Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's the word on Mincey?

Started by Sho Nuff, December 25, 2017, 02:24:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sho Nuff

I know I'm out of the loop, is he just waiting until February?

Oklahawg

Waiting until February, committed to UA, but likely to be offered by Florida.

Position coach and lead recruiter from the CBB regime likely to be retained by the new DC, so that is a compelling factor in him staying with UA.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

logand02

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 25, 2017, 03:13:09 pm

Position coach and lead recruiter from the CBB regime likely to be retained by the new DC, so that is a compelling factor in him staying with UA.

So you think Scott will be rehired by UA? Interesting that he also has Texas ties.

Do you think Chavis is D.C.?

nwahogfan1

Quote from: logand02 on December 25, 2017, 04:13:53 pm

I agree. I see Minsey flipping.  This is why we offered the DE from Owasso, Oklahoma.  I think we better recruit closer too home unless we have a very good connection to the recruit or his family.

RaisinHog

Well mincy's coach is a big hog fan and he has even posted here about him ..

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 25, 2017, 03:13:09 pm

Don't forget that both He and Sosa Agim have a major "Bromance" going and probably sit on the phone for hours talking about crushing QB's, slammin' brews and chasing honey's up and down Dixon Street...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on December 26, 2017, 09:11:10 am
I agree. I see Minsey flipping.  This is why we offered the DE from Owasso, Oklahoma.  I think we better recruit closer too home unless we have a very good connection to the recruit or his family.
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

ricepig

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 26, 2017, 09:34:55 am
Don't forget that both He and Sosa Agim have a major "Bromance" going and probably sit on the phone for hours talking about crushing QB's, slammin' brews and chasing honey's up and down Dixon Street...

I believe that's Sosa and Gooden, I don't think there is any connection with Mincey.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: ricepig on December 26, 2017, 09:40:03 am
I believe that's Sosa and Gooden, I don't think there is any connection with Mincey.

Oops... Just going off of my batting avg for the week I'm going to assume you're probably right without even checking it...  ;)

navyhog24

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on December 26, 2017, 09:11:10 am

Well there is a chance John Scott will be rehired. I think Mincey is waiting to see who the new defensive staff will be.

Richard Davenport

At the end of the day, I think John will be a Hog. Can't say that with 100% certainty, but that's my gut.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Richard Davenport on December 28, 2017, 01:20:24 pm
At the end of the day, I think John will be a Hog. Can't say that with 100% certainty, but that's my gut.
Well that's good news, i just knew the Fla offer would be hard to overcome.

Waldron_Hog

Where is tanner stahl? He used to be the guy with inside info on Mincey.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Waldron_Hog on December 28, 2017, 07:20:10 pm
Where is tanner stahl? He used to be the guy with inside info on Mincey.

Still the guy with inside info. Probably keeping things quiet so that he is not seen as interfering.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

jackflash

I think Mincey is a must get for us

RaisinHog

Offering the juco DE makes me wonder if they don't think we will get him..

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: RaisinHog on January 02, 2018, 08:42:49 am

It makes me think that they looked at our roster and decided that we need another pass rusher the next two years, and we need him badly. This seems more like a stop gap if Agim goes pro after next season.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

King Kong

Quote from: RaisinHog on January 02, 2018, 08:42:49 am

Or they are looking at how few DL we have for a team going back to the 4-3

RaisinHog

Quote from: King Kong on January 02, 2018, 12:26:09 pm
Or they are looking at how few DL we have for a team going back to the 4-3

Could be very true ...

tannerstahl

Big John is obviously still committed, but he is keeping his options open with all the different staff changes not only at Arkansas but other schools as well. He has a very close relationship with John Scott Jr. and I believe that will play a big role in his decision. Coach Scott is a very cool dude and a tell it like it is kind of guy and I personally wish he could've been retained. But it is what it is and that's ok too.

I have been doing my best to encourage John to make the best decision for HIM. Of course, I'd bend over backwards to get him on the Hill, and he knows that. But at the same time I don't feel it's my place to point him in one direction or the other. He needs to decide for himself where he wants to be.

He is scheduled to take his official visit to Arkansas the last weekend in January, so that bodes well for us. In my opinion it will come down to Arkansas or Florida...Gainesville is an easy 2 hour drive from where we are. I don't know exactly what he's thinking nor have I asked.

I would like to commend Coach Morris and Coach Allen and doing their best to keep John committed. They literally are full tilt boogie on John and are doing all they can to keep in touch with him on a regular basis.

WoooPig!
i love the hogs....so very very much

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

colbs

Quote from: tannerstahl on January 08, 2018, 10:25:31 am
Big John is obviously still committed, but he is keeping his options open with all the different staff changes not only at Arkansas but other schools as well. He has a very close relationship with John Scott Jr. and I believe that will play a big role in his decision. Coach Scott is a very cool dude and a tell it like it is kind of guy and I personally wish he could've been retained. But it is what it is and that's ok too.

I have been doing my best to encourage John to make the best decision for HIM. Of course, I'd bend over backwards to get him on the Hill, and he knows that. But at the same time I don't feel it's my place to point him in one direction or the other. He needs to decide for himself where he wants to be.

He is scheduled to take his official visit to Arkansas the last weekend in January, so that bodes well for us. In my opinion it will come down to Arkansas or Florida...Gainesville is an easy 2 hour drive from where we are. I don't know exactly what he's thinking nor have I asked.

I would like to commend Coach Morris and Coach Allen and doing their best to keep John committed. They literally are full tilt boogie on John and are doing all they can to keep in touch with him on a regular basis.

WoooPig!

Thanks for the update.  Oh thought there was a good chance John Scott would be retained.

Oklahawg

Quote from: colbs on January 08, 2018, 12:09:15 pm
Thanks for the update.  Oh thought there was a good chance John Scott would be retained.

That seems to have changed.

tannerstahl

I honestly didn't know scott had been retained, last I saw John last week he said he didn't think scott would be back at Arkansas 🤷🏼‍♂️ Sorry fellas 😬🐗
i love the hogs....so very very much

navyhog24

So does Scott being retained greatly enhance our chances of keeping Big John as a hog?

Oklahawg

Quote from: navyhog24 on January 10, 2018, 11:13:19 am
So does Scott being retained greatly enhance our chances of keeping Big John as a hog?

That is the consensus right now. Glad we kept a coach that so many outside of Arkansas thought was a high quality coach. Continuity helps.

jgphillips3

Quote from: tannerstahl on January 10, 2018, 10:55:51 am
I honestly didn't know scott had been retained, last I saw John last week he said he didn't think scott would be back at Arkansas 🤷🏼‍♂️ Sorry fellas 😬🐗

Well, I guess we've done our best and I know you have advocated for Arkansas without being pushy.  Hopefully Scott sticking around, combined with Caldwell who is an outstanding line coach, along with Chavis and his more aggressive, attacking defense that seems perfect for the kid will seal the deal.  I mean, really, his position coach is still there and the defense will be even better than the version he committed to so if he sticks with his commitment he will play on an even better unit than he originally thought he would. 😊

SooieGeneris

One would think the news on Scott Jr today would go a long way toward getting his signature on the LOI in Feb. The kid had some Hog gear on in his last HS game and he was apparently close to Scott form a good source above.

No guarantee with UF in the picture, but he never decommitted, RD thinks he sticks with us in a post earlier, so it looks good for us now, recruiting has taught us not to count our chickens though.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

monty hawg

Richard is reporting that Scott and Caldwell are going to see him Saturday 

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: monty hawg on January 10, 2018, 02:43:37 pm

These guys are both recruiting machines as well as top notch coaches. This tag team event about to take place at the Mincey house would probably get all of us Gung Ho about the defensive line next year.

jgphillips3

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 10, 2018, 03:17:09 pm
These guys are both recruiting machines as well as top notch coaches. This tag team event about to take place at the Mincey house would probably get all of us Gung Ho about the defensive line next year.

No doubt.  Caldwell is pretty much responsible for all that D-line talent that CBB inherited.  Those two together should get us stocked up again over the next couple of classes.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: monty hawg on January 10, 2018, 02:43:37 pm

that us great news. thanks

imtad16

Interesting that he is de-committing right after we announce his lead recruiter is being retained. I wonder if the close proximity of Gainesville is winning out?

https://twitter.com/JdcMincey/status/951518872250839041

colbs

Hmmm that is weird.  Figured he would wait until after Saturday's visit.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hawg Life

buldozer

I hope this young man the best going forward. It's way to early to blame the new staff for this, I just hope they replace this recruit with someone equal or better. Go Hogs!!

Wildhog

Quote from: buldozer on January 11, 2018, 12:31:58 pm
I hope this young man the best going forward. It's way to early to blame the new staff for this, I just hope they replace this recruit with someone equal or better. Go Hogs!!

I don't blame the new staff.  I blame John Scott.

If the only justification for him being retained is "recruiting," this isn't a good start.
1909/1964/1965/1977

navyhog24

Quote from: Wildhog on January 11, 2018, 12:33:49 pm

If the only justification for him being retained is "recruiting," this isn't a good start.

Ditto!

Kevin

maybe he doesn't like us offering more de
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The_Iceman

Not unless Chavis wanted a DE from Texas and we had to let Mincey move on.

Wildhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 11, 2018, 12:38:52 pm
Not unless Chavis wanted a DE from Texas and we had to let Mincey move on.

Yes, we dropped a DE from Georgia with offers to Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, MSU and others because Chavis wanted a DE from Texas.

Makes perfect sense.
1909/1964/1965/1977

WOOPIGDOOIE

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/m-footbl/roster/

I know it was said yesterday that Scott was being retained, but i find it odd he is the only name not listed on the coaching staff. Maybe this is all related

RaisinHog

Quote from: Kevin on January 11, 2018, 12:36:02 pm
maybe he doesn't like us offering more de

This could be possible but I figure it has more too do with the fact it's 2 hours too Gainesville and a long dang way too Fayetteville

ricepig

Well, you know you have to decommit to go visit other schools........... :o

RaisinHog

Quote from: ricepig on January 11, 2018, 12:47:31 pm

?

colbs

Quote from: Wildhog on January 11, 2018, 12:40:53 pm
Yes, we dropped a DE from Georgia with offers to Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, MSU and others because Chavis wanted a DE from Texas.

Makes perfect sense.
Especially since he was one of the prospects the staff was going to visit.

Wildhog

Quote from: colbs on January 11, 2018, 12:52:43 pm
Especially since he was one of the prospects the staff was going to visit.

Yep, supposed to go see him tomorrow.
1909/1964/1965/1977

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: ricepig on January 11, 2018, 12:47:31 pm
Jaquayln Crawford visited us while committed to Oklahoma..