Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Walther ppk vs Sig p232

Started by McKdaddy, May 25, 2018, 08:35:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

McKdaddy

I really like the style of this gun.  Admittedly I always have going back to the JB flicks of my youth.  Appears to be a good conceal gun.  I will do some googling tonight on the differences between these two.  I wondered, however, if there were additional brands in this style that I should consider.  I'd also like to hear any opinions on these 2 guns.

My current conceal gun is a glock 43.  Sometimes I'll carry the 27.  I don't enjoy shooting the 27 at the range....after 60-70 rounds I'm ready to stow the thing.  Whereas, the 43 and my beretta 92fs feel great in the hand after multiple boxes.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Mr.Swine89

Tough to beat the PPK in comparison. It's all about what you like. I do know what you you mean about your Glock though. Not much fun to shoot after a few rounds. My wife has a Canik Shark in 9mm and I enjoy shooting it as much as my Springfield XDS. It's all about personal preference it the long run though. Those Walthers are super easy to conceal but the price point for some people is high. That why we don't see more of them I think.

Let's us know what you end up with and happy shopping 👍

DeltaBoy

Bersa makes a CCW version in 380 with a double stack mag.  But for an all steel classic the PPK tough to beat.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

McKdaddy

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 25, 2018, 11:19:43 am
Bersa makes a CCW version in 380 with a double stack mag.  But for an all steel classic the PPK tough to beat.

The Bersa price is attractive.  Good to know.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

DeltaBoy

Quote from: McKdaddy on May 25, 2018, 01:37:15 pm
The Bersa price is attractive.  Good to know.

They gotten great online reviews!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Boarcephus

May 29, 2018, 06:17:19 am #5 Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 10:49:11 am by Boarcephus
I bought my wife the PPK-S 22 for Christmas and that is one sweet little gun.  I bought her the 22 because it doesn't have any kick to it but I may be on the lookout for another one a bit bigger for myself.  Another gun I bought her is the Browning 1911-380.  Before you buy and if you like the 380, this sucker is nice!  It's 85% the size of the regular model 1911 and I've never had a gun that felt as good in my hand as this one. The reviews on it were great and I have to agree with all of them.  Worth taking a look at. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

TheOtherColombia

It is a 380 so I guess in that regard it is the same, it is intriguing to me.  https://www.springfield-armory.com/products/911-380-acp/  My wife absolutely will not shoot anything but 380 so I have gotten rid of everything that isn't chambered for it (except for shotguns she would never use one of those anyway) even my carbine is now chambered in 380.  If you like the glock 43, then glock 42 would be logical choice also.  That is what my wife has and she absolutely loves it.  I currently carry a Taurus TCP, nice and small or a ket tec 3pat just because I have it and it needs to get out once in awhile too.  I want something a little bit bigger but am not a glock guy hence my interest in the Springfield above. 

jrulz83

PK380, it's polarizing, but I like mine a lot.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

Augustus

Quote from: jrulz83 on May 31, 2018, 03:32:19 pm
PK380, it's polarizing, but I like mine a lot.

Yeah, I really like mine and it shoots great. 

But requiring the key to strip it down and putting the spring back in is a major Pain in the...

zane

I really like my little PK380. Very accurate, compact, and comfortable to carry and shoot.

RIP LSUfan

jrulz83

Quote from: Augustus on June 03, 2018, 02:03:34 am
Yeah, I really like mine and it shoots great. 

But requiring the key to strip it down and putting the spring back in is a major Pain in the...

Yeah, it's silly. I've read that valve stem tools make reasonable facsimiles of the key, and that Walther will send you one for free if you ask. I just keep my key in the box.

Reassembly with the uncaptured spring did bother me until I did it a few times. Still, it's a fun gun to shoot, especially for the recoil shy.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.