Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Your Most Hated Team?

Started by Peter Porker, January 13, 2018, 04:23:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Which team do you hate the most and why?

Alabama (11 straight victories vs Arkansas)
LSU (drunk Cajuns are the worst)
Auburn (cheaters gone cheat)
Texas (spit)
Notre Dame (always preseason Top 25)

hawginbigd1

I'm a Hog OG, it will always be Texass ::hornsdown::

LRRandy

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on January 15, 2018, 02:22:20 pm
Mine was always ND and Texas in a tie.  Then LSU when I got a little older, after some horrible fan experiences. 

FFWD a little more, and it has now become OSU.  A big part of that was from a businees trip I took there years ago.  At dinner, the subject of football came up.  I was expecting a rational conversation.  I didn't even get the first sentence out that included the words "Ohio State" before I was glared at, and corrected, that it was THE Ohio State University.  No way I'm letting that go...so I said, "Yeah, Ohio State...the Buckeyes.  Named after a tree.  Everyone knows who you are...what's the "THE" for?"  I was expecting a background story.  Nope.  What I got was another glare, demeaning laugh, and "It's about respect, and we've earned it." 

I'm not joking...I thought he was kidding, and jerking my chain.  I proceeded, because at this point NO WAY I'm letting that go.  "No really....is it because of Ohio University and a possible mix-up, maybe OSU being Oklahoma State or Oregon State...or what's the deal?"  At this point, the guy was genuinely offended, and ALL I had done is ask questions.  I was amused...he wasn't.

I REALLY wanted to say, "Seems kind of pompous to me that you want to add a "THE" as if that adds prestige or something, but I guess if you feel the need to distinguish yourselves despite being named after a tree, then that's your prerogative," but I genuinely think he would have taken a swing at me.   ;D 

Urban Meyer's smug face is the perfect fit for OSU, and it just adds to my reasons for disliking them.  Every year he managed to lose a game they should win, and I'm reminded about how much of a chump he was for leaving Florida when the going got too tough.       
or it could simply be THE name of THE school. 😀
This is fun, isn't it.

PonderinHog

Quote from: 247Hog on January 13, 2018, 07:58:32 pm
I'm neutral about Notre Dame but majority seem to hate them. Honest question, what is the beef with them every has?
The Inquisition...

LRRandy

This is fun, isn't it.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on January 15, 2018, 10:51:38 am
I don't care much for Bama, but I don't hate them.  After traveling there for a game when they weren't so great, I saw their "true" fans, and was actually impressed with how they treated us as guests.  I firmly believe that a large portion of their most vocal fanbase are folks that became fans after they started having success.

For me, it's LSU.  Their fans are pretty obnoxious when LSU is middle of the pack, and are intolerable when they are in the upper tier of the SEC.  I've attended more Ark/LSU games than any other Ark/insert-any-SEC-school games (including a trip to death valley), and cordial LSU fans just seem to be in the minority.

I get the history with Texas, but it's hard to hate a team we rarely play.  If I'm going to hate on a team we don't play, it'd likely be ASU.  I've met so many of their "fans" that have so much hatred for the U of A, but they really don't even keep up with ASU.  In a recent conversation with some ASU fans, they poked fun at the hogs for not making it to a bowl and hiring a coach from SMU.  I asked "what bowl did ASU go to?" and they didn't even know.  I also brought up that our "SMU coach" beat ASU this year and things got quiet.  I tried to talk about ASU's non-conference record and they got freaking hostile.  But I still don't hate them....they are just perpetuating what they've been taught.
regarding the paragraph you wrote about Bama, you need to stop sniffing glue

Hog N Bama

Quote from: HogPharmer on January 15, 2018, 05:19:27 pm
In what way is Bama cheating? I'm not saying they aren't but everyone just assumes that just because they are good, then that must mean they are cheating. We know what Bucky Beaver did at Ole Miss. We know Cam got his big payday at Auburn. I've just never seen any evidence that Bama is cheating.
Dude take the blinders off.

The_Bionic_Pig

January 17, 2018, 08:27:24 am #156 Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 08:58:24 am by The_Bionic_Pig
When any of the SEC teams against other opponents starts getting Sports Center highlights, it doesn't bother me...when Texas (spit) starts getting national recognition of any kind "It irks me" even if we never cross paths with them in competition.

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

yraciv

Oklahoma - You can't grow up on the Arkansas side of the border and not hate them
Texas - Though I don't have any recollection of old SWC games (although I attended a few as a young child); this was ingrained in me from my grandfather since birth
LSU - This has been the closest thing we've had to a SEC rivalry. Close games, trophy on the line, and I once attended a game in Baton Rouge where I wasn't treated to kindly.
UNC - Due to the athletic program academic scandal, history of hoops greatness, and getting off with a slap on the wrist
Penn State - For obvious reasons.

Other than that the popular one's I don't understand:
Auburn - I guess if you hate Malzahn and maybe Cam, but they haven't had the cheating scandals (just accusations). They really haven't had many big games with us, and I find most Auburn people I've come across to be pretty good people. I'll laugh at seeing Gus lose games he shouldn't at this point, but I just don't get the hate.

Notre Dame - Do you hate them because they are constantly overrated? Do you hate them because of Lou Holtz? Or do you hate them because they are Independent and broadcast every week? I get there may be some rationale behind it, but to me they are just an old football program that hasn't won darn since I was born. I like the traditions, the campus is gorgeous, and going to a game there is like a throwback.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: yraciv on January 17, 2018, 08:35:41 am
Notre Dame - Do you hate them because they are constantly overrated? Do you hate them because of Lou Holtz? Or do you hate them because they are Independent and broadcast every week? I get there may be some rationale behind it, but to me they are just an old football program that hasn't won darn since I was born. I like the traditions, the campus is gorgeous, and going to a game there is like a throwback.

I LOVE it that ND has fallen on hard times in recent DECADES.   ;D    Let's review. 

They played as an independent so they can cherry pick their schedule.  They have NBC's contract for all of their games.  They are the only team that can lose a close game and MOVE UP in the polls, based solely on ANCIENT success and built in popularity based on their Catholic affilliation.

And last but not least, they WHINE incessanlty when they don't get what they feel they deserve, when they get more than ANY other program in the country with regard to respect based on phantom rationale.  It's one thing to benefit from privilege, but it's another to whine about it.  That's where OSU has moved past them for me...they are now the WORST about whining thanks to Urban Meyer.   

Those are just a few of my reasons for having ND number 2.   ;D   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Hog N Bama on January 17, 2018, 06:24:45 am
Dude take the blinders off.

I don't have blinders on, but I'm also not a PI out investigating every other team in the country that is better than us... I don't have time to comb through the personal lives of every football player in the last 6-10 years that has played for every team that's better than us and see what kind of car they drive. I was simply saying I personally haven't seen any evidence that Bama has cheated or is cheating. I also said that just because I haven't seen any evidence of it, that doesn't mean they aren't. But the majority of people just jump to the conclusion that just because a team is good, then they must be cheating.

Also, it's really not that difficult to get enough money in student loans that will pay a car payment... Especially for a Chrysler product.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: HogPharmer on January 17, 2018, 12:13:49 pm
I don't have blinders on, but I'm also not a PI out investigating every other team in the country that is better than us... I don't have time to comb through the personal lives of every football player in the last 6-10 years that has played for every team that's better than us and see what kind of car they drive. I was simply saying I personally haven't seen any evidence that Bama has cheated or is cheating. I also said that just because I haven't seen any evidence of it, that doesn't mean they aren't. But the majority of people just jump to the conclusion that just because a team is good, then they must be cheating.

Also, it's really not that difficult to get enough money in student loans that will pay a car payment... Especially for a Chrysler product.

They have a history of issues, but I'm inclined to be closer to your side of the fence in recent times.  I think they have recruits wanting to come there to the point that there's no need to cheat, or at least knowingly cheat.  NO ONE is going to convince me that we don't have donors at every SEC school that are breaking the rules, and that's including the UA.  I'm not condoning it, but I'm just saying that those things go on, and I don't believe the coaches are privy to it and they don't WANT to be privy to it...if you know what I'm saying. 

What I do wonder is this.  Bama comes to a kid's door.  They convince them that they are coming to a school that only takes the best athletes, assembles them, wins championships, and then sends them on to the NFL.  When you look at it, they don't send a disproprortionate amount of kids to the NFL.  So...at some point, I wonder if kids will ever start to think, "You know...if Bama really is only taking who they perceive to be the best, not everyone can be the best and be on the field.  Maybe I'm smarter to go to a school like Arkansas where the odds are I'll start for at least 2-3 years if I can't go pro before that, and not have to worry with being stuck behind a guy that may truly be the best.  There's more than one left guard in the NFL, so I just need exposure and development." 

Yet...it doesn't happen often.  Kids go to Bama, and despite probably having the ability to start at many other schools, they ride the pine most of their careers.  I guess it's the ego thing...'I'm the best, and I'll show them that...and I want to be a part of a NC team." 

Saban just has a finely tuned machine running, and until he retires, it's going to be more of the same. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on January 17, 2018, 08:27:24 am
When any of the SEC teams against other opponents starts getting Sports Center highlights, it doesn't bother me...when Texas (spit) starts getting national recognition of any kind "It irks me" even if we never cross paths with them in competition.

Sweet Texas cobra action right there.  lol
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

HogPharmer

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on January 17, 2018, 01:03:00 pm
They have a history of issues, but I'm inclined to be closer to your side of the fence in recent times.  I think they have recruits wanting to come there to the point that there's no need to cheat, or at least knowingly cheat.  NO ONE is going to convince me that we don't have donors at every SEC school that are breaking the rules, and that's including the UA.  I'm not condoning it, but I'm just saying that those things go on, and I don't believe the coaches are privy to it and they don't WANT to be privy to it...if you know what I'm saying. 

What I do wonder is this.  Bama comes to a kid's door.  They convince them that they are coming to a school that only takes the best athletes, assembles them, wins championships, and then sends them on to the NFL.  When you look at it, they don't send a disproprortionate amount of kids to the NFL.  So...at some point, I wonder if kids will ever start to think, "You know...if Bama really is only taking who they perceive to be the best, not everyone can be the best and be on the field.  Maybe I'm smarter to go to a school like Arkansas where the odds are I'll start for at least 2-3 years if I can't go pro before that, and not have to worry with being stuck behind a guy that may truly be the best.  There's more than one left guard in the NFL, so I just need exposure and development." 

Yet...it doesn't happen often.  Kids go to Bama, and despite probably having the ability to start at many other schools, they ride the pine most of their careers.  I guess it's the ego thing...'I'm the best, and I'll show them that...and I want to be a part of a NC team." 

Saban just has a finely tuned machine running, and until he retires, it's going to be more of the same.

I agree with that fully. I'm definitely not defending/arguing that Bama isn't cheating. As you mentioned, they are at such a level that they don't have to pay kids off to come to their program. Maybe they did when Saban first got there, I don't know.... But when your program is as dominating as theirs has been the last decade, you're more likely to have recruits willing to pay you to come there rather than the other way around.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Mjs84

USC and their blonde headed qbs flopping despite espn and their crush on them.

Mjs84

Sportsguy

I'm gonna catch some heat for this, but.....

I live in Oklahoma City. You'd think I'd have disdain for OU, but I don't. I actually respect their programs and fans. They literally don't give us a thought. Growing up, hearing my family hate on OU, I thought there was reason why, but could never get an answer outside of arrogance, they used to cheat, etc. I'm younger so that stuff didn't happen really during my years, outside if ages 1-5 or so.
I think it has a lot to do with us neighboring OK and them being successful in all the big sports and most of us want that so bad it creates some jealousy. I get that. Trust me. We used to be similar sized states in population. OK and Texas are blowing up in population growth so that changed.

I don't envy them. I want that on The Hill in a bad way. The way they hire their coaches and hit on everyone of them starts with their AD. Joe Castiglione is prob the best AD in college athletics. We need one like him. Once you have a leader at the top you will see success in all your programs.

Trust me, I used to hate OU like some of you. Living here changed that. They are fairly informed fan base and cordial, even when I wear my hog stuff to their games. Like I said, they don't give a second thought about us.

I do have disdain for Texas, LSU, Mizzou, AND, USC,  Bama and A&M.

PigPusher

Texas always. No explanation necessary for those that have been a Hog fan for many, many years. Texas, meaning the fans and players, used to treat us like we were cow dung on their boots. In the 1969 game they even resorted to throwing whiskey bottles out of the stands when they though they were going to lose. One barely missed one of our players. Beginning of the end to liquor in the stadium. Insults from the Texas fans abounded as we were filling out of the stadium. :puke:
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

PigPusher

Quote from: PigPusher on January 18, 2018, 11:57:09 pm
Texas always. No explanation necessary for those that have been a Hog fan for many, many years. Texas, meaning the fans and players, used to treat us like we were cow dung on their boots. In the 1969 game they even resorted to throwing whiskey bottles out of the stands when they though they were going to lose. One barely missed one of our players. Beginning of the end to liquor in the stadium. Insults from the Texas fans abounded as we were filling out of the stadium. :puke:
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: Sportsguy on January 18, 2018, 01:30:53 am
I'm gonna catch some heat for this, but.....

I live in Oklahoma City. You'd think I'd have disdain for OU, but I don't. I actually respect their programs and fans. They literally don't give us a thought. Growing up, hearing my family hate on OU, I thought there was reason why, but could never get an answer outside of arrogance, they used to cheat, etc. I'm younger so that stuff didn't happen really during my years, outside if ages 1-5 or so.
I think it has a lot to do with us neighboring OK and them being successful in all the big sports and most of us want that so bad it creates some jealousy. I get that. Trust me. We used to be similar sized states in population. OK and Texas are blowing up in population growth so that changed.

I don't envy them. I want that on The Hill in a bad way. The way they hire their coaches and hit on everyone of them starts with their AD. Joe Castiglione is prob the best AD in college athletics. We need one like him. Once you have a leader at the top you will see success in all your programs.

Trust me, I used to hate OU like some of you. Living here changed that. They are fairly informed fan base and cordial, even when I wear my hog stuff to their games. Like I said, they don't give a second thought about us.

I do have disdain for Texas, LSU, Mizzou, AND, USC,  Bama and A&M.

I'd like to see us play occasionally in football. It will be interesting to see what kind of success Morris has competing with them more on the recruiting trail.

Most of the hate I think many have is due to Switzer coming into Arkansas and getting top recruits like Keith Jackson, Eric Mitchel and Mark Hutson. The Sooners were well known cheaters at that time. I seem to recall them recruiting Fort Smith pretty hard in those days too.

pigture perfect

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on January 17, 2018, 08:27:24 am

the only time I like texas or their fans are when they pose like this. #surrendercobra
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

TheRazorback500

Gotta be LSU. I'm nine miles from the LA line and tired of hearing it. Go Hogs.
Do you wanna get Rocked?