The Running Thread

Started by Pulled(PP)pork, July 31, 2013, 06:18:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kingofdequeen

3.75 miles in 33:13.  Still cold.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: kingofdequeen on December 25, 2013, 11:28:20 am
3.75 miles in 33:13.  Still cold.
dude, when I was getting undressed yesterday to shower after my run, my shirt was covered in blood.  My nips got so chaffed and raw they bled.

PP

Pulled(PP)pork

been trying to push my limits by just a little each run, today was a tough one but got it done

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/420435737

Pulled out...

Coondog Hog

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on December 25, 2013, 06:53:38 pm
dude, when I was getting undressed yesterday to shower after my run, my shirt was covered in blood.  My nips got so chaffed and raw they bled.

PP

Put stick deodorant on them [CENSORED]
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Coondog Hog on December 27, 2013, 10:31:17 pm
I'll have to let them heal first......burrrrrrrrn

PP

hawgrunner

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on December 27, 2013, 07:06:19 pm
been trying to push my limits by just a little each run, today was a tough one but got it done

Pulled out...

Good job!

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on December 27, 2013, 07:06:19 pm

Pulled out...

to one up ya...i did 8 at 10:02.  :D

Pulled(PP)pork

who is starting a new running program for their resolution?

I will begin a new one tomorrow as my current one has gone to shite.  It will focus on weight loss and 10k preparedness.

Pulled out...

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on December 31, 2013, 05:26:56 pm

I will begin a new one tomorrow as my current one has gone to shite.  It will focus on weight loss and 10k preparedness.

Pulled out...

bout 1/3 thru my 13.1 training.  feeling good.

Delicious~Dreams

Yes....I have a few goals.  Disappointed that I didn't meet one that I had set for myself.

I only ran around 300miles in half a year so I'm hoping to increase that considerably.

PintailKiller

Pulled out...

Yes- get back to my 1000 miles a year pace.  I wanted to run a 1/2 marathon this year, but failed- so I will resume that goal. 
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

hawgrunner

Pulled out...

Getting ready for another 50K but this one will be with a little more climbing say like 4,000' of elevation gain.

Pulled(PP)pork

bunch of hardasses youse are, #NEVERYIELD!!

PP

Pulled(PP)pork

I've taken these past few posts as a challenge, and will not sign up for the Nashville Tn Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon in April

Pulled out...

kingofdequeen

5 miles on treadmill tonight.  wanted to kill self.

GS99

Quote from: Coondog Hog on December 27, 2013, 10:31:17 pm

gel.  Like Right Guard Xtreme Sport gel.  I use it on my feet and chafe-prone areas too.

Delicious~Dreams

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on January 01, 2014, 08:49:33 am
I've taken these past few posts as a challenge, and will not sign up for the Nashville Tn Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon in April

Pulled out...
I thought it was the other way around.  Sign up!  It would be a great goal. 

I have added some squats to my cross training.   I hope it helps.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Delicious~Dreams on January 03, 2014, 12:55:33 pm
I thought it was the other way around.  Sign up!  It would be a great goal. 

I have added some squats to my cross training.   I hope it helps.
haha, I should really proof read my posts

PP

kingofdequeen

10 miles today in the rain.  Cold.  Miserable.  Invigorating.

Pulled(PP)pork

damn, and I just switched to inside for the treadmill

3.5mi in 40mins.  this training program has me running really slow, almost a brisk walk, for starters.

PP

Coondog Hog

Quote from: kingofdequeen on January 05, 2014, 07:11:39 pm
10 miles today in the rain.  Cold.  Miserable.  Invigorating.

Nice Work.

I went 7 and half yesterday, but it wasn't chit for cold compared to today. 
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Coondog Hog on January 05, 2014, 09:26:40 pm
Nice Work.

I went 7 and half yesterday, but it wasn't chit for cold compared to today. 

the rain and wind is was hurt.  but it was great training.  never know what race day will present.

Coondog Hog

I'm running the Hogeye 1/2 in March I hope winter is over by then
  - Ronald Reagan

-Ronald Reagan

hawgrunner

Quote from: Coondog Hog on January 05, 2014, 09:49:34 pm
I'm running the Hogeye 1/2 in March I hope winter is over by then

any PR planned?

kingofdequeen

5 mi on the indoor track tonight in a little under 45 min...pretty fast for me.

Coondog Hog

- Ronald Reagan

-Ronald Reagan

Coondog Hog

Quote from: kingofdequeen on January 07, 2014, 08:58:54 pm
5 mi on the indoor track tonight in a little under 45 min...pretty fast for me.

I ran 3 outside Monday night and 5.25 tonight.  Tonight was perfect, last night froze my left nut.
  - Ronald Reagan

-Ronald Reagan

Coondog Hog

Quote from: rock642 on January 07, 2014, 10:20:33 pm
Personal Record

Oh No nothing like that.  This will be my first 1/2 marathon I just want to finish running without having to walk anywhere. I'm a little over a month into a 16 week training program I guess my time goal would be anything under 11.5 min/ mile pace.  I'm that kinda slow .
  - Ronald Reagan

-Ronald Reagan

hawgrunner

Quote from: Coondog Hog on January 07, 2014, 10:29:47 pm
Oh No nothing like that.  This will be my first 1/2 marathon I just want to finish running without having to walk anywhere. I'm a little over a month into a 16 week training program I guess my time goal would be anything under 11.5 min/ mile pace.  I'm that kinda slow .

walk/run is a great way to do a race.

http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/run-walk/

Coondog Hog

I'm doing an all running program I've jogged 10.5 before so I should be able to run 13 in 3 months training
  - Ronald Reagan

-Ronald Reagan

Delicious~Dreams

That's what I'm hoping for by the end of the year!   Good Luck!  (:

I ran the other morning....weather app said it felt like 7 degrees.   I actually didn't feel cold.  I enjoyed it!

Pulled(PP)pork

Still using the treadmill, with ice on the road, it was my only option.

2.65/25min doing speed intervals

PP

Delicious~Dreams

I ran slight elevation of only 128 for the past couple of days.   My legs can tell it.    I really need to run more. 

Pulled(PP)pork

my brother in law ran the Mississippi Blues Marathon this morning, in 3:39.  I iz jealous

PP

hilljack

I recently changed from Brooks to Newton running shoes as brooks changed the shoe I usually wear.  Newtons are a different type of shoe that promote more of a forefoot strike vs a heel strike.  After several short runs in the new shoes, I decided to step up the mileage.  So 2.5 miles into a 5 mile run the other day, both calves gave me a big F-You and cramped up something fierce.  It's been 4 days and I'm finally starting to walk like a normal person.  :-)

Delicious~Dreams

I always dislike breaking in new shoes.   

Put in a little over 2 miles....it was a beautiful day but I don't like fighting the wind.   Looking forward to this weekend for a long run hopefully.

pigtrino

Galen Rupp ran a 13:01 indoor 5K today.  That is almost twice as fast as I am on a good day; about a 4:12 pace.  Gives normal people something to dream about.

Coondog Hog

Went 6 miles today the first 3 were into the wind the last three were much better.  Got 8 on my schedule for Saturday.  I'm bout ready to get me another good pair of running shoes.  Any suggestions? does a store like Fleet Feet do a good job with fitting? Anybody else in NWA/ Ft. Smith do good with shoe fitting?
  - Ronald Reagan

-Ronald Reagan

hawgrunner

Quote from: Coondog Hog on January 16, 2014, 11:14:30 pm
Went 6 miles today the first 3 were into the wind the last three were much better.  Got 8 on my schedule for Saturday.  I'm bout ready to get me another good pair of running shoes.  Any suggestions? does a store like Fleet Feet do a good job with fitting? Anybody else in NWA/ Ft. Smith do good with shoe fitting?

http://www.rushrunning.com/

Snoutmaster

Quote from: rock642 on January 17, 2014, 12:45:37 am
http://www.rushrunning.com/

I'm with Rock on this....they have one in Bentonville and Fayetteville I believe.  Go there and they will do a gait analysis on a treadmill and show you the shoes that would be best for you and the way you run.

Hogbody

Anyone doing the LR half or full?

Pulled(PP)pork

Hawgzilla

I did LR a few years back. ...Very hilly...

Delicious~Dreams

Ran 5.14miles...felt great!  Love the sunshine!!:)

Pulled(PP)pork

6.92mi in 70min, wind was BRUTAL!

PP

Coondog Hog

Went 8.1 in 88mins this morning good run for me today.
  - Ronald Reagan

-Ronald Reagan

Delicious~Dreams

Many runners ran today for Meg too.