AirWarren

February 22, 2018, 11:34:39 am Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 08:22:51 pm by SPAL
Marcus Miller
DT | Warren, AR | 6'5" | 300 lbs | Committed

Composite Rating: .84 ***
24/7 Profile
Rivals Profile
HUDL

Plays DT and Center for basketball team.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/feb/22/hogs-offer-warren-junior-dt/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Richard Davenport

Saw Marcus in Warren's first game of the year vs. LR Christian and you instantly noticed him because of his size and agility. I expect more to follow Arkansas' lead.

#1 STUNNA

Was just a matter of time before this happened.

liljo

Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

woodhog14

oldfart

should have had jason peters alongside matt jones on the court

Bubba's Bruisers

Always excited anytime Arkansas produces an SEC caliber defensive player.  Especially on the DL.  Especially from Warren...the instate Mecca for offensive skill players.

I hope Marcus is a Hog fan.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hawgdavis

Those measurables remind me of Freddy Childers. Many might not know but Fred was 6'4 298 , 30+ vertical and ran a 4.5 as a sr. He was recruited as a DT. How do I know this . I had to practice against him head to head every day of my sophomore year. I was pretty fast back in the day , I weighed about 200 and couldn't beat him in the 100 yrd sprints we did at the end of practice. Dude was a stud he also played C on the B.B. team. Hope this kid is like Big Fred.

HogWildBison2011

Hello all,
It has been a while. It's tough to find a lot with him on it online. Although, you can see him in last season's state championship game. He is number 54

AirWarren

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on February 22, 2018, 06:42:14 pm
Hello all,
It has been a while. It's tough to find a lot with him on it online. Although, you can see him in last season's state championship game. He is number 54

He had on #29 at the first part of the game.

RyeHogFan

You gotta love a big ol boy that goes by Bubba! He's gonna be a good one wherever they put him.

cc

I've watched him progress since his 9th grade year and wondered when the offer was going to take place.  I think we are the first of many SEC schools that will offer Miller.  Hopefully we get 2 at least the big 2 from Warren and there is another kid or two that could contribute in the SEC.

island hog

Quote from: hawgdavis on February 22, 2018, 05:32:08 pm
Those measurables remind me of Freddy Childers. Many might not know but Fred was 6'4 298 , 30+ vertical and ran a 4.5 as a sr. He was recruited as a DT. How do I know this . I had to practice against him head to head every day of my sophomore year. I was pretty fast back in the day , I weighed about 200 and couldn't beat him in the 100 yrd sprints we did at the end of practice. Dude was a stud he also played C on the B.B. team. Hope this kid is like Big Fred.
'ol Freddie Childress was a bad dude.  Thanks for bringing back some good memories!

#1 STUNNA

#1 STUNNA

nwahogfan1

Quote from: waterboy on February 22, 2018, 01:56:48 pm
We need some DT on our basketball team.

I would love a 6'9 280 DE/T on our BB team if he can move.

outlawhogeywells

In watching some of that film did yall notice 13 burks

MP24

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on May 11, 2018, 10:26:04 am
In watching some of that film did yall notice 13 burks

Yea, some school should offer that Burks kid.  ;)
January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

SRV

Quote from: hawgdavis on February 22, 2018, 05:32:08 pm

One of my favorites. 
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

hawgdavis

Quote from: island hog on February 23, 2018, 09:06:11 am
'ol Freddie Childress was a bad dude.  Thanks for bringing back some good memories!

Remember him destroying that DT for Texas Tony De something or another. He was supposed to be a bad dude and Fred destroyed him for 3 years and one year sent him to the locker room with busted ribs.

AirWarren

RebelW

ThatGUY

Wow a kid from Arkanasas that owns a Razorback shirt????

jackflash

with what committed already getting him what a defensive line we would have

AirWarren

Quote from: ThatGUY on July 18, 2018, 01:30:40 pm
Wow a kid from Arkanasas that owns a Razorback shirt????

I know right!?!?!?

nwahogfan1

Any possibility we get a verbal at the BBQ from these Warren Studs?

ricepig

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on July 19, 2018, 07:26:49 pm

Sure, it's a possibility......

AirWarren

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on July 19, 2018, 07:26:49 pm

Possible. But doubtful.

liljo

Great lookin' young man. I hope we get to see him play for the Arkansas Razorbacks!
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

nwahogfan1

I have never seen Marcus play so a question for those who have.    Could Marcus play OT in College?   Does he play on the OL at Warren? 

I am saying this because we are in desperate need of a really good OT and the right player could play right away. 

AirWarren

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on July 20, 2018, 02:22:55 am
I have never seen Marcus play so a question for those who have.    Could Marcus play OT in College?   Does he play on the OL at Warren? 

I am saying this because we are in desperate need of a really good OT and the right player could play right away.

Honestly, he is a defensive line guy. He is so disruptive there. He may play some line on offense this year in Warren's big package they ran last year.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: AirWarren on July 20, 2018, 08:30:56 am
Honestly, he is a defensive line guy. He is so disruptive there. He may play some line on offense this year in Warren's big package they ran last year.

Thanks.  Just curious.  I love you said very Active on defense.  That makes for a very good defensive player.  Thanks again.

AirWarren

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on July 20, 2018, 09:38:29 am
Thanks.  Just curious.  I love you said very Active on defense.  That makes for a very good defensive player.  Thanks again.

Against Robinson, he was in the backfield a lot. Same against Arkadelphia. He is just one of those
kids that knows how to use his size to get around defenders.

You should see him get down the court in basketball haha. He is a big ole guy playing center and he can move. Think he is in AAU? He and Treylon on the court is fun to see as well.

#1 STUNNA

gonna be fun to see Miller finally healthy!!!

imtad16

Quote from: AirWarren on July 20, 2018, 09:48:24 am
Against Robinson, he was in the backfield a lot. Same against Arkadelphia. He is just one of those
kids that knows how to use his size to get around defenders.

You should see him get down the court in basketball haha. He is a big ole guy playing center and he can move. Think he is in AAU? He and Treylon on the court is fun to see as well.

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on July 20, 2018, 10:31:49 am
gonna be fun to see Miller finally healthy!!!

Are Miller and Burks a package deal?

I'm surprised Ole Miss and LSU (Or even Clemson, FSU, or OU) haven't offered Miller like Arkansas and Tennessee.

VirginiaHog

Not officially. But would be shocked if they do not go to the same school.

imtad16

Quote from: VirginiaHog on July 20, 2018, 10:55:14 am
Not officially. But would be shocked if they do not go to the same school.

Currently Miller's listed offers are Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee, and Memphis. So, if Burks were to go to say OU, LSU, or Ole Miss they would probably need to offer Miller? It's almost odd that LSU hasn't already for sure. OU already has a 5-star and 2 4-star WR's and may just be done, Ole Miss may not have the room for Miller because they are already at 24 commits, but for LSU it seems like a risk worth taking since they don't have a commitment from a WR yet. You increase your chances at a high 4-star in Burks and if Miller develops he is 6'5 300 with athleticism and who can't use that?

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: imtad16 on July 20, 2018, 10:51:42 am
Are Miller and Burks a package deal?

I'm surprised Ole Miss and LSU (Or even Clemson, FSU, or OU) haven't offered Miller like Arkansas and Tennessee.
if i was a betting man id say they 100% go to the same school. I would also say that I believe Miller picks up alot more offers after people see him healthy. He is legit and very athletic for his size.

imtad16

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on July 20, 2018, 11:45:07 am
if i was a betting man id say they 100% go to the same school. I would also say that I believe Miller picks up alot more offers after people see him healthy. He is legit and very athletic for his size.

Gotchya. Good to know. So, this is part of the reason that Burks probably wants to wait until after the season to see what offers Miller gets after all is said and done?

AirWarren

Quote from: imtad16 on July 20, 2018, 11:58:40 am
Gotchya. Good to know. So, this is part of the reason that Burks probably wants to wait until after the season to see what offers Miller gets after all is said and done?

No. I think it's soley based off these kids have one goal in mind. Win a state title.

I think it's nothing more nothing less. College commitment is imminent. But playing your senior year after losing in a weird fashion last year and playing with your buddies one more time, that won't ever come back.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: AirWarren on July 20, 2018, 12:23:10 pm
No. I think it's soley based off these kids have one goal in mind. Win a state title.

I think it's nothing more nothing less. College commitment is imminent. But playing your senior year after losing in a weird fashion last year and playing with your buddies one more time, that won't ever come back.
yep. that and Bo dont play that darn. It's before season or after season at Warren. No drama mid season. They are locked in on a Title this year in particular.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: imtad16 on July 20, 2018, 11:58:40 am

They just wanna be kids. Not worried about what college they are gonna attend yet. Great young men.

imtad16

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on July 20, 2018, 02:24:37 pm
They just wanna be kids. Not worried about what college they are gonna attend yet. Great young men.

Well, that is a throwback approach and a refreshing one at that. Sounds counter intuitive, but that outlook takes a certain level of maturity now days... to just be where you are now and enjoy it while it lasts.

AugustaHog

Hope we get both Marcus and Treylon.  Love that he was sporting the Hog shirt.  I hope the staff impresses them at the BBQ and they Call the Hogs whenever they feel ready.

Tusks

so where does Miller want to play?  I get that Burks likes LSU but does Miller like LSU?  I'd put Caldwell up against any DL coach anywhere in the country.  Miller could have a great career on the hill regardless of what Burks does.

Does Miller have an offer from the UA regardless of what Burks does?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: tusked on July 20, 2018, 04:25:37 pm
so where does Miller want to play?  I get that Burks likes LSU but does Miller like LSU?  I'd put Caldwell up against any DL coach anywhere in the country.  Miller could have a great career on the hill regardless of what Burks does.

Does Miller have an offer from the UA regardless of what Burks does?
Yes he does. They are best friends. They will most likely play together.