Nba Finals thread

Started by Dr. Starcs, June 02, 2016, 08:19:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hog.goblin

Can't believe I'm rooting for Lebron

Hogimus Prime

I don't know bout yall but my heart is pounding

TomasPistola

Cleveland better duck and cover, there is gonna be some couches on fire tonight.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

alohawg

Irving and James delivered when it counted most.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Fort Dweller

Quote from: hog.goblin on June 19, 2016, 09:36:18 pm
Can't believe I'm rooting for Lebron

I'm rooting for the chit hole of a town
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

PonderinHog

Unprecedented comeback.  Let it out, Lebron.  You deserve it.

hog.goblin

Quote from: TomasPistola on June 19, 2016, 09:37:00 pm
Cleveland better duck and cover, there is gonna be some couches on fire tonight.

No kidding, but let's hope it's not too bad

alohawg

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on June 19, 2016, 09:36:23 pm
I don't know bout yall but my heart is pounding

God bless Cleveland! Congrats to them boys  they earned it! History made indeed.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

TomasPistola

I think Kyrie and Lebron should be dual MVP's. I don't think they make it to game 7 without him.
You were right.
You did a great job.
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Hogimus Prime

Wow what a comeback.  Odds stacked against them and they did it

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

PonderinHog

Look at those arms on that guy! 

hog.goblin

Quote from: Fort Dweller on June 19, 2016, 09:37:31 pm
I'm rooting for the chit hole of a town

As a Bulls fan I really wanted anyone to knock off GS.  And I really don't like their style of jacking up 3s, even though they are good at it.

Hogimus Prime

I hated Lebron in Miami and the way it all went down, but after that I'm Coming Home letter I kinda started pulling for him. That and I got sick of hearing about the Warriors run and shoot offense.

jry04

Alohawg said he doesn't care who wins, but bashes LBJ and Cleveland, and cries about calls all game long in this thread. You must be miserable right now.

TomasPistola

Adam Silver just seems slimey to me. Oh and does it seem like Doris is always grumpy?
You were right.
You did a great job.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: TomasPistola on June 19, 2016, 09:49:01 pm
Adam Silver just seems slimey to me. Oh and does it seem like Doris is always grumpy?

Silver is slimey and shady like Stern.  Doris annoys me

HiggiePiggy

So do you think there will be another rematch next year or does someone beat golden state in the playoffs next year?
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

TomasPistola

I would like to congratulate Kevin Love for getting a ring. Never has anyone played that many minutes and deserved it less! Muehahahah!
You were right.
You did a great job.

PonderinHog

Quote from: TomasPistola on June 19, 2016, 09:57:24 pm
I would like to congratulate Kevin Love for getting a ring. Never has anyone played that many minutes and deserved it less! Muehahahah!
Think of it more as a participation trophy!  He did make that two down the stretch!

Big Nasty 34

Nobody can say LeBron doesn't have talent in Cleveland. Irving is outstanding and very young.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: TomasPistola on June 19, 2016, 09:57:24 pm

Onion put out a headline just now "teammates sheepishly tell Kevin Love no plans for after game party."

Greatness!

alohawg

Quote from: jry04 on June 19, 2016, 09:47:57 pm
Alohawg said he doesn't care who wins, but bashes LBJ and Cleveland, and cries about calls all game long in this thread. You must be miserable right now.

Neither team is my team and really didn't care. I did start to pull for the Cavs as the game progressed though, thus the criticism of James. 9/24 fg% and 5 turnovers is not a greal game 7 performance. However he redeemed himself at the end with a tremendous block and clinching ft. I'm happy for Cleveland, they earned it in the end. Personally I would have called Irving mvp for this game.
So no, not miserable, sorry.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

McKdaddy

LeBron James: led all players on both teams in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks in series

per espn twitter
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

McKdaddy

Quote from: McKdaddy on June 19, 2016, 10:05:50 pm
LeBron James: led all players on both teams in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks in series

per espn twitter

He is the first player in NBA history to lead all players in all five categories for an entire playoff series
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: McKdaddy on June 19, 2016, 10:08:22 pm

He is the first player in NBA history to lead all players in all five categories for an entire playoff series

Unreal

Fort Dweller

Quote from: McKdaddy on June 19, 2016, 10:08:22 pm

And that run down block will be "the play" they show over and over.  Kyrie's 3 was the biggest shot, but that block was on another level of greatness.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: Fort Dweller on June 19, 2016, 10:29:31 pm
And that run down block will be "the play" they show over and over.  Kyrie's 3 was the biggest shot, but that block was on another level of greatness.

Honest question, should the block have been goaltending? His left hand hit the rim..

Dr. Starcs

I thought it did too.
Not sure what the proper call is.

Absolute choke job by the unanimous MVP and the warriors. Green balled out, but his bonehead shot to the groin in game 4 is what sealed the deal here. That and losing bogut for the last two.

Splash brothers couldn't do jack when somebody got physical with them.

jry04

Quote from: alohawg on June 19, 2016, 10:05:31 pm
Neither team is my team and really didn't care. I did start to pull for the Cavs as the game progressed though, thus the criticism of James. 9/24 fg% and 5 turnovers is not a greal game 7 performance. However he redeemed himself at the end with a tremendous block and clinching ft. I'm happy for Cleveland, they earned it in the end. Personally I would have called Irving mvp for this game.
So no, not miserable, sorry.
The MVP isn't for a game, it is for a series. LBJ was hands down the MVP over 7 games.

jry04

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on June 19, 2016, 10:36:10 pm
Honest question, should the block have been goaltending? His left hand hit the rim..
Ball wasn't above the cylinder, and he didn't grasp the rim, so no. Had he grabbed it, it could have been called.

clutch

Quote from: jry04 on June 19, 2016, 10:53:38 pm
Ball wasn't above the cylinder, and he didn't grasp the rim, so no. Had he grabbed it, it could have been called.

clutch

Quote from: jry04 on June 19, 2016, 10:51:04 pm
The MVP isn't for a game, it is for a series. LBJ was hands down the MVP over 7 games.

I think James was the MVP too. He lead all players in every stat for both teams. Kyrie didn't just have 1 great game though. He played out of his mind the whole series. James did what was expected of him, but Irving was the difference maker. This thing doesn't get past game 5 if Irving doesn't have that insane shooting game he had.

Again, James was the MVP. What Irving did wouldn't have mattered if James wasn't there, but Irving was the key piece to getting the Cavs over the hump.

moses_007

Quote from: hog.goblin on June 19, 2016, 09:42:15 pm
As a Bulls fan I really wanted anyone to knock off GS.  And I really don't like their style of jacking up 3s, even though they are good at it.
Golden State has no game other than shooting 3s.  Cleveland flat shut that down the last 4:30.. and Golden State didn't score a single point during the last four minutes.

It appeared as both teams were physically and mentally exhausted with about 5 minutes left, and neither team could make a shot for the longest.  It seemed to stay on 89-all for an eternity.

Irving hit that big 3 pointer with 53 seconds left, and that was all she wrote for the Warriors.  It kinda reminded me of Scotty Thurman's huge 3 to beat Duke in 1994.

moses_007

That block was mighty close to being goal tending.  James did hit the ball BEFORE it hit the backboard, and the ball was still going up.  Had the ball hit the backboard first, it would have been goal tending.

alohawg

Quote from: jry04 on June 19, 2016, 10:51:04 pm

I didn't say it was. I just stated I would chose Irving as mvp of this particular game.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

ShadowHawg

If it could have been called goal tending Kerr would still be whining about it. No, it was not even close.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: alohawg on June 20, 2016, 01:16:47 am
I didn't say it was. I just stated I would chose Irving as mvp of this particular game.

There have only ever been 4 triple doubles in Finals game 7s and you would deny one of those four guys mvp for the game?

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Fort Dweller on June 19, 2016, 10:29:31 pm

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on June 19, 2016, 10:01:59 pm
Nobody can say LeBron doesn't have talent in Cleveland. Irving is outstanding and very young.

Nobody can claim Cleveland had any depth either. Of course there is talent, they are in the finals for crying out loud.

alohawg

Quote from: ShadowHawg on June 20, 2016, 01:36:45 am
There have only ever been 4 triple doubles in Finals game 7s and you would deny one of those four guys mvp for the game?

In just this one game, yes, I would give it to Kyrie. Dude made clutch shots at critical points all game, including the biggest shot in franchise history.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Lanny

Odd series, looked like Cleveland was out after two games and the game changed.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Buff

Quote from: Lanny on June 20, 2016, 06:16:29 am
Odd series, looked like Cleveland was out after two games and the game changed.

Delonte West is a proud daddy this morning.

FineAsSwine

Lebron has answered his critics in a big way. He legitimately is in the conversation with Jordan, Bird, Chamberlain, Russell, West, The Big O, as one of the best ever. Plus, he is a pretty good guy.

Ironically, this comes just a few weeks after his comment that he was no Ali (he's not) nor Jordan (book not closed on that one yet).
Hogs up! Covid down!

latrops

Quote from: alohawg on June 20, 2016, 03:35:51 am
In just this one game, yes, I would give it to Kyrie. Dude made clutch shots at critical points all game, including the biggest shot in franchise history.

OK?  It is a series MVP, not game MVP.... Though a triple double and his defensive impact (including that incredible late block) are certainly deserving even if it were just about game 7.

riccoar

Lebron cemented himself into Legend status.  That block was jaw dropping.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: alohawg on June 20, 2016, 03:35:51 am

They say there's one in every family.

It would also help to note that offense is only ONE aspect of the game. A guy that leads his team in every category but rebounds but still had double digits in that category played a much more complete game and held way more influence in putting his team in position to win. Irving himself said so in an interview after the game.

Irving had a special game, but still didn't score as many as Lebron and the block was probably an even bigger play because it would have changed the entire game at that moment to where the Cavs would have HAD to score just to extend the game. That's a totally different shot than shooting to break a tie.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: FineAsSwine on June 20, 2016, 07:36:26 am
Lebron has answered his critics in a big way. He legitimately is in the conversation with Jordan, Bird, Chamberlain, Russell, West, The Big O, as one of the best ever. Plus, he is a pretty good guy.

Ironically, this comes just a few weeks after his comment that he was no Ali (he's not) nor Jordan (book not closed on that one yet).
you forgot Bryant

PP

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on June 20, 2016, 08:58:24 am
you forgot Bryant

PP

Hardly. Bryant was definitely one of the great scorers but he was such an arse in the locker room that he held his teams down until they could amass nearly overwhelming talent around him. I mean, he was Shaq's sidekick, not the other way around and when he finally won without him it took four other lottery picks to get the job done.

I would take Wilt, Alcindor, Big O, Bird, Magic, Jordan, Elvin Hayes, Shaq, Russell, and even Lebron over Kobe all day long. As a matter of fact, the Lakers wanted Lebron over Kobe. They actually approached Cleveland about trading them straight across but Gilbert said no.

So no, Lebron would have to take a step back to be in a conversation involving Kobe.

Dr. Starcs

You did forget Tim Duncan