door.
Quote from: wocraig on February 23, 2009, 09:34:42 PM
"This is the beginning of a major character flaw with American society.
If this feeling of entitlement is allowed to fester, our republic will not be maintainable.
We need a grassroots movement encouraging personal responsibility and the reiteration that government only provides equality of opportunity... NOT EQUALITY OF OUTCOME." 

Amen brotha.

yraciv

Quote from: Beaverfever on March 16, 2018, 05:11:33 pm
I thought Barford and Macon had good looks all day and made nothing.  Honestly it looked like everything was there for the taking against butler and they just beat the hell out of us.  They even got frazzled at our press and the refs were letting both teams hack.  You couldn't have drawn it up any better.

You saw it same way I did.

txkhog

Quote from: HardCore on March 16, 2018, 05:07:29 pm
We have no consistent shooters.  Great shooting hides many weaknesses

[Great defense is the major missing ingredient of this team. There are other deficiencies, but defense is number 1.

Section B

Quote from: lookawayquick on March 16, 2018, 05:02:27 pm
Horrible D, low basketball IQ, watch me offense and a coach that will not adjust.  Hate to say it but I'm ready for this senior class to move on.  Underachievers.

Much like Bielema in football you can thank our "nice" guy coach for the underachieving part.  Either he doesn't know how to get the most out of his players or can't get their attention enough to push them beyond their potential.  Either way it's own him.
Quote from: wocraig on February 23, 2009, 09:34:42 PM
"This is the beginning of a major character flaw with American society.
If this feeling of entitlement is allowed to fester, our republic will not be maintainable.
We need a grassroots movement encouraging personal responsibility and the reiteration that government only provides equality of opportunity... NOT EQUALITY OF OUTCOME." 

Amen brotha.

Boardon Hamsay

We were looking ahead to 1994 ???
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

hawgtahm

bigyellowdog

raz1965

Players missed to many shots, started game tight.

sooie dog

TheEnemy

This is Mike Anderson Basketball.  We reached his ceiling.

Hawgphish

Our perimeter defense philosophy is "hope they miss" didn't hold up.

hoglady

Quote from: Beaverfever on March 16, 2018, 05:11:33 pm

Yes - the game was there for the taking all we had to do was make some shots and we didn't.
Barford, Macon, CJ just couldn't hit.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Kevin

the players get to have spring break
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

code red

Mike and the boys were celebrating the return of the 94 Champ ring.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

bigyellowdog

Quote from: EcatsR on March 16, 2018, 05:05:23 pm
They picked us up when we got off the damn bus!

+1

Been waiting for us to make good on that Anderson promise for 7 years.

lynbug

pigroots

Biggest reason....purpose. What were we trying to accomplish on offense? I still don't know after watching the game.   On defense what or who were we trying to take away from them? We play without purpose most of the time. One exception this year was the Alabama game. You could see what we were trying to do and it worked. Need more purpose in our program

tennesseehogwild

Got down, 21-2. spent a lot of energy getting back in it and it looked like the tanks ran dry down the stretch.

CATSRKINGS

Where o where are you tonight I searched the world over and thought I'd found a real
Team you met another and pffft you was gone Good Night Arkansas

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 16, 2018, 04:47:13 pm
Dustin Thomas left and took the high times with him.

We were scared to be in Detroit

Ugly uncle said we would win

But I told you!!!!  If I think we are going to win...we always lose!!!!
Retired Radio Host

Mike is never going to put the fear of failure in his team.  I thought he might someday get it, but I am wrong.  You simply do not get to this point in any season and blow up, hell no, you weren't ready and failure was an option.  This is us, no damn excuses, this is us.  Enjoy it or don't but don't make poor assed excuses for the umptenth time we roll snake eyes again. 

THIS IS OUR COMFORT ZONE, GETTING OUR ASSES KICKED AGAIN.  IF WE WON'T TO EVER BETTER, WE NEED DIFFERENT COACHING, PERIOD. 

synthartist69

Poor shooting.... we needed to score more than 80 points which is Butler's average.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: alohawg on March 16, 2018, 04:47:48 pm
Lot's of reasons, but no excuse for this in year 7 with a senior laden team. The number 1 reason is the head man.
BINGO! A coach we just gave a contract extension. Yeehaa!🧐

ChicoHog

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 16, 2018, 04:55:02 pm
Jordan had a plan to take away our strength (Barford and Macon) and make us beat Butler with our weakness - which was the 3 and 4 positions. It was a great plan and it worked. Our plan was to make Butler prepare for us, which I think is what Mike Anderson says is his plan for every game.
I don't think we ever have a plan for the other team.  Kudos to Butler, their coaching staff and players.  Much better prepared and executed well. 

ChicoHog

Quote from: hoglady on March 16, 2018, 05:51:13 pm
Yes - the game was there for the taking all we had to do was make some shots and we didn't.
Barford, Macon, CJ just couldn't hit.
Basketball does come down to making shots more than the the other team obviously but when the shots aren't falling you need to adjust.  We never adjust. 

lg1989

March 16, 2018, 06:39:58 pm #78 Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 07:53:56 pm by lg1989
Frank the Razorbacks!!! I've been watching these losers since 1980. I'm done...Good riddance..biggest choke artists in history of organized sports. Maybe Greg Marshall can get it right for the rest of the followers.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 16, 2018, 04:47:38 pm
Shooting 35% will lose a game EVERYTIME, but let's complain about coaching when we have Jones missing wide open threes and Gafford air balling turn around hook shots.

I didn't see much coaching to complain about.  Throw a bunch of 3pt shooters on the court with one nice pro prospect and hope between them they can shoot and block their way out of every coaching deficiency this program has suffered for years.  It worked enough in the regular season to get this teem over-seeded in the NCAA tourney.  Not just my opinion, the opinion of all those millions who picked Arkansas as the most obvious upset victim. 

Now its start over and build back to at best the same result on two or three years.

fieldturf

Missed Mike Anderson Jr on the sidelines helping his dad. 

roothawg

31to6

Quote from: yraciv on March 16, 2018, 04:43:51 pm
Only list the top reason you think we lost today. Go!
Charles Barkley picked us to go to the E-8.

Smalltownhog95

Because pepsi, no special teams, no defense, and the fat man... Oh shoot wait this is jump ball...
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: bigyellowdog on March 16, 2018, 05:39:42 pm
Need some men's.

No sweet 16 appearances until this is our BWA pre game, intro music? ???

I fear things may be worse than we think.....
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Tejano Jawg

Everyone distracted with all the talk—and threads—about Gafford going pro.  :)
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Steelhawg

"All things good or bad will come to an end. Except time."Roger Waters

hoglady

Quote from: ChicoHog on March 16, 2018, 06:35:40 pm
Basketball does come down to making shots more than the the other team obviously but when the shots aren't falling you need to adjust.  We never adjust. 

Not much to adjust when no one can hit a wide open shot.
We did adjust our defense and get back in the game and actually take the lead - that lead could have been extended by hitting a few of the wide open 3's. No reason we should have gone in at halftime behind.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: EcatsR on March 16, 2018, 05:05:23 pm
They picked us up when we got off the damn bus!

Also, that bear kicked Mikey's butt - yet again.

Arkygrocer

cal34

Quote from: 12247 on March 16, 2018, 06:08:23 pm
Mike is never going to put the fear of failure in his team.  I thought he might someday get it, but I am wrong.  You simply do not get to this point in any season and blow up, hell no, you weren't ready and failure was an option.  This is us, no damn excuses, this is us.  Enjoy it or don't but don't make poor assed excuses for the umptenth time we roll snake eyes again.

Yes, you can watch him getting onto them in the huddle & they are looking around like he's not even there.  Reminds me of Stan Heath.

theFlyingHog

hammy davis jr

Butler is only 275 miles from Detroit and in the same time zone. Arkansas is 880 miles and different time zone. Jet lag got us.

Paul

Quote from: revolution on March 16, 2018, 04:45:16 pm
Coach Anderson did not get his team prepared and ready to play.

These are the facts, and they are indisputable.

Yamahog

Paul

Quote from: Bogghawg on March 16, 2018, 05:01:26 pm
Literally not a concern in the world to rebound.  Literally no indication that they understand the consequence of second chance points and multiple consecutive possessions by the opponent.  Literally no effort, no pride, no understanding of some of the very most fundamental basketball principles.
Quotewe don't need no stinking fundamental basketball principles!

Knot2brite

We are who some of us thought we were. A underachieving team with little fundamentals. It isn't a excuse...it is a reality and has been since MA started here as head coach. But don't let that dim the bright lights that the MA fan train is shining because truth pisses people off around here
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

HeyHogs

steveaustin69

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 16, 2018, 04:47:38 pm
Shooting 35% will lose a game EVERYTIME, but let's complain about coaching when we have Jones missing wide open threes and Gafford air balling turn around hook shots.

Had to take contested shots because we dont run an offense. Martin had 27. Let them shoot 42% from 3. Lose the rebound battle by TWENTY.

Yeah. I'm a dick for saying fire mike though.

Hope yall are happy. This is the ceiling. Hate to say I told you so.

fullfan

CMA has not had enough time to get his players in yet....