Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good game Hogs.just got beat by a better team today

Started by forrest city joe, November 24, 2017, 04:44:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GO

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 24, 2017, 06:32:52 pm
You haters will never give up.but you may as well. if he wants to be.Mike Anderson is going to be coaching here a long time.so get use to it.
So mediocrity is ok as long as it is MA,  but not for football. This was typical MA coached team against a good opponent. No offense scheme and leaving shots wide open on defense. Yeah it's early, but I've seen this movie to many times from MA teams. Well go back to beating up the little schools but look anemic against the better teams. That said hope they prove me wrong!

hulk hog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 24, 2017, 09:04:44 pm
Do you consider Kentucky a big game?

Won 3 in a row from them and now have lost 5 in row....have to go back to Mike's 3rd year since we beat them.

Regular season record of 14-29 against non-conference power 5 teams and ranked SEC teams in 6 seasons.
That includes a 4-16 record in the last three years against those type teams (of which two of those we made the NCAA tournament). Stats don't lie.

Sorry I know its better than Heath or Pelphrey but its always we're young, we didn't expect them to leave, oh we got a great transfer coming in, Arkansas is loaded with high school talent just wait until they here... it gets old...
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hulk hog on November 24, 2017, 10:31:41 pm
Won 3 in a row from them and now have lost 5 in row....have to go back to Mike's 3rd year since we beat them.

Regular season record of 14-29 against non-conference power 5 teams and ranked SEC teams in 6 seasons.
That includes a 4-16 record in the last three years against those type teams (of which two of those we made the NCAA tournament). Stats don't lie.

Sorry I know its better than Heath or Pelphrey but its always we're young, we didn't expect them to leave, oh we got a great transfer coming in, Arkansas is loaded with high school talent just wait until they here... it gets old...

3-1. Had a great finish last season.

HawgHeadCheese

hawgball40

Quote from: GO on November 24, 2017, 10:31:00 pm
So mediocrity is ok as long as it is MA,  but not for football. This was typical MA coached team against a good opponent. No offense scheme and leaving shots wide open on defense. Yeah it's early, but I've seen this movie to many times from MA teams. Well go back to beating up the little schools but look anemic against the better teams. That said hope they prove me wrong!
We just played the defending national champions, and they looked even better than they did last year. Luke Mayes was a role player for them last season, he had 28 points and 16 boards today. We lost to a very good team when we were gassed. On fresh legs it would have been alot closer, i can promise you that. Those of us who watched yesterdays team know that we've got something special. They'll be happy to prove your ignorant ass wrong.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 24, 2017, 04:46:05 pm
Call me unrealistic, but it's not a good game when you get beat by 19.

Ok Dr Unrealistic...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

HawgnCorona

No mediocrity isnt ok and neither is your bitching just to bitch. We arent mediocre...4-1 record should prove that.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

hogsmash12

Quote from: AflacHawg on November 24, 2017, 05:20:59 pm
AND sometimes you just have to admit that Mike Anderson CAN NOT COACH. He may be able to recruit good players, he may relate to the players he has on his team but against "real coaches" he will get his ass beat 8 times out of 10.

Not sold on that after the run in the 2nd half of last season.  Love me some hog basketball and my posts show that I'm not a "coach fan" but I really like the way the Hogs are trending with CMA.

razorback1829

Trolls come out at night!! Haha

razorback1829

Quote from: hulk hog on November 24, 2017, 10:31:41 pm

Lol go back to MMQB. Jump Ball has been harmony without you dumb arses

3kgthog

Pretty disappointed in this game. Sure, they got within 6, but you never felt Carolina was in danger. They locked our guys down on defense and we had nothing. As we saw at times last year, lots of one man basketball at the top of the key accompanied by way too much standing around. Not to mention we let Maye have the game of his life. A guy that you couldn't slip a sheet of paper under when testing his vertical.

I'm still optimistic, but boy do I hate those academic cheating bastards. I'm beyond tired of seeing them beat us. Maybe we'll man up at some point before Roy retires.

Atlhogfan1

27 3pt attempts and only 8 FTA. Not a good mix. We still have a good team.  Beat UConn and this will have been a very good weekend. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 25, 2017, 12:53:37 am
27 3pt attempts and only 8 FTA. Not a good mix. We still have a good team.  Beat UConn and this will have been a very good weekend. 

Hey 2 of 3 aint bad...

HawgnCorona

Oh and our SOS  is better than the Heelbillies...so we arent playing weak teams.

RagingHawgOn

Just when I start believing....

We got owned.

SMDH

rzrbackramsfan

AND sometimes you just have to admit that Mike Anderson CAN NOT COACH. He may be able to recruit good players, he may relate to the players he has on his team but against "real coaches" he will get his ass beat 8 times out of 10.

Bro.  Imagine if Arkansas hit the same shots they hit against Oklahoma.  We'd have blown UNC outta the gym. 

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on November 25, 2017, 02:12:13 am
Bro.  Imagine if Arkansas hit the same shots they hit against Oklahoma.  We'd have blown UNC outta the gym.
Better yet, imagine if we'd come up with a plan to stop Maye! Pitiful.

HAM ELLIOT

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 24, 2017, 04:57:08 pm
That 19 point lose was closer than that.UNC was the better team and deserve to win.but we put up a good fight most of this game even when we lost Macon. we played with them most of this game.we have a hell of a team this year folks.
The 19 point loss was closer than 19 points?  How is that even possible.  19 points is 19 points.  We got bitch slapped by NC...  AGAIN!

WBOBO

I would rather lose to UNC now in November and learn from it than lose to
them in March and go HOME.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

HawgsPolo

The starting five needs an adjustment to add some balance to the bench.  CJ could get more open looks if he played with Barford and Macon. Yesterday was definitely a learning experience for the coaching staff.  Hogs played hard, cut it to 6, but ran out of gas and had no answer for Maye. I guess UNC doesnt foul either.
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

Razorod

Quote from: HawgsPolo on November 25, 2017, 05:43:27 am
The starting five needs an adjustment to add some balance to the bench.  CJ could get more open looks if he played with Barford and Macon. Yesterday was definitely a learning experience for the coaching staff.  Hogs played hard, cut it to 6, but ran out of gas and had no answer for Maye. I guess UNC doesnt foul either.
Or at least a quicker rotation. Anderson may need to adjust his pattern a bit in order to keep Macon and Barford's legs under them.Main task is to get Jones to a point where he is a more important cop in the rotation.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: razorback1829 on November 24, 2017, 06:30:30 pm
Just looked tired after the first 10 minutes. We count on Gafford for energy and he was in the bench. We'll be ok. Got another great opportunity Sunday.

Right now depth is thin, our 3 best players were out for extended periods and never got to utilize them together for more than a few minutes... we were out classed by the defending national champions..

We'll learn from this and improve.. I don't think we're a vintage team, just don't have all the pieces,  but we can be a really good team and make some noise .. continue the march forward

elksnort

It is November still. I would imagine our guys ran out of gas. Our team depends on 3s, and/or transition points.
When this is not working we will struggle, especially against the elite teams.  The NCAA s showed me what this team is capable of. Hopefully we will be there again.

TNhawgfan

There's a reason the shots weren't falling yesterday, it's called defense. UNC ain't Oklahoma
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Pinto on November 24, 2017, 04:50:33 pm
I wouldn't classify it as a good game either. Offense was a pain to watch, Dan can't stay on the floor, and someone who looks like he is from Cabot, Arkansas had a career day on us.
Dan got a few fouls that should have been no calls. He either went straight up or he just stood there with his hands straight up in the air and got whistled for a couple of questionable calls. I call them superstar calls cause Berry was the ones they called those types of fouls for.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on November 24, 2017, 04:56:08 pm
Always the bridesmaid, never the bride

Team looked unprepared. Typical Anderson team

FCJ..We were never in game. We didn't hang around.  UNC blew us out period.
Seriously. We were playing North Carolina. The team was more than prepared. They were just better. Although the ball movement and player movement could have been better. We missed a lot of open 3 pointers that we usually knock down. We'll be just fine. Knock those down it's a whole different ball game.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on November 24, 2017, 04:59:00 pm
Lmao I can't lie I was pissed about the game Maye had but he is very skilled.
Yep, he also got away with about 3 or 4 travels. Even slow Bill Walton called it out.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 25, 2017, 10:59:09 am
Dan got a few fouls that should have been no calls. He either went straight up or he just stood there with his hands straight up in the air and got whistled for a couple of questionable calls. I call them superstar calls cause Berry was the ones they called those types of fouls for.

May already be getting some reputation fouls.  Don't want him to get labeled as foul prone.

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Youngsta71701

Aw hell. Here we got with this bullcrap again... ::)

Youngsta71701

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on November 24, 2017, 06:36:21 pm
Yeah they got nervous and bailed out their AA point guard..Should have been our ball and a chance to get it to 3-4 points.
Yep, that started the string of calls that brought back memories of last year. I could see it coming.

hawgball40

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 25, 2017, 11:01:08 am
Seriously. We were playing North Carolina. The team was more than prepared. They were just better. Although the ball movement and player movement could have been better. We missed a lot of open 3 pointers that we usually knock down. We'll be just fine. Knock those down it's a whole different ball game.
The most important factor yesterday was fatigue and north carolina being better in key spots. We had no answer for their interior scoring and their ability to stretch the floor with maye really killed us. from the onset of the game we looked tired, and they looked fresh. They got fatigued several times but had the depth to weather our runs. if we had quality depth, it probably wouldn't have mattered as much, but as we saw yesterday we are deficient in too many areas to hang with a team who has both a great coach and a deep and talented team. We're much better than we were last season, but we're still not over that hump yet.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on November 24, 2017, 06:41:41 pm
Very good post. You sir saw the same thing I did. Dead legs today and no Gafford. That's the difference and NC has a bench full of players. I do think we have some real talent in Jones and Hall that need to develop.
C.J. Jones shot looks real good. Even the ones he missed were right on line and looked like they were going in. He will knock most of those down in the future.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hobhog on November 24, 2017, 06:43:28 pm
There will be a new AD in town. Just sayin. MAs record here is not stellar. Not sure why raise and extension warranted. Has to make a run in NCAA this year to be considered IMO.
I'm starting to think you don't have a clue about basketball... ???

hawgball40

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 25, 2017, 11:07:50 am
C.J. Jones shot looks real good. Even the ones he missed were right on line and looked like they were going in. He will knock most of those down in the future.
I have to disagree. He's improved, but the shots he misses are pretty bad misses and its related to the inconsistency in his form on jumpshots. He has improved greatly from last year when he appeared to be awkwardly twisting his body on shots.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 24, 2017, 06:55:18 pm
I have not seen Macon commit to defending this season. He's very good on the offensive end of the floor but this team has to get oit in transition against solid defensive teams.

It's one game and they are going to be alright. Bailey was a step slow and did not play with energy. If Im coach Anderson I'm please if they can grow from this. CJ Jones keep shooting that ball.
Yeah, I don't understand how Bailey was constantly getting be off the dribble by a player that he's 3 times more athletic then. He has to use his athleticism to his advantage. Sometimes he was being over aggressive. Luke Maye was absolutely destroying him. I think we waited to late to try some zone also. But that's what the nonconference is for. Find out what you're good at and what you need to work on. They need to stop with the ticky tack fouls on Gafford also. He couldn't even go straight up to contest without being called for a foul.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hulk hog on November 24, 2017, 08:16:05 pm
So Mike is in year 7...not year 1, not year 3, not year 5.  Are ever we going to take the next step to show we can be a top 25 team? This is a 6 senior team.  Yes we were in the game but did you ever feel we could win?  26 at the half is very familiar. We were outscored 13-0 in the last 3:14.  In 7 seasons seriously in non-conference where is Mike's signature win? Michigan in year 2?
We may be in the top 25 when the next poll comes out... ???

Youngsta71701

Dude are you dumb. Look at Mike's record compared to Bielema. It's not even a discussion. Get you some facts and them come back and post. If a .66 winning percentage is considered mediocre then I have no idea what's considered good.

Read more post less...

Youngsta71701

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on November 25, 2017, 02:02:17 am
Just when I start believing....

We got owned.

SMDH
Dude, it was the University of North Carolina not North Carolina High School. Stay calm and stay tuned...

Youngsta71701

Yep, Macon, Beard, and Jones missed open 3's they usually hit. We'll be just fine.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on November 25, 2017, 02:16:24 am
Better yet, imagine if we'd come up with a plan to stop Maye! Pitiful.
You got to admit he made some tough contested shots. Come on. You can do it. Or did you even watch the game?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: TNhawgfan on November 25, 2017, 09:31:00 am
There's a reason the shots weren't falling yesterday, it's called defense. UNC ain't Oklahoma
We had plenty of open shots. We just missed them. Did you watch the game? Do you know what an open shot looks like? Just wondering. Have a nice day ;D.

Youngsta71701

I bet you're the same guy that thinks Calipari is a hell of a coach huh?

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Pinto on November 24, 2017, 04:50:33 pm
I wouldn't classify it as a good game either. Offense was a pain to watch, Dan can't stay on the floor, and someone who looks like he is from Cabot, Arkansas had a career day on us.

Ahem, you sure it wasn't one of the Geico cavemen?

Dominicanhog

hobhog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 25, 2017, 10:48:11 pm
Just gonna leave this here

Impressive. Lots of final fours in that group. Just none  of ours.

Athog

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on November 24, 2017, 04:56:08 pm
Always the bridesmaid, never the bride

Team looked unprepared. Typical Anderson team

FCJ..We were never in game. We didn't hang around.  UNC blew us out period.

If Anderson lays an egg this year he will in BB shoes!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Athog on November 26, 2017, 12:30:40 pm
If Anderson lays an egg this year he will in BB shoes!
why would he lay an egg? What has you thinking that will happen?
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Letsroll1200

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 26, 2017, 12:40:01 pm
why would he lay an egg? What has you thinking that will happen?

He's hoping because his guy didn't get it done.

hawgball40

Anderson returns us to the national stage, and these geniuses want to fire him. unreal. may i remind you the man owns 2 of the best seasons since 1995, and he's had setback after setback and still overcome them. its looking like he's finally cornering the market on recruiting so we should be good for the foreseeable future. I get the knock that he doesn't have a final four yet and has had some recruiting struggles and has only danced twice in his first 6 years. But he danced 3 seasons at UAB and 3 seasons at Missourri, i think once he gets us dancing every year we will have years where we are elite and years where we are solid but respectable. I'll take that stability 7 days a week over a cheater like stansbury or calipari who cheat to get ahead and could risk getting our school in trouble. Consider when he took over arkansas, we were a dumpster fire! There was a scandal about racism, you think that doesn't affect recruiting, you're high. He has had to overcome that and never once made an excuse.