Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why did Derek Ruscin leave the Morning Rush radio show?

Started by RedSkiesAtNightHog, March 15, 2018, 01:56:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RedSkiesAtNightHog

I thought he was generally very entertaining on that program.  Just curious?

kibster

Quote from: RedSkiesAtNightHog on March 15, 2018, 01:56:25 pm
I thought he was generally very entertaining on that program.  Just curious?

Probably talked too much sports.  That is a general no-no for morning programs, at least in Central Arkansas.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

RazorPiggie

I think he is taking a marketing job at a company in NWA. He's good but getting up at 3am and driving an hr to go to the office 5 days a week would get old pretty fast and he's been doing it for 10 years.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 15, 2018, 02:13:03 pm
I think he is taking a marketing job at a company in NWA. He's good but getting up at 3am and driving an hr to go to the office 5 days a week would get old pretty fast and he's been doing it for 10 years.

This. Took another job. Has young kids. Tired of the 3am wake up calls, I'm sure.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

PorkRinds

March 15, 2018, 02:34:37 pm #4 Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 05:40:46 pm by PorkRinds
Today was his last day I think. Being replaced by John Nabors, who I actually prefer. Ruscin's schtik was annoying. Dude was a prick just to be a prick sometimes.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 15, 2018, 02:34:37 pm
Tofu was his last day I think. Being replaced by John Nabors, who I actually prefer. Ruscin's schtik was annoying. Dude was a prick just to be a prick sometimes.
This is correct.  Bring on the Rowdy Gentleman.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

ricepig

Tofu was his last day I think. Being replaced by John Nabors, who I actually prefer. Ruscin's schtik was annoying. Dude was a prick just to be a prick sometimes.

Pretty sure Tofu would have done me in too.

Racinray

The grind of the job for 10 years and a new job. Wish him well in his new adventure.

redleg

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Quote from: redleg on March 15, 2018, 03:37:25 pm
Don't know, don't care.

I nominate this as the stupid post of the day!  A human being actually took the time to read this thread and then type that response! 

PorkRinds

Quote from: ricepig on March 15, 2018, 02:49:37 pm
Pretty sure Tofu would have done me in too.

Lol. Tofu is actually pretty good. But yeah. DYAC.

USChog

I liked Ruscin, but my lord DTS is just one continual advertisement. On the air for 10 minutes 8 of which is ads and then they cut to a commercial break.

jacobp

Today was his last day I think. Being replaced by John Nabors, who I actually prefer. Ruscin's schtik was annoying. Dude was a prick just to be a prick sometimes.
Just getting back at the world for being laughed at when he used to cry on UATV.
Dude sucks

Ugly Uncle

Really good guy.  I always enjoyed talking with him at games.  Not many radio guys came to games back when I first started.  He made more than most.
Retired Radio Host

Porked Tongue

Any move that gets you away from Tommy Craft is a promotion.

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

14erHog

Quote from: RedSkiesAtNightHog on March 15, 2018, 03:46:06 pm
I nominate this as the stupid post of the day!  A human being actually took the time to read this thread and then type that response!
You don't read MMQB much if you nominate this as stupid post of the day.
We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer.
Zakk Wylde

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.
Thomas Jefferson

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: USChog on March 15, 2018, 06:51:55 pm
I liked Ruscin, but my lord DTS is just one continual advertisement. On the air for 10 minutes 8 of which is ads and then they cut to a commercial break.

This just in on the  Keathley Service  Live Fan Feedback.....geez.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Porked Tongue on March 15, 2018, 07:00:46 pm
Any move that gets you away from Tommy Craft is a promotion.

C'mon man. Don't get personal. Just wish DR well and be done with it.

PorkRinds

Quote from: jacobp on March 15, 2018, 06:55:46 pm
Just getting back at the world for being laughed at when he used to cry on UATV.
Dude sucks

Oh man. Tell me this story.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 15, 2018, 08:56:08 pm
C'mon man. Don't get personal. Just wish DR well and be done with it.
Just an astute observation.

(notOM)Rebel123

Porked Tongue

HogFoo

I wish he'd take Nick with him.  I dont like him since he and marcus monk were trying to pull fast ones on the state by getting sponsorships for putting on basketball with the premise that it may help keep Malik home.  i hate hearing his voice. i hate hearing him speak of hog stuff especially with them doing what they did. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Porked Tongue

Quote from: HogFoo on March 15, 2018, 10:04:00 pm
I wish he'd take Nick with him.  I dont like him since he and marcus monk were trying to pull fast ones on the state by getting sponsorships for putting on basketball with the premise that it may help keep Malik home.  i hate hearing his voice. i hate hearing him speak of hog stuff especially with them doing what they did. 
Nick is pain.  Squeaky whiny voice and a virtual reality of posturing.
Another reason I dont listen.

PorkRinds

He sounds like a munchkin.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Porked Tongue on March 15, 2018, 09:51:16 pm
Its only shared with those who read it.

"Take the high road; it's far less crowded."
Warren Buffett

CFB_Fanatic

Yep. Every day its the exact same.

Commercial break from 4:00 (top of the hour) until 6 minutes after. Then they read a spot on the air for another commercial. Around 4:08 (8 minutes after the top of the hour) the show actually starts. Then you get 21 minutes of sports talk.

Then at the mid hour (4:30) another commercial break, this one for 6 minutes, then another on air advertisement. Show starts back at 4:37. Then 8 minutes of sports talk, followed by another break at 4:45 followed by more on air commercial spots for Red River Dodge or UCP. Show starts back at 4:52. Then 6 minutes of sports talk, and back to the top of the hour to start all over again.

You can set your watch by it. In any give day, there is maybe 25 minutes of actual sports talk per hour. The rest is either advertisements or Rick telling ridiculously unfunny jokes and Randy talking about things nobody in the world cares about (like the Yankees).

010HogFan

I knew I couldn't be the only one. Can't stand hearing the guy talk since all of that happened. He barely even played here to begin with. He made one stupid behind the back pass in a blowout and that's the only "highlight" I can remember him ever having. He regularly has some of the most wildly inaccurate takes I have ever heard.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Ruscin....DTS? You know Ruscin wasn't on the same station as drive time sports, right?  But yes the constant advetisements get old. From the seductions lingerie studio (family friendly huh?) to guests sponsored by various companies ( wally hall and deltic timber, trey biddy and macks prarie wings/asher wrecker service, etc)
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

The_Iceman

I loved listening to Derek and Tommy. Reminded me of sitting at the bar talking sports with my buddies. They had a lot of the same jokes and references that I use and so it felt familiar. I like John Nabors as well and look forward to him talking over.

micali

I'm glad. Couldn't stand the way he said Toyots. It's Toy-ota not Toe-yota. Drove me crazy. Rant Over. Glad he's moving on not my favorite.  I like when Tyler Wilson is on because he is the voice of reason on that shiw. Tommy is good.

Grizzlyfan

His bit a few weeks ago talking about seeing Jeff Long in a restaurant and worrying that there was going to be some kind of awkward confrontation.  I'm willing to bet Jeff Long just doesn't know Ruscin from Adam. 

hoghiker

Everyone's a critic on Hogville. Does anyone like anyone on here?

Hog_Swanson

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Pork Ranger

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on March 16, 2018, 09:18:32 am
His bit a few weeks ago talking about seeing Jeff Long in a restaurant and worrying that there was going to be some kind of awkward confrontation.  I'm willing to bet Jeff Long just doesn't know Ruscin from Adam.
If you listened to the entire segment, Jeff knew exactly who he was and talked to him.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 16, 2018, 08:13:54 am
I loved listening to Derek and Tommy. Reminded me of sitting at the bar talking sports with my buddies. They had a lot of the same jokes and references that I use and so it felt familiar. I like John Nabors as well and look forward to him talking over.
+1

ricepig

hogsanity

I love all you keyboard tough guys saying he sucks at what he has been doing. Most of you likely couldn't put two words together without using 27 and ums, and/or ya knows ( if even then ) and could not carry a conversation for 30 seconds let alone do it 5 days a week for 10 years when all he has to work with every day is Arkansas radio callers.

I never met the guy and likely never will, but he did his job well. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on March 16, 2018, 10:09:07 am
If you listened to the entire segment, Jeff pretended to know exactly who he was and talked to him so he would go away.
Fixed it for you.

JethroB.

Quote from: micali on March 16, 2018, 08:23:06 am
I'm glad. Couldn't stand the way he said Toyots. It's Toy-ota not Toe-yota. Drove me crazy. Rant Over. Glad he's moving on not my favorite.  I like when Tyler Wilson is on because he is the voice of reason on that shiw. Tommy is good.

I didn't have any issues with his verbiage, it was just him in general that got on my nerves. Just the way he would act like anybody that called in knew absolutely nothing. Personally i don't know the guy and this is the only impression i've had from him. I'm sure some of that is to generate pub like some of the people that call into Bo's show. I do think Tyler Wilson does a good job on the show.

hogsanity

Quote from: hoghiker on March 16, 2018, 09:25:54 am

They think they would be the best radio host/d1football/baketball coach/nfl gm/nba talent scout/pbp guy/referee ever. Yet none of them are in any of those positions.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Busta_Nutt

"Your Local Rowdy Gentleman" is such a terrible way to describe ones self. Seems like the type of guy who used to go to the high school parties but was no longer in high school.

Congrats to him, though.

ricepig

Quote from: hogsanity on March 16, 2018, 10:23:55 am
They think they would be the best radio host/d1football/baketball coach/nfl gm/nba talent scout/pbp guy/referee ever. Yet none of them are in any of those positions.

And you can 100% sure of this how? Now, it's not impossible, just not probable.

HogFoo

Quote from: hoghiker on March 16, 2018, 09:25:54 am
i didn't mind derek. He was kind of a peckerhead sometimes tho. But, who isnt? Haha.  Nick on the otherhand, he was an idiot. A walkon who as one poster mentioned had the one behind the back pass in a blowout.  And they had him as the main expert on basketball?  Heres the deal tho. I could be ok with that if he and his pal marcus didnt try to screw the state over!  When he did that , im done.  He was dead to me.  They were trying to keep it quiet and acted like Arkansas had a chance to get Malik.  They KNEW he was going to UK! Heck, i knew it, ive mentioned it before, one of my nephews was friends with Malik and he told me a year before he was going to UK, that he spoke about it all the time, and yet Marcus and Nick would go looking for sponsor money saying it might do well in helping keep Malik in arkansas.  They knew all along he was never playing for the Hogs!  Their plan was to act like he was all the way until signing day so that he wouldn't catch any heat from Hog fans, then on late signing day, he'd pull a UK hat switcheroo and pick the UK hat and leave everyone at Arkansas surprised.   That was their dbag plan!

Thats why anyone who takes up for them shouldn't. Cuz they are bad people!  And even tho i think Crapilari is a dirty sleezebag, i give him credit in that he came in the Sunday after Malik visited Fayetteville  and told the Monks they needed to quit with the charade, he needed to announce for UK and sign in early signing period, and thats exactly what Malik did, he announced the next day, and signed with UK that Wednesday!  And he caught heat the way he deserved. 

As for nick, we have to hear his whiny , sleezey voice on the radio talking about the hogs like he gives a crap about the hogs.  He doesnt. Listen at him speak about the hogs.  So yeah, i wish derek would take Nick with him.  How Nick even got hired after that to talk about the hogs is amazing to me. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: hogsanity on March 16, 2018, 10:15:41 am
I love all you keyboard tough guys saying he sucks at what he has been doing. Most of you likely couldn't put two words together without using 27 and ums, and/or ya knows ( if even then ) and could not carry a conversation for 30 seconds let alone do it 5 days a week for 10 years when all he has to work with every day is Arkansas radio callers.

I never met the guy and likely never will, but he did his job well.
You mean umm, Nick Mason?

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogsanity on March 16, 2018, 10:23:55 am

And you pretend to be better and smarter than everyone else. We've all got our own little quirks it seems.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on March 16, 2018, 10:15:55 am
Fixed it for you.
You didnt fix anything. Ruscin was on his way to the car and Jeff called out to him by name. Listen to what people have to say instead of listening for mistakes/things you disagree with

Dillon23

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on March 16, 2018, 11:15:31 am
You mean umm, Nick Mason?
[/quote
Quote from: 010HogFan on March 15, 2018, 11:27:44 pm
I knew I couldn't be the only one. Can't stand hearing the guy talk since all of that happened. He barely even played here to begin with. He made one stupid behind the back pass in a blowout and that's the only "highlight" I can remember him ever having. He regularly has some of the most wildly inaccurate takes I have ever heard.

You talking......about, about, Nick Mason....who ummm...who ummm...talks like....this...Expesually, whem ummm....talking about.....basketball?