Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

congrats to Mike Newell

Started by husker71, May 28, 2015, 08:56:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

husker71

named head coach at Dillard University.  This school has won a total of 15 games in 4 years. 

chiefhawg

Newell has a great basketball mind. But he has a narcissist personality that seems to get in his way.

husker71

you know when he went to Lamar he immediately recruited a class that some had rated # 7 or #8.   At one time he was one of the rising stars in coaching.  That said I am glad he has found this opportunity and hope he does great.  His son could really score when playing for his dad. 

hoglady

The mistake of his career was turning down the Marquette job and staying at UALR. Don't get me wrong - I loved going to those games when Newell coached. He did a great job for many years. Career wise he shouldn't have stayed, though.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

root_hawg

yeah, he was hot at one time...should have grabbed it when the opportunity struck

husker71

rmcchris

I was at UALR during his tenure.  He had some problems "outside the lines" at that time.  He was a good coach.