Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rationality of the forum

Started by kaki, October 21, 2017, 05:53:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kaki

When outsiders call the Arkansas fan base the most irrational fan base my first reaction was indignation, but the more I read the Petrino love and Malzhanistas, I begin to have trouble disputing these comments.  Add to it the number of Hog fans calling our coach Bert and my doubts become even greater.  Not saying Bret should or should not be fired, just saying that most rational people realize it is highly unlikely it will happen before season's end.  Writing the Board or not going to the games are likely better strategies if one feels they have to make statements, but child like name calling, fantasizing over improbable (if not impossible) replacements and incessant bitching and moaning only seem to confirm the views from the outside and certainly do little to instill confidence in our University to recruits.

Tick Hog

Alabama
Auburn
LSU
Florida
Georgia
A@M
Tennessee
South Carolina

If the coach at any of these Schools was 27-30 overall in year 5 it would be no different and probably a lot worse. I like coach B as a man but I don't feel sorry for him. He makes 4 million dollars a year. This year could have very well been a rebuilding year to start with and coupled with injuries to your best RB, WR, and CB spells disaster. Like it or not it's a win now league

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: kaki on October 21, 2017, 05:53:05 am
When outsiders call the Arkansas fan base the most irrational fan base my first reaction was indignation, but the more I read the Petrino love and Malzhanistas, I begin to have trouble disputing these comments.  Add to it the number of Hog fans calling our coach Bert and my doubts become even greater.  Not saying Bret should or should not be fired, just saying that most rational people realize it is highly unlikely it will happen before season's end.  Writing the Board or not going to the games are likely better strategies if one feels they have to make statements, but child like name calling, fantasizing over improbable (if not impossible) replacements and incessant bitching and moaning only seem to confirm the views from the outside and certainly do little to instill confidence in our University to recruits.

LSU fired their coach because 10-'W' seasons weren't good enough.  Think they wouldn't be in melt-down if they had CBB and his record?  So would most of the fans at every school.  CBB has pretty much received a pass 'till this season.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Ironhawg

October 21, 2017, 06:51:42 am #3 Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 08:50:52 am by Ironhawg

So since you are so unhappy here at MMQB I guess you'll be deleting your account and leaving? 

LZH

We as a fan base are no different than any other top 25-30 program. Big money is spent, expectations are high, and everyone wants to win.

David†

Arkansas fans have the right to be upset. This is year 5 and it's not getting any better with Bret at the helm.

LSU has the worst fans and it isn't even close.

M L (bassplayer)

Last night with a group of friends, they seemed surprised that I was still going to the game. I'm surprised that even as a big underdog people wouldn't want to be there. Our big freshman QB gets another start this time at home with Gus coming to town and a super slim shot at setting his GusBus on fire. Hell yeah I'm going.

Seebs

Wanting a better product and perhaps a better coach to obtain that product is not unreasonable.  Some of the posters are in fact insane, but not unreasonable.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

The Boar War

What your friends (the outsiders) are saying is "Arkansas better live up to the role that we've created for them".  If they want more than the low goal posts the outsiders have created for them than the Arkansas fans are irrational.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Just curious, does anyone know what Mason, or Stoops record is?  Also what does Mullen's record look like through year 5?

sowmonella

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on October 21, 2017, 06:38:48 am
LSU fired their coach because 10-'W' seasons weren't good enough.  Think they wouldn't be in melt-down if they had CBB and his record?  So would most of the fans at every school.  CBB has pretty much received a pass 'till this season.
How's that working out for LSU? You had better have a secure commitment to something better before you make a move.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

grassroothog

When outsiders call the Arkansas fan base the most irrational fan base my first reaction was indignation, but the more I read the Petrino love and Malzhanistas, I begin to have trouble disputing these comments.  Add to it the number of Hog fans calling our coach Bert and my doubts become even greater.  Not saying Bret should or should not be fired, just saying that most rational people realize it is highly unlikely it will happen before season's
end.  Writing the Board or not going to the games are likely better strategies
if one feels they have to make statements, but child like name calling, fantasizing over improbable (if not impossible) replacements and incessant bitching and moaning only seem to confirm the views from the outside and certainly do little to instill confidence in our University to recruits.
I'm more embarassed by our W-L record than by our fans. As far as the "outsiders" go , eff em.

SPAL

Most fans think we should be a 10 win program when I can count the number of 10 win seasons on one hand since joining the SEC. We aren't the elite they want us to be

GuvHog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 21, 2017, 09:29:18 am
Most fans think we should be a 10 win program when I can count the number of 10 win seasons on one hand since joining the SEC. We aren't the elite they want us to be

No, actually most fans think the Hogs should win a minimum of 8 games a year in regular season play and occasionally get to 9+ wins.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

PharmacistHog

Its perfectly reasonable and rational to want him fired. Its just irrational to hate him because he's fat or makes stupid facial expressions or wears a windbreaker. Piss poor on-field production has driven many posters into picking out the smallest details that have ZERO to do with the problem and into twisting every word out of his mouth into fabricated BS. He sucks. He needs to go after the season. But he isn't the anti-christ (hillary is).
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

HogsonHicks

The most fanatic of fans spend the extra effort to register, log in, and regularly check-in and post comments on any team fan board.  You'll see similar comments and accompanying irrational behavior with any struggling team of significance.

The main difference is that Hogville is far higher quality and easier to use than peer sites, thus the craziness if easier to see!

lakecityhog

Alabama
Auburn
LSU
Florida
Georgia
A@M
Tennessee
South Carolina

BB would NEVER had seen his 5th year at ANY of those schools!
I do not agree with calling him names, it is rather childish, but it is time that he goes.

kaki, the reason some call us irrational is because we present and have presented for MOST of the past 30 years as a loser.  Those same folks called the Bret hire a homerun hire 4+ years ago.  They didn't know darn then and don't know darn now but it makes for a talking point on a, we need to get paid, sports program.

Tick Hog, according to some on here and the AD and HC, we've been in REBUILDING MODE for the past 4.5 years.  What are we rebuilding??  Obvious answer is last years 7 win season.  Do you like that spot to rebuild from?  Also, the teams you mention would not be in year 5 with a coach who has performed like our coach has.  They would have let the Guy go after year 3 or before as we should have.

thebignasty

Quote from: 12247 on October 21, 2017, 10:01:23 am
kaki, the reason some call us irrational is because we present and have presented for MOST of the past 30 years as a loser.  Those same folks called the Bret hire a homerun hire 4+ years ago.  They didn't know darn then and don't know darn now but it makes for a talking point on a, we need to get paid, sports program.

Tick Hog, according to some on here and the AD and HC, we've been in REBUILDING MODE for the past 4.5 years.  What are we rebuilding??  Obvious answer is last years 7 win season.  Do you like that spot to rebuild from?  Also, the teams you mention would not be in year 5 with a coach who has performed like our coach has.  They would have let the Guy go after year 3 or before as we should have.

Bert was a good hire. It didn't work.

If you never thought it would work, you're confusing ending up right with the ability to divine the future.

The truth is folks, the Arkansas fan base should be marching on the powers above the AD and asking in a reasonable show of solidarity that we would like them to act upon this situation.  Not a hell raising, irrational, drunken attack, but a clear show of concern that reaches the people who actually have the power.  Let them know we realize where the power lies and where the real decision lies.  Let them know where we stand first hand in a polite and thoughtful message.

This could be handled in a petition with names and addresses on it.  The only way these folks know what the public really believes is by looking at the revenue and I suspect that is still looking good.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: 12247 on October 21, 2017, 10:09:05 am
The truth is folks, the Arkansas fan base should be marching on the powers above the AD and asking in a reasonable show of solidarity that we would like them to act upon this situation.  Not a hell raising, irrational, drunken attack, but a clear show of concern that reaches the people who actually have the power.  Let them know we realize where the power lies and where the real decision lies.  Let them know where we stand first hand in a polite and thoughtful message.

This could be handled in a petition with names and addresses on it.  The only way these folks know what the public really believes is by looking at the revenue and I suspect that is still looking good.
Quote from: 12247 on October 21, 2017, 10:09:05 am

Banners also work. Like it or not. They and many on here will have the" Oh Good Gawd" reaction but they and the PTB bring it out.IE make it happen ,with their little games. A couple of hours of a plane draggin a flag across the sky(which was supported by 65% of the people on here might make em do something instead of this arrogance we see. Tennessee used full page adds in the paper, billboards,radio adds.......

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: PharmacistHog on October 21, 2017, 09:36:10 am
Its perfectly reasonable and rational to want him fired. Its just irrational to hate him because he's fat or makes stupid facial expressions or wears a windbreaker. Piss poor on-field production has driven many posters into picking out the smallest details that have ZERO to do with the problem and into twisting every word out of his mouth into fabricated BS. He sucks. He needs to go after the season. But he isn't the anti-christ (hillary is).

Here is the deal. When you come in on day one, running your mouth. Start off every year making outlandish statements about best I ever coached, yada, yada...and do little to nothing to back up your big mouth comments...you have embarrassed the fanbase. Flat out. That I came to win the SEC, I am going to outbama Bama...look at my record and Nick's record in the Big 10, best defense I ever coached....Austin is locked in like never before...

When you live in a fantasy world, don't get to upset when reality comes a clowning.

PRJ

LRRandy

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on October 21, 2017, 10:41:52 am
Banners also work. Like it or not. They and many on here will have the" Oh Good Gawd" reaction but they and the PTB bring it out.IE make it happen ,with their little games. A couple of hours of a plane draggin a flag across the sky(which was supported by 65% of the people on here might make em do something instead of this arrogance we see. Tennessee used full page adds in the paper, billboards,radio adds.......
don't forget cupcakes and cookies. The local grocery store chain in Tennessee is selling "FIRE HIM" treats in the bakery section. Pretty funny.
This is fun, isn't it.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 21, 2017, 10:46:06 am
Here is the deal. When you come in on day one, running your mouth. Start off every year making outlandish statements about best I ever coached, yada, yada...and do little to nothing to back up your big mouth comments...you have embarrassed the fanbase. Flat out. That I came to win the SEC, I am going to outbama Bama...look at my record and Nick's record in the Big 10, best defense I ever coached....Austin is locked in like never before...

When you live in a fantasy world, don't get to upset when reality comes a clowning.

PRJ
Please click!

DoctorSusscrofa

It all comes down to human decency. We don't have it. And we'll claim that's ok because other fan bases don't either.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

secthundahog

You've had heard the good ol boys spitting into their phones on bo mattingly

LRRandy

This is fun, isn't it.

LZH

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 21, 2017, 10:46:06 am

PRJ

I said when he was hired that you can't argue with his record. But when he got into a Twitter pissing match with a Wisconsin fan before he even got settled in on the hill, I knew we hired the wrong guy. He is not a leader.

Could his brand of football have worked here? Of course it could. Did he hire the right assistants and/or recruit the right players? Some were hits and some were misses. But the fact is that he just isn't that good of a coach. He had his chance and it is time to start calling Indiana and Illinois and some MAC teams and check their temperature.

From Tusk Till Dawn

SPAL

Quote from: GuvHog on October 21, 2017, 09:35:13 am
No, actually most fans think the Hogs should win a minimum of 8 games a year in regular season play and occasionally get to 9+ wins.

Nah. If this were true, we wouldn't have ran nutt out on a rail. You wanted more. Nutt gave us exactly what you're asking for now. And it wasn't good enough. Sorry.

davglo35

Quote from: sowmonella on October 21, 2017, 08:29:18 am
How's that working out for LSU? You had better have a secure commitment to something better before you make a move.
Lsu was a 10 won program with a proven coach that was told to open it up on offense and develop a qb. Les did nothing of the sort and was fired because he had the talent to compete with bama and just wouldn't do it.
What have we got to lose? How can it be much worse? 2nd half meltdowns to less talented teams. Only being able to win against the cupcakes and getting blown out at S. Carolina. O and don't forget the Rutgers back to back losses and losing to Holy Toledo! Getting skull fricked against TT and getting absolutely demolished at Aubarn. We arent asking for multiple 10 win seasons but to field a team that is competitive every week and win some games against the better sec teams. This coach is lost and it shows.

onebadrubi

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on October 21, 2017, 06:38:48 am

This is incorrect.  They got tired of having studs all over the field and doing nothing with them.  They did not require an air raid coach, they wanted someone to play balanced football.  MOST IMPORTANTLY,  they wanted someone that can manage the game.  Lester made way to many in game mistakes and mismanaged games and they got sick of it.  He was bailed out on shear talent alone many times however

007 License To Squeal

Another troll.........more concerned what other posters say than the loser mentality coach we are stuck with.......loser.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Ironhawg on October 21, 2017, 06:51:42 am
So since you are so unhappy here at MMQB I guess you'll be deleting your account and leaving? 

Of course he won't.  Trolls like that love to complain about everything EXCEPT the loser we have coaching our team.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Tick Hog on October 21, 2017, 06:27:56 am
Alabama
Auburn
LSU
Florida
Georgia
A@M
Tennessee
South Carolina

If the coach at any of these Schools was 27-30 overall in year 5 it would be no different and probably a lot worse. I like coach B as a man but I don't feel sorry for him. He makes 4 million dollars a year. This year could have very well been a rebuilding year to start with and coupled with injuries to your best RB, WR, and CB spells disaster. Like it or not it's a win now league

Worse. Those are the 7 best jobs in the conference.  SC could be 8th right now. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

GuvHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 21, 2017, 11:37:36 am
This is incorrect.  They got tired of having studs all over the field and doing nothing with them.  They did not require an air raid coach, they wanted someone to play balanced football.  MOST IMPORTANTLY,  they wanted someone that can manage the game.  Lester made way to many in game mistakes and mismanaged games and they got sick of it.  He was bailed out on shear talent alone many times however

Our best friends are HUGE LSU fans who live in Lafayette, LA. and I can tell you the biggest complains about Les where:

(A) He wouldn't open up the offense and switch to the Spread.

(B) He couldn't develop QBs to save his life.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

East Clintwood

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 21, 2017, 11:27:11 am
Nah. If this were true, we wouldn't have ran nutt out on a rail. You wanted more. Nutt gave us exactly what you're asking for now. And it wasn't good enough. Sorry.

Hooties record was just a part of the reason he was sent packing.  Him being a petty, manipulative slimeball and general allround pisspoor human being was the primary reason.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on October 21, 2017, 12:55:03 pm
Another troll.........more concerned what other posters say than the loser mentality coach we are stuck with.......loser.

You seem to be obsessed with what he thinks.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: David† on October 21, 2017, 08:10:33 am
Arkansas fans have the right to be upset. This is year 5 and it's not getting any better with Bret at the helm.

LSU has the worst fans and it isn't even close.

A "right" to be upset doesn't include the right to act like spoiled children and treat another human being and his family like dirt.

Redhogs

Quote from: sowmonella on October 21, 2017, 08:29:18 am
Not to bad they have beat FL. and AU. the last two weeks and seem to be on an upswing....wish I could say that for Bert &Co.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

gchamblee

Quote from: ricepig on October 21, 2017, 02:26:58 pm
https://twitter.com/gsmitter/status/921816873511149569

people will claim that this is only right or wrong based on how good of a coach you are. if you are a bad coach this is unacceptable. if you are a good coach thi is perfectly fine. simple minds cant understand that this is good or bad behavior regardless of who does it.

Hog-Corleone

LSU and Georgia fans just ran off two coaches whose records are light years ahead of Bret's.  Auburn and Tennessee's are about to do the same.  Yet we are irrational.   Got it.
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 21, 2017, 02:39:08 pm
A "right" to be upset doesn't include the right to act like spoiled children and treat another human being and his family like dirt.

Please tell me who has been treated like dirt.........

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 21, 2017, 02:35:30 pm
You seem to be obsessed with what he thinks.

You seem to be obsessed with what I post....

JaketheSnake

Quote from: gchamblee on October 21, 2017, 03:16:45 pm
people will claim that this is only right or wrong based on how good of a coach you are. if you are a bad coach this is unacceptable. if you are a good coach thi is perfectly fine. simple minds cant understand that this is good or bad behavior regardless of who does it.
Ive always said that coaching is one of the worst jobs bc everyone behind you thinks they can do your job better than you!  And they are always willing to let the fish know when there is a fence between them. 

DeltaBoy

SCREW THE ORIGINAL POSTER  AND FIRE JEFF Long.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 21, 2017, 03:36:22 pm
SCREW THE ORIGINAL POSTER  AND FIRE JEFF Long.

You want to screw the original poster? Have you tried asking privately and politely?

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on October 21, 2017, 03:30:38 pm
Please tell me who has been treated like dirt.........

Our posters regularly treat our coach like dirt.  I'm ready for a coaching change, but our fans are truly indecent.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 21, 2017, 04:34:18 pm
Our posters regularly treat our coach like dirt.  I'm ready for a coaching change, but our fans are truly indecent.

And then there is you. Getting ready to slip on your tux and head on down to the orchestra. Finely in tune with your senses, dialed in to address morals here on Hogville. While you cringe when someone says something horrific about Bret, you have no problem hurling insults of your own in the name of the resistance...it makes you feel good...morally superior.
And with your University learning, you feel as if you know better than us, beer swigging, Webb Pierce listening, toothless rednecks....but...you are still a big dummy...

Tonight, while you are in your tux, and that flute solo breaks out, as you smile and softly nod your head in full agreement, not a note played wrong, you start circling your head like a king Cobra...I want this to cross your mind....Copperhead Road. Shout it out...shout that mother out loud....

You big dummy.

PRJ