Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1971 C-182 For Sale

Started by GusMcRae, October 11, 2012, 08:45:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GusMcRae

I have a friend that can't get his medical.  He has a pretty nice 1971 C-182M, only about 2000 TT, but 1100 SMOH, I think he said that it had a TOH around 300 hrs ago.  2 King radios, he uses a hand-held gps of some kind so I don't know if he would let that go or not.  Just went through an annual this summer similar to mine where he had to pull a jug due to low compression, and ran into the same exhaust problem that I did as well so he had to replace the exhaust stack on that side.
It has a new modern style paint job (blue and white) and new interior, both of which he had done since he's owned the plane, I'm going to say within the last 3 years or so.
Asking $65K. 
PM me if anyone wants the guy's #. 

He's kind of banking on the sport pilot deal going through that would allow a guy to fly with 1 passenger in a 4 place plane with 180hp engine or less, so he would entertain working a trade for a C-172.  He's owned 2 or 3 of those prior to upgrading to the 182. 
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

gotyacovered

172 is not sport pilot eligible, is it? i wasnt aware of the rule, other than if it has 4 seats=no sport pilot.
You are what you tolerate.

gotyacovered

sounfs like a nice plane BTW... autopilot?
You are what you tolerate.

GusMcRae

Quote from: gotyacovered on October 11, 2012, 11:59:56 am
172 is not sport pilot eligible, is it? i wasnt aware of the rule, other than if it has 4 seats=no sport pilot.

I think part of what is being proposed is that it could be a 4 seater plane, just can't have any more than the pilot and 1 passenger aboard, and under the hp threshhold, whatever that is or whatever it winds up being.

Quote from: gotyacovered on October 11, 2012, 12:00:22 pm
sounfs like a nice plane BTW... autopilot?

It does not have ap. 
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?