Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rip Jessie Pate

Started by UNCLE BACK, May 29, 2015, 01:04:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

UNCLE BACK

Passed away, I don't have all the details. Great Scorer hog career got cut short thanks to Alabama falsely turning hogs in on a violation. He and Adebayo.

MikePiazza

Lost him and Adebayo and still went to Sweet 16. Wonder what that team could've done if they'd been allowed to stay on.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

MikePiazza

Rod Walker ‏@rwalkeradvocate 2h

Sad news. Jesse Pate, one of best high school players in Mississippi history, passed this morning. He was 41. #Murrah #Arkansas
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

jbcarol

Rod Walker ‏@rwalkeradvocate 2h2 hours ago

Best big 3 in Mississippi history... Othella , Ronnie and Jesse

You know you're one of the greats when they don't even need to say your last name.... Jesse was one of those.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Inhogswetrust

Very Sad. Condolences to his family and friends.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hogimus Prime

One of my favorites.  I wore #4 cause of him. 

poloprince

R. I. P.   :razorback:
$PoLoPrInCe$

jbcarol

Rod Walker ‏@rwalkeradvocate 3h3 hours ago

Jesse Pate was Mr. Basketball in 1993. One of six from Murrah. Ricky Short, Steve Galloway, Othella (twice), James Robinson & Mo. #RIPJesse
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

revolution

May God bless and comfort His family and friends.

Mike Irwin

I never did figure out why he didn't get himself a good lawyer and sue the crap out of the NCAA.

Hogimus Prime

I remember the story that when Nolan went to watch Othello Harrington play Pate went up to Nolan after the game told him who he was, that he knew Nolan couldn't talk to him, but he wanted to be a Razorback.

I figured Pate went juco cause of grades. Pate would've been in the same freshman class as Robinson and Wilson.  He would've been fun to watch with Corliss, Scotty and company

choppedporkextrasauce

May 29, 2015, 07:43:20 pm #11 Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 08:27:49 pm by choppedporkextrasauce
He died too young.

Hogwop

Man I hate to hear this. I always wondered what happened to him. RIP Jessie, my heart and thoughts go out to his family.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

BigSexyHog

Sad news. Hate to hear this
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Kevin

May God's peace and strength be with his family
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hoglady

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2015/may/30/former-hog-pate-dies/?f=sports

Here's a link to ArkansasOnline article.
Family requested #4 Arkansas jersey - because Pate had requested to be buried in it. Obviously, had a true love for the Arkansas Razorbacks.
Sad what was done to him by the NCAA.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

gmarv

r.i.p jesse pate.may god show mercy on his family in their time of loss.

chiefhawg

Quote from: hoglady on May 30, 2015, 07:26:03 am

Family requested #4 Arkansas jersey - because Pate had requested to be buried in it. Obviously, had a true love for the Arkansas Razorbacks.
That is such a powerful request. Man oh man.

DOGALUM

A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

eabrown

Requesting to be buried in a Hog jersey, now that is a true hog. Condolences to his family.

secfan30

RIP... Obviously a true Hog.

secfan30

Very sad... A witch hunt hurt so many young men...

jbcarol

Rod Walker ‏@rwalkeradvocate  May 29
Some old footage of  Murrah legend Jesse Pate, courtesy of WLBT  http://tinyurl.com/qcx3v7f  #RIPJesse #Arkansas

Rick Cleveland ‏@rick_cleveland  12h12 hours ago
@clarionledger Jesse Pate always played like basket was food and he was starving. RIP.

tusksincolorado

WOW....so, so sad.

It just puts ALL things in perspective for me today.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Pigsfeat

"You don't eat mayonnaise to be healthy!"
E. Neal

TomBigBeeHog

Prayers for the family. R.I.P. Jesse.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

SuperSid4Ever

Foshodo

Hate hearing this... He was a favorite and reading the razorbacks jersey part reconfirms that. Always wanted his autograph to go with my hog collection but never heard any info on what he was up to...

razorcash2

Wow. True Hog.

Condolences to the family.

After so many years, and he/they wanted a jersey. You've got to start with Nolan, Mike, his teammates, and the fans. What a lasting impression all of these people must have left on him.

jbcarol

Courtney Cronin ‏@CourtneyRCronin  May 31
Jesse Pate's impact on high school hoops will thrive years after he's gone.

"Jesse was Mississippi basketball" http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/2015/05/30/former-mr-basketball-jesse-pate-dies/28237251/ ...

22 yrs ago, Jesse Pate won the highest honor in MS high school basketball. An honor that today is held by another Jackson great.

QuoteMississippi high school basketball has lost a legend. Pate, who was named The Clarion-Ledger's Mr. Basketball in 1993, died Friday at his home in Jackson from a spinal meningitis infection. He was 41.

The 6-foot-4 guard helped Murrah capture MHSAA state championships in 1991 and 1992. After high school, Pate continued his career at Chipola Junior College before signing with Arkansas. He would lead the Razorbacks in scoring for the 1995-96 season before being ruled ineligible for academic reasons.

"Everybody likes to have a Jesse Pate on their team," Jordan said. "He could play every position and knew where everybody was supposed to go. That made him valuable. If you see him play, some of the other guys could do more spectacular things than him, but he was always the most consistent."

According to his former Murrah teammate Joezon Darby, Pate battled with meningitis for over 15 years and developed cancer in his legs toward the end of his life...

jbcarol

Courtney Cronin ‏@CourtneyRCronin 2h2 hours ago

Visitation/funeral arrangements set for former Mr. Basketball Jesse Pate, who died last Friday http://www.clarionledger.com/story/prepsreport/2015/06/03/jesse-pate-funeral-arrangements/28419291/ ... #MSPreps