Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nba Finals thread

Started by Dr. Starcs, June 02, 2016, 08:19:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TomasPistola

Quote from: PonderinHog on June 16, 2016, 10:33:52 pm
Curry seems upset.

Don't totally blame him. Some terribly inconsistent officiating from game to game. Never seen him like that.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

HardingHog

Who's the little punk now? The "Baby Faced Assassin" ends his night as simply.. a baby

HiggiePiggy

Lots of bad calls on both sides. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

McKdaddy

Huuuuuge night from LeBron: 41 pts, 8 rebs, 11 assists, 4 steals, 3 blocks. Only 1 turnover.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

TomasPistola

You were right.
You did a great job.
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

HiggiePiggy

I think Lebron goes for 50 in the next game. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on June 16, 2016, 10:39:05 pm
Lots of bad calls on both sides.
Could you imagine trying to keep up with these guys and all they do?

McKdaddy

Quote from: McKdaddy on June 03, 2016, 07:59:21 am
I picked GSW in 7

A blind squirrel finds an acorn occasionally.

I'm just glad to get a 7th game, though the first 6 sorta stunk based on margin of victory.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

TomasPistola

Warriors are going to be in trouble in a Game 7 with Iggy hurt, Bogut out, and Draymon basically a head case....especially if Lebron keeps shooting like that.
You were right.
You did a great job.

Hawg Red

Last MVP to get ejected in a Final's game?

PonderinHog

If Cleveland wins game 7, it will be a first.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on June 03, 2016, 06:13:38 pm
OKC got absolutely embarrassed by San Antonio in the first game then went on to win the series. I am definitely rooting for GS, just saying it could still be a long, good series.

I'll just leave this here for all the "Sweep" people lol.

ShadowHawg

I love that this has gone to 7 games. I love both these teams.

Golden State is in trouble if Iguadola can't go. Losing Bogut hurt a lot defensively and Iguadola added to that would be devastating.

I loved LeBron punking Green down tonight. Hitting guys in the balls is the stuff of cowards. He hit Westbrook, Adams, and Durant in the series before this. The guy is a serial scrote mangler!

PonderinHog

Now, if Curry gets suspended for game seven...

Yeah, right.

thebignasty

I'd like to see the Warriors win, because I've pulled for Curry since he had Davidson in the tourney.

Part of me wants LeBron to go 50-10-10 and hit a game winner, so that people will shut up about whether or not he's good,  because the 'LeBron actually sucks' hot takes are pretty worn out.

Either way I'm good, and this has been a super fun series.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: thebignasty on June 17, 2016, 08:26:16 am
I'd like to see the Warriors win, because I've pulled for Curry since he had Davidson in the tourney.

Part of me wants LeBron to go 50-10-10 and hit a game winner, so that people will shut up about whether or not he's good,  because the 'LeBron actually sucks' hot takes are pretty worn out.

Either way I'm good, and this has been a super fun series.

And yet no close games lol

chiefhawg

Quote from: HardingHog on June 16, 2016, 10:37:43 pm
Who's the little punk now? The "Baby Faced Assassin" ends his night as simply.. a baby
Why in the heck would anyone as small as Curry with 5 fouls try to take the ball away from Lebron in the back court and get upset when called for a foul? That was dumb for even a high school player.

Dr. Starcs

Stephen A Smith is pulling for lebron, but even he said 3 of those calls were absolutely ridiculous.

ShadowHawg

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 17, 2016, 10:53:40 am
Stephen A Smith is pulling for lebron, but even he said 3 of those calls were absolutely ridiculous.

LeBron gets fouled nearly every time he gets to the goal and they don't call many. He literally got shoved in the stomach by Thompson on a dunk attempt he missed earlier in the series with no call. Heck even Green hit him in the nuts and threw a punch that didn't land just 6 feet in front of ref and the ref calls a double foul.

Breathe on Curry it's a foul. Jordan was not allowed to be accosted like LeBron.

Point is, it evens out in the end. Bad calls are part of the game.

chiefhawg

And no one comments about the phantom foul calls on Kevin Love.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: chiefhawg on June 17, 2016, 04:23:34 pm
And no one comments about the phantom foul calls on Kevin Love.

There were many bad calls on both sides. 

Dr. Starcs

I don't think the absence of love effects the cavs quite the same way as losing curry does for the warriors.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 17, 2016, 05:38:14 pm
I don't think the absence of love effects the cavs quite the same way as losing curry does for the warriors.

Love being gone is better for the cavs. 

hogwood

Quote from: McKdaddy on June 16, 2016, 10:39:48 pm
Huuuuuge night from LeBron: 41 pts, 8 rebs, 11 assists, 4 steals, 3 blocks. Only 1 turnover.

And Curry: 30pts, 1ast, 4 TOs, fouled out, poor leadership and defense. Not a lot of substance, just a bunch of points. IMO that's Curry in a nutshell.

EastexHawg

Yep.  He got in front of LeBron anticipating one of his bull rushes to the basket.   LeBron lowered his shoulder and ran over him and they called a block on Curry.  His last two were when he got a clean steal on Irving and whatever it was they called at the end against LeBron.

Curry has to better maintain his composure in that situation,  but to foul out on calls like those was brutal.

HiggiePiggy

He also got away with bogus calls during the game. The refs were calling a lot of fake fouls all night. 

ShadowHawg

Quote from: EastexHawg on June 18, 2016, 09:09:27 pm
Yep.  He got in front of LeBron anticipating one of his bull rushes to the basket.   LeBron lowered his shoulder and ran over him and they called a block on Curry.  His last two were when he got a clean steal on Irving and whatever it was they called at the end against LeBron.

Curry has to better maintain his composure in that situation,  but to foul out on calls like those was brutal.

BS. He made major contact with Irving just prior to slapping the ball away. It's how he was able to get to it cleanly. Even Mark Jackson pointed it out on the last replay. The foul occurred just prior to the reach. His last foul on LeBron was EXACTLY like a call they made on Irving when he batted a pass and both he and Curry went for the ball. Literally identical plays called the exact same way.

Curry is known for making stupid fouls at inopportune times. Those fouls had ZERO to do with the Warriors falling behind by 24, which is the real reason they lost. They miss Bogut protecting the rim and Iguadola hurting his back must have been part of the conspiracy as well.

hog.goblin

Game 7.  Time for Lebron to move closer to all-time greatest status, or fall a little further from it.

lefty08

Quote from: hog.goblin on June 19, 2016, 07:48:39 am
Game 7.  Time for Lebron to move closer to all-time greatest status, or fall a little further from it.

Nah, if they lose it wont be his fault. I can already see the posts on here about him being an underdog and the rest of his team is trash. Same thing, different season
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Hawg Red

Quote from: lefty08 on June 19, 2016, 09:23:03 am

Nah, if they lose it wont be his fault. I can already see the posts on here about him being an underdog and the rest of his team is trash. Same thing, different season

You're kidding, right? People have never needed an excuse to bash LeBron. He had plenty of supporters and plenty of detractors. He's a polarizing player. But I do think the consensus is that 2 titles is not enough to justify him being a top 5 player of all-time considering he didn't have an unbeatable force like Jordan and the Bulls or Russell and the Celtics to go through.

A win tonight is a major boost to his legacy and a loss will keep the detractors on his back.

hogwood

Quote from: lefty08 on June 19, 2016, 09:23:03 am

His team is certainly not trash. But LBJ is an underdog in this situation. He's playing against the defending champions who hold the all-time regular season win record at 73-9. I think they only lost 3 times in Oakland this year. The Cavs are the underdog and if they win tonight they will go down in history as bringing the city of Cleveland it's first title and becoming the first team to come back from 3-1 in the Finals.

Pulled(PP)pork

DAMMIT!  NBA Finals Game 7 and GoT Battle of the Bastards.......thank God for DVR

PP

alohawg

I honestly don't care who wins, just want a high intensity nail biter ending. A buzzer beater to win or lose will do.

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

PonderinHog

Quote from: hogwood on June 19, 2016, 11:31:14 am
His team is certainly not trash. But LBJ is an underdog in this situation. He's playing against the defending champions who hold the all-time regular season win record at 73-9. I think they only lost 3 times in Oakland this year. The Cavs are the underdog and if they win tonight they will go down in history as bringing the city of Cleveland it's first title and becoming the first team to come back from 3-1 in the Finals.
Like him or not, this is Lebron's 7th or 8th finals appearance in a row.  If he wants to be mentioned in the same breath with the great one, he has to take over game seven on the road.  He's has a few more seasons, but this one is big.  I'm kinda pulling for him, honestly.

hogwood

Quote from: PonderinHog on June 19, 2016, 01:41:51 pm
Like him or not, this is Lebron's 7th or 8th finals appearance in a row.  If he wants to be mentioned in the same breath with the great one, he has to take over game seven on the road.  He's has a few more seasons, but this one is big.  I'm kinda pulling for him, honestly.

It's his 6th in a row. 7th ever. Yes this is a must win for LeBron and his legacy. Still one of the greatest ever. But if he even wants a chance at cracking the top 5 he needs to win tonight, and then maybe one more title IMO.

alohawg

It just occurred to me that the tables of misfortune (injuries) have turned a bit, a 180° actually, from last year's finals between these teams. Cleveland just might pull off a first tonight.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Big Nasty 34

Curious to see how you guys feel about this. Anybody feel like the finals are rigged?

If warriors go on to win by double digits I might begin to wonder lol.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on June 19, 2016, 05:06:54 pm
Curious to see how you guys feel about this. Anybody feel like the finals are rigged?

crossed my mind, especially the way they started game 6....I told the wife they are probably just trying to get it back home to win in front of their fans.

PP

alohawg

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on June 19, 2016, 05:06:54 pm

Can one guy rig a game? Yes, I'm sure it has happened.....in the finals though, I'd be shocked.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Hogimus Prime

I just don't see Cleveland winning game 7 on the road. No team has comeback being 3-1 and won in the finals. Home teams are 15-3 in game 7s.  Beating Golden State three games in a row.  The deck is stacked against them.  Just don't see it happening.

Cornfed Pig

YOU SEE WE GOT THE POWER TO TURN BACK TIME,
THAT SHOW YOU MISSED LET'S JUST GO BACK AND FIND,

...IT'S THE POWER TO TURN BACK TIME!!!!!

alohawg

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on June 19, 2016, 07:28:31 pm
I just don't see Cleveland winning game 7 on the road. No team has comeback being 3-1 and won in the finals. Home teams are 15-3 in game 7s.  Beating Golden State three games in a row.  The deck is stacked against them.  Just don't see it happening.

Eventually it will happen, could be tonight.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: alohawg on June 19, 2016, 07:38:41 pm
Eventually it will happen, could be tonight.

Could.  It would be awesome.  It wouldn't surprise with the way Lebron has played the last couple of games.

hoglady

I'm pulling for the Cavs - just to shut up Ayesha Curry.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

lwillin

How was that a foul on Curry?

alohawg

Good grief, James is turnover machine so far. Really a crappy half for Cleveland, imo.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Buff

Quote from: lwillin on June 19, 2016, 08:12:10 pm
How was that a foul on Curry?

In no other sport, outside of this NBA, would that be a foul on him.  That was completely bogus.