Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GB lookin more positive

Started by Nosboar Accubond, December 11, 2017, 08:33:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosboar Accubond

Beached

Ugly Uncle

Well, that does sound good.  Wish he would go ahead and commit to us.
Retired Radio Host

Nosboar Accubond

Love his comments about all kids wanting to play for the Hogs and the fans.

Peter Porker

A good redshirt year and learning behind Noland will do him some good. Of course the coaches will be tempted to change his position eventually.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 11, 2017, 08:57:59 pm
A good redshirt year and learning behind Noland will do him some good. Of course the coaches will be tempted to change his position eventually.

Is Noland the one that might go pro in baseball?
Retired Radio Host

bjeffersonhog

Oklahawg

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 11, 2017, 08:58:44 pm

Yes. Maybe he meant Steamboat Kelley.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

thebignasty

I don't think pro baseball is realistic for him right now.

RaisinHog

Man bohannon has a freaking cannon for a arm

Hollywood870

Quote from: RaisinHog on December 11, 2017, 09:31:34 pm
He stands tall in the pocket and drops bombs.

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: RaisinHog on December 11, 2017, 09:31:34 pm
seriously. Like, Jay Cutler effortless bombs. And his size is almost exactly the same as Treylon Burks. He is a physical runner with decent speed. But that arm... My God. I been raving about Gerry for a long time now. I figured Noland was Bert's guy and we were screwed, but NOW it looks like we are going to get my guy!

And I cant wait to see Hyatt, Kelley, and G-Bo battle it out to see who will start. G-Bo has an SEC caliber body already.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 11, 2017, 08:37:13 pm
Well, that does sound good.  Wish he would go ahead and commit to us.

Yes for sure if he feels that way about it...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

NotSoFastMyFriend

Hogs49ers

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 11, 2017, 08:57:59 pm

Do y'all really think he would commit here and want to compete with another high level QB in Noland for the starting job?  I feel like the other schools offering him and trying to sell him on coming in and being "their guy" for sure, no competition and that he would be the only QB they take in his class.  I hope this is not the case, but this is was worries me, that we just will only be able to have one or the other...
SCREW Vandy!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hogs49ers on December 11, 2017, 10:00:50 pm
Do y'all really think he would commit here and want to compete with another high level QB in Noland for the starting job?  I feel like the other schools offering him and trying to sell him on coming in and being "their guy" for sure, no competition and that he would be the only QB they take in his class.  I hope this is not the case, but this is was worries me, that we just will only be able to have one or the other...
Yes. And he is higher ranked with a bigger arm than Noland. And he's faster, and he could play other positions if need be. But he is the #1 player in the state of arkansas for a reason.

Also, Noland says he's playing baseball. That means he misses all the spring practices... How will he ever learn the offense enough to beat out Bohannon?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

RazorPiggie

December 11, 2017, 10:32:05 pm #17 Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 10:43:38 pm by RazorPiggie
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 11, 2017, 10:21:41 pm
Yes. And he is higher ranked with a bigger arm than Noland. And he's faster, and he could play other positions if need be. But he is the #1 player in the state of arkansas for a reason.

Also, Noland says he's playing baseball. That means he misses all the spring practices... How will he ever learn the offense enough to beat out Bohannon?

You are underestimating Noland. Lol

What he runs at GW will be VERY similar to what Morris will be running.

And I hope we get GB but neither him nor Noland will be playing next year or we’re screwed.

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 11, 2017, 10:21:41 pm

CCM needs to work his magic on GB.  Right now GB is headed to BU.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 11, 2017, 10:32:05 pm

i hope you're right! I want a healthy competition, may the best man win!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on December 11, 2017, 10:38:25 pm
CCM needs to work his magic on GB.  Right now GB is headed to BU.
did you listen to the video? that's what the thread is about. #magicdonebeenworkedyo

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 11, 2017, 10:41:58 pm
did you listen to the video? that's what the thread is about. #magicdonebeenworkedyo

I think that he's a HOG!

Pig in the Pokey

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 11, 2017, 11:06:13 pm
video is very telling, huh?! wps

Yea, but he made it sound as a very generic Hog statement.  He did not really tip his hand.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 11, 2017, 10:41:58 pm
CCM woke up a lot of fans, and it sounds like he woke up a lot of recruits too! #Fulltiltboogie

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: What's Shakin' Macon on December 11, 2017, 11:22:17 pm
CCM woke up a lot of fans, and it sounds like he woke up a lot of recruits too! #Fulltiltboogie
word. he's got me ready to run thru a wall.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 11, 2017, 11:25:24 pm
word. he's got me ready to run thru a wall.
I'm glad I'm not the only one then!

There's lots of possibilities for fun signs at the spring game, to show him he's got the golden pass here.

Großer Kriegschwein

We also have a backup plan for another kid, 4* from Texas, in case GB falls through.

I suppose from the time that Morris was hired, we were gonna sign 3 QBs. 

Also there may not be as many scholarships available this season as aforethought.
This is my non-signature signature.

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on December 11, 2017, 11:15:28 pm
Yea, but he made it sound as a very generic Hog statement.  He did not really tip his hand.or show his hat. ;)
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Supermark101

Gonna be great watching him catch passes from Kelly then Gunnell.

HogFoo

Quote from: Supermark101 on December 12, 2017, 05:59:04 am
Gonna be great watching him catch passes from Kelly then Gunnell.
Kelley wont see the light of day unless a lot of folks get injured.  Like i said, it'll either be Noland as the starter (and more than likely will be) or Bohannon.  Kelley may get a shot, at least until Noland or GBO get there.  that's it tho.  Then it'll be  "CoNo"   haha
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

HoggusMaximus

Will we still have a chance at him if we get gunnell?

hawgwash

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on December 12, 2017, 06:32:29 am
Will we still have a chance at him if we get gunnell?
Gunnell is not until next year.

blu

Quote from: HogFoo on December 12, 2017, 05:42:32 am
While i like  Gerry, and i think he would be great in Morris system eventually.  To call Noland Brets guy is insane.  The kid has as much or more talent than Bohannon does.  He could go pro in two sports!  And will be playing both at arkansas!  How on earth are you going to downplay that???   i'm originally from alma, and i dont like 'gaywood' as we always called them.. haha,, but ive seen the kid play many many times since my oldest bro lives in Gaywood and his kids went thru the gaywood system.  Noland may be the starter at QB the moment he steps on the field!  He already runs the exact same offense at gaywood, and he runs it very very well!  So to say that he has a step ahead already, would be vastly understating it.    Watch and see!  In either case, it'll be Bohannon or Noland who will be starting over any QB we have on campus.  I predict it'll be Noland.  btw, he isnt going pro in baseball.  He's coming to the Hill to play in football AND baseball! 

"we were screwed with Noland''??  seriously bro??     geez!   Actually, you lost me with your political views over the MAGA hat comments, and now , even more bro.   

+1
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

Broadway Rob

While i like  Gerry, and i think he would be great in Morris system eventually.  To call Noland Brets guy is insane.  The kid has as much or more talent than Bohannon does.  He could go pro in two sports!  And will be playing both at arkansas!  How on earth are you going to downplay that???   i'm originally from alma, and i dont like 'gaywood' as we always called them.. haha,, but ive seen the kid play many many times since my oldest bro lives in Gaywood and his kids went thru the gaywood system.  Noland may be the starter at QB the moment he steps on the field!  He already runs the exact same offense at gaywood, and he runs it very very well!  So to say that he has a step ahead already, would be vastly understating it.    Watch and see!  In either case, it'll be Bohannon or Noland who will be starting over any QB we have on campus.  I predict it'll be Noland.  btw, he isnt going pro in baseball.  He's coming to the Hill to play in football AND baseball! 

"we were screwed with Noland''??  seriously bro??     geez!   Actually, you lost me with your political views over the MAGA hat comments, and now , even more bro.

With all due respect man, you should consider getting out more.  The immaturity in calling Greenwood, Gaywood, is ridiculous at best.   
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

jjdlc

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 11, 2017, 10:32:05 pm

And I hope we get GB but neither him nor Noland will be playing next year or we're screwed.

Man, don't you know, the best QB on campus is always the backup, and the kid that hasn't even made it there yet is even better.  Rule #1 of college football.

I LOL at the people who insist that Kelley has no chance of starting next year.  Kid was put in a tough position this year, and did decently well.  He has a strong arm, and is more mobile than he has any right to be at his size, give him more than .02 seconds in the pocket to throw, and who knows

HogFoo

Quote from: Broadway Rob on December 12, 2017, 06:40:13 am
With all due respect man, you should consider getting out more.  The immaturity in calling Greenwood, Gaywood, is ridiculous at best.   
well it was about 25yrs ago before all this overblown politically correct BS came about.  But if it offends you, then I apologize twinkle toes.  Haha.. im kidding.  Geez everyone is offended at anything these days. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

oxhog24

I've never seen Bohannon take a snap in person so cannot comment on his play but due the fact my kids go to school at Greenwood (not from there myself) I have seen almost every snap Noland has played at the High school level....the kid is legit, great arm, runs well, and is both physically and mentally tough. Noland is the best I've seen play QB for Jones at Greenwood, he will do well at the UA, and CCM's system is made for him.  I will not be surprised at all if Noland starts by week 2-3 next fall.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: oxhog24 on December 12, 2017, 08:57:03 am
I've never seen Bohannon take a snap in person so cannot comment on his play but due the fact my kids go to school at Greenwood (not from there myself) I have seen almost every snap Noland has played at the High school level....the kid is legit, great arm, runs well, and is both physically and mentally tough. Noland is the best I've seen play QB for Jones at Greenwood, he will do well at the UA, and CCM's system is made for him.  I will not be surprised at all if Noland starts by week 2-3 next fall.
Good deal! I'll take both.

GoPigs69

Quote from: HogFoo on December 12, 2017, 08:28:02 am
well it was about 25yrs ago before all this overblown politically correct BS came about.  But if it offends you, then I apologize twinkle toes.  Haha.. im kidding.  Geez everyone is offended at anything these days. 

Yea because no one should be offended by gay comments. Ridiculous. It was wrong then too btw.

ricepig

Doubtful since he is enrolling early for spring practice.

hawginbigd1

I want GB period, QB or whatever. Noland I am skeptical, just don't see a 2 sport guy being QB1, any other position maybe. Can you imagine the fallout from losses with questionable QB play from a player that skips spring ball every season?

Broadway Rob

Quote from: HogFoo on December 12, 2017, 08:28:02 am

Could not be more wrong.  I'm from NEA and have never even been to Greenwood.  I'm not offended in the least.  It's not Political Correctness, it's just lame and immature. 
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

Pig in the Pokey

While i like  Gerry, and i think he would be great in Morris system eventually.  To call No land Brets guy is insane.  The kid has as much or more talent than Bohannon does.  He could go pro in two sports!  And will be playing both at arkansas!  How on earth are you going to downplay that???   i'm originally from alma, and i dont like 'gaywood' as we always called them.. haha,, but ive seen the kid play many many times since my oldest bro lives in Gaywood and his kids went thru the gaywood system.  Noland may be the starter at QB the moment he steps on the field!  He already runs the exact same offense at gaywood, and he runs it very very well!  So to say that he has a step ahead already, would be vastly understating it.    Watch and see!  In either case, it'll be Bohannon or Noland who will be starting over any QB we have on campus.  I predict it'll be Noland.  btw, he isnt going pro in baseball.  He's coming to the Hill to play in football AND baseball! 

dude. Noland is a baseball player. he will be playing baseball in the springs. How is he going to be our starter at QB if he is playing baseball?

And, dude, nobody rates Noland higher than Bohannon. They just don't. Sounds like you are just more familiar with the kid local to you.

And nobody was knocking Noland. I just rate Bohannon higher. He is an Elite 11 QB. And everytime It's mentioned I say I want both. Sounds like you only want the , umm, 'local', guy...

As for politics,.... you are an obviously in-tolerate person. Please refrain from preaching your filthy views at me. #wrongsideofhistory

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 12, 2017, 09:40:12 am
I want GB period, QB or whatever. Noland I am skeptical, just don't see a 2 sport guy being QB1, any other position maybe. Can you imagine the fallout from losses with questionable QB play from a player that skips spring ball every season?
This exactly. and he is smaller in stature and his arm isnt as big as Bohannon's, even though Noland has a nice arm, he cant throw it quite like G-Bo can.

blu

You're hilarious. If the "experts" rate him better, a slightly higher 4*, he must be better.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

HogFoo

Quote from: GoPigs69 on December 12, 2017, 09:22:23 am
Yea because no one should be offended by gay comments. Ridiculous. It was wrong then too btw.
cool story bro.

HogFoo

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 12, 2017, 09:53:35 am
dude. Noland is a baseball player. he will be playing baseball in the springs. How is he going to be our starter at QB if he is playing baseball?

And, dude, nobody rates Noland higher than Bohannon. They just don't. Sounds like you are just more familiar with the kid local to you.

And nobody was knocking Noland. I just rate Bohannon higher. He is an Elite 11 QB. And everytime It's mentioned I say I want both. Sounds like you only want the , umm, 'local', guy...

As for politics,.... you are an obviously in-tolerate person. Please refrain from preaching your filthy views at me. #wrongsideofhistory
Barry lunney Jr. Played baseball and football for the Hogs.  Ole Nuttsack even was wise enough to let players do other sports. He would always say that they could do it as long as they contribute to the team. 

He would be in line for starter because he runs a system already closely related to what Morris will be running.  He or BoHannon would be further along in the system than any QB we currently have on the roster.  And between BoHannon and Noland, I think Noland is further along than BoHannon. I hope we get both players.  If I'm proven wrong and BoHannon ends up being the better player. So be it. I don't really care where the player is from.  Which part of the state.  I ,like most, just want to win.  My opinion , unlike yours is that Noland would be better because he runs the style offense that Morris already runs, and is very very good at it. 

As for being on wrong side of history.  Yes, I am a deplorable. It's ok though, but you better get used to it, cuz there will be 2 terms of the deplorable. Just saying.

Pig in the Pokey

im not biting on that bait... at least you admit you are on the wrong side of history.

As for the thread, yes, we need both Noland and Bohannon. It's important for lots of reasons. They are the two best prospects in state. One from the east, one from the west. A white kid and a black kid. It should be a unifying thing not a decisive thing. Many of us stick up for Bohannon b/c Noland was supposed to be the best recruit and that ended up being bohannon and a good portion of this board was flat-foot in denial about that for a long time and bashed Gerry. That was a bad look for us for obvious reasons.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: HogFoo on December 12, 2017, 10:24:13 am
Barry lunney Jr. Played baseball and football for the Hogs.  Ole Nuttsack even was wise enough to let players do other sports. He would always say that they could do it as long as they contribute to the team. 

He would be in line for starter because he runs a system already closely related to what Morris will be running.  He or BoHannon would be further along in the system than any QB we currently have on the roster.  And between BoHannon and Noland, I think Noland is further along than BoHannon. I hope we get both players.  If I'm proven wrong and BoHannon ends up being the better player. So be it. I don't really care where the player is from.  Which part of the state.  I ,like most, just want to win.  My opinion , unlike yours is that Noland would be better because he runs the style offense that Morris already runs, and is very very good at it. 

As for being on wrong side of history.  Yes, I am a deplorable. It's ok though, but you better get used to it, cuz there will be 2 terms of the deplorable. Just saying.

lol. Bohannon runs a similar system also..people are acting like hes running the wing T or something.