Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Anderson said it best today about the cheaters in college basketball

Started by forrest city joe, October 03, 2017, 03:20:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

Quoted from Mike Anderson. we might not get some kids because of that. But I can go to sleep at night. we all better be thankful for Mike. he runs a clean program,and he still wins. look at the cheating this man has been up against. he been trying to beat 4 and 5 stars others cheat to get,with his 3 and a few 4 stars. it's a wonder he has done as well as he has.i so love Mike as our head coach.GO HOGS.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 03, 2017, 03:20:19 pm
Quoted from Mike Anderson. we might not get some kids because of that. But I can go to sleep at night. we all better be thankful for Mike. he runs a clean program,and he still wins. look at the cheating this man has been up against. he been trying to beat 4 and 5 stars others cheat to get,with his 3 and a few 4 stars. it's a wonder he has done as well as he has.i so love Mike as our head coach.GO HOGS.

QFT
Hogs up! Covid down!

hogsanity

.i so love Mike as our head coach.GO HOGS.

Really? I don't think we have ever heard that from you before.

And before you start, go look at my posts and you will see I have said MANY TIMES there has never been a hint of scandal around Mike Anderson, and that is a very good thing.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hogsanity on October 03, 2017, 04:25:49 pm

And before you start, go look at my posts and you will see I have said MANY TIMES there has never been a hint of scandal around Mike Anderson, and that is a very good thing.

What's your problem? The guy is happy about the coach being clean and you harass him for it?

hogwood

HoopS

Quote from: ShadowHawg on October 03, 2017, 04:38:45 pm
What's your problem? The guy is happy about the coach being clean and you harass him for it?
par for the course. Somebody seems happy? Take a leak in their Cheerios is you get close enough.

Some people just suck in general.

jdlew

The football coach also run a clean program....MA and BB need to win more than they have thus far....

Knot2brite

CMA bought himself a couple years by taking his team to the dance last year. I still saw the same fundamental mistakes in last years team that I saw in his first team here so I am hoping that some things change since he got some better recruits this year and for next year. Some of the mistakes may have come from the fact that he was unable to get higher level recruits because he refused to cheat. If that is the case then when he gets better recruits those mistakes should be minimalized. I am glad he runs a clean program and would have been absolutely shocked if he had been involved in any cheating. I hope that the playing field will be leveled now and he is able to gather high ranking recruits.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

AlmaHog2011

I am and have always been proud to have Mike at the HC at Arkansas.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

theFlyingHog

Am I missing something? Is there a link to CMA saying something?

TomasPistola

Is there an actual quote somewhere or is Mike working on his ventriloquist act and FCJ is his big dummy?
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: jdlew on October 03, 2017, 06:51:13 pm
The football coach also run a clean program....MA and BB need to win more than they have thus far....

^^^ this
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: porkinsons disease on October 03, 2017, 08:39:25 pm
^^^ this
I believe 26, and 27 wins in 2 out of the last 3 seasons and these recruits coming in like crazy is a sign of being really good.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Hollywood_HOGan45

Mike is doing it the right way AND winning.

Something I wish our football program could do.

1hawgballer2

Comments: I'm with you100% Forrest city joe

hogwood

porkinsons disease

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 03, 2017, 08:59:03 pm
I believe 26, and 27 wins in 2 out of the last 3 seasons and these recruits coming in like crazy is a sign of being really good.
Guess we just have to disagree. Making the tourney twice in 6 years while never advancing past the opening weekend is not "really good". Go Hogs!
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

Uberanubis

Quote from: porkinsons disease on October 04, 2017, 07:31:04 am
Guess we just have to disagree. Making the tourney twice in 6 years while never advancing past the opening weekend is not "really good". Go Hogs!

i don't care how you view it last year was  a screw job against NC and the refs kept us form advancing. not our coach or players
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: Uberanubis on October 04, 2017, 07:36:56 am
i don't care how you view it last year was  a screw job against NC and the refs kept us form advancing. not our coach or players
Yeah, it was definitely stacked against us that game

ShadowHawg

Razorback basketball has only won 26 or more games in a season on 10 occassions. It's happened twice in the last three seasons.

It's more absurd to try to make the claim that the basketball program and football programs are on similar trajectories than it is to say the basketball program is really good.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: ShadowHawg on October 04, 2017, 09:22:11 am
Razorback basketball has only won 26 or more games in a season on 10 occassions. It's happened twice in the last three seasons.

It's more absurd to try to make the claim that the basketball program and football programs are on similar trajectories than it is to say the basketball program is really good.
I'm not sure where that claim was ever made. The football program is on shaky ground right now . I agreed with the post that both BB and CMA need to win more. As a fan, I would hope that you would agree. Go Hogs

Little Lady Back

#NolanRichardsonCourt

hogsanity

They dont view the ncaat as the measuring stick for Mike, just w's and l's, even though all of college basketball uses the ncaat, making it or not and staying for at least 2 weekends as a measuring stick. Nope, for Mike just pile up some wins, and let the warm fuzzy memories of 1994 wash over everyone.

So Mike is at a disadvantage because he won't cheat, if so, good for him. But the football coach should be doing what even though his program appears to be clean too? That is the hypocrisy of the Mike Anderson PR crew here in jump ball. FCJ will come to mmqb and rail about BB being a failure, but 2 ncaat's in 6 years is a blazing success in basketball.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogsanity on October 04, 2017, 10:46:05 am
They dont view the ncaat as the measuring stick for Mike, just w's and l's, even though all of college basketball uses the ncaat, making it or not and staying for at least 2 weekends as a measuring stick. Nope, for Mike just pile up some wins, and let the warm fuzzy memories of 1994 wash over everyone.

So Mike is at a disadvantage because he won't cheat, if so, good for him. But the football coach should be doing what even though his program appears to be clean too? That is the hypocrisy of the Mike Anderson PR crew here in jump ball. FCJ will come to mmqb and rail about BB being a failure, but 2 ncaat's in 6 years is a blazing success in basketball.

While I agree with a lot of what you said, I don't agree with the fact about "advancing past the first weekend." Mike has had an incredibly tough draw getting North Carolina each time. He isn't lucking into easy draws or winners of huge upsets (see Cuonzo Martin at Tenn).

hogsanity

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 04, 2017, 11:13:39 am
While I agree with a lot of what you said, I don't agree with the fact about "advancing past the first weekend." Mike has had an incredibly tough draw getting North Carolina each time. He isn't lucking into easy draws or winners of huge upsets (see Cuonzo Martin at Tenn).

I said that people use making the 2nd weekend as a measuring stick. I have said here many times that once you get in it is all about draws, upsets etc. I will say though, Mike's teams have made their own draws. Last year would they have been a 8/9 if they had not lost to a putrid Mizzu, and Vandy and MSu AT HOME?

ShadowHawg

Quote from: porkinsons disease on October 04, 2017, 09:59:44 am
I'm not sure where that claim was ever made. The football program is on shaky ground right now . I agreed with the post that both BB and CMA need to win more. As a fan, I would hope that you would agree. Go Hogs

I probably shouldn't have quoted you as the equivocation was made earlier in the thread.

I think the basketball program is ok. I mean if they continue to put up top 10 program win totals 2 of every 3 years how is that not at least "good"?

I think they have to start winning more tournament games to move into really good territory as someone else laid claim earlier in the thread.

But if winning is what matters, then there isn't a legit parallel to be drawn between the trajectories of the football and basketball programs.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

UNCLE BACK

Mike has been to Post Season 3 of 6 years and averaged just over 21 wins a year. I would have loved to see him make a couple more tournaments but Mike does it the right way and he doesn't run his mouth. Mike just works his A$$ off and keeps his mouth shut. I know for a fact that we have lost about 4 big time players because Mike was not willing to hand over a briefcase full of money. Anybody that wants to send me a PM, Ill tell you which kids and what happened. We Like Mike!

azhog10

Quote from: hogsanity on October 04, 2017, 11:25:38 am
I said that people use making the 2nd weekend as a measuring stick. I have said here many times that once you get in it is all about draws, upsets etc. I will say though, Mike's teams have made their own draws. Last year would they have been a 8/9 if they had not lost to a putrid Mizzu, and Vandy and MSu AT HOME?
Maybe, especially if the beat Mizzou but lose to USCe on the road. There's always trade offs. WE lose games we should win at times, but then we go on the road and win a game that we probably shouldn't have. Those road wins mean way more than beating Mizzou. Vandy ended up being a tourney team, that we beat on the road as well.

jdlew

hogwood

Quote from: Kevin on October 04, 2017, 03:04:47 pm
roy Williams is shocked. read what the former aau coach said.

https://sports.yahoo.com/roy-williams-amnesia-comes-college-basketballs-seedy-underworld-190415866.html

F'in Piggie! If he had spoke up he could've ended Roy Williams back then! We'd have been in the SW16 twice in the last 3 years! LOL

porkinsons disease

Quote from: ShadowHawg on October 04, 2017, 01:24:33 pm
I probably shouldn't have quoted you as the equivocation was made earlier in the thread.

I think the basketball program is ok. I mean if they continue to put up top 10 program win totals 2 of every 3 years how is that not at least "good"?

I think they have to start winning more tournament games to move into really good territory as someone else laid claim earlier in the thread.

But if winning is what matters, then there isn't a legit parallel to be drawn between the trajectories of the football and basketball programs.
Agreed!

porkinsons disease

rtr

Quote from: hogsanity on October 03, 2017, 04:25:49 pm

You seem to hold the basketball program to a much higher standard than football. 
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

azhog10

Quote from: rtr on October 04, 2017, 10:34:30 pm
You seem to hold the basketball program to a much higher standard than football.
Yep, football making a bowl is better than making the NCAA tourney.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: porkinsons disease on October 04, 2017, 09:59:44 am

Yeah yeah yeah, MA needs to win every game. We get it.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on October 05, 2017, 12:10:23 am
Yeah yeah yeah, MA needs to win every game. We get it.
It appears you do not. Maybe my expectations are too high, but there is no reason why the BB team cannot be relevant again. Go Hogs!

J-Five

Quote from: jdlew on October 03, 2017, 06:51:13 pm

LOL
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

J-Five

Smh
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

J-Five

Quote from: ShadowHawg on October 04, 2017, 09:22:11 am

CONCUR

J-Five

Looking forward to this basketball season...Preseason schedule will be more challenging than last year and I hope folks don't cry to fire Mike Anderson if they don't end the preseason undefeated (sarcasm).  I like the way this team looks on paper, hopefully they can make some noise this year and do some damage in the SEC Tournament as well as the Big Dance.

Youngsta71701

6 years ago doesn't really matter at this point. What have you done for me lately. The basketball program is trending up. Period.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

hogsanity

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 05, 2017, 02:14:18 pm
6 years ago doesn't really matter at this point. What have you done for me lately. The basketball program is trending up. Period.

yet just two seasons ago, when they missed the post season you continually pointed out they were just off a ncaat appearance What have you done lately only applies if it fits your agenda to proclaim Mike the greatest basketball coach ever.

Quote from: azhog10 on October 04, 2017, 11:51:14 pm
Yep, football making a bowl is better than making the NCAA tourney.

Better? No. Equivalent based on the sport? Yes. 

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hogsanity on October 05, 2017, 02:23:18 pm
yet just two seasons ago, when they missed the post season you continually pointed out they were just off a ncaat appearance What have you done lately only applies if it fits your agenda to proclaim Mike the greatest basketball coach ever.

Pardon me but your CMA hate is really showing. Might want to tuck that in, this is a Razorback board.

QuoteBetter? No. Equivalent based on the sport? Yes.

So you think going 6-6 and going to the Texas Bowl is the same as going to the NCAA tournament? You are really reaching. That's more like going to the CBI in basketball. Nothing to write home about.
Hogs up! Covid down!

azhog10

You are an idiot if you think they are the same based on the sport. No one with sense truly believes that.

ShadowHawg

Over 80 teams go to bowls. Only 40 something at large bids in basketball. There have been years nearly every team in the sec qualified for a bowl.

There is literally no argument for your stance on this.

porkinsons disease

porkinsons disease

Quote from: The ColonelHog on October 05, 2017, 10:42:49 pm
Considering where the program was when he got here (nonexistent), I really don't know how you can say that.  He has the Hogs relevant again and even though you don't appreciate it and think it's easy, making the Big Dance is a big deal!  Ask all the P5 coaches that didn't make it!
Pel cleaned up the APR so that was not an issue. 4-5 SEC teams making the tourney is the norm. Are we that far down the pecking order? Only KY and Florida (debateable) have a richer history than us. Making the tourney should not be magical,but an expectation every year