Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NLR & Greenwood

Started by Grunt, December 15, 2017, 05:08:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IronHog

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 19, 2017, 12:04:59 pm
Same difference as it is between any successful program vs one with no success.

Sheridan is a baseball school

Plus part of its district is in Saline Co.  those kids play football school choice
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

IronHog

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 19, 2017, 10:49:22 am
He is one of the leaders but yes things are turning around. IF everything continues to go according to plan the $3.5 BILLION gas plant will jump start the area and we can re-build the economy from there. That kind of money is a game changer.

Won't make a dent

Paper Mill will close before long and Simmons will move.  Implosion then.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 19, 2017, 10:49:22 am
He is one of the leaders but yes things are turning around. IF everything continues to go according to plan the $3.5 BILLION gas plant will jump start the area and we can re-build the economy from there. That kind of money is a game changer.

That's the construction part which is what will bring the money. The permanent employees are only suppose to number somewhere around 220 or so. That is good but not a game changer. Besides who said all the permanent employees will live and shop in PB.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

zebradynasty

Quote from: IronHog on December 19, 2017, 05:08:05 pm

Sheridan is a baseball school

Plus part of its district is in Saline Co.  those kids play football school choice

Baseball only within the last 5 years. A good coach has won there before and a good one can win there again. Not saying state championships but the O fer's would stop!

zebradynasty

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 19, 2017, 05:24:08 pm
That's the construction part which is what will bring the money. The permanent employees are only suppose to number somewhere around 220 or so. That is good but not a game changer. Besides who said all the permanent employees will live and shop in PB.

No one is under the assumption that every person working at the plant will shop in PB. Pretty sure by the time this thing opens it will cost well over 4 billion dollars. That size investments plus the specialize product will cause other industries to build near it. A plant like that will create many support jobs and business opportunity in the petroleum/gas industry as well as others. Preliminary talks have started in increasing the mission footprint of the Pine Bluff Arsenal. To early to tell what impact that might bring IF it is approved.

ricepig

Quote from: IronHog on December 19, 2017, 04:57:07 pm

What % of PB school district do you think gets free lunches?

Bet it's WaaaaaaaaaY more than suburban Greenwood

What % of Jonesboro's do you think gets free lunches?

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: Mike Irwin on December 15, 2017, 08:44:17 pm
Years ago Don Struebing told me a story that demonstrates why some towns consistently produce winning football teams. He said, "When you play football for Springdale you don't appear in public if you lose on Friday night. You go the barbershop, the old men in there will wear you out. You go to Neal's Cafe, it's worse. You gotta go to church and as soon as it's over you better head for the car cause they'll get you there too."

Some places losing is not an option. Winning is part of the culture.

That and those Springdale boys knew they were off to the chicken houses so their last shot at fun was on the football field.

zebradynasty

Quote from: IronHog on December 19, 2017, 05:18:52 pm

Won't make a dent

Paper Mill will close before long and Simmons will move.  Implosion then.

Paper Mill is still hiring Simmons has pledge to raise nearly $50 million for downtown development. $35 Million dollar pellet plant is up and running owner is trying to get other companies to invest here. Several new projects set to begin the next couple years. Economic development is picking up and gaining momentum haters gonna hate...not good for nothing else but!

IronHog

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 19, 2017, 05:49:06 pm
Baseball only within the last 5 years. A good coach has won there before and a good one can win there again. Not saying state championships but the O fer's would stop!

Sheridan is more like a district in the ozarks than in central Arkansas in many ways.

It's a massive rural district without that close knit culture most football schools have

majestic

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on December 19, 2017, 06:18:53 pm

That and those Springdale boys knew they were off to the chicken houses so their last shot at fun was on the football field.
Funny, but not true. None of the starters on the 89/90 team work in a chicken house. Several work in logistics. Foringer is the head coach at Central, even though he played at Southwest. No idea what Struebing is doing now. He was a year later, but I think he was the guy who ran a turnover back the wrong way. PT was certainly influenced by who your parents were back then. Might still be. Sort of doubt it at SHS, though.  That's the poor HS now.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

SouthSide Johnny

http://www.greenwooddogpound.com/FOOTBA~1/RickJonesHired.html

Coach Lunney after being offered the job declined and connected Coach Jones and Greenwood 

Harv Welch was a disaster changing the offense to a wing T after Peacock went to Rogers.

Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

IronHog

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 19, 2017, 06:22:03 pm
Paper Mill is still hiring Simmons has pledge to raise nearly $50 million for downtown development. $35 Million dollar pellet plant is up and running owner is trying to get other companies to invest here. Several new projects set to begin the next couple years. Economic development is picking up and gaining momentum haters gonna hate...not good for nothing else but!

Nobody wants to see PB do good more than me

But it's crossed the point of no return.  What new stuff does come will help white hall but not PB itself

baitshop

Quote from: SouthSide Johnny on December 19, 2017, 07:21:39 pm
http://www.greenwooddogpound.com/FOOTBA~1/RickJonesHired.html

Coach Lunney after being offered the job declined and connected Coach Jones and Greenwood 

Harv Welch was a disaster changing the offense to a wing T after Peacock went to Rogers.

CBL would have taken the Greenwood job if the GW admin would have paid the price that Barry's DC wanted. Rick Jones was aching to get out of Broken Arrow and might have ended up being the HC at Southside....
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

BadDogGHSDogPound

Quote from: bphi11ips on December 15, 2017, 07:30:31 pm
How is youth football in Greenwood?

I can answer that one. It's great! Since Rick Jones has been here they've had to add a third team to the youth league. Coach Jones and the high school coaching staff works with the youth league coaches. Coach Jones and the high school staff even do a multi-night camp in July each year for the youth league kids on the high school field. Once they move into Greenwood's junior high program in the 7th grade they are running the same offense and defense just like the varsity team is. It really is a machine.
2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2023 State Football Champions Greenwood Bulldogs. Follow The Bulldogs On www.GreenwoodDogPound.com

zebradynasty

Quote from: IronHog on December 19, 2017, 08:23:52 pm

But it's crossed the point of no return.  What new stuff does come will help white hall but not PB itself

True white hall will get a boost problem is white hall has very little infrastructure. PB has the infrastructure railroads, water ways, highways and airport. 

SouthSide Johnny

Quote from: baitshop on December 19, 2017, 09:55:18 pm
CBL would have taken the Greenwood job if the GW admin would have paid the price that Barry's DC wanted. Rick Jones was aching to get out of Broken Arrow and might have ended up being the HC at Southside....

None of that is factual...
Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

Grizzlyfan

Visual Little Texas singing:

I try not to think about what might have been
Cause that was then and
We have taken different roads
We can't go back again
There's no use giving in
And there's no way to know
What might have been

IronHog

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 20, 2017, 12:54:54 am
True white hall will get a boost problem is white hall has very little infrastructure. PB has the infrastructure railroads, water ways, highways and airport. 

Pellet mill in WH

Gas mill (big if) going in by NCTR

PB headed toward 4A football in a fast way.

zebradynasty

Quote from: IronHog on December 19, 2017, 08:23:52 pm

This ranks right up there with biggest whoppers of all time. Right next to, "I didn't have sexual relationships with that woman..."

The pellet plant is in the PINE BLUFF Industrial  Park. So anything opening up there increases our tax base. The land for the Gas Plant has already been purchased. It is concerning that now with oversupply of oil that there may not be as great of push for the Gas Plant. My understanding most of product was going to overseas market, just have to wait and see.

Whatever classification PB ends up playing in we will still win and win often. 8)

AHorseWithNoName

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 19, 2017, 12:09:48 pm
Yep we disagree that you have your opinions on how or why things happen but don't project your opinions on to everyone else. PB was and is doing fine on the field WITHOUT your input.

It takes a quitter to make excuses for other quitters.   - Chuck Norris
"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck

AHorseWithNoName

You truly are an idiot.
"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: hoglady on December 15, 2017, 07:07:52 pm
North Little Rock had terrible, terrible coaching for many years - Bolding and the new coach from Starkville have provided quality coaching and NLR has been on a upward trajectory.
Heck - Bolding has made Parkview competitive in his short time there - which is almost unbelievable.
High school is all about coaching.
ALL football is ALL about coaching... Look at LSU before Saban and After Miles got hoof and mouth disease from eating tainted grass.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

baitshop

Quote from: Billy Bats on December 15, 2017, 05:26:01 pm
Greenwood is the best program in the state.  Has been for a long time.

Yet won't schedule HarBer, Bennie, NLR, PA...well, you get my drift.

Hayden1865

Quote from: baitshop on January 10, 2018, 05:03:30 pm
Greenwood has played 3/4 of those since Jones has been the HC
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive.

KlubhouseKonnected

It's gotta be the shoes
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: baitshop on January 10, 2018, 05:03:30 pm

OK not a Greenwood fan at all!! But you are not correct. Jones will play any and all of those he is not afraid of those teams. Atleast have some truth in what you post.

Hayden1865

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on January 10, 2018, 05:54:36 pm
OK not a Greenwood fan at all!! But you are not correct. Jones will play any and all of those he is not afraid of those teams. Atleast have some truth in what you post.
Been away from Greenwood for awhile was sorry to hear Greenwood/Alma is done. I know it's been one-sided lately but when i was a kid that was bigger than the Superbowl.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Hayden1865 on January 10, 2018, 05:57:34 pm
Been away from Greenwood for awhile was sorry to hear Greenwood/Alma is done. I know it's been one-sided lately but when i was a kid that was bigger than the Superbowl.

It's been disappointing lately but it's more about what Jones has done at Greenwood and the kids. Those kids work hard and are way better athletes than they are given credit.
I like what Alma is doing and really like the coach but seems like we just can't compete at the level we are playing. But the Greenwood and Alma game was a great game back when Coach Vines was rolling.

I have much respect for Greenwood and their kids.

baitshop

Quote from: SouthSide Johnny on December 20, 2017, 09:43:33 am
None of that is factual...

Straight out the mouth of Barry Lunney Sr. in the spring of 2005....

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on December 19, 2017, 06:18:53 pm

It was a lot less fun for the chickens.

baitshop

Quote from: Hayden1865 on January 10, 2018, 05:46:43 pm
Greenwood has played 3/4 of those since Jones has been the HC

Scheduled HarBer in a 2 year series....got curb stomped and cancelled. Has never scheduled PA, Bennie, NLR in a non-con 2 year series..

When Alma didn't renew this year, instead of HarBer, Bennie, NLR, PA, Broken Arrow, Jenks, Union, Owasso etc, they called Roland Ok. and Muldrow OK before settling on whatever Podunk school they ended up with around Tulsa....

Hayden1865

Quote from: baitshop on January 10, 2018, 06:12:43 pm
Scheduled HarBer in a 2 year series....got curb stomped and cancelled. Has never scheduled PA, Bennie, NLR in a non-con 2 year series..

When Alma didn't renew this year, instead of HarBer, Bennie, NLR, PA, Broken Arrow, Jenks, Union, Owasso etc, they called Roland Ok. and Muldrow OK before settling on whatever Podunk school they ended up with around Tulsa....
We played Bentonville. 2005 season I believe though I might be wrong on the year. When i was in school we didn't have to schedule PA because it we met them every year in the playoffs.

As far as NLR, do many people schedule a 3 hour road trip for a meaningless non con game? We have Southside and Northside right by us. Alma until next year has been the third ooc game since we left div 5a.

Hayden1865

Quote from: baitshop on January 10, 2018, 06:12:43 pm

Why would they schedule Jenks or Union. That's just stupid. Those schools are larger than the town Greenwood.

baitshop

Quote from: Hayden1865 on January 10, 2018, 06:26:35 pm
Why would they schedule Jenks or Union. That's just stupid. Those schools are larger than the town Greenwood.

They wouldn't because they would get curb stomped. Poteau, Sallisaw, Lift for Life are record padding teams (as are, unfortunately, Southside and Northside lately). Someone like Greenwood should be doing like PA, Shiloh, the NWA teams do and play tougher non-con schedules to get ready for later in the year. Could the reason that GW struggled late in the playoffs the last few years be because they hadn't been "hit in the mouth" and lived through it until the semi's or SC game?

baitshop

Quote from: AHorseWithNoName on January 10, 2018, 02:54:10 pm
You truly are an idiot.

You may be right....but I am right about why CBL didn't go to GW and that, according to CBL, CRJ was very anxious to get out of BA.

Right out of Barry Lunney's mouth sitting in his office in Jan/Feb of 2005.