Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jeff Long Releases Statement Regarding Firing

Started by Jason Carroll, November 15, 2017, 07:11:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

snoblind

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 16, 2017, 02:45:25 pm
Nomamma is his insult. And he flat out said obama deserved it and anything was fair game.
Thx, couldn't remember the exact details.

EulessHog

Long getting fired is the best that has happened at Arkansas since the hiring of Frank Broyles.
Go Hogs Go!

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on November 16, 2017, 05:42:00 am
Hogville wants instant gratification.  I don't care who we hire as AD and football coach we are in for at least three years of reloading and building a new system with new players.  So buckle up and get ready for the long haul cause ya'll are in for some rough times.
Yeah the last 5 years been great...

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: BadHog on November 16, 2017, 09:03:55 am
There is no doubt that Jeff did some good things: facility upgrades and .... let's see, facility upgrades and more facility upgrades.

And any other AD worth a dime would have done as much with the SEC money and more.

EulessHog

Quote from: snoblind on November 16, 2017, 02:50:16 pm
Thx, couldn't remember the exact details.

It tickles me that many on here are upset that Jeffie got canned.  I will be so happy riding on the Gus Bus next year!!!
Go Hogs Go!

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on November 16, 2017, 11:49:13 am
I've never put anyone on ignore, and I don't plan to start now.  I can handle whatever they have to say, and I like to hear all viewpoints. 

JL writes a humbling letter of acknowledgement, and thanks everyone including the fans.  Some on Hogville:  "Oh, he has to say things like that so he doesn't look like a poor sport."  Meanwhile, our fans can't connect the dots and realize that a reaction by the fans that is exactly the opposite, being a poor sport, isn't exactly helping to entice anyone else to want to come fill that role.

So...I assume we'll get this.  "Well, if anyone out there is looking at Hogville while considering this job, then that's not who we want anyway."  OH REALLY?  Then don't come at me with that BS that the new AD needs to be in touch with the fans, appreciate the fans and donors, and improve relationships.  Hogville is mentioned on the radio daily, and interviewees often refer to information from this board, and the guests are sometimes also referred to as "Hogville contributors."

Don't come off as a jerk people.  It doesn't solve ANYTHING.  Accept that he tried, it didn't work, and move on.  Show some dignity and respect.     

Don't enshrine the guy and don't bash Arkansas fans who want an Arkansas guy. Yes he didn't hire Arkansas people even Clay Henry said he had a policy when he hired his staff of if you played-coached or grew up in Arkansas need not apply for a job..I don't hate Long and wish him well but I am glad he's gone.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: EulessHog on November 16, 2017, 04:12:03 pm
Long getting fired is the best that has happened at Arkansas since the hiring of Frank Broyles.
It really is and surprising how many libs are on here to make Long out to be a great AD. He wasn't and if he was he would have been gone to Texas when they had an opening and he tried to get that job. You know cause if you read Hogville and these intelligent very liberal administrators Long cleaned up dirty Arkansas. Arkansas has always ran a clean program as clean as anybody but these Hogville elite on here look down on Arkansas so they are coming to claim what a huge mistake Arkansas has made. BS..I got a 7 day ban for calling an administrator our and repeating his saying over and over that every school under the sun was better than Arkansas? What has happened to this site? I was on this forever but it's now run by Arkansas bashers and the administrators are the worst of all.

AlmaHog2011

RME

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on November 16, 2017, 05:24:39 pm
It really is and surprising how many libs are on here to make Long out to be a great AD.

Thinking a guy was pretty good at his job makes you a liberal. Got it.

You eating at Sonic tonight?

EulessHog

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on November 16, 2017, 05:24:39 pm
It really is and surprising how many libs are on here to make Long out to be a great AD. He wasn't and if he was he would have been gone to Texas when they had an opening and he tried to get that job. You know cause if you read Hogville and these intelligent very liberal administrators Long cleaned up dirty Arkansas. Arkansas has always ran a clean program as clean as anybody but these Hogville elite on here look down on Arkansas so they are coming to claim what a huge mistake Arkansas has made. BS..I got a 7 day ban for calling an administrator our and repeating his saying over and over that every school under the sun was better than Arkansas? What has happened to this site? I was on this forever but it's now run by Arkansas bashers and the administrators are the worst of all.

Bravo!

You and others like you think a lot like I do.  Just check out the trash.  Much of my best stuff hits it without ever being viewed.
Go Hogs Go!

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Blumpkin on November 16, 2017, 07:22:29 pm
DeltaBoy would represent the university well as AD.  JMO.

Better than Long and would probably do a better job.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: EulessHog on November 16, 2017, 06:11:17 pm
Bravo!

You and others like you think a lot like I do.  Just check out the trash.  Much of my best stuff hits it without ever being viewed.
I fully expect to be banned again. It was an administrator going on and on about us not being a bigtime job like it was fact. He thinks Arkansas is nothing and is in control of this board. Pretty sure I will get a ban for what I have posted but I don't care. If you are going to act like Arkansas is nothing go where Long goes..And that's if he does get that bigtime=way better than pitiful Arkansas job. Arkansas is what you make of it..If you suck at life it's not because of Arkansas.

DLUXHOG

a Classy note written by a Classy Gentleman.....   I hope, but doubt, we find a new AD with near as much class as Jeff Long....    Good luck and all the best of only good things to you and your family Jeff.........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 16, 2017, 05:40:02 pm

I do love me some Sonic. Cause you know I am just dumb ass ole Arkansas man...You intelligent people have to edumacate me..LMAO

Porkette

I wish Jeff Long all the best going forward.

Hopefully these changes work out well for both parties in the end.
GO HOGS GO!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 15, 2017, 09:24:46 pm
Way more class than our fans
well, yeah... He's a professional, career minded guy in a job that literally changes life's.
We all drink booze, eat Frito Pie and cuss about football.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

PorkRinds

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 17, 2017, 08:57:47 am
And still typing in broken English.
Did you understand what he said? Or you just don't like him and are part of the Long lovers?

I have asked a couple times and will again..Why didn't Texas hire Mr Integrity? Why didn't Nebraska want Mr Honesty? BTW both those things you guys give him amazing credit for is something common. I know according to those on here he's got more class than us cave men from dumb ole Arkansas. He cleaned up a program that in reality has never been dirty. What do I know I grew up in Arkansas and love me some Sonic!!

PorkRinds

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on November 17, 2017, 09:56:14 am
Did you understand what he said? Or you just don't like him and are part of the Long lovers?

I have asked a couple times and will again..Why didn't Texas hire Mr Integrity? Why didn't Nebraska want Mr Honesty? BTW both those things you guys give him amazing credit for is something common. I know according to those on here he's got more class than us cave men from dumb ole Arkansas. He cleaned up a program that in reality has never been dirty. What do I know I grew up in Arkansas and love me some Sonic!!

I don't know, and don't care, who you are or what you think. Consider yourself lucky to even get a response.

Swestwill66

Long didn't fit in here. He would probably fit in at William & Mary or Penn or Rutgers, somewhere like that.
BB doesn't fit in here. He would probably fit in at sec network analyzing or at CBS with hootie talking about how hard it is to win at Arkansas.

I read Jeff Long's farewell address and it was as I expected it would be.  Could not help but visualize the thousands of student athletes pouring through his door near daily to deliver their many issues and problems directly to him for justification, clarification and satisfactory redemption.

I also take issue with the many on here who keep swearing we Arkansans are always seeking instant gratification.  I believe every human would love that always, thats human.  Now back to us as it pertains to the sports department.  We are the exact opposite of what the accusation infers.  We never move fast enough, most often pushing the basic fan to reaching a limit of showing his ass before anything of any substance gets done.  In the instant case of Bret Bielema:  This failed situation could have been avoided if RESEARCH would have been done by the athletic department before hiring him.  It wasn't.  It could have been resolved if he had been handled like any responsible manager should have handled it.  Bret Bielema under achieved every year he has been here.  You could have made a very solid case for letting him go after any of the years he coached here.  We didn't.  Finally we turn to goonism and basic pricks and someone wakes up.  Our State seems to be run by a big sensor that only registers noise.  When the noise gets loud enough, it wakes up the Management Team who has to grab a shower, put on their finest, read the last few weeks papers to see if their name is mentioned, contact their like minded peers to learn which side of this they are taking and then finally act.  By then, the underlings are in outrage mode.  Instant Gratification, my hind end.

elksnort

Quote from: 12247 on November 17, 2017, 03:37:02 pm
I read Jeff Long's farewell address and it was as I expected it would be.  Could not help but visualize the thousands of student athletes pouring through his door near daily to deliver their many issues and problems directly to him for justification, clarification and satisfactory redemption.

I also take issue with the many on here who keep swearing we Arkansans are always seeking instant gratification.  I believe every human would love that always, thats human.  Now back to us as it pertains to the sports department.  We are the exact opposite of what the accusation infers.  We never move fast enough, most often pushing the basic fan to reaching a limit of showing his ass before anything of any substance gets done.  In the instant case of Bret Bielema:  This failed situation could have been avoided if RESEARCH would have been done by the athletic department before hiring him.  It wasn't.  It could have been resolved if he had been handled like any responsible manager should have handled it.  Bret Bielema under achieved every year he has been here.  You could have made a very solid case for letting him go after any of the years he coached here.  We didn't.  Finally we turn to goonism and basic pricks and someone wakes up.  Our State seems to be run by a big sensor that only registers noise.  When the noise gets loud enough, it wakes up the Management Team who has to grab a shower, put on their finest, read the last few weeks papers to see if their name is mentioned, contact their like minded peers to learn which side of this they are taking and then finally act.  By then, the underlings are in outrage mode.  Instant Gratification, my hind end.
Interesting post.

BrianG

Quote from: moses_007 on November 15, 2017, 07:18:44 pm
Wow, his reaction is 100 percent positive.  Not even a hint of animosity in his letter here.

If my company fired me but was going to pay me close to 5 million the next few years I would be positive too.

SurfnSun

I'm guessing by reading these posts on how positive his letter was that no one here is familiar with executive severance clauses. He did not have a choice but to say positive things about the University if he wants to continue getting paid. I'm not going to judge the sincerity of the post either way but that's how those contract work.

jvanhorn

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 16, 2017, 05:40:02 pm

Why do you think you have to be a liberal to think well of Long?  LOL, he was actually a "it is all about the money" Republican kind of AD as near as I can tell.

RME

Quote from: jvanhorn on November 17, 2017, 10:09:29 pm
Why do you think you have to be a liberal to think well of Long?  LOL, he was actually a "it is all about the money" Republican kind of AD as near as I can tell.

Did you not read the post that I was replying to or?

The guy literally said, "It really is and surprising how many libs are on here to make Long out to be a great AD."

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 17, 2017, 01:59:09 pm
I don't know, and don't care, who you are or what you think. Consider yourself lucky to even get a response.
Lucky? Sure thing maybe I can live without you responding. I am about to head to Sonic and maybe the one in Alma...Tool bags on here constantly acting like we can't get a better AD and a better coach. Consider yourself lucky to be on here.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Swestwill66 on November 17, 2017, 02:49:22 pm
Long didn't fit in here. He would probably fit in at William & Mary or Penn or Rutgers, somewhere like that.
BB doesn't fit in here. He would probably fit in at sec network analyzing or at CBS with hootie talking about how hard it is to win at Arkansas.
Exactly..They are just way to good for Arkansas..LMAO...Long will do better next week just listen to Bo Longs show. LOL

Hoggish1

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 15, 2017, 07:19:50 pm
I love the sound of that.... "former AD". Has a nice ring to it.

The last of John White's darn has left the barn...  Starting to smell better already.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 18, 2017, 06:10:04 pm
The last of John White's darn has left the barn...  Starting to smell better already.

Exactly.  Hope he has already left Arkansas never to come back.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: SurfnSun on November 17, 2017, 05:48:58 pm
I'm guessing by reading these posts on how positive his letter was that no one here is familiar with executive severance clauses. He did not have a choice but to say positive things about the University if he wants to continue getting paid. I'm not going to judge the sincerity of the post either way but that's how those contract work.

Yes they do.  If he wants the money, he has to play by the rules.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on November 18, 2017, 06:21:17 pm
Exactly.  Hope he has already left Arkansas never to come back.

Apparently he left two weeks ago...

East Clintwood

Quote from: jmark on November 15, 2017, 08:50:34 pm
10 years

9-1/2 too many.

Have we finally rooted out the last bit of the cancer that John White infected us with?
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

East Clintwood

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on November 16, 2017, 05:42:00 am
Hogville wants instant gratification.  I don't care who we hire as AD and football coach we are in for at least three years of reloading and building a new system with new players.  So buckle up and get ready for the long haul cause ya'll are in for some rough times.

As opposed to the 5 years of reloading and "building" that we've been subject to with no end in sight.  We've been in rough times for awhile now.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma