Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'd say apathy is here

Started by hawgon, September 25, 2017, 10:07:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgon

We are 0-4 in our last four games against Big 5 competition with having absolutely given away three of them.  We are looking squarely down the barrel of a four or five win season.  And it is year five of this coaching staff.  Yet, the message boards are as dead as the middle of June this morning.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: hawgon on September 25, 2017, 10:07:41 am
We are 0-4 in our last four games against Big 5 competition with having absolutely given away three of them.  We are looking squarely down the barrel of a four or five win season.  And it is year five of this coaching staff.  Yet, the message boards are as dead as the middle of June this morning.

Meh, don't know, maybe, I don't care, whatever.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Grag T

It's pretty funny in a sad kind of way; seems like half the threads in MMQB are about who the next coach should be when BB is still going to be the coach next year.  Start all those threads in 2018, people.  He isn't going anywhere for now, no matter what our record.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

hawgon

Quote from: Grag T on September 25, 2017, 10:09:41 am
It's pretty funny in a sad kind of way; seems like half the threads in MMQB are about who the next coach should be when BB is still going to be the coach next year.  Start all those threads in 2018, people.  He isn't going anywhere for now, no matter what our record.

Won't be anybody who cares about reading those threads in 2018.

Grag T

Quote from: hawgon on September 25, 2017, 10:17:24 am
Won't be anybody who cares about reading those threads in 2018.

Just the diehards.  I'm already too apathetic to read any of it
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

elksnort

rhames

Quote from: Grag T on September 25, 2017, 10:09:41 am

You know anything less than 6-6 might send him packing. His body language and other things that have happened since the TCU game give me that impression.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

TexasRazorback

Jeff Long will make a huge mistake if he doesn't address the coaching situation at the end of the year. in yr 5 after we have given CBB all the time in the world, has made no progress in turning this program around. Its time to wash our hands and move on to a coach that can win ball games. 10-23 (in conference) and 26-28 (Overall) Is unacceptable when you are making over $4 mil a season. Put a fork in CBB he's done

Grag T

Quote from: rhames on September 25, 2017, 10:23:48 am

You know anything less than 6-6 might send him packing. His body language and other things that have happened since the TCU game give me that impression.

I actually would agree with that.  If he is gone next year, it would only be because HE chooses to leave.  I hadn't really considered that he might just pack up and go.

rhames

Quote from: Grag T on September 25, 2017, 10:24:55 am
I actually would agree with that.  If he is gone next year, it would only be because HE chooses to leave.  I hadn't really considered that he might just pack up and go.

Ehh. I think there is a path there for him to be fired at the end of the year. Sure it may be portrayed as him leaving for another job but I doubt it. Again, I only see that happening at 5-7 and below.

He knows he is coaching for his job.

He really needed to split the TCU and A&m games.

Also note we are now on a 10 game stretch since out bye week was so early.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

Hogarusa

if apathy were here hogville would be a ghost town and the stadium will be half full on Saturday
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

rhames

Quote from: Hogarusa on September 25, 2017, 10:32:44 am
if apathy were here hogville would be a ghost town and the stadium will be half full on Saturday

The latter statement could ring true.

hobhog

Quote from: Hogarusa on September 25, 2017, 10:32:44 am

Again- Last home game was sellout. Probably 35,000 PLUS in Dallas. Fans are mad and frustrated but so far have continued going to the games. At least the core has.

DeltaBoy

I am just really disappointed with the whole mess.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hobhog

....and I think most are staying off of here because there is nothing to see/say. 1000 posts a day of anger and hate wears on people.

ricepig

Quote from: elksnort on September 25, 2017, 10:21:46 am
What else is there to say?

Yeah, 400 new threads a day saying the same thing really doesn't need to elicit a lot of new thoughts.....

Hogwop

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 25, 2017, 10:44:33 am

Truer words have never been spoken. This is exactly how I feel.

I really wanted CBB to be successful here but he's shown he isn't up to the task.

That said, I'll be watching every game and hoping for a win.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

longpig

Quote from: rhames on September 25, 2017, 10:23:48 am

If nothing else the man is an easy read.   He had the look of desperation and urgency before and during the aTm game that most all successful head coaches have every game of their careers.  Nick Friggin Saban carries on like the sky is falling pre rent a win.  Bielema's been treated better at Arkansas (up until Mizzou 16 anyway) than he was at Wisconsin and he knows it.  It'll be an honor not a privilege to lead the Razorbacks into the new and improved home stadium in 18, rest of this season he's going to have to become something he's not as an HC to have that honor. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

Seebs

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 25, 2017, 10:44:33 am
Maybe a firm Toledo will help you out.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

bphi11ips

You must not have been here in June.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

247Hog

I remember last season, i bitched when we won/lost/won/lost/won/lost and so on...now i wish for that kind of season  :-\ :-[ :'(
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

ricepig

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 25, 2017, 12:13:45 pm
You must not have been here in June.

Yeah, one couldn't even get a good uniform thread going until August.......

HogFansReunited

Welcome to the club. It set in for me last season. Might as well not get your hopes up cause Bret will be here for at least one more season.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Calling All Hogs

I really appreciate Jeff Long helping cure my addiction to Razorback football.

phadedhawg

I turned the game off a split second after the INT.  An hour after I barely remembered.  It's just too common, especially against A&M.

DeltaBoy

I got to where I am back to recording the games cause I just cant watch them screw up anymore. 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Redhogs

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 25, 2017, 12:49:18 pm
I got to where I am back to recording the games cause I just cant watch them screw up anymore.
It really works...blood pressure kept in check.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

jgphillips3

This coming weekend is a no-win situation.  Struggle and it gets worse.  Blow their doors off and people will still be unhappy because it means nothing to beat a team like NMSU.  He has a reached a "beat somebody worth a darn" point with the fan base.  I think maybe 60-62k will turn out this weekend just because we looked good against a horrible Aggie squad scoring wise.  Now, if we lose to South Carolina before losing to Bama in humiliating fashion again, then I would expect the next home game to be dismally attended.  Beating South Carolina might...maybe...preserve the next home crowd but Bama is going to destroy us and apathy will set in.

razorsharptusk

3 games in and all hope and confidence in this season, coaching staff, and a few players, is gone for me.  I'm a Hog fan, always will be.  I've lived in Alabama now for 14 years and this is just about as embarrassing as the BP wreck and John L. Smith debacle.   Only difference, you knew these things were temporary.  We have this year and next to get through of this crap.  Maybe the stands will be as empty and quite as these boards.
GO HOGS!!

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?