Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chuck Dicus will be the A.D.

Started by depressed_fan, November 17, 2017, 07:00:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

depressed_fan

I missed the point about him being named Arkansas Game and Fish commissioner but AD would be more attractive to him I would think. That last AGF head quit and basically quoted too much stress.

If you don't know much about him, look the man up.

NuttinItUp

Haha, dude is 69 and about to keel over. I doubt we go that route.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

jgphillips3

That would be sweet justice but I doubt he wants it at this point.

PorkRinds

The Floating Spectral head of Frank Broyles would be a great option.

depressed_fan

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 17, 2017, 07:12:29 pm

69 isn't very old. He appears young and healthy.

Mark it down. Book it . Sticky it at the top. I called the Bobby Petrino Hiring before he was ever on the radar. Go back in the archives. Long fired him for a reason. B/c Long new he could do a better job that himself.

depressed_fan

PorkRinds

Quote from: depressed_fan on November 17, 2017, 08:00:18 pm

Mark it down. Book it . Sticky it at the top. I called the Bobby Petrino Hiring before he was ever on the radar. Go back in the archives. Long fired him for a reason. B/c Long new he could do a better job that himself.

Why would it be in the archives if you registered your account in 2016?

98hogs

Ha Ha  Dude lives in my neighborhood and isn't about to keel over.  Idiot !

Hollywood870

Boston RedHogs

Joke.....69 ain't "keel over old", brotha...

PharmacistHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 17, 2017, 08:04:50 pm

Hmmmmmmm
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Hawgphat

I saw Chuck play.  He was superbly gifted, - - and VERY fleet-footed.

HardCore

Long fired him for a reason. B/c Long new he could do a better job that himself.

Well, that's not saying much
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

26.2Hog

You should take a long serious look at your life and figure out where it went wrong.

Piggfoot

I was told years ago that Dicus ran into Petrino at a. coaches meeting and discovered Petrino was looking for a way out at Atlanta. This info was passed on to the PTB and he was offered and hired.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Cartoon Man

Dicus is a friend of my Dad.  A very nice gentleman who loves the Razorbacks, and yes he would make a great AD.

TexArkHogFan

When I was 72 my sixteen year old step daughter asked me how old I was.  When I told her, she said "damn you're about to croak".  I turn 83 next month and I now myself think "damn I'm about to croak."  Time and age changes everything.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Hayduke

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on November 18, 2017, 05:39:36 am
When I was 72 my sixteen year old step daughter asked me how old I was.  When I told her, she said "damn you're about to croak".  I turn 83 next month and I now myself think "damn I'm about to croak."  Time and age changes everything.

A life well lived, i'm sure. Pretty tech savvy for 82! Happy early birthday.

Paul

Steef

Ouch. That's gonna leave a mark.

Steef

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 17, 2017, 09:22:31 pm
I was told years ago that Dicus ran into Petrino at a. coaches meeting and discovered Petrino was looking for a way out at Atlanta. This info was passed on to the PTB and he was offered and hired.

If true, we should beat the crap out of at least once.

PORKULATOR

There's only 2 guys with Arkansas ties, that are retirement age that I'd take as AD.... And Jerry J and Nolan are not either one taking the job.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

SemperFi

I don't care who the new AD is. I just want that person to be all Arkansas and all Razorback. They need to be able to call the HOGS, properly I might add, from day one.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

oldfart

I agree that 69 is not too old for someone who is in good health and physical condition.. hell im 80 and tho surely not as spry as i once was.. but still i dont think thats a good age to hire a new AD..  i think we are looking for someone who might have a good 10 yrs on the job if effective. 

Boog41

With age being brought up, I can't believe no one has bothered the mention that the President of the United States is older than Dicus.

EastexHawg

One thing is for sure, it it's Dicus we'll know we have someone who knows what it means to be a Razorback and loves it...and will expect and demand winning.

I watched him play his entire career and the bigger the game the more dominant he was...as in the Big Shootout and both Sugar Bowls. 

GlassofSwine

I think Dicus would be a good hire. 69 isn't too old either, Saban is 66 and still coaching.

casken

Quote from: depressed_fan on November 17, 2017, 07:00:21 pm
I missed the point about him being named Arkansas Game and Fish commissioner but AD would be more attractive to him I would think. That last AGF head quit and basically quoted too much stress.

If you don't know much about him, look the man up.

I recall he was quite a clutch receiver back in the day. He was one of my earliest heroes when I was a kid.
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

WilsonHog

If Dicus is in good health, he could come in for three or four years. Just a question if he wanted to.

moses_007

Hopefully the new AD will be announced tomorrow or Monday.

I don't understand what all the rush is about hiring a new AD.  We got the job covered and anything that position needs to do can be done.

Pig in the Pokey

Well, it's older than Terry Don, who ya'll keep saying is too old. Same age as Trump, which, yeah, he may be too old. But if those guys ARENT too old, than a guy two years older isnt too older, either. Yes. Bernie2020. I dont wanna hear all the dead-guy jokes next year when campaigns ramp up.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

cosmodrum

Womp womp
Go away, batin'

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 12247 on November 18, 2017, 10:49:26 am
I don't understand what all the rush is about hiring a new AD.  We got the job covered and anything that position needs to do can be done.
because they are losing their minds that Gus wont want to work for a school with an empty AD position.... even though he is LITERALLY AT A SCHOOL WITH AN EMPTY AD POSITION LMFAO> These guys aint bright, but, if there is an opportunity to be insecure af they will jump all over that; hence the apprehension.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Boog41 on November 18, 2017, 09:50:40 am
With age being brought up, I can't believe no one has bothered the mention that the President of the United States is older than Dicus.
lol, well, b/c he is the posterboy for the "too old" crowd to be proven right would be my guess. Dude senile af.

SPAL

RedyorNot

This program needs younger blood, fresh perspectives and innovative ideas wherever it comes from.

searkhogfan

Quote from: RedyorNot on November 18, 2017, 11:14:51 am
This program needs younger blood, fresh perspectives and innovative ideas wherever it comes from.

Wasn't that what Jeff Long was??

nervestrike

GoldCoastHog

Quote from: 98hogs on November 17, 2017, 08:06:11 pm
Ha Ha  Dude lives in my neighborhood and isn't about to keel over.  Idiot !

69? Think I recall both Joe Paterno and Bobby Bowden both having a little coaching success around 69 and later? Conventional wisdom would suggest the AD job responsibilities may not be quite as physically and emotionally demanding as head coaching, but, maybe I'm off base here? I'm sure an expert on here can take this subject over and set me straight.