Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would be nice to get a commitment from Eric Gray this week...

Started by The_Boot_stops_here, March 11, 2018, 08:09:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Boot_stops_here

He's visiting for the second time in a month's time, according to RD. Can't be a bad sign.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Can't hurt. He is a big time player, he get get the ball rolling for other big time recruits to start committing

ntubjr

Snout team

The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

jb11

Don't count on it. 247 says he is cool towards us, and we all know that they are always right.

SooieGeneris

Getting a commit from a 4 star would raise the ranking, not that that matters that much in the end, but it would be kind of like the pipeline to Memphis that Nolan had when Scott Edgar was on staff.

Nice place to have a pipeline to, lots of talented players. Is Craddock pulling these guys in with his TN connections or is Touhy involved in recruiting?
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

247Hog

Would be a great get for us. Really like offers from Vandy and Stanford. Need smart football IQ guys to go with being athletic.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

PorkBilly

I've seen him a couple of times. He's a hoss. Looks more like 200#. Played against Chase Hayden. Was signed up to go to IMG in FL and changed his mind. Ol miss wants him, but who wants them? He will be the top dog RB in west TN, maybe the whole state. Lots of players in TN this year.

nwahogfan1

Making a 2nd visit to us which he is paying for on his own but 247 says He is cool on us.  Interesting.  Great offer list which I love plus it would be good to be getting another commitment from Memphis.   

We will see. 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on March 12, 2018, 08:45:53 am
Making a 2nd visit to us which he is paying for on his own but 247 says He is cool on us.  Interesting.  Great offer list which I love plus it would be good to be getting another commitment from Memphis.   

We will see.
Obviously I don't have a clue as to where this young man will finally sign. However, giving us a second visit, especially if not on an official, is never a bad thing. And that's no matter what 247 says (or doesn't). I'll go with what a recruit DOES rather than what he might say every time.

hawgwash

Weird. When I click on the link provided above it shows just 4 or 5 teams, including Arkansas. It shows the interest level in us as Warm. But when I then click the link to see all teams, it shows the interest in us as Cool

WoooPigSooieShane

Either Gray or the back out of Oklahoma, Marcus Major, would be fantastic. Or maybe we hit the jackpot with both. They have great film. Gray put up some gaudy numbers in his junior year.

PorkBilly

Also...this is spring break week here. He must have some serious interest. In the last two years we now have a player from St Georges, Christian Brothers, and Memphis Central. Add Gray and the linebacker from Whitehaven ('20). That's a greater presence in Memphis than we have ever had. Morris is not just talk. He is implementing the plan. SJ Touhy, although not seen much, is a household name in Memphis. Every kid that has played football in the last 5 years has seen Blindside.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: jb11 on March 11, 2018, 10:34:48 pm
Don't count on it. 247 says he is cool towards us, and we all know that they are always right.
no it doesnt. it says "warm" and 100% :/

quit making darn up
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

woodhog14

Quote from: WoooPigSooieShane on March 12, 2018, 11:38:05 am
Either Gray or the back out of Oklahoma, Marcus Major, would be fantastic. Or maybe we hit the jackpot with both. They have great film. Gray put up some gaudy numbers in his junior year.
Marcus Major will be OU bound...just a matter of time.

zane

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 12, 2018, 12:55:11 pm
no it doesnt. it says "warm" and 100% :/

quit making darn up

It didn't say that yesterday when this topic was posted.

We were listed as cool
RIP LSUfan

thebignasty

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: zane on March 12, 2018, 02:10:16 pm
It didn't say that yesterday when this topic was posted.

We were listed as cool
I looked yesterday as well. Arkansas was listed as cool, it didn't go to warm until today

WoooPigSooieShane

March 12, 2018, 04:43:19 pm #19 Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 05:01:39 pm by WoooPigSooieShane
Quote from: woodhog14 on March 12, 2018, 01:26:00 pm
Marcus Major will be OU bound...just a matter of time.

Because 247 says so?

Major was quoted to have a great visit with us last month and a credible recruiting reporter in the state feels good about him being a Hog. He may end up at OU, but it's a long way from a sure thing.

Swestwill66

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on March 12, 2018, 03:48:47 pm
I looked yesterday as well. Arkansas was listed as cool, it didn't go to warm until today

Cool !

Paul

Quote from: PorkBilly on March 12, 2018, 12:48:16 pm
Also...this is spring break week here. He must have some serious interest. In the last two years we now have a player from St Georges, Christian Brothers, and Memphis Central. Add Gray and the linebacker from Whitehaven ('20). That's a greater presence in Memphis than we have ever had. Morris is not just talk. He is implementing the plan. SJ Touhy, although not seen much, is a household name in Memphis. Every kid that has played football in the last 5 years has seen Blindside.
although I'm excited about us getting back into Memphis there's no evidence that Touhy has anything to do with it

ballinhog

Yea that would be very nice although I would be happier with a commitment from KJ Jefferson. Outside of Burks and the rest of the in state guys I think Jefferson is the most important recruit of this class. Even more than Gunnel. Jefferson is perfect for this offense.

Pig in the Pokey

Well, guess that means we are warming up!

Also, this isnt just "a 4 star". This is THE #1 All Purpose Running Back in the entire country (247sports). #1! Kid would be a huge get.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: ballinhog on March 12, 2018, 11:12:06 pm
Yea that would be very nice although I would be happier with a commitment from KJ Jefferson. Outside of Burks and the rest of the in state guys I think Jefferson is the most important recruit of this class. Even more than Gunnel. Jefferson is perfect for this offense.
I starting to think the same on Jefferson. He is a baller, and he has been getting some big time offers lately. I think he blows up this year and will be one of the top QBs in that nation

PorkBilly

Quote from: Paul on March 12, 2018, 10:53:10 pm
although I'm excited about us getting back into Memphis there's no evidence that Touhy has anything to do with it
Don't kid yourself. Leeann, Michael, Collins, SJ, and Shawn (in that order) are everywhere in Memphis. I think I said SJ was seen very little, didn't I?  I'm not into the social media stuff, but I suspect you will find them there, along with most of the high school athletes. There's a reason Morris brought his kicking team holder with him from SMU my friend.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

And that's just the way we want it too...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

#1 STUNNA

sounds like we got a solid chance at landing this stud!!!

Tusks

Quote from: WoooPigSooieShane on March 12, 2018, 04:43:19 pm
Because 247 says so?

Major was quoted to have a great visit with us last month and a credible recruiting reporter in the state feels good about him being a Hog. He may end up at OU, but it's a long way from a sure thing.

OU already has a RB commitment from a higher rated RB from Spring TX.  I'd say his definitely in play for the hogs.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

rolyat_2008

Quote from: tusked on March 13, 2018, 03:32:42 pm
OU already has a RB commitment from a higher rated RB from Spring TX.  I'd say his definitely in play for the hogs.
The current OU commit is an Aggie legacy that Jimbo is after.

liljo

That's only because he is...sh, don't tell anyone...he is a Ninja... ::hornsdown::
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: rolyat_2008 on March 13, 2018, 03:42:25 pm
The current OU commit is an Aggie legacy that Jimbo is after.
Eric Gray is WAAAY higher rated than any of those leftovers.

WoooPigSooieShane

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on March 13, 2018, 04:17:17 am
I starting to think the same on Jefferson. He is a baller, and he has been getting some big time offers lately. I think he blows up this year and will be one of the top QBs in that nation

For sure KJ is the QB I want this year, even over Gunnell. His tape is awesome. Hope his unofficial went well.

forrest city joe

Hearing he and his family are visiting Arkansas for 3 days.not saying the Hogs will get him.but looks like there is a real chance here.Memphis is really opening up for Chad Morris and his staff.Ole Miss,Bama and TN have owned that city for years when it comes to football  recruiting.Hogs may have a chance now.

PorkBilly

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 14, 2018, 11:55:08 am
Hearing he and his family are visiting Arkansas for 3 days.not saying the Hogs will get him.but looks like there is a real chance here.Memphis is really opening up for Chad Morris and his staff.Ole Miss,Bama and TN have owned that city for years when it comes to football  recruiting.Hogs may have a chance now.

The coaches were in Fayetteville this weekend. Anyone see them?

https://mobile.twitter.com/LausanneFB/status/972978975650799619/photo/1

If the Gray's stayed for three days, would suggest they have departed? Hope it went well.