Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

And so it begins

Started by gotyacovered, February 07, 2014, 04:13:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gotyacovered

Quote from: GusMcRae on April 11, 2014, 08:41:07 am
Dang,,, sorry to hear about that. 
I'll have to look at the picks later.  Blocked.

your not missing much, but just enough to cause problems.
You are what you tolerate.

gotyacovered

Fresh update...

04182014 Day 81

Deposit has been sent. goal for pick up=01-June-2014  ;D

i told the mechanic that was a hard deadline b/c i will have to drive to Jonesboro and back to Hot Springs Fri-Sun 1st weekend in June. dont think he took me as serious as i was.  ;D

wish me luck boys.

gotyacovered

05052014 Day 97

today is the day fellas. leaving Hope 1600 local for my last flight in 653 under power from her tired O-470. my derated 520 to 470-50 conversion started about 7-8 days ago and should be shipped out end of the week, to early next week. mx is still optimistic that he could be done by my self imposed deadline of 6/1.

i am adding EI engine analyzer (UBG-16) and fuel flow (FP-5L). removing several pieces of avionics... loran, INOP adf/head unit... and of course she is getting annualed. this is the first time in close to 30 years she is getting intimate with a different mechanic, so that is a little scary.

i will post some pics and stuff from my trip to the shop today, kinda before/after type a deal...

bvillepig

john c

You've planned well all along the way on the pieces and parts so we're sure you did the same with the mechanic.  Really look forward to hearing how this goes.  Record the old engine so you can post old vs. new sound.

gotyacovered

i do have a video of me taking off... so i have that to compare sound. great idea.

i wasnt able to take pics yesterday, it would have been completely awkward in the situation. this guy has tons of parts and stuff, he shop is clean but jam packed full of stuff. i was impressed. he also has a paint booth. prob gonna repair my paint.

the two pics i did take were of his bone yard...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ujqtuyauoiheoq/Photo%20May%2005%2C%2018%2017%2000.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j51vt9wpqmm3lhd/Photo%20May%2005%2C%2018%2016%2056.jpg

GusMcRae

Quote from: john c on May 06, 2014, 10:29:16 am
You've planned well all along the way on the pieces and parts so we're sure you did the same with the mechanic.  Really look forward to hearing how this goes.  Record the old engine so you can post old vs. new sound.

The mx that helps me with most of my owner assist work loves the sound of my plane, or maybe he just loves the sound of an 0-470.  I need to let someone else crank it up just so I can hear it from outside the cockpit.  There's only a few other 182s around home base, so I haven't really had many chances to stand around and hear another one crank up and taxi away to go take off. 
I have heard one friend's Navion Rangemaster, and another friend's C-210, both with IO-520s,,, and they both have an impressive powerful sound. 

I know it must be exciting to know you're roughly a month away from what will seem like a completely different plane.   
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

gotyacovered

May 06, 2014, 04:45:00 pm #57 Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 05:26:16 pm by gotyacovered
Quote from: GusMcRae on May 06, 2014, 03:21:48 pm
The mx that helps me with most of my owner assist work loves the sound of my plane, or maybe he just loves the sound of an 0-470.  I need to let someone else crank it up just so I can hear it from outside the cockpit.  There's only a few other 182s around home base, so I haven't really had many chances to stand around and hear another one crank up and taxi away to go take off. 
I have heard one friend's Navion Rangemaster, and another friend's C-210, both with IO-520s,,, and they both have an impressive powerful sound.

i have three samples for you... i know its not the same since its not your 470... but its close, they sound really good... here is mine and it actually sounds better in person, actually all of them sound better in person:

O-470-R

Lycoming IO-580

550x2

Quote from: GusMcRae on May 06, 2014, 03:21:48 pmI know it must be exciting to know you're roughly a month away from what will seem like a completely different plane.   

i cannot wait.

john c

I hear the old guys never have to look, they hear one flying over and tell you make and model.

gotyacovered

05202014 Day 112

(text message)

Me: make any progress on 653 this week? (this was actually Friday)
Him:                              (this space was intentionally left blank)

first sign that he is a normal mechanic. had me sold that he was not. ;D

GusMcRae

Quote from: gotyacovered on May 20, 2014, 08:10:02 am
05202014 Day 112

(text message)

Me: make any progress on 653 this week? (this was actually Friday)
Him:                              (this space was intentionally left blank)

first sign that he is a normal mechanic. had me sold that he was not. ;D

I hate that!
Same crap I got from all 3 shops, for the prop, the prop governor, and the DG.
And now, my CFI just left for 12 days.  It'll be good and hot by the time I get back to IFR training. 
But I am very thankful that my bird is all back together.

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

gotyacovered

on the positive. he ended up getting back with me and offered up his Cherokee 6, if he doesn't finish mine in time.

CFII/Dad... doesn't like it though, and i will submit to his judgement. the plan was to...

1. go up on a Friday, get checked off by mx CFI;
2. then dad was going to fly to M18 with me to pick up wife/kids (wife doesnt get off til 2:00);
3. then back to 1AR9 (turf); drop dad off;
4. then to KJBR. stay thru sunday;
5. then back to 1AR9, pick up knuckleheads;
6. then take them to M18;
7. then hop back over to KHOT for meetings Mon-Wed;
8. then deliver 6 back to 1AR9;
9. then hitch a ride back to Hope from someone yet to be determined.

dad wont do it unless he is listed on the policy or be issued a waiver of subrogation (advice i gave him a year ago--thrown back in face)  ;D and mx doesnt want to list either of us.

1. now the plan is to leave Hope 2:00, drive to cabot;
2. then to jonesboro thru sunday;
3. then back to cabot to pick up knucklheads;
4. then to Hot Springs for meetings mon-wed;
5. then back to hope.

ugh. NFN.

gonna be a fun drive. gus, if you lived closer i would be hitting you up.

GusMcRae

Quote from: gotyacovered on May 20, 2014, 04:53:14 pm
ugh. NFN.

gonna be a fun drive. gus, if you lived closer i would be hitting you up.

88R is ready to roll. 
I do need her Friday and Monday but looking like there might be some wx.  As dry as we are, if we get some rain out of it I'll at least try not to complain so much if I have to drive.

I understand and respect what PapaGotya is sayin, but that would be sweet to get some time in that Six. 

GusMcRae

Gotya,
Any updates?  June 1st has come and gone.....

gotyacovered

Quote from: GusMcRae on June 03, 2014, 01:20:23 pm
Gotya,
Any updates?  June 1st has come and gone.....

well. in short, no.

i am meeting an adjuster to look at the paint friday 10am and will post a full update then.

i will say i am disappointed with the mx comm skills. was hopeing for atypical, got typical. will post pics and give full update next week.

gonna be a blast driving all over the state of arkansas this weekend :'( :( >:( ??? ::) :-\

GusMcRae

Quote from: gotyacovered on June 04, 2014, 08:13:33 am
well. in short, no.

i am meeting an adjuster to look at the paint friday 10am and will post a full update then.

i will say i am disappointed with the mx comm skills. was hopeing for atypical, got typical. will post pics and give full update next week.

gonna be a blast driving all over the state of arkansas this weekend :'( :( >:( ??? ::) :-\

Bummer. 
Take the Six! 

gotyacovered

Quote from: GusMcRae on June 05, 2014, 10:39:29 am
Bummer. 
Take the Six! 

i think i could handle the 6 no problem. dad just doesn't want to checkout 9am Friday morning, fly til 2pm getting comfy and then loading up wife and kids and fly to 4 diff airports over a 5 day stretch.

i submit to old and wise in this particular case, agree or not :)

GusMcRae

Quote from: gotyacovered on June 05, 2014, 01:02:00 pm
i think i could handle the 6 no problem. dad just doesn't want to checkout 9am Friday morning, fly til 2pm getting comfy and then loading up wife and kids and fly to 4 diff airports over a 5 day stretch.

i submit to old and wise in this particular case, agree or not :)

I hear ya.  This is precisely why I want to get some time in other planes besides High wing Cessna 150/172/182. 
I compare this to back when I used to rope calves.  I had a good old solid calf horse.  I got used to him, wasn't training any young horses at the time.  Seldom backed in the box on anything else.  But if I ever did need to use someone else's horse to rope off of, it just felt awkward.  But a few years later, I started training 2 different young horses, and continued to rope off of the old horse.  After awhile, transitioning to a completely different horse was a piece of cake.  It improved my horsemanship. 

My 182 felt awkward briefly as well.  I firmly believe the more planes we can get some time in the left seat, the better pilots we will become.

You should take the guy up on his offer and fly that Six, even if it's just to get the duel with poppagotya.  It's after June 1st, he owes you!  ; )  Then the next time something like this comes up, you're ready.

gotyacovered

06172014 Day 129

inside a week of completion. should be able to pick her up in 10 days or so, fresh annual, pponk over hauled with first run engine, added EI fuel Flow and engine analyzer.

i am really excited.

just no more delays, please....

have a trip to Denver scheduled for 7/9, Chicago two weeks later and Destin 2nd week in august, so it needs to come on. killin my hours/year!!!

;D

bvillepig

Where do you normally stay in Destin?

GusMcRae

Sounds like you will be making a fair effort at making up for lost time.  I hope you've been putting your fuel money back while grounded. 

June 2014 may turn out to be a record high number of hours and fuel money spent for me.

Sounds like you are in the "short rows" for the countdown to having her back. 

gotyacovered

Quote from: bvillepig on June 17, 2014, 10:37:22 pm
Where do you normally stay in Destin?

Actually looking for a place, we have a friend that has a house and we are looking for proximity to him... We actually normally stay at the 4 seasons/perdido key.

gotyacovered

Quote from: GusMcRae on June 18, 2014, 08:51:13 am
Sounds like you will be making a fair effort at making up for lost time.  I hope you've been putting your fuel money back while grounded. 

June 2014 may turn out to be a record high number of hours and fuel money spent for me.

Sounds like you are in the "short rows" for the countdown to having her back. 

Yep, I'm hoping for a big close to summer worh those trips and IFR training. Dad needs to get his schedule setup so we can move!!!

gotyacovered

you guys will not believe what is happening. i'll be lucky to have a plane by 1-sept.  :puke:

will update when i have a solution. right now just know the problems.

GusMcRae

Quote from: gotyacovered on June 27, 2014, 01:42:33 pm
you guys will not believe what is happening. i'll be lucky to have a plane by 1-sept.  :puke:

Oh no!

I was thinking this was going to be a report on picking up your plane.

Sorry to hear there are problems.

GusMcRae

Sounding like "debacle" might have been the right word after all,,,,, I hate it for you man. 
Re-think that offer to fly the Six!  Use of it should all be at no charge now, IMO. 

john c

Quote from: gotyacovered on June 27, 2014, 01:42:33 pm

Were you going to give any details on the problems?

gotyacovered

07012014 Day 149

ok. this gets kinda convoluted--but... The p.ponk STC we decided to do is no longer available EXCEPT for Steve Knopp (and other p.ponk certified shops) to do out of their shop in Washington. BIG, BIG, BIG comm error between me and the mx shop here. i KNEW the 470-50 STC was NOT available, as you can see in my previous posts i said we were doing the 470 to 520 conversion, which IS available. So... My mechanic who was 1 week-10 days away from finishing up the engine (just got cylinders in) called to purchase the STC and get paperwork (instead of doing it WEEKS ago) to find out its no longer available.

its gonna cost him (assuming he can't sell all the parts) about $5000-$7500.

at this point he CANNOT find a 520 first run case to proceed with the 470-520 conversion. i called and spoke with Steve Knopp (p.ponk) and am waiting on the price (bid) and final paperwork for me and my partner to approve a 470-50 exchange.

i also have in the works my dad mx shop quoting me a factory re-man 0-470-R as a backup.

Steve Knopp is fully aware of the situation and has gone way above/beyond to help me out. he is reserving the 470-50 engine for me w/o any $$$ and until he gets me official paperwork and is going to thrown in a new oil cooler at re-man prices, plus mounting hardware (about $1.7-2k total) since he doesnt have a re-man available.

at this point, i am still sticking with Don/92nd west aviation as the prop is off/overhauled and out of annual. i am not satisfied with his comms b/c he knew this was going on for about 2 weeks and kept it from me b/c he wanted to have a solution when he called.

i still am confident in him from a quality of work standpoint, but am verra verra disappointed in his un-met deadlines and even more so in his lack of communication of problems.

my dad thinks i should (two weeks ago) ferried it elsewhere, i cant see that (then or now) at this point. and when i ask dad: where do i take it??? he has no answer besides Central--and i aint doin' it. too expensive.

wish me luck boys... this set back is costly in many different areas. denver trip-canceled; IFR-further delayed; trip to fville in two week-gotta drive; family trip to florida-who knows, proly driving; 160-70hours this year-nawp.

NFN

bvillepig

So sorry for you gotcha. I drove for a few months after my Toga sold. I feel for you.  I hope every thing works out and soon.

john c

Yeah, that's tough but not so uncommon when it comes to working on airplanes.  There is expensive and complicated and REALLY expensive and complicated.  In the meantime you can spend more time on business, generating more revenue, finding efficiency, etc. , etc.  There is always a silver lining around those clouds.

GusMcRae

It just looks like a perfect opportunity to get someone to check you out in that Six and proceed on with at least some of your plans.  I really hate it for you.  The time will go by faster than you think.  But it would go even faster if you were flying around in that Six the rest of the summer..... 

gotyacovered

Quote from: GusMcRae on July 02, 2014, 09:48:54 am
It just looks like a perfect opportunity to get someone to check you out in that Six and proceed on with at least some of your plans.  I really hate it for you.  The time will go by faster than you think.  But it would go even faster if you were flying around in that Six the rest of the summer..... 

it is the perfect opportunity. unforutantly i got the bids on a engine drop shipped to current mx shop... (from Steve Knopp himself) looks like (assuming the mx shop doesnt help out in any way) will cost me another $4k. if there are any major sqwaks on the annual, this could get nasty, fast.

Quote from: john c on July 02, 2014, 08:13:27 am
Yeah, that's tough but not so uncommon when it comes to working on airplanes.  There is expensive and complicated and REALLY expensive and complicated.  In the meantime you can spend more time on business, generating more revenue, finding efficiency, etc. , etc.  There is always a silver lining around those clouds.

wish i could say that this is what i have been doing, but i have found my self with depression like symptoms, the bottoms of my feet itch and my 100LL account has way too much money in it... dad says the only cure is altitude ;D

thanks for the kind words, i will ramp up my revenue generating!!!!
Quote from: bvillepig on July 01, 2014, 08:25:25 pm
So sorry for you gotcha. I drove for a few months after my Toga sold. I feel for you.  I hope every thing works out and soon.

me too bville--there is no other way to put it... SUCKS. :'(

GusMcRae

Have you gotten into some other plane, or just quit driving?

gotyacovered

Quote from: GusMcRae on July 02, 2014, 11:05:41 am
Have you gotten into some other plane, or just quit driving?

Driving, six is booked... I was going to get checked out in a DA-40 but the daily minimum (3 hours) just made it WAY too expensive (for me).

GusMcRae

bvillepig,
have you gotten another plane since selling the toga, or did you just quit driving after a few months? 

bvillepig

I had made up my mind to get out of it when the Saratoga left but a friend of mine sold his 182 about the same time and he approached me about going together.  He knew going in that I would probably fly a lot more than him and he is OK with it. I worry some about a partnership but I am pretty sure we can make it work. We will see.

I ended up in a Cirrus Sr22. I will give a pirep  soon.

The transition was an interesting day. Hard IFR at minimums with 24 to 34 gusts, sideways and quartering tailwinds. Insurance even with my 1800+ hours in HP and retract required a Flight Review and Instrument proficiency check out.

I have put about 30 hours on it since I (we) took delivery in May.  There are things I miss on the Saratoga.  I miss the ease of luggage , the front compartment and the extra two seats in the back. Even though I only had six of us in there one time a year.  I have a need in August to take the six of us to a wedding in Charleston. My nephew is getting married.  I guess I shouldn't feel to bad having my son and daughter in law fend for themselves. But I do.

I do worry about the IO550 engine. I went through over 50 sets of logs before I narrowed it down to 3 aircraft. I am not sure why but there are a ton of TOP overhauls any where from 350 to 900 hours in the fleet. I only have experience with the Lycoming so time will tell.

GusMcRae

Quote from: bvillepig on July 02, 2014, 09:51:03 pm
I had made up my mind to get out of it when the Saratoga left but a friend of mine sold his 182 about the same time and he approached me about going together.  He knew going in that I would probably fly a lot more than him and he is OK with it. I worry some about a partnership but I am pretty sure we can make it work. We will see.

The transition was an interesting day. Hard IFR at minimums with 24 to 34 gusts, sideways and quartering tailwinds. Insurance even with my 1800+ hours in HP and retract required a Flight Review and Instrument proficiency check out.

I have put about 30 hours on it since I (we) took delivery in May.  There are things I miss on the Saratoga.  I miss the ease of luggage , the front compartment and the extra two seats in the back. Even though I only had six of us in there one time a year.  I have a need in August to take the six of us to a wedding in Charleston. My nephew is getting married.  I guess I shouldn't feel to bad having my son and daughter in law fend for themselves. But I do.

I do worry about the IO550 engine. I went through over 50 sets of logs before I narrowed it down to 3 aircraft. I am not sure why but there are a ton of TOP overhauls any where from 350 to 900 hours in the fleet. I only have experience with the Lycoming so time will tell.

Hahaha!  That is great news.  Congrats.  Welcome back to a/c ownership!  That is awesome!
I've noticed that too on the Cirrus used planes for sale.  I just figured folks weren't taking care of MAP/RPM like they should.  It is certainly something I would have to be well educated in before I would trust myself to take care of.

My apologies for hijacked thread.  I just got a little sniff of something and had to chase that rabbit.  :)

gotyacovered

Quote from: bvillepig on July 02, 2014, 09:51:03 pm

i thought the top end problems were more b/c of improper management of the on the turbo varities.

that is really awesome. next time you venture down here you know you have to give me a ride!!!

GusMcRae

Quote from: gotyacovered on July 03, 2014, 09:28:52 am
i thought the top end problems were more b/c of improper management of the on the turbo varities.
And that's where I was going with the MAP/RPM comment.  My very very limited turbo experience is that you don't run MAP/RPM squared.  30 MAP and 2500 RPM is what my CFII had me run that turbo C-210 at last week.

bvillepig

Quote from: gotyacovered on July 03, 2014, 09:28:52 am

that is really awesome. next time you venture down here you know you have to give me a ride!!!

No problem on the ride. I was hoping to get down there eat at that fantastic burger joint.

gotyacovered

Quote from: bvillepig on July 03, 2014, 11:46:15 am
No problem on the ride. I was hoping to get down there eat at that fantastic burger joint.

appreciate the call, thanks for the "input" ;D

yep, sounds good, i get to ride in the cirri and you get a burger ;D ;D

bvillepig

You are welcome. I hope you can get things worked out. Have a great 4th and be careful.

gotyacovered

July 15, 2014, 04:33:19 pm #92 Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 08:33:14 am by gotyacovered
ok fellas... i plan on this being the last update until 653 is back in my possesion.

besides the timing of the whole event... i am going to come out of this with a better engine.

i ended up with:

-venturi seats (takes it to 275hp) at no additional cost (to me)
-skytec starter for a small upcharge
-NEW eci nickel cylinders
-heavy duty oil cooler at regular oil cooler exchange price
-avstar exchanged 470-50 modified carb
-ei fuel flow
-ei engine analyzer
-loran, adf and head units are all being removed
-new nav/com antenna

overall, at this point, i am ok with everything. the timing has been very frustrating and i feel like the mx shop i am using is going to take the necessary steps to make it right. maybe pick up the shipping of the engine(s).

doing it this way (exchange) is going to cost me about $3500 more but the entire process is looking like a 3-4 week ordeal (including install and annual).

if any of you ever ask for my advice i am going to say this... EXCHANGE. EXCHANGE. EXCHANGE. exchange everything... it is so much faster, whether you are talking carbs, oil coolers, engines, etc. the one caveat i will tag to this... use reputable shops. the mx shops are going to be your choice, and possibly to your demise... i could have this engine installed and going in two days... if i used central (or some other big shop) at almost 30% more cost... (about $13k including prop oh, gov inspection, engine mount over haul, exhaust over hual, new hoses, isolators adn avi install) versus under $10k with the shop i am using.

i would also highly recommend Steve Knopp with P.Ponk Aviation, he was immensely helpful when i called him. i confessed my situation and he took the situation by the horns, told me what to do and i followed his instructions--to the T. it took me at least 2 hours of my own time, but guess what... i have all the parts sitting in Don's lap waiting on the engine--which is only being help up bc my mags are coming off the factory line/distributor slow....

back on the exchange thing... he told me (he does 60-70 engines/year) that 99% of the time you are getting an upgrade in core parts and i believe him. i cannot say enough positive things about Steve K and Marion with Avstar in Florida. both went above and beyond to expedite the process, and out of kindness to me as they could tell how disappointed i was to be in this situation.

Steve Knopp also has a great sense of humor, at one point i called and asked him about the venturi seats that appeared on my estimate (with no price); and how that got 10 more hp... he replied that for only $3k of additional cost, for such an increase in hp he just assumed i wanted it... no brainer. after a few awkward moments he laughed, told me he was kidding and gave me the real scoop.

for those interested follow the dropbox link for more details on the actual estimate for the 470-50 conversion.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/56dr70810uqms5o/Maneth%20-50%20Steve%20Knopp%20Estimate%2007012014_temp.pdf

gotyacovered

Airplane gods please consider me humble and properly chastised.

Long story short within minutes of posting the last post... I received an email from my local maintenance shop and my prop hub failed inspection. They are suggesting a replacement for a later model or go three blade.

2 blade=$5500
3 blade=$10k

And a 3blade is the new quieter, fancy three model. I am not sure what's it's called, as he was talking I was still whining to myself ;D

To 3blade or not 3blade--that is the question. Is it worth the extra $$$ ???

john c

Three blade looks really good and the look matches the increased HP.  What does it do to resell?  What does Steve say?  That was the next thing I was going to do to my 182 even with the stock engine.  On the ramp, with the 3 blade, the182 looks similar to the 210 - a 210 Sport.  Biggest factor to me was noise.  There are several things you can do to quieten the 182 and three blade might compliment that.  And, while you are pumping the economy with this project, keep it going, need the trickle down to come our way.

gotyacovered

Quote from: john c on July 16, 2014, 12:15:33 pm
Three blade looks really good and the look matches the increased HP.  What does it do to resell? 

i am sure it helpss like have upgraded tires and rims on your vehicle... the right person may pay asking price b/c of looks, but i dont think it adds even close to dollar for dollar value.

Quote from: john c on July 16, 2014, 12:15:33 pmWhat does Steve say?

he seems pretty indifferent. he likes it on his higher hp engine b/c it performs that much better on take off roll and climb. think it will almost negate any increased cruise knots.

Quote from: john c on July 16, 2014, 12:15:33 pmThat was the next thing I was going to do to my 182 even with the stock engine.  On the ramp, with the 3 blade, the182 looks similar to the 210 - a 210 Sport.

there is no question... it looks a lot better. my buddy that has the BE58 has 3blades... every time i see one with the 2blades i realize this. they just look better.

Quote from: john c on July 16, 2014, 12:15:33 pmBiggest factor to me was noise.  There are several things you can do to quieten the 182 and three blade might compliment that. 

(almost) all of the positives for the 3blade are negligible (in my situation--i think):
-increase climb (dont 'need' it--flatlander although those couple times a year i am in NM & CO would be nice)
-lesser take off roll, meh... again would be nice, but already operating with an upgraded 275hp engine and i think she is going to jump off the rwy as-is.
-improved ramp appearance

the one positive that i keep going back to is the noise/smoothness--and we cannot justify the cost.

mx is looking for a 2blade for us, if we run across the right situation, we may go 3blade. but actively looking for the 2blade.

Quote from: john c on July 16, 2014, 12:15:33 pmAnd, while you are pumping the economy with this project, keep it going, need the trickle down to come our way.

HA. well, i hope it helps somebody at this point. cost are rising at an alarming rate.  assuming mx shop doesn't help out on some of the added cost b/c of the mess we are in... going to be north of $10k over original budget. but i think he is going to help. we will see.

right now i am just praying that there are no major squawks on the annual  ;D

653 has... since day one.... had an innate ability to sense when i have extra money laying around; and, she has equal ability to suck those dollars outta my checking account at an astonishing pace.

gotyacovered

guys, this is such a pain in the arse.

looking for one of the following (serviceable) props... if any of you have any 'resources'

McCauley D2A34C58/90AT-8                      (2 blade)
McCauley 2A34C66/90AT-8                         (2 blade)
McCauley D2A37C230/90REB-8                  (2 blade)
McCauley D3A32C90/82NC-2                      (3 blade)
McCauley D3A34C401/90DFA-10 (80")     (3 blade) (Cessna 182 H through R)

john c

What's going on?  Three blade on the list?  How about the Cessna Pilots Association?  Hartzell Top Prop conversion?  Was going to say I knew a couple of guys in Brooklyn that could help you but it doesn't sound like you are in the mood for that.  It will turn out fine, we never know all the reasons, but it will be fine.

gotyacovered

July 22, 2014, 02:33:13 pm #98 Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 03:13:50 pm by gotyacovered
Quote from: john c on July 22, 2014, 01:25:03 pm
What's going on?  Three blade on the list?  How about the Cessna Pilots Association?  Hartzell Top Prop conversion?  Was going to say I knew a couple of guys in Brooklyn that could help you but it doesn't sound like you are in the mood for that.  It will turn out fine, we never know all the reasons, but it will be fine.

man, this is truly been a debacle.

found a D3A34C401/90DFA-10 freshly overhauled for $7100... looks like the best deal i can get given my time constraints, which seems like a good deal at this point.

guess 3blade it is.

gotyacovered

now i am looking for a spinner. jeez.

if anyone has any leads please let me know...

this is what i need: McCauley D6594

factory new readily available for $1516+s&h... I am trying to find a serviceable one.