Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Basketball Season Tix

Started by Omahabound, June 01, 2015, 04:09:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Omahabound

Thinking about getting 4 season tickets this year. I'm a BMS Donor so I think I will be able to get them. Ticket office told me " somewhere in the lower bowl "
The problem is I live in LR. I'm just wondering if I'll be able to sale the tickets to the games I don't go to. I know it's pretty easy in football to get rid of my tickets when I can't go, just not sure in BB. I'm not looking to make a profit on them, but I would like to be able to at least get rid of them if I can't go...
Any thoughts?

HotlantaHog

It's very unlikely. You WILL lose some money on the tickets, which shouldn't necessarily discourage you if you enjoy going to the games. I live in Atlanta and have season tickets. I originally bought tickets many years ago when season tickets sold out and the only way to get tickets to the best games (like Kentucky) was to have season tickets ... Obviously things have changed but I have hung onto tickets I guess in part because I think someday we may be back to where we were.

For the SEC games on weeknights, you can sell most of the tickets -- usually at face value, sometimes for less, occasionally not at all. Sometimes tickets will sell slightly above face, more often below -- and that was last year when the Hogs were quite good.

For nonconference games, unless it is a marquee matchup, you are going to take a loss. Sometimes I would sell my tickets for a nominal price just because I would rather fill the seats than otherwise.

BTW, just what I did, but I usually sell on Ebay. Some people use Stubhub. Some obviously sell on here. I use Ebay mainly because there is some accountability for payment. I live in Atlanta, again, so I don't meet a person in  person. If I were meeting a person in Little Rock or Fayetteville, there would be no concern ... You could exchange the tickets in person ...

HawgWild

I pretty much agree with all of the above. I had no problems getting rid of any of my tickets back in the 1990's when there was a perpetual sell out and even into the early 2000s because my seats improved over the years but it became harder as the W/L record fell. Before the start of the season I had a few friends that I'd e-mail the games I wasn't planning on attending to see if they wanted the tickets. I never tried the Stub Hub or E-bay route.

jry04

I was able to get rid of any tickets this year that I didn't want, even the mid-week games. I just posted on craigslist and would meet them in the mall parking lot, or somewhere else in Fayetteville. I usually just sold the mid-week games for $10-$15/each and the weekend for $15-20.