Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"Stop saying 'uh oh' while you're flying..." - Voice transcripts from crash reports

Started by Flying Razorback, June 23, 2014, 09:17:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying Razorback

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2014/06/23/stop-saying-uh-oh-while-youre-flying-drone-crash-pilot-quotes-unveiled/?Post+generic=%3Ftid%3Dsm_twitter_washingtonpost

These are funny because they all came from non fatal unmanned aircraft crashes.  I read every accident transcript I can get my hands on.  Most are pretty sobering.  Whenever we are having a particular weird conversation I always hope the rest of the flight goes well.  Or whenever things are getting iffy I hope no one says something dumb.

But these are funny.  I liked "Okay, interesting.  We are falling out of the sky..."
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

GusMcRae

Good stuff.  Several of these sound like someone reacting to playing a video game. 

I would be curious to know the ratio of unmanned military wrecks/flights compared to that of "manned" military flights.

Just seems like the unmanned has a higher ratio of wrecks, but if so, possibly due to the drones flying higher risk missions.
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

Old Tusk

The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke