Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

B.J. Young - Continues to Earn Praise

Started by SWD26, September 17, 2012, 08:43:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SWD26

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/high-school/arkansas-young-all-metro-team-continue-to-earn-praise/article_d1b5e87a-00c2-11e2-aa68-0019bb30f31a.html

It would be great if he could lead the Nation in scoring this year!

I think he has the ability but, in Coach Anderson's system and the added talent to the team this year, he probably won't get the minutes that other teams star-players get.

UNCLE BACK

If he leads the Country in Scoring, we could make a final 4!

Dogtown Donkey

September 17, 2012, 09:47:20 am #2 Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 09:49:07 am by Dogtown Donkey
Quote from: pridgehog on September 17, 2012, 09:41:43 am
If he leads the Country in Scoring, we could make a final 4!

Very doubtful someone in our system would lead the nation in scoring.

Leading scorer in the country last season averaged 25.7 PPG. I don't see B.J. making a 10 point jump per game in scoring.

The_Iceman

The lower BJ's ppg, the better this season will be IMO.

I say that because if his scoring is high, it means he is carrying much more of the load that he should be. If the players around him step up, we should be very balances scoring across the board, with Powell and BJ at the top.

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 17, 2012, 09:57:37 am
The lower BJ's ppg, the better this season will be IMO.

I say that because if his scoring is high, it means he is carrying much more of the load that he should be. If the players around him step up, we should be very balances scoring across the board, with Powell and BJ at the top.

jacketsting

what would be nice is if BJ stayed for his Junior year so we could have Portis, Young, Mickelson, Kingsley, and Madden on the court.. that would be a team to rival Kentucky in 2013

Arkansas WR

Quote from: jacketsting on September 17, 2012, 10:13:18 am
what would be nice is if BJ stayed for his Junior year so we could have Portis, Young, Mickelson, Kingsley, and Madden on the court.. that would be a team to rival Kentucky in 2013
Thatd be great.. I was thinking the same thing

UNCLE BACK

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on September 17, 2012, 09:47:20 am
Very doubtful someone in our system would lead the nation in scoring.

Leading scorer in the country last season averaged 25.7 PPG. I don't see B.J. making a 10 point jump per game in scoring.
I agree, I bet he will average around the same as last year.

chiefhawg

Red Tusk

Bball season can't get here fast enough for me! Why can't both sports ever be on the upswing together?
If you can accept losing, you can't win.-Vince Lombardi

'Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff.'-Steven Wright

Granny

jcworm

When you are only 6'3 the nba is going to project you as a pg.

Arky

Danny J

Quote from: jacketsting on September 17, 2012, 10:13:18 am
Sleep osmosis?

"BJ...you need to stay in school for two more years. It is your destiny. You are going to take arkansas back to the promised land. You will be the number one overall pick and make millions. BJ...you need to stay in school for two more years. It is your destiny. You are going to take arkansas back to the promised land. You will be the number one overall pick and make millions. BJ...you need to stay in school for two more years. It is your destiny. You are going to take arkansas back to the promised land. You will be the number one overall pick and make millions."

Maybe we can work out a deal with his roommate?