Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nba Finals thread

Started by Dr. Starcs, June 02, 2016, 08:19:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jry04

Quote from: clutch on June 19, 2016, 11:50:35 pm

What is your point? He didn't grasp it, he hit it. The ball isn't above the cylinder, it is to the right of it. Not sure if you were posting to support what I said or not, but it clearly shows what I described, as does the replay. For it to be a goaltend, he would have had to grasp the rim to support himself making the block, touch the rim while the ball is above the rim (cylinder), or hit it after it hit the backboard. None of that occurred. If he doesn't touch the rim there to slow his momentum down, there was a decent chance he hit his head on the rim or backboard as fast as he was going and as high as he got up.

Quote from: clutch on June 19, 2016, 11:53:09 pm
I think James was the MVP too. He lead all players in every stat for both teams. Kyrie didn't just have 1 great game though. He played out of his mind the whole series. James did what was expected of him, but Irving was the difference maker. This thing doesn't get past game 5 if Irving doesn't have that insane shooting game he had.

Again, James was the MVP. What Irving did wouldn't have mattered if James wasn't there, but Irving was the key piece to getting the Cavs over the hump.
I never said Kyrie played one good game. I was responding to where you said you thought Kyrie should have been MVP that game. I was just replying that the MVP isn't for that game, it is for the series.

Bebop

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on June 19, 2016, 09:44:20 pm
I hated Lebron in Miami and the way it all went down, but after that I'm Coming Home letter I kinda started pulling for him. That and I got sick of hearing about the Warriors run and shoot offense.

That's the same sentiment that I share about Lebron. He knew Cleveland wasn't going to be an easier place to win at but decided to come back anyway. Got respect him for that even after the Miami ordeal.

cityhog

Glad for Lebron and Cleveland. No matter how you feel about him, coming back from a 1-3 hole is nothing short of amazing.

Dr. Starcs

In fairness, golden st was missing a significant starter for each of the last 3 games.

Once green and bogut were gone, Cleveland was able to attack the rim and glass at will.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on June 20, 2016, 08:58:24 am
you forgot Bryant

PP

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 20, 2016, 09:51:35 am
You did forget Tim Duncan

C'mon guys! lol. the list was not meant to be exhaustive. Dang.
Hogs up! Covid down!

clutch

Quote from: jry04 on June 20, 2016, 10:06:44 am
What is your point? He didn't grasp it, he hit it. The ball isn't above the cylinder, it is to the right of it. Not sure if you were posting to support what I said or not, but it clearly shows what I described, as does the replay. For it to be a goaltend, he would have had to grasp the rim to support himself making the block, touch the rim while the ball is above the rim (cylinder), or hit it after it hit the backboard. None of that occurred. If he doesn't touch the rim there to slow his momentum down, there was a decent chance he hit his head on the rim or backboard as fast as he was going and as high as he got up.

I never said Kyrie played one good game. I was responding to where you said you thought Kyrie should have been MVP that game. I was just replying that the MVP isn't for that game, it is for the series.

No point. I was just posting a picture for the discussion. Chill out, Go eat a snickers.

And if you are going to quote me at least get the everything correct. I wasn't the one who said Kyrie should be MVP, for one game or the entire series. I was actually agreeing with you. Lebron fans get so defensive.

hoglady

Never been a Lebron fan - but he earned that Championship.
An impressive display by him for sure.
Glad for the Cleveland fans - they've waited a long time for this.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hoglady on June 20, 2016, 04:01:29 pm
Never been a Lebron fan - but he earned that Championship.
An impressive display by him for sure.
Glad for the Cleveland fans - they've waited a long time for this.

No jerseys burning this time. All of those voices muted.
Hogs up! Covid down!

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 20, 2016, 02:58:12 pm
In fairness, golden st was missing a significant starter for each of the last 3 games.

Once green and bogut were gone, Cleveland was able to attack the rim and glass at will.

Green was there for two of the games. They still had Ezeli as a rim protector. Losing Bogut really did hurt because he was able to score just enough to justify more minutes. Ezeli was an either defense or no offense choice.

But I didn't hear anyone taking away from what the Warriors accomplished last season or giving Lebron a break for playing the finals with a truly decimated roster.

Let the champs have their day in the sun. It took 100 games to get there.

Hawg Red

I'd like to see a rubber match next June with healthy rosters (and a more mature Draymond Green). If Cleveland can figure out a way to win with Kevin Love as an integral part of the roster and not in spite of his poor fit (not his fault), they could reel off another couple championships in the next few years.

hoglady

I'm glad I don't have to listen to crazy talk about Golden State being the best team ever.
At least, by losing that notion has been put to bed - where it should have been all along.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hogwood

LeBron is the King. Curry is just a flashy player on a flashy team. The truth is LeBron James could probably be the MVP every year but the NBA doesn't want to give all their awards to one player. And I really think Cleveland would've beat GSW last year if they had Kyrie and Love, but it made this year so much sweeter. Congrats to LBJ and Cleveland. Watching him cry was moving. It was like literally seeing the pain and suffering of Cleveland fans being lifted off of one man's shoulders. LeBron is a heck of a guy for coming back and working so hard to get a championship in Cleveland. I can only imagine the summer the folks in Cleveland are going to have.

On another note, I think this cements James as one of the top 10 greats for sure - no debate about it. Top 5 is still a little tough to crack. If he can win next year too I would put him in the top 5. Right now my top 5 is Jordan, Russell, Magic, Kareem, Bird. Hard to kick anyone off of that list, but if anyone will it will be LeBron.

A great year for basketball fans. The NCAAC with the Villanova buzzer beater was amazing. One of the best championship games ever. Then this historical and story-filled Finals for LeBron and the Cavs. Amazing!

clutch

Quote from: ShadowHawg on June 20, 2016, 04:25:51 pm
Green was there for two of the games. They still had Ezeli as a rim protector. Losing Bogut really did hurt because he was able to score just enough to justify more minutes. Ezeli was an either defense or no offense choice.

But I didn't hear anyone taking away from what the Warriors accomplished last season or giving Lebron a break for playing the finals with a truly decimated roster.

Let the champs have their day in the sun. It took 100 games to get there.

I agree. GS can't really use the "we weren't healthy" argument because they spent the whole year saying how it didn't matter that the Cavs were banged up last year.

clutch

Quote from: hogwood on June 20, 2016, 05:32:28 pm
LeBron is the King. Curry is just a flashy player on a flashy team. The truth is LeBron James could probably be the MVP every year but the NBA doesn't want to give all their awards to one player. And I really think Cleveland would've beat GSW last year if they had Kyrie and Love, but it made this year so much sweeter. Congrats to LBJ and Cleveland. Watching him cry was moving. It was like literally seeing the pain and suffering of Cleveland fans being lifted off of one man's shoulders. LeBron is a heck of a guy for coming back and working so hard to get a championship in Cleveland. I can only imagine the summer the folks in Cleveland are going to have.

On another note, I think this cements James as one of the top 10 greats for sure - no debate about it. Top 5 is still a little tough to crack. If he can win next year too I would put him in the top 5. Right now my top 5 is Jordan, Russell, Magic, Kareem, Bird. Hard to kick anyone off of that list, but if anyone will it will be LeBron.

A great year for basketball fans. The NCAAC with the Villanova buzzer beater was amazing. One of the best championship games ever. Then this historical and story-filled Finals for LeBron and the Cavs. Amazing!

I've got to admit, I'm a little disappointed that we won't get to see what decision Lebron was going to make regarding his future in Cleveland if they didn't win a championship this year. I've been very curious as to how that would turn out ever since he was caught on camera telling Wade that if they didn't win this year they were going to link back up.

This championship might have saved his legacy in more ways than 1. Leaving Cleveland again would have been a dagger to his legacy.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hogwood on June 20, 2016, 05:32:28 pm

Darn right! I would add the historic season the Warriors had to that list as well. They fell short of capping it off, but it was an entertaining run.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: ShadowHawg on June 20, 2016, 08:23:52 pm
Darn right! I would add the historic season the Warriors had to that list as well. They fell short of capping it off, but it was an entertaining run.

Was this a bigger let down than the Patriots losing to Giants in the Super Bowl after coming in at 18-0 and only the 2nd team in NFL history to complete an undefeated regular season and the first to win 16 regular season NFL games?
Hogs up! Covid down!

Dr. Starcs

Close, but golden st had a really tough series against okc to even get to the finals. Then, had green suspended for game 5 and bogut out injured for games 6 & 7. Combine that with curry needing knee injury in the offseason and I really think they just ran out of steam. The cavs cake walked through the east again.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: FineAsSwine on June 20, 2016, 10:36:41 pm
Was this a bigger let down than the Patriots losing to Giants in the Super Bowl after coming in at 18-0 and only the 2nd team in NFL history to complete an undefeated regular season and the first to win 16 regular season NFL games?

Not at all. The Warriors played 100 games. That is a ton tougher than having to win 20 or less.

Secondly, they did suffer a tough loss in Bogut at a crucial point in the series. The whining over Green is just that, whining. But Bogut was just good enough on offense to play more minutes and protect the rim in doing so than Ezeli could. Kerr talked about that in the post game. He said when he went with the def lineup, they had trouble scoring. When he went with the lineup that could score they had trouble defending.

Warriors were playing against the best player in the world. The Patriots lost with pretty much all hands on deck and TWO of the best guys in the NFL at the time. Much bigger let down, IMO.

jry04

Quote from: clutch on June 20, 2016, 03:04:27 pm
No point. I was just posting a picture for the discussion. Chill out, Go eat a snickers.

And if you are going to quote me at least get the everything correct. I wasn't the one who said Kyrie should be MVP, for one game or the entire series. I was actually agreeing with you. Lebron fans get so defensive.

You quoted me with the picture. I didn't know if you were agreeing or disagreeing. I clearly stated that in my response when I said I wasn't sure if you were supporting my response. If you were, then disregard it.

For some reason I thought it was you that said the part about Kyrie being MVP, but it was alohawg. My mistakes.