Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All of the sudden

Started by hawgdavis, December 11, 2017, 10:20:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgdavis

Is it just me or is football and football recruiting fun again. I also feel confident that the new coach will sign very good and highly rated teams a far as what we're used to getting.

What say you?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Don't be surprised if the rankings are not that much better... Rankings are opinions, and some of these kids we have committed or are recruiting are not rated as highly as they should be.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Tigaman

The biggest factor to our ranking right now is numbers. All but 4 teams ahead of us have more commitments than we currently have right now.

Atlhogfan1

Not seeing much difference except perhaps we'll take a few more reaches.  But as I said in another thread, gets a pass this year due to trying to fill out class. 

We'll see how he does here:

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=TX

The real test:

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=TX
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: hawgdavis on December 11, 2017, 10:20:56 am
Is it just me or is football and football recruiting fun again. I also feel confident that the new coach will sign very good and highly rated teams a far as what we’re used to getting.

What say you?

Yes. Hadn't cared much about recruiting since the beginning of the season. Didn't even bother coming on the recruiting board for the last few months.

Check daily now.

Renewed enthusiasm for sure.

WPS
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Trey1981

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 11, 2017, 11:04:01 am
Not seeing much difference except perhaps we'll take a few more reaches.  But as I said in another thread, gets a pass this year due to trying to fill out class. 

We'll see how he does here:

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=TX

The real test:

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=TX

Mind blowing how many 4's and 5's there are in TX.  Gunnell could be the first big piece to fall.  Would love that to happen soon to start momentum for '19.

rude1

We aren't going to unseat the perennial top SEC recruiting teams, what gives me hope is we finally are finally back to a scheme that will better fit the type of personnel that we can get on campus. Innovative offense combined with opportunistic defense is what will work here, we can recruit to that type of play effectively IMO.

farmhawg

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on December 11, 2017, 11:12:37 am
Yes. Hadn't cared much about recruiting since the beginning of the season. Didn't even bother coming on the recruiting board for the last few months.

Check daily now.

WPS
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

SPAL

Quote from: rude1 on December 11, 2017, 11:32:49 am
We aren't going to unseat the perennial top SEC recruiting teams, what gives me hope is we finally are finally back to a scheme that will better fit the type of personnel that we can get on campus. Innovative offense combined with opportunistic defense is what will work here, we can recruit to that type of play effectively IMO.

Absolutely

gustofwind

Quote from: Trey1981 on December 11, 2017, 11:25:30 am
Mind blowing how many 4's and 5's there are in TX.  Gunnell could be the first big piece to fall.  Would love that to happen soon to start momentum for '19.

If thats mind blowing then take a look at FL.  Tx has 44 4-5*, CA has 48, and FL has 65. 

LJHOG

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 11, 2017, 10:33:55 am
  Don't be surprised if the rankings are not that much better... Rankings are opinions, and some of these kids we have committed or are recruiting are not rated as highly as they should be.
Keep telling yourself that.  Go ahead and ignore the results of the last 20 years starring you in the face.

Hogindasticks

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on December 11, 2017, 11:12:37 am

Check daily now.

WPS

Same here....seeing a bunch of speed coming.

hawgdavis

I would like to continue going after players from Ga they don't have the huge numbers of 4-5 * players but even the high 3-4* down here are men. It's amazing how they produce such productive players. Looks at NFL rosters and see how much talent comes out of Ga. there are so many that went elsewhere besides Ga schools that you don't realize where they came from. One of the few states that still plays grown man football and it shows in what they turn out.

Flrazrback

Actually impressed with the commits we have been able to get thus far. We do have good talent on the team already but it was miss managed and not well coached. I agree that some recruits are not properly classed as far and thier evaluations are wrong. Look forward to see what our Coaches produce.. Think we are in for a very pleasant surprise...

JONAS

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 11, 2017, 10:33:55 am

I won't be.  If a 4* commits to Arkansas, he automatically drops to a 3*.  At least it seems to be that way.